Author Topic: [GB] KAM_Superuser | COMPLETE - EXTRAS ARE LIVE  (Read 298954 times)

Offline vladimir108

Guys, there is "KAM Superuser" option for macro keypad, check GMK Metropolis R2:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112071.0

Offline Jay_dez

Will there be a round 2 of this? Please tell me there is lol

Offline FreshFromTheGrave

Will there be a round 2 of this? Please tell me there is lol

I know I already answered you in DMs but given Superuser's popularity I think it's very likely we'll have another go in a couple of years time, in a different profile :)

Until then there will be plenty of extras available with all the vendors when shipping rolls around!

This is some rather delayed news as I was waiting for some confirmations but Superuser has been invoiced and paid for :) As we wait for our spot in the queue there won't really be much to update for a while until we get closer to production, time to hibernate!

Offline gromol

Any progress update would be appreciated, thanks!

Offline vladimir108

Not a lot to update as we wait for our spot in the queue! There are still a number of sets ahead of us. All production files including box art have been delivered to zFrontier to pass on to Keyreative. Deskmats should be going into production soon and I will keep everyone up to date on those.

Status updates will become more frequent as we get closer to things going into production :) But for now it's just a lot of waiting!

Offline Mr Chrome

Nice. It was great to see this do so well. I love a good uniform set, and the execution was :thumb:

Not a lot to update as we wait for our spot in the queue! There are still a number of sets ahead of us.

Anyone got a list of what the KAT/KAM dyesub queue looks like at the moment? I kinda lost track once some sets were changed to doubleshot...
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Anyone got a list of what the KAT/KAM dyesub queue looks like at the moment? I kinda lost track once some sets were changed to doubleshot...

It's gonna be a little tricky with the two queues but I'll take a stab. I believe they're on Cyberspace now which is dye sub, I think a lot of Rensuya's sets have gone double shot like Atlantis which leaves:

Ghost
Iron (starting as soon as Cyberspace is done?)
Monochrome
Mizu (going doubleshot? this is the big one to clear)
LALA
Refined
Comet
Cat's Eye
Napoleonic
Crusader
80s After Dark

Not sure if I'm missing any. I'm gonna guess that Refined, Napoleonic, Crusader and 80s all have to be dye sub and the others could be either way? This is all guessing btw it's difficult to get that kind of information out of them. Many of these are on the small to medium side in terms of order size, Cyberspace and Mizu are the big ones to clear so if Mizu is going doubleshot that's going to help us a lot.

Offline Mr Chrome

Not sure if I'm missing any. I'm gonna guess that Refined, Napoleonic, Crusader and 80s all have to be dye sub and the others could be either way? This is all guessing btw it's difficult to get that kind of information out of them. Many of these are on the small to medium side in terms of order size, Cyberspace and Mizu are the big ones to clear so if Mizu is going doubleshot that's going to help us a lot.

Wow, thanks for the rough list! I’d forgotten a lot of the smaller sets, so it’s good to know what I’d glossed over. I heard Monochrome was considering doubleshot too, but with so many kits, I find it hard to believe. Then again, Atlantis pretty much has all novelty mods, so that would also be a lotta molds. I just wish they’d hire someone for PR. If I hadn’t seen the Cyberspace production pics, I wouldn’t know if they still existed ._.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Genericusername56

As a quick guesstimate, are we looking to a Q1 22 date or is it likely to be pushed even further ahead?

Offline DaaDaa

1 million units? is that real?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Tsumi

I believe that's # of keys.

Offline Hawkenfreude

I believe that's # of keys.

Not just keys, but actual units. Where a standard cap is 1 unit and ansi enter is 2.25 units, etc.

Offline sevenseacat

As a quick guesstimate, are we looking to a Q1 22 date or is it likely to be pushed even further ahead?

People will probably start receiving their orders before we get any kind of update from Keyreative. They've dropped the ball so badly on so many things.

My gut feeling is that production will commence in Q1 but that delivery to customers will be more likely in Q2. They've been stuck on Cyberspace for a couple of months now it seems and have had Chinese public holidays and been suffering electricity outages recently. So I feel like the whole queue has been shifted a bit now sadly. Cyberspace is 90% done so we'll see how quickly they get through the other orders and which sets move over to double shot! I'm going to start pushing harder for information from November.

