Author Topic: Leopold FC660C  (Read 313762 times)

Offline Beanhead

Re: Leopold FC660C
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 15:19:17 »
Just switched from a V60 with Clears to an FC660C. This is so, so so much nicer.

Offline silaz

« Reply #601 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 19:11:59 »
There has been some discussion on the FC660C and some saying that the domes weren't all uniform. In my experience with two boards, the number row actuated at exactly 35 grams and the alphas and modifiers actuated at 55 grams. This was tested via nickels, assuming each weighed 5 grams. I would be interested to see if others who have an FC660C could also test this!

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #602 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:56:47 »
I want Leopold 660c , but layout is little bit hard , F1 row is gone !

Offline MJL

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 20:14:36 »

Still there, just need to use the number keys with the Fn key. Once mine arrives I'll be swapping the Fn and Windows keys so I can use the arrow keys as home/end/page up/page down without stressing the fingers on one hand.

Offline lanox

« Reply #604 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 17:13:13 »
I love the keyboard, but I still prefer to use my RF 55g I thin its the best keyboard by far for me.
I find leo to be little high of the table as well.

I got it last week I think I am going to be putting it on sale and getting another RF in white.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #605 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:32:36 »
Damnit, now I want one of these again :(

Offline Ordinary_Boy

• Simsalabim......
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:56:40 »
Ahh, one of my wishlist keyboard.  :-X
Damn, I want this one, but never realized it. ;D And now, I feel "hungry" for this again.  :eek:
~Brown Switch~Blue Switch~Red Switch~
| Poker 2 | Ducky Mini | Tesoro Durandal | Cooler Master Storm QF TK | Corsair K65 Non LED |

Offline legendami

« Reply #607 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 10:35:35 »

Still there, just need to use the number keys with the Fn key. Once mine arrives I'll be swapping the Fn and Windows keys so I can use the arrow keys as home/end/page up/page down without stressing the fingers on one hand.

Hey guys i'm new here. I got my FC660C about a month ago and i've been loving it ever since. I started out using it just for coding and work but ended up making it my main board... It's fair to say i stopped liking my other boards all together. The topre hype is real!!! I've been reading the same reports for FC660C about it not having uniform weight (silaz). I can confirm that my top row (number keys + ESC, not sure about backspace) are much lighter then the other keys. I've not been bothered by it at all, only recently started noticing the subtle difference. It might be a turnoff for others tho...

I've been looking to replace the topre sliders with MX compatible ones. The novatouch sliders are on CM's store but you can't buy them right now, only wishlist them. And i'm a little hesitant to buy the topre/mx sliders on Aliexpress. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also... has anyone made an ALU case for it yet? I saw the one on massdrop for the FC660M but that one won't fit on the FC660C since the port is in a different position.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #608 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:12:01 »
. . .
I've been looking to replace the topre sliders with MX compatible ones. The novatouch sliders are on CM's store but you can't buy them right now, only wishlist them. And i'm a little hesitant to buy the topre/mx sliders on Aliexpress. Does anyone have any suggestions?
. . .

I've read reports of the Aliexpress sliders being scratchier than stock.

Check out the JTK Sophomore GB in the Group Buys subforum. Topre to MX sliders are available there. I ordered a set for my FC660C, but they ship on Friday so I can't comment on how they feel.  They look shiny (smooth) in the pictures.

PM BunnyLake to buy a set if you're interested.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:22:02 by nsmechkb »

Offline legendami

« Reply #609 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:42:08 »

Check out the JTK Sophomore GB in the Group Buys subforum. Topre to MX sliders are available there. I ordered a set for my FC660C, but they ship on Friday so I can't comment on how they feel.  They look shiny (smooth) in the pictures.

Tnx nsmechkb, i'm waiting for a reply from bunny! I hope they have some left, they indeed look better than the those from aliexpress. How much did it cost you exactly?
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:46:33 by legendami »

Offline exdurisgloria

« Reply #610 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 06:55:01 »
Just got my FC660C two months ago, and I alternate between that and a HHKB. There are plenty of things to love about the FC660C, not least of which are the lovely plate mounted switches and the amazing dye sub PBT caps.

