Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1288329 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: (18K Gold Springs) - via Proxy : 2nd Order - 62g Available!
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 22:03:13 »
A million thanks for your willingness to proxy HPE!  :)

+1

Thanks again HPE

+2. Prepping these and getting them into my clears all week is gonna take my mind off of waiting for my plate =D
:thumb:

Spring swapping is tedious, but spring swapping, lubing and stickering is even harder XD
I guess having a beast tool would help a lot, but I don't have one and don't do enough switch modding to actively seek one out.

Everyone should have their tracking # by now, I sent them to your paypal emails. If you didn't get one and want it, just PM me and I will send it to you. Most of these are 2 day shipping, with just a couple are 3 day shipping due to distance. So expect them Wednesday and Thursday.

Yeah, I wish I had a set of beast tools, but I found the parts of a binder clip to suffice. Bent them and after taking apart 20 switches, they were still in perfect condition, so I'll take that. As for stickering, that takes two seconds, it's lubing that I'm gonna hate haha. I have some nice krytox all ready to go on everything, and once I get my plate back, I'll have the Race 2 of my dreams.
Maybe I am just terrible at stickering lol

It takes me a long time to get all of the stickers in place.

Update people, if you order 5 or more packs of springs you need to select that on the order form because it is more expensive.

I was able to get one persons order from round 1 with 6 spring packs in a flat rate box. But only because they were initially packed a certain way and I am not going to deal with that again. Two people from the first round had massive orders before this was decided on so the little bit of overhead from this covered that. The bigger boxes are using priority mail as well, but insurance only covers $50 worth of the value so I have to pay for insurance.

It is the last day to order, after the 31st round 2 is done.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 22:09:26 »

+1

Thanks again HPE

+2. Prepping these and getting them into my clears all week is gonna take my mind off of waiting for my plate =D

Spring swapping is tedious, but spring swapping, lubing and stickering is even harder XD
I guess having a beast tool would help a lot, but I don't have one and don't do enough switch modding to actively seek one out.

Everyone should have their tracking # by now, I sent them to your paypal emails. If you didn't get one and want it, just PM me and I will send it to you. Most of these are 2 day shipping, with just a couple are 3 day shipping due to distance. So expect them Wednesday and Thursday.

Yeah, I wish I had a set of beast tools, but I found the parts of a binder clip to suffice. Bent them and after taking apart 20 switches, they were still in perfect condition, so I'll take that. As for stickering, that takes two seconds, it's lubing that I'm gonna hate haha. I have some nice krytox all ready to go on everything, and once I get my plate back, I'll have the Race 2 of my dreams.

tried the binder clip mod. Couldn't bend them the correct way. Ended up just getting beast tools

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 22:10:47 »

+1

Thanks again HPE

tried the binder clip mod. Couldn't bend them the correct way. Ended up just getting beast tools
I tried, one side worked okay, the other no so much. It also seemed to bend the switch tops a LOT more than just prying to tiny little flat head screwdrivers in each side.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 22:28:11 »

+1

Thanks again HPE

I tried, one side worked okay, the other no so much. It also seemed to bend the switch tops a LOT more than just prying to tiny little flat head screwdrivers in each side.

Maybe I just don't care about being too careful this time around since I'm replacing the switch tops lol
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 04:31:59 »
I personally bent some paperclips into the correct orientation, works really well for opening up switches.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: (18K Gold Springs) - via Proxy : 62g Available! - 2nd Order close soon.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:22:43 »
Packages dropped off at the post office, expect them in the next 2-3 days.  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:30:08 »
Now I know why I got that click-n-ship notification  :))

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:07:44 »
awesome :)

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:54:09 »
Is it too late to get in on this round?  I've been toying with picking up a few sets of springs for some potential projects coming up.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:06:19 »
Is it too late to get in on this round?  I've been toying with picking up a few sets of springs for some potential projects coming up.

Last day to place your order and pay by midnight. :o
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:18:31 »
Good to know.  How would blues with 65g springs from this GB compare to stock blues and stock greens?  I'm in the Massdrop GB for an Ergodox kit and still torn on switch choice.  I was down to greens, blues, and clears.  Now I'm debating getting blues and swapping to the 65g springs.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:24:03 »
Good to know.  How would blues with 65g springs from this GB compare to stock blues and stock greens?  I'm in the Massdrop GB for an Ergodox kit and still torn on switch choice.  I was down to greens, blues, and clears.  Now I'm debating getting blues and swapping to the 65g springs.

