Author Topic: [GB] GMK Red Alert - shipping confirmed Jan/Feb 2023!  (Read 161151 times)

Offline break

[GB] GMK Red Alert - shipping confirmed Jan/Feb 2023!
« on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 16:47:34 »
GMK Red Alert

Hubble 65 by Yoni and Mechs & Co with GMK Red Alert.
Render by pikku-allu.

Thanks to the following people for approving this Group Buy:
  • Seoulcialite (the last runner of DCS Red Alert)
  • Ragnorock (runner of white-on-red Red Alert back in 2012)
  • Photekq (runner of GMK Red Alert in 2015)
  • Warren (runner of GMK Classic Red)

I have additionally reached out to sixty and uranium, the first runners of Red Alert, and will update this IC when (if, unfortunately...) they write back.

Red Alert has run various times throughout the years. It first ran during 2011 as OTD Red Alert thanks to sixty and uranium, who worked extremely hard with SP to perfect their custom legends almost a decade ago.

Five years after the last group buy - and with approval from many previous RA runners - I have revived this classic colorway for a new wave of keyboard enthusiasts. The updated base kit has been paired with odes to OTD Red Alert and vintage Cherry keysets, including two Ramas approved by Cherry.

Interest Check Thread

Please visit the Interest Check thread for details on GMK Red Alert.

Colors

This run of GMK Red Alert will use GMK stock colors P3, CP and U9. See below for an uncalibrated photo (with other stock colors for reference).

Vendors

GMK Red Alert will be available for pre-order from March 5th to April 9th, 2021 at these vendors.

US - Mechs & Co
SEA - Monokei
CA - DeskHero
EU - MyKeyboard.eu
AU - Daily Clack
UK - Prototypist.net
CN - ZFrontier

Kits

Big big thanks to Pikku-allu for working on these kit renders.

Base Kit

OG Number Kit

Classic Compute Kit (Extension)

Red Crimson Cyrillic Kit

This Cyrillic kit will be full doubleshot, using the same molds *tom / tvaro is developing for GMK Cyrillic Beige Add-On

Notable changes from the last GMK run:
  • P3 stock red instead of V1
  • R5 sculpted bottom row
  • base kit has modern physical ISO support on R3/R4 and UK ISO support
  • inclusion of Cherry novelties and other modern perks (F13, second B, etc.)

RAMA Artisans

Brass Dual Fill

White on Red

Renders

Hubble65 by Yoniwolf and Mechs & Co with OG Number kit

Render by pikku-allu.

Dawn FE by crykn / Finite Designs

Render by sGhost.

Tengu by would / Finder Works, with Crimson Cyrillic Kit

Render by pikku-allu.

Horizon by Hand Engineering, with OG Number Kit

Render by sGhost.

Petrichor by Alchemist Keyboards

Render by sGhost.

Artisans

After working on a few artisan collabs, I'm excited to announce that

TRMK Caps
Sodie Caps
Prime Caps
Fraktal Kaps
Alpha Keycaps
Destroyer Caps
Bad and Booj Keys
Phage Caps
DeagCaps

will be collaborating with us on GMK Red Alert.

I designed Yuri Salvador, and Yohan has raffled it off. You can find it floating around mechmarket.

More Information

Join my Discord server.

Fill out this IC survey.

Thanks

• konstantin, tom, CoolMike, Psyoshi, Jampot, and depletedvespene for talking through kitting, and Pwner for first suggesting P3
  • pikku-allu and sGhost for the amazing renders
  • previous and related GB runners for their approval and feedback
  • T0mb3ry for approval to use his classic-inspired Cherry novelties, Oblotzky for the connect to Cherry, and hineybush and Lightning for novelty feedback
  • konstantin for the sweet text + icon KLE template
  • My wife, who has supported our family during the moments where I'm working on my Group Buys. <3
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2023, 09:28:09 by break »

Offline break

Re: [GB] GMK Red Alert
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 08:41:40 »
US Pricing for GMK Red Alert

Base Kit - $135
Extension - $72
Cyrillics - $78
Numrow - $35
Red Cherry - $38
Brass Cherry - $60

Several vendors have gone live, and the rest will open pre-orders soon.

Offline zekth

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 08:41:45 »
i'm IN  :thumb:

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 08:59:59 »
Count me in

Offline MichelKami

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 10:51:31 »
I just barely got in on Birch and I planned to get in on Red Alert as soon as i saw it. Then i realized you're the one running both of them lol. Great job brother

Offline break

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 11:37:32 »
i'm IN  :thumb:

I just barely got in on Birch and I planned to get in on Red Alert as soon as i saw it. Then i realized you're the one running both of them lol. Great job brother

Count me in

Thank you all!!