I was wondering though, have any of you tried switching out the stock spacebar for a PBT one, only to find that the PBT spacebar has an unbearably loud clack on the upstroke? It was so bad that I had to revert to the original!

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 06:32:48 »
Has anyone been able to hook up a teensy to this thing? I know matt3o tried a few years ago. Anything successful recently?

Offline Mavarina

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 08:52:43 »
Do any of you guys notice the rubber feet coming off easily? I've had 2 fc660c boards and the rubber feet keep coming off after some use.  :(

Offline intelli78

« Reply #613 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 18:32:18 »
Do any of you guys notice the rubber feet coming off easily? I've had 2 fc660c boards and the rubber feet keep coming off after some use.  :(

Yes. Superglue them back.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 18:37:04 »
who's this guy?!? ^^^^^ :p
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline intelli78

« Reply #615 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 18:39:49 »
 :p
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #616 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 18:12:43 »

I'm using fc660c. The feet is okay. Do you move your kb around?

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #617 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 17:56:40 »
. . .
. . .

Have you received your Topre to MX sliders?  If so how are they.  I recently received a FC660C and I'm rather curious how the sliders are.  That being said, to a degree it is a little silly since the keycaps that come with the board are pretty good to begin with.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 21:55:52 »
I'm interested in picking one of these up. Been sizing up an HHKB but these two come out to about the same price and I'm interested to hear what people have to say. If I'm not mistaken the Leopold is plate-mounted so the feel should be more similar to a RF than to an HHKB? The stubby rShift and the FN placement (ideally I'd like to swap rctrl and Fn) on this are the only things that are sort of pushing me away, cause I've gotten used to the poker's layout, but I'd have to get used to the placement of the Backspace (and also the stubby rshift as well) on the HHKB. My Realforce is still in the mail so I'm waiting to pull the trigger on this but I'd appreciate some insight on how it feels vs an HHKB/RF. Upside on the HHKB is that I could get it running TMK as well, but I realistically don't see me changing much of the Layer 0 layout as much as changing up the Fn layer, and I heard the media keys only work in mac?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 22:01:34 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline XG3njiX

« Reply #619 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:22:12 »
Thanks for your review! I'm considering between Lepold and Filco. It helps alot!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:04:28 »
I'm interested in picking one of these up. Been sizing up an HHKB but these two come out to about the same price and I'm interested to hear what people have to say. If I'm not mistaken the Leopold is plate-mounted so the feel should be more similar to a RF than to an HHKB? The stubby rShift and the FN placement (ideally I'd like to swap rctrl and Fn) on this are the only things that are sort of pushing me away, cause I've gotten used to the poker's layout, but I'd have to get used to the placement of the Backspace (and also the stubby rshift as well) on the HHKB. My Realforce is still in the mail so I'm waiting to pull the trigger on this but I'd appreciate some insight on how it feels vs an HHKB/RF. Upside on the HHKB is that I could get it running TMK as well, but I realistically don't see me changing much of the Layer 0 layout as much as changing up the Fn layer, and I heard the media keys only work in mac?

This thread compares RealForce with HHKB, might be of interest if you haven't seen it already.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #621 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 05:29:48 »
Has anyone been able to hook up a teensy to this thing? I know matt3o tried a few years ago. Anything successful recently?

i was just reading a post on DT called "Can we design the teensy alternative for keyboards?"

where user “derzemel” asked about if that particular controller could be used for the FC660C.

Matt3o answerd on “11-may-2016”;
theoretically, yes but the FC660C has not been fully reverse engineered yet

here’s the link page 10 of 23 as of this post.
https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/can-we-design-the-teensy-alternative-for-keyboards-t13662-270.html?hilit=FC660C

most of what is talked about here goes wel over my head.
i was just looking around for a teensy to put in both my FC660C and FC660M with mx-clears.

i guess the final answer is no , alas no teensy for us yet.
btw i emailed https://1upkeyboards.com a while back telling them i would be interested in buying two controllers for both my
FC660C/M models if they would ever consider making them  ;D

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 06:14:38 »

i was just reading a post on DT called "Can we design the teensy alternative for keyboards?"

where user “derzemel” asked about if that particular controller could be used for the FC660C.

