Author Topic: [GB] Moon TKL v2  (Read 292797 times)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] Moon TKL v2
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 19:03:30 »
An instant? This is several seasons of sh*t tier communication at a time when “the boards are XYZ location and I can’t get there because of Covid” is a valid excuse and takes 10 seconds to type. Less than two minutes  of updates in 2022 would probably be enough and this person doesn’t care enough to do it.

Offline idiot

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 22:17:12 »
praying this groupbuy goes through

Offline CavemanLeFancy33

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 00:33:45 »
If this runs id certainly buy in.

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 10:25:44 »
Has anyone had success with doing a chargeback with their credit card on something from 1.5-2 years ago? One of my online friends was able to with AMEX with a Singlepower headphone amp if any old school Headfi'ers remember that disaster.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 21:47:15 »
I am not so sure what exactly happened to this GB, but I am certainly starting to get worried, especially after seeing Rukia R2...

Something doesn't seem right about this one. The boards are definitely there based on the photo provided.
Okonomiyaki is located in Singapore, and recent COVID surges / lock down got nothing to do with Singapore either. The boards seems to be located in China right now.

My guess is, items are either lost on the way or the correspondent in China screwed it up. Okonomiyaki is trying resolved it on without revealing the situation to the buyers.

It's completely reasonable to be mad at the situation as buyer, and the right thing to do as a GB runner should have been more transparent about it.

There has been 2 times Okonomiyaki said shipping invoice will be sent out within the month, but that never happened. Months goes by, and absolutely no new information provided. Locking the Discord because people start questioning only makes it worse.

Simply talk out the problem, and let everyone know the situation, let us know if we can help in some way. Leaving all of us buyer in the dark is possibly the worst decision to make.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 04:57:37 »
AFAIK Oko is currently fulfilling a CRP GB locally, so I don't know why they aren't responding to you guys. Oh well.
jane me | 910 me

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 10:29:30 »
AFAIK Oko is currently fulfilling a CRP GB locally, so I don't know why they aren't responding to you guys. Oh well.

She's been running other GB's so I'm not totally surprised by this. Belle en rose is another example and that hasn't had an update since January and were supposed to be shipping next month.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 11:56:20 »

Hopefully it’s to raise money so that scammer can start some refunds

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 10:33:06 »
Any update?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 10:49:47 »
Locking all the channels on Discord to stop people commenting on how delayed things are is lame. 
This GB is going to same route as the Rukia.

I think it's time to block vendors from using Discord to run their GB's. 
It's too easy for them to just lock down all the channels to stop the buyers from collaborating/communicating when things go bad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2022, 10:52:09 by MajorKoos »

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 13:21:29 »
Admittedly this GB, which has roughly the amount of appeal as gum on a sidewalk, was run right here on geekhack w a google form.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 14:05:05 »
Locking all the channels on Discord to stop people commenting on how delayed things are is lame. 

It's too easy for them to just lock down all the channels to stop the buyers from collaborating/communicating when things go bad.

vendors have been disallowed from doing this for a while now (almost 5 years iirc), but nobody ever flags it to the mods so people do it anyway

pretty clear in the site rules you're not allowed to run a GB and then give updates exclusively on another platform
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline drunken0monkey

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 08:04:34 »

vendors have been disallowed from doing this for a while now (almost 5 years iirc), but nobody ever flags it to the mods so people do it anyway

pretty clear in the site rules you're not allowed to run a GB and then give updates exclusively on another platform

That's interesting and I wasn't aware of that rule. Is there a mechanism to enforce it? For example is Oko now blocked from running GBs on Geekhack?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 08:27:17 »

That's interesting and I wasn't aware of that rule. Is there a mechanism to enforce it? For example is Oko now blocked from running GBs on Geekhack?

you should send this thread to a GH mod/admin and see if they take action

im not in this GB so i am staying out of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 13:28:23 »

Yes, this user can be prevented from running further group buys on this platform if they cease to provide updates here on their group buy threads

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 14:07:26 »

Yes, this user can be prevented from running further group buys on this platform if they cease to provide updates here on their group buy threads

Yep. Really just needs to be flagged to the mod team, either through PMs or reporting offending threads.

