Author Topic: [GB] GMK Yugo | Completed  (Read 181725 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | GB closed
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 11:38:30 »
Zastava and numpad confirmed dead, unless someone wants to buy like 40 zastava kits. Sad, it added a lot of character to the set imo. :/ with that out of the way though, we can move forwards.

Edit: Added pricing and orders without extras
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2023, 17:17:16 by dvorcol »

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 15:39:46 »
Damn, even less than numpad.

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 18:47:59 »
Really hoping for Zastava to make it...

Offline sent-by-an-iPerson

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 23:20:24 »
I will follow Zastava up this coming week and let you know ASAP, but it's grim.
Consider numpad kit dead.

Really, 20 of us can't buy 2 numpads each? I'd be willing to to get it made.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 18:20:10 »
Zastava and numpad confirmed dead, unless someone wants to buy like 40 zastava kits. Sad, it added a lot of character to the set imo. :/ with that out of the way though, we can move forwards.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 18:50:53 »
Oh, I almost forgot-

Doesn't crease when bent

Kono's photos

Arriving at warehouse for NA soon, should be shipped out to you soonTM. Other regions will follow. :)

Offline Sonikbotnik

• Formerly zorodude
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 11:27:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap, this thing is happening? The Base kit made it? I was getting ready to start looking for some other kit, as this would be my first GMK set. Super momci.

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 11:42:29 »
It is really awesome the turnaround this had, and if it did so because of the community members decided to pitch in so that it wouldn't die, that is such a great group effort. I wanted to buy a kit or two if I had the free cash, but I don't right now. Maybe the Zastava kit later down the line? I could see it doing well once everyone has their kit.

Offline darko

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 11:46:42 »
thanks for all your support! I'm very excited that this actually made it and I'm very thankful for everybody that made it possible!

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 05:29:11 »
Once this set hits reddit and instagram, I'm sure that it will become more popular. If that happens, would it be possible for Zastava as a stand alone kit to make a come back?

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 06:34:31 »
Once this set hits reddit and instagram, I'm sure that it will become more popular. If that happens, would it be possible for Zastava as a stand alone kit to make a come back?

Don't think so, only in R2, I guess.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 07:59:20 »

That will be difficult, as only ~150 people will own the set and have a use for it and thus be the only ones to want to buy it. This buy, it was open to anyone to grab the base and zastava, so even further reducing the number of potential buyers will most likely result in a failed GB.

Offline farmisen

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 08:54:51 »

That will be difficult, as only ~150 people will own the set and have a use for it and thus be the only ones to want to buy it. This buy, it was open to anyone to grab the base and zastava, so even further reducing the number of potential buyers will most likely result in a failed GB.

Might very much also interest the people who are going to get the upcoming GMK Perestroika - if it makes it. That being said, between Yugo, Copper and KAM Wraith I have dented my 2020 budget way more than expected and won't be able to afford anything else for a while.

Offline NitPik

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 09:49:51 »
wow im glad you guys could pull together and get base through. thats actually super impressive

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | GB closed, MOQ reached
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 13:10:09 »
Don't message me about Yugo, I no longer want to involve myself with it.

Set is being made, and I trust konstantin(constexpr) and/or spakecdk will do a good job color matching so there's no reason for anyone to worry. :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 13:27:34 »
Meh, drama :/ Regardless of what happened, thank you for your contributions Emir, Yugo wouldn't be the same without you.

<3

Offline udller

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 19:42:02 »
just realised this is the only set with kits that ive recently bought that has the extra b in.

now im way more excited ")

Offline enuyama

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 03:14:51 »
any update? will ship until march?

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 05:14:32 »

Can you even read the OP? It's right there:

Shipping is expected to start in May 2020.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 07:47:31 »

Can you even read the OP? It's right there:

Shipping is expected to start in May 2020.

Hey, that bit of information was last updated when we first got word from GMK that there would be a delay. Since then, there have unfortunately been several more delays, not just with Yugo, but with all GMK sets currently in the pipeline. Due to how busy GMK is and the COVID-19 situation, it is difficult to give a hard estimate when the set will ship at this point.

Not everything is looking grim, though; things are moving at a slow, but steady pace. We are expecting to receive the first round of color samples from GMK soon. We're hoping the COVID-19 situation doesn't escalate and hinder progress further, since GMK is already working at a reduced capacity due to the virus. Our hearts go out to all of those affected.

I will update the OP with the latest information we have.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 March 2020, 08:42:24 by constexpr »

Offline udller

Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | Awaiting color samples
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 12:04:25 »
have the first round of colours been received yet? sorry I know there is massive delays with everything.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 06:17:10 »
have the first round of colours been received yet? sorry I know there is massive delays with everything.