Some vendors are already live. Mechs & Co will go live at 3pm EST today.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 13:53:38 »
Looking forward to joining this weekend. That two-color brass Rama is amazing. My wallet and I are having a bit of a disagreement about how many to buy. I've been thinking it has a silver finish, didn't realize it is brass. So is it more silver-ish or gold-ish in color? (Sort of hard to tell on my monitor.)

By the way, is it true Rama's are a one off so no future R2 of the cherries?

Offline break

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 14:18:04 »
GMK Red Alert is [live in the US on Mechs & Co.](https://mechsandco.com/collections/current-group-buys/products/gb-gmk-red-alert?variant=39266546450567)

Looking forward to joining this weekend. That two-color brass Rama is amazing. My wallet and I are having a bit of a disagreement about how many to buy. I've been thinking it has a silver finish, didn't realize it is brass. So is it more silver-ish or gold-ish in color? (Sort of hard to tell on my monitor.)

By the way, is it true Rama's are a one off so no future R2 of the cherries?

That's correct. These Cherry Ramas will never run again.

EDIT Missed your question, sorry! The brass Rama with light gold PVD will match the Sandstorm Rama pictured below.

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 14:23:00 by break »

Offline break

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:17:33 »
Damn. I realized I've done this privately but not publicly, so:

Thank you so so much to Oblotzky and Lightning for the guidance on reaching out to Cherry. These two Rama designs would not exist without their tremendous support.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 17:21:26 »
Iconic set, very cool kitting and novelties!

Is the base red intended to be the same as the 2015 Hammer run? I suppose it’s anyone’s guess how close the color will match even if they are the same Cherry color code, but curious how the numrow would look with my older set 🤔
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 03:55:23 »
All kits ordered.  I have the original run but I wanted another set, and those RAMAs were not to be missed. Having UK ISO in the base is really cool and the classic compute set was not to be missed.  Great set all round and very well done to all.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline vegs

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 08:01:13 »
Never been this tempted to join a non-nordic set :confused:

GL on group buy regardless :thumb:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline break

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 13:11:16 »
All kits ordered.  I have the original run but I wanted another set, and those RAMAs were not to be missed. Having UK ISO in the base is really cool and the classic compute set was not to be missed.  Great set all round and very well done to all.

Thank you so much! I was in touch with a number of UK folks early on during this process. Adding UK ISO was my thanks to them.  :-*

Is the base red intended to be the same as the 2015 Hammer run? I suppose it’s anyone’s guess how close the color will match even if they are the same Cherry color code, but curious how the numrow would look with my older set 🤔

I have zero clue, I've never even held the 2015 Hammer run before. All I can say is that this red will be matched to P3, which wasn't available as a stock GMK color back then. I believe it first debuted with Ceresia.

Never been this tempted to join a non-nordic set :confused:

GL on group buy regardless :thumb:

Doooooooo it. Regardless, thanks for the support!!

Offline break

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 13:13:48 »
I've brought over renders from the IC thread, and added on what I was waiting for: Crimson Cyrillics x Tengu, thanks to pikku-allu.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 17:25:24 »

I have zero clue, I've never even held the 2015 Hammer run before. All I can say is that this red will be matched to P3, which wasn't available as a stock GMK color back then. I believe it first debuted with Ceresia.

Ah okay, no problem then. I'll probably join for it all then :)

The 2015 run's "red" actually has a strong orange tint to it, so it's probably for the best that it's not aligned with that run.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline break

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 00:02:25 »

Ah okay, no problem then. I'll probably join for it all then :)

The 2015 run's "red" actually has a strong orange tint to it, so it's probably for the best that it's not aligned with that run.

Yeah, that one used V1. At Pwner’s suggestion I looked into alternatives and preferred P3. Glad you agree.

Offline bliss

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 08:32:18 »
I have got a sample of P3 on L9 in front of me (as you know, L9 is a tad darker than CP), and it is easy on the eyes with good contrast. Using P3 was definitely a good move.

This one got it all: R5, windowed keycaps, Cyrillics, RAMA...

GLWGB :thumb:

Offline break

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 11:06:22 »
Numbers for the first 2-3 days, with a few caveats:

• Not all vendors are reporting.
  • Some vendors did not list RA on their sites until late on Friday or early Saturday local time, while we finalized the listing.

Base - 65
OG Number Kit - 40
Extension - 30
Cyrillics - 17
Red Rama - 49
Brass Rama - 50

Thank you to everyone who has supported Red Alert so far. These attach rates are insane!

I'm curious to see progress to MOQ by the end of the first week, but I remain very committed to making this set available to everyone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 March 2021, 11:09:07 by break »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 12:29:38 »
Awesome early numbers Break amazing work to!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 12:33:20 »
Hi Mr Break. Thanks.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 20:51:55 »
More
Numbers for the first 2-3 days, with a few caveats:

• Not all vendors are reporting.
  • Some vendors did not list RA on their sites until late on Friday or early Saturday local time, while we finalized the listing.

