Author Topic: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipping to buyers  (Read 107217 times)

Offline MiguelFg

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Legend color approved, green light for production
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 18:15:43 »
Finally, looking good!

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 23:08:20 »
Oh man, the samples are looking GOOD. Excited!

Offline strike_formation

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Pre
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 06:06:34 »
[Update]

Received pre-production keycap samples from KBDFans. Everything looks to be in order. Legend color has been approved. I will be giving them the green light for production.

Please enjoy some pictures and excuse my lack of photography skills:

Show Image

Show Image

Nice samples! One question. Is the F button both scooped and barred together?

Offline stomaha

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 06:07:21 »
Puuuumped. Any idea what this means for expected delivery schedule?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Pre
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 08:00:26 »
[Update]

Received pre-production keycap samples from KBDFans. Everything looks to be in order. Legend color has been approved. I will be giving them the green light for production.

Please enjoy some pictures and excuse my lack of photography skills:

Show Image

Show Image

Nice samples! One question. Is the F button both scooped and barred together?

Yes, they have every combination of homing key imaginable. Production will have the traditional one set scooped and one set barred.

Puuuumped. Any idea what this means for expected delivery schedule?

No ETA yet unfortunately.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 04:13:21 »
Contacted kbdfans, they said they're waiting news from the factory. Nothing new

Offline ale210

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // June 14 to July 14 // MOQ Met - Last Call!
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 05:44:16 »
Just a friendly reminder that if you've been interested in this set, we're entering the last several hours of this GB!

Hi friend,

I lost this GB, my bad. I've very insterested in this GB (in specially the Spanish extras), how I can stay in touch in if case there extras? Do you have Discord?

Regards!

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 16:15:28 »
Just a friendly reminder that if you've been interested in this set, we're entering the last several hours of this GB!

Hi friend,

I lost this GB, my bad. I've very insterested in this GB (in specially the Spanish extras), how I can stay in touch in if case there extras? Do you have Discord?

Regards!

I do not have a Discord, but keep an eye on the vendors for extras once the set delivers!

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 05:51:27 »
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline AnonymousPlatypus

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 10:47:38 »
The samples look amazing !!

Offline strike_formation

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 15:25:28 »

Can you take some pictures with keycaps on boards with different colors? Doesnt need to  fill whole board. Just wanna see how it matches. :)

Offline ale210

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 01:26:40 »

Hi friend,

Regards!

I do not have a Discord, but keep an eye on the vendors for extras once the set delivers!

Thanks anyway I really need this set haha

Regards!

Offline Ursäkta?

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 07:50:39 »
any idea how long it takes from the point it is queued for production, looked a couple of other ePBT seemed to be around 6 months, anyone has experience on that?

Offline eseefix

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 10:33:20 »
Probably the end of this year ?

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 20:40:20 »
For those interested, from the manufacturer directly:

QC and packaging will be starting next week (2022-09-17)

Seems like it's gettin' closer!

Offline Ursäkta?

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 04:19:14 »

okay thanks!

For those interested, from the manufacturer directly:

QC and packaging will be starting next week (2022-09-17)

Seems like it's gettin' closer!

What is QC if I may ask?

Offline Ursäkta?

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 04:19:34 »

okay thanks!

Offline Freed

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 04:24:23 »

What is QC if I may ask?

QC = Quality Check

Offline Ursäkta?

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 05:33:04 »

What is QC if I may ask?

QC = Quality Check

thanks! So that means production has been done and they just need to quality check? that is nice!
Was expecting something similar to "Production in progress (2022-04-01)" to pop up before.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2022, 05:35:21 by Ursäkta? »

Offline Ursäkta?

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 02:04:32 »
Update from KBD:

Some keys need to be reproduced (2022-10-14)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 22 October 2022, 21:35:56 »
Update from KBD:

Some keys need to be reproduced (2022-10-14)

Yes, it was discovered after some QC that some keys needed to be remade. My sincerest apologies for the delay, but we're making every effort to make sure we get it right.

I've taken the opportunity to correct a couple legends in the Nomad kit, specifically the R2 (R3 in GMK) 1.25u Control and 1.5u Function keys were converted to icons to match the R2 1.75u Control key in the Base kit.

I'll update again when I have a concrete completion date, but it seems like KBDFans has been pretty good with the updates on their website, so you might hear it from them before me.