Hey, we haven't received the samples yet. We'll ask GMK for an update. Unfortunately, back and forth communication with them has been taking longer than expected. Please bear with us. We'll let you guys know as soon as we have some news.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:47:52 »
Hey everyone! Quick update.

First off, thank you all for your patience. We've received the first round of color samples. Jaka (spakecdk), who is the first team member to get the samples, will be taking photos in the coming days, sharing his thoughts on the colors with the rest of the team, and then forwarding the samples to the rest of us so we can view them in person.

In other news, communication with GMK has finally picked up, and we've been going back and forth with them behind the scenes over some of the details of the set's legends; namely, the YU alphas, System legend and the spacebar stripes. We want to make sure we get these 100% right.

Offline sartarelli

Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | R1 color samples received
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:55:31 »
That's great! Hopefully the colours are how it should be. What does that mean in regards of timeline? Will it be done around the same time as other GB's which were running in parallel?

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 11:12:49 »
Color samples are currently getting color-matched IRL

More pics and info soontm

Offline GMK_Andy

• * Vendor
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:42:23 »
Always happy to see cream sets! Great color selection for sure, huge fan. :thumb:

Offline jonowarren94

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 09:51:12 »
Dont worry about the delay guys, everything is slowing down, so long as everyone is staying safe.

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 11:10:17 »
Really sad Zastava didn't make it. Such a unique kit.
Also, are there any pictures of the received color samples you guys can post or an update?
Thanks!

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 08:11:37 »
Really sad Zastava didn't make it. Such a unique kit.
Also, are there any pictures of the received color samples you guys can post or an update?
Thanks!

there are some pics from one of out team members, they're on the way to other team members atm and should come very soon. When we all see them in person we will post pics and let you all know and shof results. Thank you all for waiting. It's waiting strugle and everything takes really long time. Hope we new news and pics of samples soon. Stay safe.

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:08:10 »
So, after some delays, we are proud to share some pictures of color sampling :)

p.s. sorry for the dust :-X

I can say that we are in general very satisfied with the colors received! Still waiting for couple of members to receive their samples and then we will do a "council" for the next step.

Would very much appreciate also your feedback on the samples  :thumb:

I hope you like them!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:21:15 by keyberzerker »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | R1 color sample pics
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:19:17 »
Wow Adro, buying a car for color matching, now that's dedication! :eek:
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:42:14 by konstantin »

Offline darko

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:23:36 »
he'll just flip it for profit after this set hits the shelf  :rolleyes:

Offline Sonikbotnik

• Formerly zorodude
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 14:02:08 »
Just want to say, for a while I was skeptical if I made the right choice with this being my first GMK set, but those colours look pretty damn good. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 15:01:07 »
Awesome colors!!! You took color matching to the whole new level  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you for the update!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 18:46:25 by Lazy_Borzoi »

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:37:43 »
Looks good, I'm not sure but the yellow looks a bit light as compared to the car but then again I can't see it in real life.

Offline darko

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 04:01:43 »
Looks good, I'm not sure but the yellow looks a bit light as compared to the car but then again I can't see it in real life.

it is a little bit different, there is no arguing there, but we took colors for this set from a photo of brand new Yugo sport, so you can't actually compare that with 30+ years old color on the car that Adrian has parked in front of his house. We're happy how it turned out but are still waiting for some other members to confirm if they're ok with the color.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 04:59:43 »
The yellow color of the sample is a little brighter than I thought.
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 21:25:40 »
Assuming all of you give your blessings to the color samples, can you give us an estimate on when you think these will be produced?

Offline sartarelli

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 06:21:55 »
Same question from me, I asked few posts before, how does the colour sampling much later than some other GBs which ran at the same time affect the timelines. Of course yhere sre delays, but some approximation can be made.

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 10:24:02 »
Hi, the colour sampling took long because GMK shipped them to me just last month (first half of May, not sure what took them so long), and I distributed the samples among the team members, and my post office took their sweet time. It is almost sorted though, we are waiting for the last person to receive them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2020, 10:40:14 by spakecdk »

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 14:46:54 »
Hi, the colour sampling took long because GMK shipped them to me just last month (first half of May, not sure what took them so long), and I distributed the samples among the team members, and my post office took their sweet time. It is almost sorted though, we are waiting for the last person to receive them.

We get why there are delays, in fact I'm personally fine with the delay. We just wanted to see if you could give us an estimate for when you think this will be produced?

Offline elvisjackson

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 10:28:41 »
how´s the colour sampling going? i´m a litte confused why you guy´s decided to go with such a light colour when every foto you posted earlier in the thread looks way more yellow.