Offline drunken0monkey

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 15:11:12 »
I reported it using the report to moderator feature yesterday.

Offline BSGalaxy

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 08:41:58 »
Man. This is my dream TKL, and practically the reason I got into the hobby in the first place. I just wish we had a bit more communication, seeing an additional month pass after the supposed invoicing date feels bad
Space80 / Frog / Hex 6C / Jelly60
KAT Lich / KAT Lucky Jade / GMK Tokyo Nights / PBT Pegaso

Offline hungtranm18

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 19:29:30 »
I sent an e-mail to Okonomiyaki but she didn't have a response either. Can someone in singapore contact her?

Offline shansoft

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 23:50:28 »
I sent an e-mail to Okonomiyaki but she didn't have a response either. Can someone in singapore contact her?

I have also message her on discord, no reply either.

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 15:56:01 »

Many there are too busy being apologists.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 11:47:30 »

Many there are too busy being apologists.

Source? Hardly anyone in our local discord is defending them. Plenty of folks pissed off at not receiving their CRPs on time, either.

*Supposedly* the last someone heard they’re on some kind of quarantine with linkted access to email, but idk.
jane me | 910 me

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 12:17:39 »
Icedmilo April 16, kevinsunbo and others from the discord. Didn’t know CRP was behind for folks there too, that’s too bad.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 12:28:27 »
Icedmilo April 16, kevinsunbo and others from the discord. Didn’t know CRP was behind for folks there too, that’s too bad.

You mean oko’s own discord? I’m not in there. Of course you’re gonna get fanboys.

Most folks on SGMK proper aren’t excusing their behavior.
jane me | 910 me

Offline Hern

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 08:38:47 »
Been messaging a few from the locked discord in DM's. Seems something major happened with the manufacturer.
Some information I gathered is that the manufacturer does not have the address list on who to send each board to. Just several excuses if you ask me. Would be easy enough to just tell the manufacturer to ship direct to one person and then that one person has lots of work to then ship out all the boards to the right people.

Kevinsunbo said that the designer of moon will make a post here on this site and buyers can directly contact him to get them?
Basically writing this board off though as the chance of things working out at this point is slim to none.
Figures the most expensive board I get into for GB is the one that I get scammed on...

Offline Tyson

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 09:01:45 »
Been messaging a few from the locked discord in DM's. Seems something major happened with the manufacturer.
Some information I gathered is that the manufacturer does not have the address list on who to send each board to. Just several excuses if you ask me. Would be easy enough to just tell the manufacturer to ship direct to one person and then that one person has lots of work to then ship out all the boards to the right people.

Kevinsunbo said that the designer of moon will make a post here on this site and buyers can directly contact him to get them?
Basically writing this board off though as the chance of things working out at this point is slim to none.
Figures the most expensive board I get into for GB is the one that I get scammed on...

Wat? Before I left the server a while ago Oko was posting pics at their place of living with the boards in the red cases already. Are you sure they have their information correct in regards to issues with the manu? The pics I remember seeing could have possibly been for the Chinese orders but I'm not 100% sure. I don't feel this is a scam tbh, look how long it's taken Yutski to mail the Jane V2 CE's lol.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 11:20:46 »
TGR track record is different so you can’t compare. Oko doesn’t have TGR reputation. Yutski doesn’t shut down their server and stop all updates because people are questioning the buy and what’s going on.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 14:35:10 »

Wat? Before I left the server a while ago Oko was posting pics at their place of living with the boards in the red cases already. Are you sure they have their information correct in regards to issues with the manu? The pics I remember seeing could have possibly been for the Chinese orders but I'm not 100% sure. I don't feel this is a scam tbh, look how long it's taken Yutski to mail the Jane V2 CE's lol.