My gut feeling is that production will commence in Q1 but that delivery to customers will be more likely in Q2. They've been stuck on Cyberspace for a couple of months now it seems and have had Chinese public holidays and been suffering electricity outages recently. So I feel like the whole queue has been shifted a bit now sadly. Cyberspace is 90% done so we'll see how quickly they get through the other orders and which sets move over to double shot! I'm going to start pushing harder for information from November.
Cheers, thanks for the info!

Hi all! Just wanted to update everyone on the current state of play:

Deskmats: Production has completed and they should be shipping to vendors this week! It will take some time for vendors to receive and take in the shipment and prepare orders so don't expect a shipping notification just yet, but it's on its way. I should explain that the deskmats were produced twice: There was an issue with the colours on the first batch and these were mistakenly shipped to vendors. The issue was caught, all vendors were informed not to ship the first batch they received and they were remade with the issue fixed as a matter of priority. If you receive a deskmat very early, say next week, then it is most likely from the first batch and you should expect a replacement. But in theory nobody should be receiving deskmats from the first batch :)

NK65 Superuser Edition: In queue for production. This should be going into production soon but we don't have a solid ETA just yet.

KAM Superuser: All production files including box art have been delivered to zFrontier for forwarding to Keyreative. I have asked for updates or new estimates on when production will start or where we are in the queue and I am awaiting a reply. I will continue to chase every 2-3 weeks until I get one.

RAMA cap: I have yet to reach out to RAMA for an update and will do so this month.

Superuser cable: I have yet to reach out to Rocket Cables for an update and will do so this month.

Hey everyone it's time for another quick status update!

KAM Superuser: I've heard back from my Keyreative contact and we have a production estimate! It is slightly later than originally thought, but only by about a month. Our current production estimate is March/April with a production window of 1.5 months. It would then need to be QC'd and shipped to vendors and then shipped to you. This would mean a Q2 2022 delivery time which was the more conservative estimate and not the Q1 2022 which was the more hopeful one. I know it's always disappointing to hear that things are coming a little later than expected, but this does seem like a realistic estimate and it's encouraging to be making some progress. I should also be receiving a full set of samples at some point in time which would mean I could put them on a board and take photos to show you all!

Deskmats: These are now shipping! Many of you have already received yours.
NK65 Superuser Edition: No change from previous update.
RAMA cap: I've emailed RAMA to try and get a new contact for the project as my previous contact, as some of you may know, has since left the business. I am still waiting for a response.
Superuser cable: Rocket Cables has mentioned that he has begun making the cables, but no exact ETA just yet.

Hey everyone and happy new year! I have an update on your production estimate and I am sorry to have to inform you that there has been an additional delay in the estimate for KAM Superuser 😦 zFrontier have posted a full queue schedule for the public to view here: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Some of you will have already seen this. Superuser has now been given a May production start as opposed to the March/April start on the previous estimation. I know it isn't nice having to wait so long for a product you've ordered but as I'm sure you all know I have little to no control over this process and am waiting the same as you are. I nevertheless appreciate all the patience you have shown so far.

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
Thank you for the consistent updates and transparency.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Hey everyone and happy new year! I have an update on your production estimate and I am sorry to have to inform you that there has been an additional delay in the estimate for KAM Superuser 😦 zFrontier have posted a full queue schedule for the public to view here: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Some of you will have already seen this. Superuser has now been given a May production start as opposed to the March/April start on the previous estimation. I know it isn't nice having to wait so long for a product you've ordered but as I'm sure you all know I have little to no control over this process and am waiting the same as you are. I nevertheless appreciate all the patience you have shown so far.

Offline ItsMattJ

I'm so mad that I missed this. I assume we'll see a round 2 one day since as this was so popular? One can hope. Great looking set.

Offline Nurseh

• Sorry for always apologizing
I'm so mad that I missed this. I assume we'll see a round 2 one day since as this was so popular? One can hope. Great looking set.

There will be extras from multiple vendors that originally were involved in the GB. Keep an eye out!

Offline eatanygoodbooks

There will be extras from multiple vendors that originally were involved in the GB. Keep an eye out!

So glad to read this. I snagged the Owlab Spring so I need to pick up KAM Superuser spacebars from NK when they go up.

Hey all! Little bit of a delayed update, but two new things to report (please join the discord if you want updates faster!):

NK65 Superuser Editions have arrived and are shipping to customers now. If you ordered one you should expect yours soon :)

RAMA caps have also started to ship to customers, it may depend on your region with potentially OCE folks getting them first.

No change regarding the previous update on the keycaps themselves or the cable collab.

(we are slowly getting there everyone!)