Sprit says his 65g springs are similar to vintage blues. A tad lighter than MX Greens and Vintage Blacks, but also a bit stiffer than modern day Blues.

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:26:53 »
Thanks Zeal.  I just realized switching to blues in the buy saves me enough to buy the springs and upset what I have ear marked for the Dox.

Ordered.  I think let me know if I missed something :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:58:48 by zflamewing »

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:19:37 »
Hey zeal, any idea on how many springs per weight we're getting per sample pack for the Canadians?
Hopefully there's at least 4 springs for each weight, so I can lighten up my arrow keys with <60g springs :S
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:31:27 »
Hey zeal, any idea on how many springs per weight we're getting per sample pack for the Canadians?
Hopefully there's at least 4 springs for each weight, so I can lighten up my arrow keys with <60g springs :S

Unless Sprit magically packed some more sample springs, it'll most likely only be 1 per weight now, as we have some R2 orders grouped in this shipment.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 20:03:01 »

Last day to place your order and pay by midnight. :o

I canceled my original order and placed an updated one. Still waiting on new invoice, hope I wasn't too late.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 20:11:49 »
Do we part another invoice after it reaches the proxy?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 20:15:45 »
Do we part another invoice after it reaches the proxy?
Nope, your shipping is all paid and everything.  :thumb:

Offline jlor

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 03:05:05 »
Hey guys,

just a little update for the EU / WORLDWIDE orders.

Although the springs are already in Germany, I didn't get a notification yet. I assume the package is still in Customs. Let's hope it won't take ages until they process the shipment.

As soon as I get them, I will post pictures and start sending out envelopes :)

Thanks! I've been wondering about the status. Darn it customs!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 11:00:23 »

EMS   to  Europa   -  1st Round Order

Passed the Customs?    Really Appreciate!   LechnerDE ! 

I sent the EMS Tracking No. to everyone last week. 

60163-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 April 2014, 07:32:34 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 20:12:53 »
One thing for EU/worldwide Proxy

LechnerDE will proxy the 1st Orders smoothly,   but he will be busy with his business trips from May ~ August.    ;)

We need another Voluteer Proxy Host for 2nd order.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 April 2014, 09:38:45 by sprit »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Re: (18K Gold Springs) - via Proxy : 62g Available! - 2nd Order closed
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 09:20:26 »
@Canadian Update

Sprit will be sending out the remaining orders on Friday. I should receive it by next week.  :)

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 11:35:45 »
Just got my springs! Thanks sprit and HPE1000! Everyone who comes in my office today is going to be confused by all the little baggies of gold springs on my desk :) I love it.

HPE1000, let me know if I had one of the orders with undercharged shipping, no reason you should have to cover that. Not sure if 11 sets qualifies as one of the massive orders or not :)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 11:40:56 »

@Canadian Update

Sprit will be sending out the remaining orders on Friday. I should receive it by next week.  :)

Oh I'm so excited :P
Everything is falling into place :P
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 11:51:09 »
Just got my springs! Thanks sprit and HPE1000! Everyone who comes in my office today is going to be confused by all the little baggies of gold springs on my desk :) I love it.

HPE1000, let me know if I had one of the orders with undercharged shipping, no reason you should have to cover that. Not sure if 11 sets qualifies as one of the massive orders or not :)

Glad they showed up so fast! :D

No, you don't need to be charged more, it's all good.  :thumb:

I need to get a spreadsheet made up after the 2nd round to figure out total cost of supplies and such, so I can see if I need to do some refunding(far more orders than initially anticipated). Or if people agreed, just let me donate the extra to GH or something. It wouldn't be much per person at all but it starts adding up obviously.

Offline QuadGMoto

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 11:51:20 »
And we have touchdown! My order has arrived. Thanks guys!  :thumb:

Offline abtrout

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 18:25:34 »
Got mine also. Thanks HPE and Sprit.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 19:13:18 »
Great packaging! Arrived safe and sound.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 19:14:32 »
got mine

obviously will have to do a full keyboard but these 68g feel to be exactly what i was looking for. i wish i had proper measurement tools but the 62g and 55g seem very similar to the korean 55g and 62g springs you get from originative.

Thanks Sprit and HPE for this painless group buy

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 20:39:51 »
got mine
Show Image

obviously will have to do a full keyboard but these 68g feel to be exactly what i was looking for. i wish i had proper measurement tools but the 62g and 55g seem very similar to the korean 55g and 62g springs you get from originative.