Matt3o answerd on “11-may-2016”;
theoretically, yes but the FC660C has not been fully reverse engineered yet

here’s the link page 10 of 23 as of this post.
https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/can-we-design-the-teensy-alternative-for-keyboards-t13662-270.html?hilit=FC660C

most of what is talked about here goes wel over my head.
i was just looking around for a teensy to put in both my FC660C and FC660M with mx-clears.

i guess the final answer is no , alas no teensy for us yet.
btw i emailed https://1upkeyboards.com a while back telling them i would be interested in buying two controllers for both my
FC660C/M models if they would ever consider making them  ;D

Yup! Definitely seen that one... if I get a chance one of these days I'll try to reproduce what they did. Think I need an oscilloscope first though. What you could potentially do is jerryrig a soarers to run between keyboard and computer I think, but that's a dirtier way of solving the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #623 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 13:21:43 »
If I purchased the black 660c with the all gray pbt caps, would anyone be interested in swapping the white alphas off your white 660c? That would essentially swap the cap design on both boards.
keyboards.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #624 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:17:16 »
The FC660C was my first Topre board. I liked the solid feel, but at the time, there were no keycap options and I found the stock caps unattractive. I also didn't like the in-between form factor -- I favor 60%, TKL, or full-size, but not the various twilight-zone boards that fall in between these main types. Finally, I did not like the layout of the right half of the bottom row. I ended up giving the board away.

Since then, I've owned the RF87UB45, RF87UB55, Novatouch, and HHKB Pro 2. I've installed my Silencing Rings on all of them and lubed the stabilizers and switch rails with Superlube 51010. My favorite among these Topre-switch boards is the HHKB.

The HHKB has all the features I like: 60% form factor, HHKB layout, attractive styling, superb dye-sub PBT keycaps, and Topre switches. BTW, I put 55g domes in one of my HHKBs that I use at work, but I prefer the standard 45g domes.

Yes, the media keys on the HHKB only work on the Mac, but I do not really miss them -- I usually control the volume from the system tray icon using the mouse.

Another thing people often mention is that the switches in the HHKB are case-mounted rather than plate-mounted as in the RF87U or FC660C. I like the solid plate-mounted feel of the switches in the RF, NT, or FC660C, but I also like and prefer the springier feel of the case-mounted switches in the HHKB. The case-mounted switches in the HHKB seem to be more forgiving -- more flexible -- and less tiring than the harsher unyielding feel of the plate-mounted switches in the RF, NT, and FC660C boards.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #625 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:22:40 »
This thread compares RealForce with HHKB, might be of interest if you haven't seen it already.

The FC660C was my first Topre board. I liked the solid feel, but at the time, there were no keycap options and I found the stock caps unattractive. I also didn't like the in-between form factor -- I favor 60%, TKL, or full-size, but not the various twilight-zone boards that fall in between these main types. Finally, I did not like the layout of the right half of the bottom row. I ended up giving the board away.

Since then, I've owned the RF87UB45, RF87UB55, Novatouch, and HHKB Pro 2. I've installed my Silencing Rings on all of them and lubed the stabilizers and switch rails with Superlube 51010. My favorite among these Topre-switch boards is the HHKB.

The HHKB has all the features I like: 60% form factor, HHKB layout, attractive styling, superb dye-sub PBT keycaps, and Topre switches. BTW, I put 55g domes in one of my HHKBs that I use at work, but I prefer the standard 45g domes.

Yes, the media keys on the HHKB only work on the Mac, but I do not really miss them -- I usually control the volume from the system tray icon using the mouse.

