Author Topic: [GB] ePBT 6085 | Shipping!  (Read 63197 times)

Offline rookybomb

Re: [GB] ePBT 6085 | April 15 - May 16
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 19:47:37 »
Such a classic look

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 10:58:10 »
Damn I really hope the D60Light makes MOQ

I just received confirmation from KBDfans that the D60light will still be produced even if we don't hit the stated MOQ  :thumb:.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 18:26:19 »
Damn I really hope the D60Light makes MOQ

I just received confirmation from KBDfans that the D60light will still be produced even if we don't hit the stated MOQ  :thumb:.

I was thinking this would be the case, great news. I purchased on day one of course, it looks pretty cool.

Offline Casta-

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 14:14:51 »
Ordered this as my first custom keycap set! Really enjoying the looks and grateful for the nordic support. Cheers.  :thumb:

Offline stevits

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 01:55:38 »
Oh come on, it's not even 12 yet.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 23:46:04 »
Thank you to everyone who has shown their support for this set! I just got the final numbers from all vendors this evening, so you can expect some cool graphs from Dvorcol soon  ;).

Also, all vendors will be picking up extras - so if you missed the GB, there will be opportunities in the future to pick up a set.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:07:47 »

More
<-- without extras

Offline UnicornCables

• Unicorn Cables
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 18:35:43 »
Classic, love it!

Offline namidettje

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 05:34:03 »
Can't wait to have them  :thumb:

Gj mate

Offline log

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 21:45:11 »
Thank you to everyone who has shown their support for this set! I just got the final numbers from all vendors this evening, so you can expect some cool graphs from Dvorcol soon  ;).

Also, all vendors will be picking up extras - so if you missed the GB, there will be opportunities in the future to pick up a set.

This is great to hear, I missed this set by two weeks.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 12:57:55 »
Hi Everyone! I'm pleased to announce that the first round of samples in on it's way to me:

Once I have the samples in hand I'll review them and give an update.

Also, KBDfans is providing a color sample for the D60light for my approval as well.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 04:59:38 »
Hi Everyone! I'm pleased to announce that the first round of samples in on it's way to me:
Show Image

Once I have the samples in hand I'll review them and give an update.

Also, KBDfans is providing a color sample for the D60light for my approval as well.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Looking gud!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 18:15:34 »
Hi everyone, apologies for the radio silence on GH. I've been busy with the set and some other irl things. I've been making updates on my discord, but just in case you haven't joined the server, here's the TL;DR:

I've reviewed the samples sent by KBDfans. While things look alright overall, there are a number of things that need to be addressed:
  • The alpha and mod keycap colors are both not quite right. I've requested another round of color matching.
  • The alignment of the NorDeUK keys don't match the alpha keys from the base kit. I validated that the alignment is good in my file, and this is a manufacturing side issue. I've asked that this be addressed before production.
  • The alpha legend color came out slightly more brownish than anticipated, I've adjusted the color in the design file to hopefully mitigate this. Another sample for this will be needed as well.
  • The samples sent to me were using the wrong homing keys - I received the old scooped + barred keys and and keys without scoops or bars instead of the new scooped only and barred only keys. I asked KBDfans to ensure that this is corrected for production.
  • The stepped caps lock key has the same issue as all previous ePBT sets where the stem placement is slightly off which causes the key to sit slightly more to the right than it should. The key is still perfectly functional, but I was led to believe that the new molds would address this issue. I've brought this up to KBDfans to see what can be done (if anything) to address this.
  • The D60Light sample is pretty far off from the pantone reference. I've requested another color sample from KBDfans.

I'm still awaiting a response to most of these points listed above. KBDfans requested new color references because the original keycaps sent to them were lost. It also seems that the reference keycaps I sent to Rama were also lost in shipment. I've sent new sample keycaps to both parties.

I'll be sure to continue to update the thread as things progress. Thank you all for your patience.

Offline Liub

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:37:49 »
Thank you for an amazingly detailed update.

Offline U47

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 16:53:18 »
Kicking myself that I somehow missed this, but if anyone is having second thoughts and would be willing to sell their spot on to me, please get in touch..

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 04:48:09 »
Kicking myself that I somehow missed this, but if anyone is having second thoughts and would be willing to sell their spot on to me, please get in touch..