Offline kaleid

• in a world of magnets and miracles...
    • Ma socials
Ordered the artisan from prototypist extras on the 26th of March and got word from my post office to pick up on the 8th of April, it is gorgeous! https://www.reddit.com/r/keycaps/comments/u236q3/sudo_make_me_a_sandwich_rama_x_superuser/
RIP my KAM 80s After Dark set (ordered from Mechs&Co...)

Hi all I have an update from Keyreative! So as I'm sure many of you have been bracing for, due to lockdowns in the Shangdong area where Keyreative operate things have been pushed back a bit while they have been unable to go to work. The May production schedule is now sadly unlikely, late May is a possibility but June to July is now what I'm being told is most likely.

The good news is that there is a new, larger set of samples ready to be shipped to me! This isn't the whacky kit with a bit of everything that I had specced out and looks to be a standard kit of some kind but let's wait until it arrives to see what's included. If I can cover a board with what gets sent I will take lots more photos for you all 🙂 The samples from the photos look just as good as the previous samples I've been given and the images sent to me are available in the Discord server. Once received I will photograph and colour correct them, hopefully on a board to get a nice representation.

So on the whole apologies for the bad news again D: I feel like it could have potentially been worse given the lockdowns and I do think we're slowly getting there. As always, I appreciate your kind patience as we wait. If I could speed things up you know I would!

The May production schedule is now sadly unlikely, late May is a possibility but June to July is now what I'm being told is most likely.
How likely did it turn out to be? :)

How likely did it turn out to be? :)

Less likely than was previously stated :( Trying to get ahold of an update!

Offline thelateclacker

any word on how those updated samples turned out?

Also would like to see if there is any news regarding this.

Offline lazaret

There are pictures of the new samples on the discord server, but still no real update on production unfortunately...

Offline sevenseacat

Is it so hard for GB runners to post updates with photos in their GB threads? -_-

I'm so sorry guys I keep forgetting to post non-schedule related updates here as well as on discord!

This is the album of the new samples: https://imgur.com/a/MY52Sa1 Bear in mind this is a bit of a mishmash kit to test out a variety of things!

There is currently no further update on the schedule that has been given to me despite my regular messaging zF/Keyreative on the matter. Other than that the queue is moving and I believe it is currently at KAT Napoleonic, which means there are 4 sets remaining before superuser including Napoleonic - they are however orders that are on the smaller side.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 August 2022, 15:39:57 by FreshFromTheGrave »

Offline sevenseacat

they look great!

Offline Reyhn3

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | GB CLOSED - 1 MILLION UNITS SOLD! Highest selling KAM set!
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 09:12:22 »
Please, please let there be a Nordic kit extra for me!
I missed the GB by a couple of years... /:

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | GB CLOSED - 1 MILLION UNITS SOLD! Highest selling KAM set!
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 11:13:43 »
Please, please let there be a Nordic kit extra for me!
I missed the GB by a couple of years... /:

MyKeyboard will have extras of the int_north kit when the set ships :)

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 13:23:41 »
Hi all I finally have a small update on Superuser for you!

The email I received said and I copy/paste "keyreative has begun injection planning for KAM Superuser". I believe this means they're prepping to make the keys before dye subbing since they do this in house now and need to plan how many of each key needs to be made. So it seems we are getting very close to our production slot now and they have been combing over my kit files as well in preparation.

The second interesting thing is that because of the potential halo issue on homing bars they are seemingly going to be supplying scooped AND barred keys now for every homing key. I tried to clarify this that customers would be receiving both but didn't receive another response. On my latest samples I thought the halo issue was very minimal however now that scooped KAM keys are available, if I have to choose one over the other (which is not what was inferred in the message - it very much sounded like both would be supplied) then I will be choosing to change these to scooped to absolutely avoid any chance of halo imperfections on the homing bars. I think they are conscious both of the halo issue and the fact that the set was sold as having bars and this is why they want to supply both.

That is unfortunately as far as I got in that latest exchange! No further mention of timelines although I think the injection planning says more than any of the previous timeline estimates we've received so far and exceeded.

Offline kspark324

The email I received said and I copy/paste "keyreative has begun injection planning for KAM Superuser". I believe this means they're prepping to make the keys before dye subbing since they do this in house now and need to plan how many of each key needs to be made. So it seems we are getting very close to our production slot now and they have been combing over my kit files as well in preparation.