Thanks Sprit and HPE for this painless group buy

Relieved and Happy to see them arrived safe!     ;)
I am extreamly worried to ship the fragile springs Over-seas.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 April 2014, 20:44:35 by sprit »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 21:07:09 »
EMS is much more reliable and better value as compared to other postal services. Much better than Canada Post.

Thanks again Sprit for doing this!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 22:00:38 »
EMS is much more reliable and better value as compared to other postal services. Much better than Canada Post.

EMS is only a service that every postal service in the world agreed upon coordinating/accepting tracking #'s :)

Canada's "EMS" is just renamed to XPRESSPOST.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 22:12:09 »

EMS is only a service that every postal service in the world agreed upon coordinating/accepting tracking #'s :)

Canada's "EMS" is just renamed to XPRESSPOST.

But CP still sucks...the mailman decided to not leave a slip on my door because no one was home. How was I supposed to know if there is a package waiting for me if I didn't have the tracking number? On the website, it says a notice was left for me...but there isn't -___-. Uber unreliable...not the first time.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 22:12:42 »
Canada post is pretty worthless

My mom works there and can agree
I love Elzy

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 22:18:59 »
Maybe it's just the Ontario Canada Post.  :p My local letter/parcel mailmen knows me pretty well now and I have never had a problem with them.  :p

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 05:06:42 »
Maybe it's just the Ontario Canada Post.  :p My local letter/parcel mailmen knows me pretty well now and I have never had a problem with them.  :p

Agreed, I've had good experiences with CP.  My mail carrier knows me.
"Another package, keycaps?"

Offline zeroni13

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 06:00:21 »
I haven't gotten mine yet, is there any tracking number I can use to check where it is?
Phantom with Silver Vortex Case   Keychron Q6 Pro ISO Knob

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:12:48 »
I haven't gotten mine yet, is there any tracking number I can use to check where it is?

Hello!  zeroni !   :)
EU 1st Round EMS seems arrived at Proxy Host  LechnerDE yesterday.   ;)    http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1279167#msg1279167   
(I sent international EMS Tracking No. to everybody last week.)

I packed all orders in each Zip bag, but Re-packing and checking addresses, preparing to ship will be an huge job.
He will update soon!   ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:14:29 by sprit »

Offline zeroni13

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:29:19 »

Hello!  zeroni !   :)
EU 1st Round EMS seems arrived at Proxy Host  LechnerDE yesterday.   ;)    http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1279167#msg1279167   
(I sent international EMS Tracking No. to everybody last week.)

I packed all orders in each Zip bag, but Re-packing and checking addresses, preparing to ship will be an huge job.
He will update soon!   ;)
Haha I thought they were sent already because other people in the thread had gotten theirs, didn't occur to me that it was the other regions. I just got confused because I'm so excited. ^^
I guess we then get new tracking numbers when they ship from Germany.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:38:31 »

Yes!  zeroni!   ;) 

It seems they call this ' Proxy Shipping '.    This is actually my first international proxy shipping   :D
Many people working for this. 
I wish Your springs Fly high soon to the beautiful Oslo !
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:40:28 by sprit »

Offline zeroni13

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:43:04 »

I wish Your springs Fly high soon to the beautiful Oslo !

Great! I just hope they don't fly too high, maybe they can't get down. That would be really sad. 8D

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:43:40 »
Mine came in the mail this morning, but I had them shipped to my home rather than college =( Now I have to wait until tomorrow to run and pick them up before I can start my spring swaps =(
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:56:33 »
I am new to this GB, but, is it gonna be a 3rd round?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 11:51:42 »
Got my springs and everything looks good. Now to decide what to use 120g springs on  :eek:
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 11:53:28 »

What springs did you need?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 11:56:29 »

What springs did you need?

Interested in get some 62g.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 15:20:42 »
For those who received their springs, any evaluations of the springs itself? :D

Offline geniekid

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 16:15:24 »
Got my springs and everything looks good. Now to decide what to use 120g springs on  :eek:

A tiny trampoline?

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 16:46:00 »
For those who received their springs, any evaluations of the springs itself? :D
I have springs, but no switches. Some day I'll have a different keyboard and will be willing to consider disassembling my monoprice -- but for now, that's my only mechanical so ... yeah.

Anyway, springs look good. I look forward to putting them into switches.

Some day.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 17:25:34 »
Got my springs today. Thanks sprit and HPE1000!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."