Make yourself known to the vendor in your region.  There should be some extras so keep your eyes peeled and your wallet ready.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline dexie

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 10:00:12 »
Any updates since June?
ISO Life

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 10:24:30 »
Any updates since June?

Hi sorry, I've been posting updates in my discord. I'm currently waiting on the second round of samples from KBDfans.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 22:57:59 »
Copy paste directly from my last update in Discord:

Summary of issues for the current round of samples:

- Some kits have duplicate/missing keys. This could be just because these are sample kits, but I mentioned it to KBDfans anyway.

- The NorDeUK keys still don't quite align with the alpha/num row keys in the base kit.

- Front printed legends on some keys are off-center

- The non-barred 5 key from the numpad isn't scooped like it should be.

- The alpha legend color still looks wrong. I've requested new samples with a few different colors to try and get the color closer to my expectations.

KBDfans has since ordered the new alpha legend samples.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 12:02:12 »

New alpha color samples have arrived. The top is from R2, A and B are from this round and an OG sample is on the left. I'll be honest, getting a decent color match for this color has been challenging, especially considering the substrate isn't a pure white. I chose sample B because it was the closest to the target color, but it does skew slightly more purple and is a little darker. If I'm being honest the differences in shade and hue are really only noticeable when looking very close up. In the end, I think this color is a good representation of what I was going for and what is presented in the renders - I truly hope you all like it. I've spoken to Wei concerning the other issues with alignment / missing keys and I think we're good to move forward with production. I'll update you all when I have more info.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 December 2021, 12:06:18 by nu_types »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 12:03:45 »
I'm an idiot and quoted my own post

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
Re: [GB] ePBT 6085 | Production Update!
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 19:15:53 »
Big update: KBDfans has estimated production to be complete by end of January!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:04:56 »
Update:

Just got word from KBDfans that the set is still currently in production. That said, I dont expect these to start shipping before CNY even if production finishes this month. At this point I'm thinking more along the lines of late March / early April.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 23:28:38 »
Thanks for the regular updates. Hoping I can grab a set from extras.

Offline Starius

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 06 February 2022, 12:21:52 »
I missed this the first time around.  I'm glad more are being made, I'm thinking I might pick up a set for my NCR-80 keyboard. 

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 08:59:08 »
Hey guys I just noticed that I really messed up and somehow didn't order a Stop key.  :-[ :'(
This set has alway been my dream, and one of the reasons I never ran my GB for it was because I didn't have a solution to produce that key.
If anyone ordered an extra and is willing to sell or if there any other options to get my hands on one please let me know

@nu_types
Thanks for all the updates with the GB!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 14:12:50 »
Hey guys I just noticed that I really messed up and somehow didn't order a Stop key.  :-[ :'(
This set has alway been my dream, and one of the reasons I never ran my GB for it was because I didn't have a solution to produce that key.
If anyone ordered an extra and is willing to sell or if there any other options to get my hands on one please let me know

@nu_types
Thanks for all the updates with the GB!

Np! All vendors purchased extras, so hopefully your regional vendor will have some available.

UPDATE: KBDfans recently notified me production is now estimated to complete sometime in March. This makes sense as Skadi is wrapping up production now.

I also finally got an update from Rama - the estimated completion time for production is 2-3 months. While I was hoping for production to be further along, I'm glad to at least have an ETA now.

Also, I tend to post these updates on Discord first, so if you want to be updated ASAP I suggest joining my Discord. I also have some more photos of the samples there. That said, I will continue posting updates here, they'll probably just be a little delayed.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 10:56:46 »
Awesome, I'll try to keep an eye out for extras of the Stop key

Offline sctang

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 09 May 2022, 12:37:47 »
edit: nvm checked discord for updates. sorry!
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2022, 12:39:47 by sctang »

Offline caronte0

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 13:03:23 »
KBDfans recently notified me production is now estimated to complete sometime in March. This makes sense as Skadi is wrapping up production now.

What is the current state of the gb?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 23:04:42 »
KBDfans informed me that production has completed for all but one of the kits. After they receive everything, they're going to QC things and start organizing fulfillment. I suspect this will take another month or two.

Meanwhile, Rama informed me at the end of May that production for the metal artisans should be complete in early July.