Base - 65
OG Number Kit - 40
Extension - 30
Cyrillics - 17
Red Rama - 49
Brass Rama - 50

Thank you to everyone who has supported Red Alert so far. These attach rates are insane!

I'm curious to see progress to MOQ by the end of the first week, but I remain very committed to making this set available to everyone.

Offline break

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 13:39:10 »
I feel _much_ better five days into GB. Usual story applies: not all vendors reporting, some numbers stale, no extras included.

Base - 95
Numrow - 60
Extensions - 40
Cyrillics - 24
Red Rama - 65
Brass Rama - 68

Base, Numrow and Extensions are all well on track, and I'm not too worried about Cyrillics at this point either (seems to be attaching at 23% after the first weekend pop, suggesting we'll get to 100 naturally).

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 18:53:01 »
More
I feel _much_ better five days into GB. Usual story applies: not all vendors reporting, some numbers stale, no extras included.

Base - 95
Numrow - 60
Extensions - 40
Cyrillics - 24
Red Rama - 65
Brass Rama - 68

Base, Numrow and Extensions are all well on track, and I'm not too worried about Cyrillics at this point either (seems to be attaching at 23% after the first weekend pop, suggesting we'll get to 100 naturally).

Offline GingGing

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 11:00:44 »
Been wanting a color scheme like this for a long time, glad it's finally here!

Offline break

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 13:24:14 »
Numbers for just under one week into the GB:

Base - 112
Numrow - 75
Extension - 50
Cyrillics - 30
Red Rama - 84
Brass Rama - 79

Takeaways:
 - We're on our way to hitting 500 MOQ on the base kits. Could use a nudge, so don't wait if you're interested.
 - Child kits are doing very well!

Also, don't sleep on this lovely artisan cable by Sui Paracords. Available at Mechs & Co.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 14:11:40 »
Am I seeing it right? Gold RAMA is behind the red one?

Offline break

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 14:37:30 »
Am I seeing it right? Gold RAMA is behind the red one?

Yep. It might be the pricing - it's 50% higher than the red Rama.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 22:37:48 »
More
Numbers for just under one week into the GB:

Base - 112
Numrow - 75
Extension - 50
Cyrillics - 30
Red Rama - 84
Brass Rama - 79

Takeaways:
 - We're on our way to hitting 500 MOQ on the base kits. Could use a nudge, so don't wait if you're interested.
 - Child kits are doing very well!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 22:40:44 »
are all the legends in the Cyrillic kit double shot or are some pad printed?
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 22:41:53 »
are all the legends in the Cyrillic kit double shot or are some pad printed?

This Cyrillic kit will be full doubleshot, using the same molds *tom / tvaro is developing for GMK Cyrillic Beige Add-On
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline break

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 14:36:29 »
Progress this week

Base - 138
Numrow - 92
Extension - 60
Cyrillics - 38
Red Rama - 100
Brass Rama - 112

Takeaways:

- Progress towards base kit MOQ has slowed down. We could definitely use a nudge here.
- If we get there on the base kit, OG Number Kit is basically confirmed for production.

I've also tossed some renders of Petrichor into the original post.

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 March 2021, 14:41:43 by break »

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 17:24:26 »
If this set doesn't make it, I am going to be livid.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 17:50:04 »
More
Progress this week

Base - 138
Numrow - 92
Extension - 60
Cyrillics - 38
Red Rama - 100
Brass Rama - 112

Takeaways:

- Progress towards base kit MOQ has slowed down. We could definitely use a nudge here.
- If we get there on the base kit, OG Number Kit is basically confirmed for production.

I've also tossed some renders of Petrichor into the original post.

Show Image

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 05:35:11 »
Come on people, this set has to live, it is part of your heritage as a keyboard enthusiast.  Check your past out.  If you don't own a set of this there is something wrong with you.  Not every keyboard out there wants hangul purple DSA on it.  Some of the original cool keyboards rocked GMK Red Alert.

Trust me, if you don't buy this set you will regret it.  After the sale has ended, this thread will have at least one new post a week saying 'Cool caps, when GB start' or something just as annoying as that and that will mean it pops up in my Watched list all the time which is fooking annoying.

So listen up keyboard fans, drop some love on this set, it is retro, cool and worth bragging about and stop looking at hangul purple dsa sets with manga novelties.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 09:20:49 »
Come on people, this set has to live, it is part of your heritage as a keyboard enthusiast.  Check your past out.  If you don't own a set of this there is something wrong with you.  Not every keyboard out there wants hangul purple DSA on it.  Some of the original cool keyboards rocked GMK Red Alert.