The second interesting thing is that because of the potential halo issue on homing bars they are seemingly going to be supplying scooped AND barred keys now for every homing key. I tried to clarify this that customers would be receiving both but didn't receive another response. On my latest samples I thought the halo issue was very minimal however now that scooped KAM keys are available, if I have to choose one over the other (which is not what was inferred in the message - it very much sounded like both would be supplied) then I will be choosing to change these to scooped to absolutely avoid any chance of halo imperfections on the homing bars. I think they are conscious both of the halo issue and the fact that the set was sold as having bars and this is why they want to supply both.

That is unfortunately as far as I got in that latest exchange! No further mention of timelines although I think the injection planning says more than any of the previous timeline estimates we've received so far and exceeded.

6 weeks from this update, seems like we should be in production by now?

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!

6 weeks from this update, seems like we should be in production by now?
Not necessarily, it's Keyreative we are talking about. Hopefully it is, but I do suggest to keep expectations low. I was into KAT Cyberspace and am waiting on KAM Superuser and KAT Slurp, and tbh KR has not delivered thing on time NOT EVEN ONCE.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

We are two sets away from our production slot! 80s After Dark is currently in production, KAT slurp is after that and then it is us :) Hang tight everyone we are finally getting there!

Offline velcrovan

Sounds like our slot will be just in time for the Chinese New Year shutdown then :))

Hey everyone! I have an update after I enquired again about the queue after getting some information this week on the other set I'm involved in, KAM Li'l Dragon.

There has been a bit of a reordering of the queue and Keyreative have given me their reasons for this. KAM Li'l Dragon is currently in production and has skipped about 3/4 sets ahead of its original slot. This is because Li'l Dragon is regular dye sub only while all the other sets before it are full reverse dye sub and it's significantly easier for them to manufacture and QC Li'l Dragon, so they have chosen to sneak this one in quite a bit earlier. Li'l Dragon is about 60% complete already.

Keyreative are aware that Superuser is a large and important order and are committed to ensuring quality on this set. They want to devote the appropriate amount of production and QC staff to Superuser and as such they do not want Superuser to overlap with KAT Mizu which is another very large order that has nearly finished production and requires that attention and personnel. KAT Mizu should be finished production in either December or January with Superuser following directly afterwards.

This is mostly in line with what we were expecting anyways with 80s After Dark just about finished production, KAT Slurp in December and then followed by us. So this shouldn't result in much change to our delivery time frames but I wanted you to all be aware of the reasons that some sets are coming out ahead of their slots and why Keyreative have chosen to reorder things in this way. They seem capable of doing more than one dye sub set at the same time if they're less intensive or smaller orders but something like Superuser requires their full dye sub capacity focused onto one product.

It's a bit annoying to see a set later in the queue getting done earlier but I do believe Keyreative are doing things in the most efficient way possible 🙂

Offline LexProf

Thanks for this update. I hope NovelKeys will change the status page on their website which has read "in production" for quite a while, something I never quite understood given that people who are on FFTG's discord knew well that it was still in the queue. The anticipated arrival will likely now have to change to Q2 2023 to be realistic, and not Q4 2022. So a full two years since the group buy. This was the first group buy I ever joined. I think it is the best set I've ever seen, but these delays have made me think about requesting a refund. :( Holding off for now, but I do appreciate that NK has a flexible refund policy.

Offline velcrovan

On Twitter, Keyreative just told me they are doing KAM Superuser in February. https://twitter.com/chenancetr/status/1613936230177320962

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
That sounds like BS my friend. On the KAT Slurp channel (the set being done just before KAM Superuser), this was said by twoshoes (the set artist):
"Alex is working with Keyreative to begin prosuction with the latest pink. Last we heard (last Thursday) due to covid and China’s heavy restrictions they are extremely short staffed so they are doing everything they can to begin production"

Given they fulfill their schedules (they have never done it), and start Slurp in the next week, they will halt everything for the Lunar New Year and resume on February 5th. Then, and if my memory serves me well, KAM 80s After-dark was in production since late November, and took until the end of December to start shipping. KAT Slurp sold 70% of those of the aforementioned set, so I would not expect KAM Superuser to start manufacturing until mid March, and that is best case scenario IMHO.

Nothing against you my friend, just pointing how much Keyreative is still a bunch of BS.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Novelkeys' ETA is currently Q2 2023 - https://novelkeys.com/pages/Product-Updates

Offline doggo1dance

2025 it is

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Novelkeys' ETA is currently Q2 2023 - https://novelkeys.com/pages/Product-Updates

Our trusted overseer always on point <3.

2025 it is

Man knows his s*t, well said sir  ;D.