Thank you for your continued patience.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 October 2022, 21:53:47 by Fredington »

Offline eseefix

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Some keys being remade
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 05:47:25 »
Thank you for the news!

Offline LuckyLuckCA

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 07 November 2022, 17:20:46 »
Thanks for keeping us updated! Also, does this mean that fulfillment would most likely be Q1 2023?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 07 November 2022, 20:19:53 »
Thanks for keeping us updated! Also, does this mean that fulfillment would most likely be Q1 2023?

Possibly. Unfortunately, ePBT is currently being affected by China's zero-Covid policy and the resultant shutdowns, and it's impossible to say right now when they'll be able to resume operations.

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 06:07:10 »
Keygem (EU Vendor) updated me for the first time since the GB started months ago with a DHL tracking number, why?

Offline HammerDie

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 06:18:59 »
I just received an update from the EU vendor (Keygem) about the shipment of the set :)

Offline Freed

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 06:54:33 »
Me too, Waow  !
On keygem, a DHL tracking  :)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 22 November 2022, 10:38:33 »
Scandi has arrived at some vendors and shipments have begun!

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 04:39:18 »
Scandi has arrived at some vendors and shipments have begun!

Can you please post a photo of diffèrent sets under normal light conditions ?

Offline ivanoban

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipments starting to go out to buyers
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 04:43:50 »
I just received my set from Keygem and I see some changes from the original renders:

I don't see the 1u Fn key and the 1.25u Meta is now a 1.25 Fn key... are these correct ?
I've also received duplicated keys for the F13, End, B, stepped caps lock and the marked key in the below image:

https://imgur.com/a/036lFPE

Can you please carify if the duplicated keys are there because of the QC issues you mentioned in a previous post ? I don't see any obvious flaws in any of them.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 05:15:01 »
I just received my set from Keygem and I see some changes from the original renders:

I don't see the 1u Fn key and the 1.25u Meta is now a 1.25 Fn key... are these correct ?
I've also received duplicated keys for the F13, End, B, stepped caps lock and the marked key in the below image:

Can you please carify if the duplicated keys are there because of the QC issues you mentioned in a previous post ? I don't see any obvious flaws in any of them.

Thank you ! Can you maybe post more close-up images of the set. Really would like to see the print quality. Compred to GMK how would you describe it ?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 08:40:06 »

Hi there,

Yes, after KEYGEM started shipping these out, we were informed by KBDFans that the replacement keys had not been completed. I have no idea why they decided to 1) ship out an incomplete set and 2) not inform the vendors that the set was incomplete. The keys you're referring to are part of the group that needs to be made/remade. KEYGEM and any other vendors who have already shipped out the sets will send out the replacement keys once they've been completed. Sorry for the confusion/inconvenience. It really is a baffling situation to me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2022, 08:51:34 by Fredington »

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 08:54:46 »

Yes, after KEYGEM started shipping these out, we were informed by KBDFans that the replacement keys had not been completed. I have no idea why they decided to 1) ship out an incomplete set and 2) not inform the vendors that the set was incomplete. The keys you're referring to are part of the group that needs to be made/remade. KEYGEM and any other vendors who have already shipped out the sets will send out the replacement keys once they've been completed. Sorry for the confusion/inconvenience. It really is a baffling situation to me.

That happens. But otherwise looks like the printing quality is good; I would like just to see a close shoots before I buy, especially the azerty kit. Thanks in advance

Offline ivanoban

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 09:14:53 »

Hi there,

No worries at all! I am happy with my set and how it turned out  :)

So for the base kit... 1u Fn and 1.25u Meta need to be made, and the duplicated keys are just a mistake made by kbdfans/epbt ?

I guess KEYGEM is already aware of this, but I will reach out to them just in case.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2022, 09:47:37 by ivanoban »

Offline ivanoban

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 09:23:49 »

That happens. But otherwise looks like the printing quality is good; I would like just to see a close shoots before I buy, especially the azerty kit. Thanks in advance

I don't have an azerty kit but the overall printing quality is good:
https://imgur.com/a/CShsAmh

Don't use my photo as reference for colors as I have very poor light conditions.

Offline MiguelFg

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipments incomplete, replacement keys still being made
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 10:42:51 »

This is what I received. Didn't know about what they did about sending an uncompleted set, oh well... Atleast they're gonna send it eventually, I hope...

