Author Topic: [GB] [SHIPPED] Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps ISO+ANSI (UK BASED) - FINISHED!  (Read 9709 times)

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
Group buy for:

Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps
ISO + ANSI layout (A full ANSI layout with the 8 extra ISO keys to make an ISO layout if you choose)
Orange and Black colour scheme (Yes this is just for one colour)

Hi, I'm a relatively active user over on r/MK but I thought I would make an account and post here too

This is a UK based GB, with free shipping for my fellow Britons, ran through my webstore UKKeycaps - This GB is to help out those with ISO boards who hate the lack of keysets

Please read thoroughly the info page linked on the product page before purchasing

As far as I'm aware this is one of the first opportunities to buy Tai Hao PBT doubleshots in ISO

This GB covers both layouts as it is ISO + ANSI keys (or the other way around if you prefer to think of it that way)

There is extra key sets available to suit those with non-standard layouts

Included in this GB is the keyset / a wire keypuller / plastic keypuller / some bonus free keys

The price is £32 for the standard keyset and £36 for the keyset with the extra keys - shipping is free to UK buyers - shipping is £8 for EU buyers

Follow the UKKeycaps Facebook page for updates, I'll also be posting updates for the GB here and on Reddit/Deskthority as well

The GB will run for around 2 weeks, with perhaps a week extension if the set is selling well near the end of the GB. There is no certain deadline for orders yet but expect it to be no more than 3 weeks from this post.

The majority of the information for the GB is on the linked GB info page on my store

Link to purchase the keyset

UPDATE #1 (14/07/15)

1 week into the GB and it's going well. I have taken the decision to drastically lower the MOQ as I really don't want to disappoint people if it's not reached. I have lowered the MOQ by 10 units to 25. This means we are only 8 sales away from reaching MOQ.
So! if you know ANYONE that might be interested in some ISO PBT, let them know about this and we should hit MOQ no problems.
Also - Taking into account this new MOQ, I have decided a set end time for this GB. 27/07/15 (2 weeks from now).

UPDATE #2 (21/07/15)

1 week until the GB deadline! 5 Orders to reach MOQ!

For those considering purchasing 2 sets, to either sell after the GB ends or for 2 boards, I can offer a small shipping refund of £3 if you do end up doing so. If you feel inclined to buy 3 sets I will give a discount of £7 and throw in 150 black o-rings as well.

Not much else to add at this time, 1 week left, 5 orders to go!

UPDATE #3 (25/07/15)

MOQ has been reached! We're good to go, I'll make the order with Tai Hao monday night once it has passed 11pm, thanks to everyone for making this happen :D

UPDATE #4 (27/07/15)

The group buy has now closed! I will contact Tai Hao to sort out payment tonight

UPDATE #5 (28/07/15)

I've actually decided to keep the GB order page open whilst the keys are being manufactured, this is due to me buying more sets than were ordered to meet the companies MOQ (I set a lower MOQ independently as I was happy to have some left over). There is a limited number of these left over sets :P

UPDATE #6 (04/08/15)

Tai Hao have informed me that "delivery will be on or before august 21st". I'm unsure if that's when the items will be shipped out from Taiwan or will be arriving in the UK, but that's the ballpark currently. Also there's only 1 leftover set remaining!

UPDATE #7 (20/08/15)

The companies representative has let me know that the keysets will be shipped to me tomorrow (21/08/15) and has sent me some images of the finished sets. The ETA for people in the UK getting there sets is around 10-15 days from now, depending on how long shipment to the UK takes. Here are the images:

UPDATE #8 (27/08/15)

25 of the keysets have been shipped, the remaining 15 will be shipped tomorrow, thanks for taking part!

An interest check for the rest of the Tai Hao PBT range in ANSI and ISO will be posted tonight!
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2015, 11:52:18 by UKKeycaps »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps ISO+ANSI (UK BASED)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:37:05 »
Approval bump!

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
Re: [GB] Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps ISO+ANSI (UK BASED)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:30:02 »
Thanks Hoff!

I've added the updates to the main post - main point being the GB ends a week from now! 5 more sets to hit the MOQ!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: [GB] [OPEN] Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps ISO+ANSI (UK BASED) [OPEN]
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:40:25 »
Nearly two weeks waiting for approval?  This definitely deserve a bump!

I really don't need another keyset, but... it's orange! :-X
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline vitaLee

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:16:06 »
Can you confirm the ISO enter is not the big-ass one pictured here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66824.0 ?
Also is there a way to get a photo of the actual ISO set?

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:56:23 »
Nearly two weeks waiting for approval?  This definitely deserve a bump!

I really don't need another keyset, but... it's orange! :-X

Thanks, I won't tell your SO if you are tempted to join :D

Can you confirm the ISO enter is not the big-ass one pictured here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66824.0 ?
Also is there a way to get a photo of the actual ISO set?

These sets are being manufactured for this GB and so not pictures of the actual ISO-UK keys are available. My entire correspondence with the company has been based around ISO-UK keys, and so it's unlikely there is any confusion. The enter you linked to is a big-ass Asian enter. Here is an image a user posted on the interest check thread on Reddit of his ISO-DE set (no idea how/when he got these, but they're definitely Tai Hao PBTs)

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:03:42 by UKKeycaps »

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 18:09:50 »
4 days left!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:59:20 »
Question - what time on the 27th will this end? That's my pay day you see!

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:23:09 »
Question - what time on the 27th will this end? That's my pay day you see!

11pm :D

Offline matdasly

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 11:11:09 »
First post, i too came from the reddit. Ordered mine today and there were only 2 more needed, i hope this one goes through.   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 04:05:14 »
Just wondering whether this thread should be moved to your new vendor forum, especially as the GB is running through your site.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 07:51:28 »
Just wondering whether this thread should be moved to your new vendor forum, especially as the GB is running through your site.

I don't mind, I'll leave it upto the mods :D

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 17:58:40 »
MOQ is now reached! So the GB has the go-ahead! Only a day left and then I'll make the order with Tai Hao  :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:51:43 »

It was decided that since this fits the "spirit" of group buys (bringing us something we otherwise wouldn't have the buying power to do, as well as giving volume discounts), it's okay to run in the group buy subforum.  You'll notice things shifting this direction lately, with a split where some will still be run in the Vendor forum while some are allowed here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] [CLOSED] Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Keycaps ISO+ANSI (UK BASED)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 15:12:47 »

It was decided that since this fits the "spirit" of group buys (bringing us something we otherwise wouldn't have the buying power to do, as well as giving volume discounts), it's okay to run in the group buy subforum.  You'll notice things shifting this direction lately, with a split where some will still be run in the Vendor forum while some are allowed here.

Fair enough ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hudson0804

Question - Apologies for my lack of knowledge but i assume that this set will fit a ducky shine 3 without issue.  Also just noted... have i missed the boat on this?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Question - Apologies for my lack of knowledge but i assume that this set will fit a ducky shine 3 without issue.  Also just noted... have i missed the boat on this?

If you read update #5 in the opening post, he says he lowered the MOQ to make sure it was reached by buying a bunch of sets himself, which I assume he'd be selling off if he can.

Offline hudson0804

If you read update #5 in the opening post, he says he lowered the MOQ to make sure it was reached by buying a bunch of sets himself, which I assume he'd be selling off if he can.

Just spotted that after re-reading .  Thank you for the heads up.

Offline mrksprvn

Apart from the stepped caps lock, this set would fit a G80-3000, right?

Offline Tachi

Got my set today! Brilliantly packaged with no damage to any of the keys. Shall post a picture in the post thread later. Just need PCB stabs for my build now :( too hard to find haha.