Offline udller

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 08:54:49 »
those samples do look a tad bit more pale than what the renders look to be showing. ie more yellows

Offline sartarelli

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 09:09:44 »
I'm sure that they will match it better! Just some update on timeline would be great, if the prolonged colour matching means that this will go to GMK queue much later or it's still similar to the other GB's which finished around the same time.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | Color samples update
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 01:09:22 »
We get why there are delays, in fact I'm personally fine with the delay. We just wanted to see if you could give us an estimate for when you think this will be produced?
how´s the colour sampling going? i´m a litte confused why you guy´s decided to go with such a light colour when every foto you posted earlier in the thread looks way more yellow.
I'm sure that they will match it better! Just some update on timeline would be great, if the prolonged colour matching means that this will go to GMK queue much later or it's still similar to the other GB's which finished around the same time.

First off, thanks everyone again for your patience, you guys are awesome 🙏

My samples finally arrived a few weeks ago, and since then we have been discussing them internally, as well as communicating with GMK to see what our options are moving forward.

One thing is for sure, and that's that the red is gorgeous. GMK was able to match the color we picked spot on, and all of us are happy with how the samples look in real life, so we've gone ahead and approved that color for production.

The yellow is a bit more complicated. Being one of the defining features of this set, it is very important to us that we get this color right. Essentially, we all agreed that the color of the samples we received was 90% of the way there, matching both the renders and the initial Yugo GV inspiration well, and also looking good paired with the red in different lighting conditions. However, it's still a bit off. To me it looks fine indoors, nice and yellowy and creamy, but in natural light it has a bit of a greenish tinge and isn't as great of a match. Overall I would say that it is indeed a bit on the greenish side, and also a tad brighter than it should be.
Comparing the samples to our RAL chips, it isn't a 100% exact match (unlike the red), and here we also notice that it's a bit greener and very slightly more saturated.

At this point, we had two choices: call it good enough, proceed with this color and not risk further delays; or reevaluate and try to get a better match.
(In the meantime we actually managed to track down the original spraypaint color that was used for the Yugo GV and offered to have it shipped to GMK to attempt color matching, but they politely declined, informing us that matching plastic based on spraypaint “can technically not be matched, not be done.”)
More importantly, they got back to us letting us know how long it would take them (i.e. their plastic supplier) to produce another round of samples: 4 weeks. We had a meeting, we discussed, and we agreed that going the extra mile would be worth it for the final product. We apologize for this additional delay, but in doing this we feel confident knowing that we will have done everything we can to ensure that you guys get a keyset you will love.

This is why we have decided to go to R2 of color matching for just the yellow/cream color.
We have asked GMK to attempt to match the original color again, pointing out the issues with the current samples.
We have also asked for samples of two additional, similar colors in order to help ensure a successful match.
Once we receive the new samples, we will be choosing the final yellow/cream color, and the GB will be moving into the production phase.

Now to address the second topic: production timeline. GMK is still heavily backlogged, but they are trying to catch up. According to our vendor, they've been having periods of apparent inactivity, followed by shipping out multiple sets in a week. My impression is that they've been trying to squeeze stuff in where they can in order to make up for lost time. There have been several-week–long communication delays throughout, which has been felt by all GBs and sets currently in IC. Given this apparently hectic nature of their production timeline, it is currently very hard for us to give any sort of estimate as to when GMK Yugo production may be completed. This situation is (un)fortunately unprecedented, and there aren't really any previous sets' experiences to go off. However, as I said, GMK is catching up, and we have been told that things may start moving faster in the near future.

Thank you all once again for your support and your patience 🙏

tl;dr: Red samples approved. Yellow/cream going to R2, ETA: 4 weeks. After that, production. Currently difficult to predict when production will complete. Read above for details :​)
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2020, 02:23:23 by konstantin »

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 04:02:39 »
Absolutely understandable.
After all that struggle to get the set made I'm sure that everyone in GB would like a perfect match, no matter the time.

Offline sartarelli

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 04:09:12 »
Few months more wait don't matter true, I'm glad you take this approach to make the set how you imagined from the beginning. There were too many sets where GB runners matched the colours poorly, resulting in undesirable set in comparison to renders.

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 20:23:56 »
Thank you for going the extra mile, personally I'd rather wait to get the keyset in its best possible form :)

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:14:47 »

This is why we have decided to go to R2 of color matching for just the yellow/cream color.

tl;dr: Red samples approved. Yellow/cream going to R2, ETA: 4 weeks. After that, production. Currently difficult to predict when production will complete. Read above for details :​)

Thank you so much for such a detailed update. I think you made the right decisions as getting the right color is more important than having keycaps in hand. I stand by your decision and hoping R2 colormatching will be spot on.
Thanks again!

Offline xoxotus

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 21:38:59 »
Will there be extras? I'm really bummed I missed this.