Author Topic: [GB] KAM_Superuser | COMPLETE - EXTRAS ARE LIVE  (Read 298962 times)

Offline Kawamashi

Just ordered !  :D

Offline Genericusername56

Seems like it's fixed now :)
Yep! Ordered.  Now I just need to completely forget about this set for a year or so. Very hyped! This is going to be my first proper keycap set. Might order another set too as a backup in case I build another board but I'll take the rest of the month to decide about that.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2021, 07:23:00 by dvorcol »

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
grats on moq!

Offline teleute

I'm kinda surprised the highlight mods are so behind the terminal mods. I expected it to be the other way around.

Offline FreshFromTheGrave

I'm kinda surprised the highlight mods are so behind the terminal mods. I expected it to be the other way around.

It's somewhat reflecting what I saw in the IC form, but standard is closer to terminal than on IC and highlight is falling a little further behind than IC. Terminal was always meant to be the signature look though and was the original design intention ;)

Offline bvckcompton

Fantastic set, purchased. Guess 2022 is looking up! ;P

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline thicthock

so so happy.

Hope  keyreative gets it together now.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Sales numbers are stellar! Congratulations, Fresh!

I was going to join superuser until I saw Iceberg...

Offline teleute

It's somewhat reflecting what I saw in the IC form, but standard is closer to terminal than on IC and highlight is falling a little further behind than IC. Terminal was always meant to be the signature look though and was the original design intention ;)

The terminals mods do look great. I haven't interacted with a command line interface since I was in elementary school over two decades ago but I was still tempted. Something about the highlight mods just hits me right in the DOS nostalgia though.

Offline Niji

This might actually be my first set in KAM, so many different kits! Thought i was decided on the mods standard, but mods highlight look so good in the renders, now I can't decide :-\ might have to give up on the deskmat since it's not available on zf :-[

Offline thicthock

The terminals mods do look great. I haven't interacted with a command line interface since I was in elementary school over two decades ago but I was still tempted. Something about the highlight mods just hits me right in the DOS nostalgia though.

This is literally why I had to have the terminal mods!

This might actually be my first set in KAM, so many different kits! Thought i was decided on the mods standard, but mods highlight look so good in the renders, now I can't decide :-\ might have to give up on the deskmat since it's not available on zf :-[

Hmm there seems to be an issue with their website, the mats are available and have been selling but the drop down is being blocked by the panel at the bottom. zFrontier is going off for CNY now but I will ping them about it when they're back!

The workaround is to make a selection, then use your down arrow to select what you actually want, RAMA and deskmats are near the bottom :)

Offline xBlaCk

I am pretty new to custom mechanical keyboards and this is the 2nd set i bought today! I hope KAM satisfy my needs.

Offline Niji

Hmm there seems to be an issue with their website, the mats are available and have been selling but the drop down is being blocked by the panel at the bottom. zFrontier is going off for CNY now but I will ping them about it when they're back!

The workaround is to make a selection, then use your down arrow to select what you actually want, RAMA and deskmats are near the bottom :)

oh god i have a small brain, they have pictures there and i missed it :-X Thanks for the tip! Now i have another dilemma of which deskmat to choose (leaning towards command and line)

Offline RoninSavant

Show Image

This is awesome! How often do you update these? I see you've made a few for other GBs as well; very nice!

Offline Natac24

As a unix admin, with my terminals set to green on black.. i need this =D
terminal mods ftw.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Show Image

This is awesome! How often do you update these? I see you've made a few for other GBs as well; very nice!

Thanks, glad you like them.  I post new ones every time I get new numbers.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline Al3417

Many in Asia encountered difficulties while purchasing KAM Superuser; it seems like the keycaps GB are ONLY accessible through the “Zfrontier International”, excluding the normal Zfrontier.com, which created problems both in paying and choosing kits. Neither the GB show up on Zfronter.com’s front page, nor any form of GB announcement can be found on the website. I heard from the others that the GB did open for a brief period of time on the first day but was soon shut down. Was the GB intentionally set up like this, or was it just a mistake? Pls reply asap, lots are eager to join the GB. :thumb:

Many in Asia encountered difficulties while purchasing KAM Superuser; it seems like the keycaps GB are ONLY accessible through the “Zfrontier International”, excluding the normal Zfrontier.com, which created problems both in paying and choosing kits. Neither the GB show up on Zfronter.com’s front page, nor any form of GB announcement can be found on the website. I heard from the others that the GB did open for a brief period of time on the first day but was soon shut down. Was the GB intentionally set up like this, or was it just a mistake? Pls reply asap, lots are eager to join the GB. :thumb:

That's a good catch thank you for bringing it up! I will check in with them when they are back from CNY!

Offline Alga

Well, ordered the kits. Thanks for providing the spanish and not having to learn a new distribution. Of course paired with the terminal highlights  :thumb:

Offline Biskwit157

Show Image

Do you know how many NK65's have been ordered.

Greats charts btw

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline thelateclacker

on the fence about ordering the nk65...  Just got into the keyboard game and only have one board, but have another one on reserve that hasn't even been released yet...   In the meantime I've gotten 3 set of keycaps, got in GB for 3 more sets, got two sets of switches, and a couple sets of stabs that I can't even use because my current board doesn't even have screw in stab support (and neither does the NK65 for that matter... But!  The one on reserve does, even though it'll come with its own pre-clipped/lubed screw in stabs...).