It seems as though that we're finally in the home stretch! Thank you for your patience everyone. I look forward to people finally getting their hands on the set  :).

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
Re: [GB] ePBT 6085 | Shipping!
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 23:01:22 »
If you ordered your set from KBDfans you may have received a shipping notification, or better yet, received your set! Yes, it's finally here :D.

I'd expect regional vendors to start shipping their orders in a month or so (once they receive their orders).

Now for the not so great news:

Rama informed me on Monday that they expect production to complete by early/mid July (to be fair this is in-line with the latest timeline they gave me). At which point they'll QC and start shipping the artisans to vendors. This unfortunately means that orders with Rama artisans will not ship from vendors until they receive their stock, but hopefully *knock on wood* most people will have their Rama caps by August.

Thanks again for your patience everyone. This GB took about twice as long as projected to deliver, but I'm very thankful to see that people are finally getting their hands on the set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2022, 23:05:16 by nu_types »

Offline zekth

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 05:12:22 »
Excellent!

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 14:57:41 »
Serika 2, Amethyst, and now this? Very nice.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 12:34:28 »
Alright, I have a bit of mixed news:

After I saw some production Cyrillic kits in the wild, I noticed that the sublegend alignment on the scooped F and J keys looked noticeably off. I spoke with KBDfans, and they confirmed the issue with a set they had on hand. It seems that ePBT adjusted the design file to prevent interference when dyesubing the barred keys and used the same modified legends for the scooped keys in error. Fortunately, KBDfans has already gotten ePBT to agree to remaking the keys for replacement.

The Hiragana kit does not have this issue.

What's next:

If you purchased a Cyrillic set, contact KBDfans and they'll send you replacement scooped homing keys. If you purchased from another vendor they will likely wait until they've received the replacement keys to ship.

I'm waiting to hear back from KBDfans regarding a timeline, but hopefully since it's a small subset of impacted keys, it should be fast. I will keep everyone updated on this.

I'm sorry for any additional delay this may cause for your order, and for the numerous delays that this set has already had. I'm incredibly frustrated myself, and just want everyone to have what they paid for. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

That said, I do have good news. Rama received the metal artisans from the manufacturer and should be starting to ship them to vendors for fulfillment.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 August 2022, 12:36:15 by nu_types »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 22:35:39 »
Have any other vendors started shipping? Keyspresso hasn't updated their Group Buy status section in 3 months....  Only purchased base and novelties.  Wonder if I'll have to wait until the other kits get fixed. 

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 23:03:12 »
Have any other vendors started shipping? Keyspresso hasn't updated their Group Buy status section in 3 months....  Only purchased base and novelties.  Wonder if I'll have to wait until the other kits get fixed.

As far as I know the other vendors haven't received their orders yet. I'll post an update once I hear otherwise.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 22:28:14 »
KBDfans informed me earlier this week that they received the replacement F and J keys for the Cyrillic kit and that they they'll be shipping them to vendors ASAP. Also, Keyspresso has received their shipment and has begun processing orders that don't have the Cyrillic kit. I have not received word from other vendors on the status of their orders.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 09:06:04 »
 :thumb: Appreciate the communication

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 01 November 2022, 19:22:19 »
Hi everyone, just wanted to let everyone know (if they don't already) that all vendors have at least started fulfilling their orders. I believe KBDfans, Prototypist, and MyKeyboard have some extras. Other vendors should have limited extras available once GB orders have been fulfilled. Thank you again for your patience and support! I hope you all enjoy the set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 November 2022, 19:25:26 by nu_types »

Offline Nuap

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 19:14:38 »
Is there still an ongoing issue with RAMA's for this set?

DailyClack recently said that they finished shipping "ePBT 6085 (Except for orders with RAMA Caps)".

I was wondering if other vendors have their RAMA caps?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 23:56:08 »

DailyClack recently said that they finished shipping "ePBT 6085 (Except for orders with RAMA Caps)".

I'll reach out to Daily Clack on Monday to check on this.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 23:08:39 »

I'll reach out to Daily Clack on Monday to check on this.

Hey nu_types, what's the latest on this?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 17:06:49 »
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Keyspresso has listed their extras at GB prices:
Caps
Deskmat
D60Lite