Author Topic: [CTRL]ALT Blog  (Read 189609 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[CTRL]ALT Blog
« on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:28:57 »

http://blog.ctrlalt.io/

Welcome to the official thread for the [CTRL]ALT blog. ;D 

I'll be posting any and all updates related to the blog here.  In addition, contests will be announced here as well.  If you have any suggestions or content that you'd like to see, go ahead and let me know below.  I will also be asking for volunteers from time to time to be interviewed or perhaps to write a special entry. :thumb: 

For those that have been inquiring about subscribing to the blog, Cody is working on a system for that and it should be done shortly.  Thanks for all your interest. :-*

Updates

Nothing, at the moment.

Coming Up

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 23:57:37 by Sent »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [CTRL]ALT Blog
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:43:38 »
I will also be asking for volunteers

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:55:41 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:57:36 »
Show Image

You should write an entry on how you're a spoiled brat who snagged two Kult Kaps.  :))
 :mad:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:03:30 »
Show Image

You should write an entry on how you're a spoiled brat who snagged two Kult Kaps.  :))
 :mad:

:triangle:
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:06:43 »
I shall add both of you to the list.  I'd really love for some newer people to speak up.  I talk to you guys too much as it is.  Bring on the fresh perspectives!

Offline Moralless

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:16:34 »
I shall add both of you to the list.  I'd really love for some newer people to speak up.  I talk to you guys too much as it is.  Bring on the fresh perspectives!

I'll be up for it!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:19:25 »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:21:19 »
I'm pretty new here!!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:23:28 »
I would love to do something...
Although I feel as though my input wouldn't be all that interesting unless I did a collaboration of writing with someone else.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:25:09 »
Great first entries! I enjoyed reading them.

Can't wait for more :)
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:28:40 »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:29:16 »
I'm pretty new here!!

Do an editorial on what it's like to run a GB!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:43:50 »
Something simple like RSS might suffice to advertise new content (if people still use RSS, that is).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:27:03 »
First post updated with a link to contest information.  Who wants to win some swag?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:33:37 »
This is very cool! that "Twas the Night Before Christmas" was impressively written and long!
I will also volunteer but i'm pretty new so i'm not sure how much help or interesting that'd be
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:35:17 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:36:49 »
For the people that may be worried that you're too new, that's exactly why I want to interview you guys!  Everyone has opinions and their own perspective on the same topics.  I want to hear what you guys think and feel, too!  Everyone is interesting. :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:37:26 »
Contest sounds pretty fun. I may try to stage a photo if I have some time :)

Offline GSimon

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 21:29:21 »
I'd be up to volunteer for stuff like interviews :D

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 02:39:09 »
Kind of new around here , I'm available.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 02:41:23 »
Happy to help if needed.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 03:26:13 »
I want to pitch an idea to consider for content or interview topics: what and how members here got into the keyboard world. Im sure everyone has different reasons/stories of how they came their first specialty keyboard. Since this is such a niche community of people enthusiastic about keyboards, itll be interesting to see what started it all for them. Whether it be work, hobby, health or other reasons we would be able to have a glance what drove people here. Some will be straight forward and some will be passionate. Whatever the reason, itll still be insightful among fellow hobbyists to see the root of this community.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 07:17:54 »
make more blog posts.

:)

I don't volunteer either. But I'm real shocked you knew what a "Renault clio sport" was :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 December 2014, 07:43:46 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 08:03:41 »
I'm real shocked you knew what a "Renault clio sport" was :D

I know what that is too :|

it's small and french

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 08:11:43 »
and here's me thinking you guys over the pond only know about big cars that don't turn round corners.

:D
I got boards.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:11:03 »
cant wait to see some of the giveaway entries
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:32:55 »
Me, me, pick me.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:40:45 »
Just read the last two posts, son, you got talent.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 14:20:59 »
I want to pitch an idea to consider for content or interview topics: what and how members here got into the keyboard world. Im sure everyone has different reasons/stories of how they came their first specialty keyboard. Since this is such a niche community of people enthusiastic about keyboards, itll be interesting to see what started it all for them. Whether it be work, hobby, health or other reasons we would be able to have a glance what drove people here. Some will be straight forward and some will be passionate. Whatever the reason, itll still be insightful among fellow hobbyists to see the root of this community.

This was definitely one of the questions I had in mind for the interviews. :thumb:  Thanks for the input.

Let's see some entries for this contest!  Unless...nobody wants the mystery Bromas swag. :eek:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 14:39:04 »

This was definitely one of the questions I had in mind for the interviews. :thumb:  Thanks for the input.

Let's see some entries for this contest!  Unless...nobody wants the mystery Bromas swag. :eek:

Well my potato is broken so I have no chance....

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:28:35 »

:|

let me find my christmas lights

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:29:47 »

Let me get off work first.  :(

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:36:07 »
Lmao I have no idea what bunny looks like but I imagine he'd look comically out of place in a Clio xD

So many giveaways. I'll get an entry together for Saturday for sure
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:37:51 »
Lmao I have no idea what bunny looks like but I imagine he'd look comically out of place in a Clio xD

So many giveaways. I'll get an entry together for Saturday for sure
he got dem tats. I mean tattoos...

Also I can get interviewed too but I don't really see the point of interviewing me  :))
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:40:52 »
Ignore awkward fist, did not realize my phone's selfiecam has such a wide angle

Here is me, my RF, and some Christmas lights

if I win I'm gonna be so mad. This is so ****.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:52:17 »
It's ok.  I can't even see your awkward fist on my screen. :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 19:15:51 »
It's ok.  I can't even see your awkward fist on my screen. :))

You're not missing much.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 22:29:44 »
Ask for ridiculous and you shall receive! The hardest part of this was getting my feet in stockings.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 23:47:06 »
Nice one JQ! Commenting to remind myself to enter!

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:04:24 »
Ask for ridiculous and you shall receive! The hardest part of this was getting my feet in stockings.

(Attachment Link)

Thats hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh  :))
I cant wait to see more.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:31:45 »
Now, that's what I'm talking about Joey.  Good man. :thumb:  Loving the ****ing festive swag.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 20:28:31 »

(Attachment Link)

You be jacking my swag with that sweater.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 22:40:40 »
This needs more submissions. :(  Where's the holiday spirit? :eek:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 22:47:50 »
This needs more submissions. :(  Where's the holiday spirit? :eek:

a) my potato is broken
b) all you would get from me are nudes.  :-*

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 00:11:04 »

(Attachment Link)

You be jacking my swag with that sweater.

:)) :)) Come and fight me m8!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 04:18:19 »

(Attachment Link)

The bar has been set too damn high.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 19:06:11 »
Sent I win. Send me that prize now.

Shoutout to infiniti for the greatest Christmas tree ever.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 19:19:07 »
NOBODY ELSE SUBMIT

garuentees me and CPT winning

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 22:48:33 »
NOBODY ELSE SUBMIT

garuentees me and CPT winning

BRO, did you not see Joey Quinn's submission?  That's cold.

Also, I will be submitting SoonTM

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 06:50:17 »
'glad you got the tree up Captain! :thumb:

Now for my entry...

P.S. The inflatable Santa on the far right suffers from inflatile dysfunction.