Another thing people often mention is that the switches in the HHKB are case-mounted rather than plate-mounted as in the RF87U or FC660C. I like the solid plate-mounted feel of the switches in the RF, NT, or FC660C, but I also like and prefer the springier feel of the case-mounted switches in the HHKB. The case-mounted switches in the HHKB seem to be more forgiving -- more flexible -- and less tiring than the harsher unyielding feel of the plate-mounted switches in the RF, NT, and FC660C boards.
Thanks guys. I went ahead and got a Leopold because I heard they're really sturdy and I heard great things about the feel too. The backspace placement on the HHKB is what really kills it for me, I think. After getting the 660C though, I have to say, the build quality on the thing is supreme: It's dense, and has a great sound and feel. The feel is arguably better than the Realforce I think, it feels a little snappier but it's hard to put into words. I think I'm still inclined to test out an HHKB at some point though, it just felt a little too much to buy into blindly, personally. Only thing that's kind of strange is that it's off-white so the replacement spacebar I got doesn't quite fit but other than that it's pretty incredible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:24:26 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #626 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:06:05 »
If I purchased the black 660c with the all gray pbt caps, would anyone be interested in swapping the white alphas off your white 660c? That would essentially swap the cap design on both boards.

Might be better to open a WTT (want to trade) thread in classifieds.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #627 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 11:01:34 »
Has anyone bought an FC660C from the latest stock from mechanicalkeyboards.com?

Wondering if their stock has the light top row or not...
My FC660C from widebasket has the light top row :(

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 21:58:42 »

curious as well
keyboards.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #629 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 06:23:32 »

If you're referring to the white one, I bought one in white from mechanicalkeyboards.com on the 5th and the number row is all white sans the backspace and escape keys. 

Offline testplsignore

« Reply #630 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 06:44:19 »
I mean more in terms of the number keys feeling lighter than the alphas.

In some of the newer FC660Cs it seems as though there are 30g domes in the numrow and 45g in the rest of the board.

Does your numrow feel different to the rest of the keys?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline hking0036

« Reply #631 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 09:35:26 »
I mean more in terms of the number keys feeling lighter than the alphas.

In some of the newer FC660Cs it seems as though there are 30g domes in the numrow and 45g in the rest of the board.

Does your numrow feel different to the rest of the keys?
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding  :))
I'll let you know when I get the chance to check.

Edit: It feels the same as any of the other keys on mine. Serial number on mine is #001348.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:00:49 by hking0036 »

Offline Frenky

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 02:39:44 »
I got my 660c finally this friday, it's lovely! One of the first things my girlfriend noticed is how much quieter it is than my mx red board.  :thumb:

Now I just need another one so I can keep one at home and one at work!  ;D

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #633 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 00:46:00 »
Been lurking lately, but am happy to say that I've finally gotten a fc660c! I've tried the pre-dye-sub version and didn't like the feel, but the dye sub version was fantastic. Adding a towel/keyboard pad below the keyboard helped a lot with the bottoming down against the metal plate too.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 02:30:28 »
Wish I could find the "black" FC660C somewhere for purchase ... The grey is cool but the black looks so much better.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline zslane

« Reply #635 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 10:12:36 »
Has anyone ever tried putting Topre Hi-Pro keycaps on an FC660C?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #636 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 07:53:23 »
Wish I could find the "black" FC660C somewhere for purchase ... The grey is cool but the black looks so much better.

The keycaps on the new versions are a lot nicer and make a difference while typing.
keyboards.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #637 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 09:30:44 »

The keycaps on the new versions are a lot nicer and make a difference while typing.

Well, I could keep the caps I have or go to white and put them on the black body...
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline mr_tofu

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 04:17:29 »
Hi everyone,

I've had this board for about a week, its my first topre board and i couldn't be happier. I'd like to customise it a bit with some different color keycaps. Anyone know which ones would fit? Thanks

Offline hking0036

« Reply #639 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 06:11:59 »
It probably wouldn't go over well because of the bottom row, I think it would look and feel kind of gross to have a mish-mash of topre's standard profile and hi-pro at the same time.