Just went back and checked out those videos as I didn't want to leave the server until the board is in hand. I don't think that was Oko's living room. Looked more like an office space at the manufacturer's building. I also vaguely remember Oko saying these would ship directly from the manufacturer but I can't find the specific comment. Either way, She should have the master purchase/shipping list available. Providing a copy to the Manu doesn't seem like it should be taking this long, but if the manu didn't keep half-decent records on everything produced I can see why it would be taking longer. If that is the ONLY issue, I'll actually be very happy and won't mind the wait. The lack of communication is still enough to make me not want to join anything else Oko runs.

Offline Ryanticz

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 15:32:56 »
TGR track record is different so you can’t compare. Oko doesn’t have TGR reputation. Yutski doesn’t shut down their server and stop all updates because people are questioning the buy and what’s going on.

This is honestly the only issue I have with this GB. I've joined some bad GBs like the BOCC GB and even then the runner never locked the discord, not even a single channel. Locking an entire server just to avoid having to answer to people unhappy with the lack of communication is exactly what happened with the Rukia R2 and look at that run. Not a great look for Oko here at all.

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 08:05:03 »

Just went back and checked out those videos as I didn't want to leave the server until the board is in hand. I don't think that was Oko's living room. Looked more like an office space at the manufacturer's building.

That was my impression as well.

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 09:50:19 »
Kevinsunbo, Okonomiyaki apologist, is who I’m gonna pay for shipping? Im dumb enough to buy from dishonest garbage like Okonomiyaki, but I’m not gonna chase bad money w good for the next one in line. Brittney Griner sends more updates from jail in Russia than Okonomiyaki does “in quarantine”.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 11:32:06 »
He said the designer would be shipping them. Reading comprehension buddy  :thumb:

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 12:54:47 »
“Kevinsunbo said that the designer of moon will make a post here on this site and buyers can directly contact him to get them?“

My bad, thought okonomiyaki and Kevinsunbo were different genders. My mistake.

Nonetheless, paying more money to scammers is iffy. Might be better to just take the L

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 16:36:41 »
Oko is not the designer of moon

? If Oko posts that the boards are ready to ship are you going to just not pay the shipping invoice?
I get and understand that you're angry, it's just a little grating.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 July 2022, 16:38:57 by dangboy »

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 18:05:09 »
Dunno the designers gender either!

For that many, nah, the liar Okonomiyaki can sell em and send the GB money back. While that filth is addressing issues she can address a few more.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 09:55:30 »
“Kevinsunbo said that the designer of moon will make a post here on this site and buyers can directly contact him to get them?“

Nonetheless, paying more money to scammers is iffy. Might be better to just take the L

Do you have any evidence of them being scammers or is that a label that you have created yourself?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 14:34:31 »

Do you have any evidence of them being scammers or is that a label that you have created yourself?

Offline XHE

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 08:26:44 »

Let´s say there is a mounting fear that this GB will not go through. No matter the reasons on the runner´s side of things, the prospect of losing something like 600 Dollars on a GB can turn people sour... and very much understandably so.

Communication from Oko regarding this GB has been on and off at the best of times. Combined with an address check in December of 2021 with 0 follow up, and a single update this May promising fulfillment during that month, followed by a lock down of all channels of Oko´s discord server sure makes all the alarm bells ring.

Does that mean that Oko or Kevin or whoever are scammers? Not necessarily. Does that mean that we are facing an ever more probable outcome that leaves all backers several hundred dollars out of pocket? Yeah, it does.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 15:33:59 »
Let´s say there is a mounting fear that this GB will not go through. No matter the reasons on the runner´s side of things, the prospect of losing something like 600 Dollars on a GB can turn people sour... and very much understandably so.

Communication from Oko regarding this GB has been on and off at the best of times. Combined with an address check in December of 2021 with 0 follow up, and a single update this May promising fulfillment during that month, followed by a lock down of all channels of Oko´s discord server sure makes all the alarm bells ring.