So far quality seems ok. I feel like I received different duplicated keys unlike @ivanoban? I don't see a duplicated F13 or the '- - -' one. But I have Pgdown 4 TIMES?, delete 2 times, ... And I have a 1u Fn.

Also the dark brown Fn which was supposed to be Meta.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2022, 10:47:14 by MiguelFg »

Offline ivanoban

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:32:31 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is what I received. Didn't know about what they did about sending an uncompleted set, oh well... Atleast they're gonna send it eventually, I hope...

So far quality seems ok. I feel like I received different duplicated keys unlike @ivanoban? I don't see a duplicated F13 or the '- - -' one. But I have Pgdown 4 TIMES?, delete 2 times, ... And I have a 1u Fn.

Also the dark brown Fn which was supposed to be Meta.

Your x2 Delete keys are fine 'cause they're for different rows (r4 and r3), but you have one duplicated PgDn, the set just includes 3 for r3, r2 and r1.

Hmm, here is my base kit: https://imgur.com/a/N9uftU5 Then I guess they've also did a poor sorting process as my 1u Fn is missing. My numpad and spacebar kits seem fine.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:39:47 by ivanoban »

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 12:23:23 »
Your x2 Delete keys are fine 'cause they're for different rows (r4 and r3), but you have one duplicated PgDn, the set just includes 3 for r3, r2 and r1.

Hmm, here is my base kit: https://imgur.com/a/N9uftU5 Then I guess they've also did a poor sorting process as my 1u Fn is missing. My numpad and spacebar kits seem fine.

That sucks. But if he said that they are replacing the keys that you don't have, maybe my Fn was good but yours was bad and they are remaking it? Like some came out good but others don't so they are being made again or something. I don't know, seems like unprofessional to send different sets of the same product if that's the case.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 03:56:07 »

I don't have an azerty kit but the overall printing quality is good:
https://imgur.com/a/CShsAmh

Don't use my photo as reference for colors as I have very poor light conditions.

Thank you very much. The quality is good indeed. It's not as thin as GMK but one of the best "azerty-including" sets out there. More or less the same print quality as 21Kb, maybe slightly better.

Offline TrondKF

• ISO-NorDe Fan
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 04:02:39 »
Any news?
I see people start getting their kits? Is there any issues with the NorDe kits?

Offline HammerDie

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 04:08:27 »
Yesterday I put the Sandi keyset on my Discipline. Here some photo:

I try to add more photos later:
https://imgur.com/a/wqifRbZ

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 07:18:46 »
Yesterday I put the Sandi keyset on my Discipline. Here some photo:

I try to add more photos later:
https://imgur.com/a/wqifRbZ

Thank you, very nice keeb and keycaps. I just wish the legends were slightly thinner...

Offline TrondKF

• ISO-NorDe Fan
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 01 December 2022, 08:57:09 »
Okay, what keys did have to be remade? Just so I can understand why my kit is delayed... Was it any of the base kit or NorDe? If not, why haven't those been sent out?

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 01 December 2022, 12:30:33 »
I received my set from keygem, and it's missing two keys, R1 1u Delete and R4 1u Fn, I hope they can sort it out... I really need those keys, and this is the only es-es set that I have  :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 01 December 2022, 15:39:38 »
I received my set from keygem, and it's missing two keys, R1 1u Delete and R4 1u Fn, I hope they can sort it out... I really need those keys, and this is the only es-es set that I have  :(

Sheesh.  Bad caps to be missing.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 10:34:39 »
The kitting here and on the IC shows Meta 1.25 keys. The kitting @ kbdfans and Keygem shows Fn 1.25 keys.
When was it changed ?

Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 14:20:22 »
Received my kit in the mail. It looks like there may be an issue with the stepped caps lock key not being aligned. Did anyone encounter this issue?
Photo example:

294250-0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 14:28:52 »
Received my kit in the mail. It looks like there may be an issue with the stepped caps lock key not being aligned. Did anyone encounter this issue?
Photo example:

(Attachment Link)

Oh man.  That's a stinker.  Hope we can get that cap remade if that's the case with all of them.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 14:40:54 »
The alignment issue affected my stepped caps and control keys so (unfortunately) it may be broader than a one off issue.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 15:46:26 »
The alignment issue affected my stepped caps and control keys so (unfortunately) it may be broader than a one off issue.

Well, I guess we know now that these are using new molds (or possibly new factory).  Do they feel the same in texture to other ePBT sets?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2022, 15:52:51 by pixelpusher »