Hi everyone,

I've had this board for about a week, its my first topre board and i couldn't be happier. I'd like to customise it a bit with some different color keycaps. Anyone know which ones would fit? Thanks
Any topre caps will fit but the 660c has a different bottom row than any original topre boards so it can't be changed. The profile of realforce caps is about the same as it is on the 660c so you can get some of those, but for the cost I don't know if that's worth it, really.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 February 2017, 06:13:38 by hking0036 »

Offline zslane

« Reply #640 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 12:11:36 »
It probably wouldn't go over well because of the bottom row, I think it would look and feel kind of gross to have a mish-mash of topre's standard profile and hi-pro at the same time.

Yeah, I agree it would look a little funny. But since I don't use the bottom row modifiers very often, I doubt I would notice it when actually typing on the board. I'm just wondering if there is anything that prevents Hi-Pro keycaps from fitting and working properly with standard (i.e., non-Hi-Pro) switch housings.

Besides, sub-full-size boards with ugly mish-mashes of keycap colors, profiles, and artisans seem to be the norm around here.

Offline testplsignore

« Reply #641 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 09:57:23 »
I believe you can put hi-pro caps on any topre board, but you can't put normal topre caps onto a hipro board.

Offline xiaoxuesheng

« Reply #642 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 09:49:08 »
GOOD~ Good keyboardGOOD~ Good keyboardGOOD~ Good keyboard

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #643 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:31:32 »
I purchased the white fc660c from the latest restock at mechanicalkeyboards.com.  The num row is indeed uniform weight with the rest of the keys.
keyboards.

Offline zutroy

« Reply #644 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 14:17:25 »
Could anyone provide some guidance with drilling holes in stabilized key housings (shifts, backspace, enter) to fit JTK's MX sliders? I know it seems pretty self explanatory (place drill on plastic, press button, drill...), but I'm a bit nervous about doing a permanent/brute force kind of mod on such an expensive board. Any tips, tutorial posts, or videos out there?

Also, is it generally agreed that drilling into the stabilizer housing to make room for the extra posts on MX caps is the best option? Or has anyone decided to just snip off the left and right stems on their MX caps instead of drilling?

I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't managed to find anything. Thanks ;D

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #645 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 16:10:11 »
Drilling is better if you're using nice caps. If you don't care about the caps, snip away. Use a center punch to create a mark where you want to drill, then drill with a very small bit. Easier to control and stay on center. Then go bigger and bigger until you're at the desired size.
keyboards.

Offline zutroy

« Reply #646 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 19:11:45 »
Drilling is better if you're using nice caps. If you don't care about the caps, snip away. Use a center punch to create a mark where you want to drill, then drill with a very small bit. Easier to control and stay on center. Then go bigger and bigger until you're at the desired size.

Thanks! This was exactly the kind of advice/tip I was looking for. Just a simple method to get the job done.

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #647 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 15:30:01 »
I purchased the white fc660c from the latest restock at mechanicalkeyboards.com.  The num row is indeed uniform weight with the rest of the keys.
I did as well (got a white one) and I concur on your findings.

That said, I really, really like my FC660C but I cannot say that I am in love. I bought a HHKB at the same time and that felt more natural to me... especially the new location of the backspace. I also found out that I like the location of the function key on the HHKB better than the FC660C. Lastly, I agree with Hypershpere's comments about the metal plate being not as giving. The FC660C is top notch quality but I find the HHKB a little more lively to type on.

Again, I really, really like the FC660C, I would just give a slight edge to the HHKB.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 07:45:49 »
I'm the opposite. I also have an hhkb but I had to silence and lube it because I literally couldn't stand the upstroke noise in stock form. The fc660c sounds better to me, I like the heavier feeling domes, it's more tactile for sure, it's snappier feeling, and overall more solid. I love both but prefer the the Leo
keyboards.

Offline varmemester

« Reply #649 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 15:02:35 »
Anyone tried Topre to MX adaptors like these:
http://s.aliexpress.com/67JjUFbA