Does that mean that Oko or Kevin or whoever are scammers? Not necessarily. Does that mean that we are facing an ever more probable outcome that leaves all backers several hundred dollars out of pocket? Yeah, it does.

All of us here are on the same boat [other than those here for the popcorn or who have more posts on Geekhack than days they've been alive]. People who have already given up, are demoralising everyone else and actively sabotaging the situation are bad actors and should be treated as such. Why do you think that communication has ceased and the discord has been locked down? From what I recall it's because the person calling them a scammer harassed them until they achieved it

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 16:26:31 »
Actually, pretty sure I didn’t call her a scammer on her discord (appropriately titled safe space for someone 10ply soft) and that I never once asked for updates. This is in contrast to here, where I’m calling her a scammer.

Think if we mount up a big round of positivity the rukias will ship?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 16:47:06 »

All of us here are on the same boat [other than those here for the popcorn or who have more posts on Geekhack than days they've been alive]. People who have already given up, are demoralising everyone else and actively sabotaging the situation are bad actors and should be treated as such. Why do you think that communication has ceased and the discord has been locked down? From what I recall it's because the person calling them a scammer harassed them until they achieved it

Yeah, blame the buyers. They did this. They're the reason no details have been given since December. Not only are they sabotaging this GB indirectly, they probably sabotaged the factory directly.

I figure if we're reaching, we might as well go all out.

Also you can search "scam" and "scammer" in the discord. No one referenced those towards Oko when she locked it down. All of the conversation is still there to view. I have faith this will one day be delivered. I don't see a problem in calling it how I see it. We have not been given respectful communication for too long. I'm not surprised others are less optimistic and that's their right to be.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 19:46:36 »
The only way that we receive the boards is for them to be shipped by the GB runner to us. Can you please explain exactly what part of what any of you have said is helping the situation, instead of making it worse?

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 20:34:22 »
The only way that we receive the boards is for them to be shipped by the GB runner to us. Can you please explain exactly what part of what any of you have said is helping the situation, instead of making it worse?

So you are basically saying that if everyone behaves nice there is a chance for boards to show up, but if they don't that chance is less? I think people should try to be civil regardless of the situation, but it is simply not acceptable for a GB runner to not ship things because some people said potentially mean stuff online. Imagine if Novelkeys hold your money hostage and not send you your GB orders just because you posted something that somehow hurt their feelings.

I am also in this GB(also was in Nebula GB which delivered fine). Personally never wrote anything in the discord server, but I think we shouldn't try to make this even slightly acceptable, as it isn't. If there is a production or personal issue, they are all understandable things but they need to be communicated.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 20:00:35 »
I think I am able to find okono's online profile. It seems like her social media activities all stopped since 3-5 months ago.

Could be something happened in her life that impact the entire operation.

Honestly, I don't mind giving it more time, but lack of communications is a serious problem for GB. At this point the board is just sitting there not going anywhere. The chance of receiving is practically none existence at this point, given that CRP GB also fail through.

Does anyone have any success getting paypal to refund? I have ordered 2 board and multiple PCBs. Feels like thousand of dollars just flush into toilet.

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 20:35:42 »
, given that CRP GB also fail through.

story on the crp gb?

Offline shansoft

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 17:33:06 »
, given that CRP GB also fail through.

story on the crp gb?

based on the previous info, most of it still not shipped.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 17:44:04 »

So you are basically saying that if everyone behaves nice there is a chance for boards to show up, but if they don't that chance is less? I think people should try to be civil regardless of the situation, but it is simply not acceptable for a GB runner to not ship things because some people said potentially mean stuff online. Imagine if Novelkeys hold your money hostage and not send you your GB orders just because you posted something that somehow hurt their feelings.