I feel like I've jumped into the hole too quick and forgot to attach the bungee cord.  I'm a little scared of myself at this point.  :eek:
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:03:36 by thelateclacker »

on the fence about ordering the nk65...  Just got into the keyboard game and only have one board, but have another one on reserve that hasn't even been released yet...   In the meantime I've gotten 3 set of keycaps, got in GB for 3 more sets, got two sets of switches, and a couple sets of stabs that I can't even use because my current board doesn't even have screw in stab support (and neither does the NK65 for that matter... But!  The one on reserve does, even though it'll come with its own pre-clipped/lubed screw in stabs...).

I feel like I've jumped into the hole too quick and forgot to attach the bungee cord.  I'm a little scared of myself at this point.  :eek:

Sounds to me like you need more keyboards for all those keycaps ;)

Offline Biskwit157

I find myself liking more sets than my wallet can afford, my spouse keeps me in check though thankfully.

Offline thelateclacker

Sounds to me like you need more keyboards for all those keycaps ;)

can't tell if this will end well or not for me lol

I find myself liking more sets than my wallet can afford, my spouse keeps me in check though thankfully.

Mine has only seen just the tip of the iceberg haha!
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2021, 12:20:52 by thelateclacker »

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | 1 WEEK LEFT! Ends 2nd March | MOQ reached in 1 day!
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:33:43 »
Just 1 week left of the group buy!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 22:12:51 »

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:15:36 »
On this picture is spacebar in color or modifiers (grey, Pantone 7545C). Is it mistake or spacebars will be black (Pantone 4280C) + grey (Pantone 7545C)

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:37:49 »
On this picture is spacebar in color or modifiers (grey, Pantone 7545C). Is it mistake or spacebars will be black (Pantone 4280C) + grey (Pantone 7545C)

Show Image

Ah apologies that is an older render that I must have forgotten to update. The kit images and main renders are all correct, the spacebars are either 4280C or 353C :)

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:47:28 »

Show Image

Ah apologies that is an older render that I must have forgotten to update. The kit images and main renders are all correct, the spacebars are either 4280C or 353C :)

Pitty, looks cool in 7545C ;-)

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | ENDS TOMORROW 2ND MARCH! | MOQ reached in 1 day!
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 05:35:38 »
Last day tomorrow! (2nd March) Don't miss your chance ;)

Offline MrT1ddl3s

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | ENDS TOMORROW 2ND MARCH! | MOQ reached in 1 day!
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 16:24:16 »
super excited for this

Offline vladimir108

Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | ENDS TODAY 2ND MARCH! | MOQ reached in 1 day!
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 12:38:22 »
Why is there for mods_standard and mods_highlight used label "shift" and for mods_terminal: "raise"?

There is also different between:
mods_standard and mods_highlight: green "execute", grey: "enter"
mods_terminal: green "execute", grey: "execute"

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 12:50:30 »
Why is there for mods_standard and mods_highlight used label "shift" and for mods_terminal: "raise"?

There is also different between:
mods_standard and mods_highlight: green "execute", grey: "enter"
mods_terminal: green "execute", grey: "execute"

It's a stylistic choice :) the green on the standard and highlight is meant to have a little bit of flair taken from the terminal set. "enter" isn't used in terminal as it doesn't make sense in that context - hence two "executes".

Offline Wilcom

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 13:50:43 »
Last day in!!!

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 23:18:51 »
Welp... I couldn't pass. I bought in at the 13th hour (literally after mighight 3/3)

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 04:17:20 »
Welp... I couldn't pass. I bought in at the 13th hour (literally after mighight 3/3)

Lucky ;) It looks like all the vendors are still open for any last minute considerations!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
Excited to see final numbers. WILL THIS BE THE BEST SELLING KAM SET OF ALL TIME? STAY TUNED!

Excited to see final numbers. WILL THIS BE THE BEST SELLING KAM SET OF ALL TIME? STAY TUNED!

I think it might already be the best selling KAM set  :eek:

Offline Nurseh

• Sorry for always apologizing
Re: [GB] KAM_Superuser | GB CLOSED - Awaiting final numbers
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 19:36:05 »
Awesome set! Was able to snag Alphas, Terminal mods, and spacebar kit. Will be my first group buy, thanks for the opportunity!  ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 19:38:35 by Nurseh »

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 11:43:52 »
If you'd like to stay up to date and participate in discussion about superuser and other sets I work on, come and join my new Discord server!

https://discord.gg/HW2jQsrrar
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 March 2021, 05:46:26 by FreshFromTheGrave »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 20:39:12 »

More
<-- final without extras

Huge shout out to dvorcol for helping me with the sales tracker and creating these awesome graphs for everyone! What did we do to deserve you in this community <3

To my knowledge superuser has achieved a few key milestones with these numbers:

Breaking the magic 1 MILLION unit mark at 1.07m!

Becoming the all time best selling KAM set.

Becoming the 2nd best selling Keyreative group buy set, after KAT Mizu at 1.36m.

I know I've said it all before on discord but I can't thank you all enough for your support on this journey and a big shout out to all the superuser vendors who supported the project <3 The enthusiasm and excitement around superuser has always blown me away and continues to inspire me for future projects. I know there's a long wait before superuser arrives at our doorsteps, but I hope that when it does that it knocks your socks off ;)

I will be updating this thread and my discord server (linked at the top of the 1st page - do come join us) with relevant news as it comes :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 March 2021, 16:15:54 by FreshFromTheGrave »

Offline thelateclacker

Hey man, congrats on the results!  It's a great looking set and my first groupbuy ever, so it's good to see everything is going so awesome!

Offline GingGing

1M units is so many! Congratulations!

Offline kbrick

Looking forward to a KAT Superuser now  ;)