Trust me, if you don't buy this set you will regret it.  After the sale has ended, this thread will have at least one new post a week saying 'Cool caps, when GB start' or something just as annoying as that and that will mean it pops up in my Watched list all the time which is fooking annoying.

So listen up keyboard fans, drop some love on this set, it is retro, cool and worth bragging about and stop looking at hangul purple dsa sets with manga novelties.
Well, I joined GMK Birch and that set looks way better than this. Heritage or not, this old colorway will always be shadowed by many good sets with very modern colors currently in ICs or GBs. There are good classic and mediocre classic, I think RA belongs to the latter; for good classic sets: Oblivion, Night Runner, etc.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 09:34:12 »
Wut

Offline zekth

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 09:45:02 »
Nightrunner considered as "classic"? It ran 2 years ago...

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 13:38:43 »
Well, I joined GMK Birch and that set looks way better than this

1) This is your opinion. I'm glad you like the set, but it's totally irrelevant here.

2) Birch is a render. The set hasn't even been made yet, and the real colors are still TBD. Saying the set "looks better" off a render isn't realistic.

3) It's pretty ****ty to go into other GBs and say "well [BLANK] looks better". It's poor form. Similar to going to twitch streams, and talking about other streamers. Rude.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 March 2021, 13:45:43 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 13:41:08 »

1) This is your opinion. I'm glad you like the set, but it's totally irrelevant here.

2) Birch is a render. The set hasn't even been made yet, and the real colors are still TBD. Saying the set "looks better" off a render isn't realistic.

3) It's pretty ****ty to go into other GBs and say "well [BLANK] looks better". It's poor form, and kind of ****ty. Similar to going to twitch streams, and talking about other streamers. Rude.

+1

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 14:44:37 »
The numbers don't necessarily reflect the quality of the set. It's running against one of the most popular set in the hobby after 2 months of other popular rereleases. People just don't have the money to buy it. I know I don't.

Offline UselessStemCell

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 17:43:20 »

3) It's pretty ****ty to go into other GBs and say "well [BLANK] looks better". It's poor form, and kind of ****ty. Similar to going to twitch streams, and talking about other streamers. Rude.

+1

+2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 18:23:39 »
p3 is the good red so i might jump on this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 19:43:59 »
for good classic sets: Oblivion, Night Runner, etc.

ohhhh kayyyy

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 05:30:55 »

Well, I joined GMK Birch and that set looks way better than this. Heritage or not, this old colorway will always be shadowed by many good sets with very modern colors currently in ICs or GBs. There are good classic and mediocre classic, I think RA belongs to the latter; for good classic sets: Oblivion, Night Runner, etc.
I apologize for this stupid comment, it's rude and should be not spoken.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 08:49:29 »

I apologize for this stupid comment, it's rude and should be not spoken.

Well I tip my hat to you sir for your congeniality.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline Arulan

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 11:39:06 »
I've only been in the hobby for a little over a year (aka still waiting on GBs), and just registered to say this has to make it. This set is gorgeous. It's also the first time I've opted-in for a RAMA Artisan.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2021, 11:42:26 by Arulan »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 14:02:33 »
for good classic sets: Oblivion, Night Runner, etc.

This has to be a troll right LOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 15:24:33 »
This has to be a troll right LOOOOOOOOOOL

I guess he meant "modern classic"

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 04:43:55 »
Think its more a mix of it being pretty expensive and having many other options to buy other sets. In general it seems more nostalgic for the actual buyers while many newer people or even older might just prefer something that is different than what was up beforehand like this set

Offline break

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:58:49 »
Wow, uh. Hi everyone! Thank you all for the lively discussion.

I think it is absolutely okay to say the following things:
  - GMK Red Alert is a classic set in various senses: beige, simply-designed, pairing well with all sorts of muted keyboards (gray, black, white, tan).

- GMK Red Alert lacks some of the character of some newly-popular sets, like GMK Night Runner's amazing legends or GMK Oblivion's IDE-influenced modifiers or the incredible groundbreaking chairs of GMK Birch ;)

- GMK Red Alert is also not a new classic, like some of the sets completing or running R2 now (Dots, Striker, Bento).

We're at an interesting and fun place right now: meme sets like Handarbeit and Dots are popular enough to justify re-runs, pastel sets are selling gangbusters, other sets become successful thanks to gamers. Things didn't look like this even two years ago when I first joined the hobby, much less in 2015 when GMK Red Alert last ran.

So...RA is none of these, and that's okay. I'm running RA as a service for the people who really want it. If you like it, support it. If you don't, support whatever you like. We're all on the same team. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 12:10:34 by break »