I am also in this GB(also was in Nebula GB which delivered fine). Personally never wrote anything in the discord server, but I think we shouldn't try to make this even slightly acceptable, as it isn't. If there is a production or personal issue, they are all understandable things but they need to be communicated.

I am not apologising for or making excuses for the GB runner. Nor am I espousing that we should adopt some kind of stockholm syndrome style placative attitude towards them. I don't believe at this point that the GB runner is engaging with the participants or will see these posts. As I mentioned earlier it's a fact that the boards have to be shipped before we will receive them. Do you believe that what we post here will increase the chances of the boards shipping or expedite the process? I am simply questioning what some individuals had expected to achieve with their posts and communications here and over discord.

I accept the situation as it is. Although I feel that some people have contributed to the lack of communication, I can also accept that. Ultimately as you have alluded to it's the GB runner whom is responsible for communication and fulfilment regardless of the reception. What rubs me the wrong way is when those same people continue to wax lyrically and self indulgently here without self awareness. We are all in the same situation and probably all have a right to feel frustrated at this point - but they don't have it worse than anyone else, so maybe they can stop bemoaning the tragic fate of their life now?

They could atleast play a better tune on their tiny little violin that they are fiddling with so dramatically

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 09:11:18 »

I am not apologising for or making excuses for the GB runner. Nor am I espousing that we should adopt some kind of stockholm syndrome style placative attitude towards them. I don't believe at this point that the GB runner is engaging with the participants or will see these posts. As I mentioned earlier it's a fact that the boards have to be shipped before we will receive them. Do you believe that what we post here will increase the chances of the boards shipping or expedite the process? I am simply questioning what some individuals had expected to achieve with their posts and communications here and over discord.

I accept the situation as it is. Although I feel that some people have contributed to the lack of communication, I can also accept that. Ultimately as you have alluded to it's the GB runner whom is responsible for communication and fulfilment regardless of the reception. What rubs me the wrong way is when those same people continue to wax lyrically and self indulgently here without self awareness. We are all in the same situation and probably all have a right to feel frustrated at this point - but they don't have it worse than anyone else, so maybe they can stop bemoaning the tragic fate of their life now?

They could atleast play a better tune on their tiny little violin that they are fiddling with so dramatically

I personally didn't get the feeling that those people thinking they have it worse than others. I think it is just people venting in their own way. I also agree that Oko reading these are very unlikely, and I would think most, if not all people are aware of that. So, I would think they are aware that what they write here has no effect on the outcome. As I said, it is just venting.

Also, it is expected for people to react to the same situation in a different way. And there might be legit reasons for some people to react more than others. For example if you are buying only 1 keyboard a year instead of 15, and this is the one that you bought, you would be way more upset compared to person losing 1 out of 15 keyboards they bought. Another reason might be having bought multiple boards in this GB with extras and brass upgrades etc. Just to be clear, I am not saying these justify any personal attacks, which I don't think happened.

I personally don't accept some people contributing to the lack of communication. I haven't been following conversations in her discord, but as I mentioned, it doesn't matter what happens in the discord or any other social platform. She can't behave like an adolescent teenager and try to punish all the people whom she got tens of thousands dollars. If someone is behaving out of line in discord, you just kick them out of there and move on. If your discord is totally out of control for some reason, then you just shut it down and continue updating on GH, with no live interaction with people, as she already should have been doing. Well, even discord can be an update only thing.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:42:53 »

Earlier you said the only way we'd get these was if Oko shipped them and that somehow our morale magically makes that happen. Now you're saying Oko won't even read these messages. Which is it? And how can you say with such certainty that someone doesn't have it worse than you? What if they bought more than one board? The great thing about Geekhack is that is serves as a written record so future community members can look back at how past group buys were managed. This helps them make more informed decisions on who to support. That's good enough of a reason to post complaints and hold runners accountable. And just as as a final point, I think I'd rather wax lyrically and self indulgently than be a boot licker.

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:46:25 »
“We are all in the same situation“

Damn Lil you got 5 of em too?