Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1612693 times)

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6550 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:21:53 »
So sorry for the necto post but..

I've been inactive for a number of years and I JUST realized I payed out for a few assembled GH60s like a lifetime ago and never got anything.  I see WFD went MIA.  Mashby was supposed to be taking care of the ConUS shipments? and he's MIA.  So I'm assuming I'm pretty much boned at this point? 

I just want to confirm, so I can move on from this **** show of a GB.

No prob bro, there are still a good handful of hopefuls... any updates @hoffmanmyster?

Still no word from mashby, sadly.  :|  I do still have extras as I mentioned last year, and am hoping to return to this in the near future.  Last summer and fall were pretty busy for me (wedding and all that), and I simply didn't have the bandwidth to make progress on this or any other keyboard project.  I feel terrible about that and want to get whatever I can wrapped up sooner than later, and appreciate everyone's patience.  It's been an interesting ride for all of us. 

Thanks for the update! It really does mean something, considering the journey this has taken. I'll check in, in a couple weeks again haha.

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6551 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 16:27:57 »
So sorry for the necto post but..

I've been inactive for a number of years and I JUST realized I payed out for a few assembled GH60s like a lifetime ago and never got anything.  I see WFD went MIA.  Mashby was supposed to be taking care of the ConUS shipments? and he's MIA.  So I'm assuming I'm pretty much boned at this point? 

I just want to confirm, so I can move on from this **** show of a GB.

No prob bro, there are still a good handful of hopefuls... any updates @hoffmanmyster?

Still no word from mashby, sadly.  :|  I do still have extras as I mentioned last year, and am hoping to return to this in the near future.  Last summer and fall were pretty busy for me (wedding and all that), and I simply didn't have the bandwidth to make progress on this or any other keyboard project.  I feel terrible about that and want to get whatever I can wrapped up sooner than later, and appreciate everyone's patience.  It's been an interesting ride for all of us. 

Thanks for the update! It really does mean something, considering the journey this has taken. I'll check in, in a couple weeks again haha.

Same here!  Keeping the hope alive!!

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #6552 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 19:29:06 »
Is there a copy of the original GB order?  I know I bought a few pre-assembled ones and never received anything either. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6553 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 15:53:34 »
Is there a copy of the original GB order?  I know I bought a few pre-assembled ones and never received anything either.

There is a copy, but it contains a lot of personal info so I won't link it here.  You purchased 3 PCBs and ANSI 1.5x plates, assembled with an assortment of switches.  Your order was in mashby's grouping, which has still not been fulfilled (I haven't heard from him since the last time he responded saying he wanted to finish this up himself rather than have billnye take it over). 

I still owe everyone here an update about what I have left over so we can at least get some of you fine people your orders...  :-[ 

Offline netdevil

« Reply #6554 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 18:31:01 »
Still waiting on my order. 6 years and 2 persons that i paid assembly fees to later......

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6555 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 18:43:08 »
It was 6 years already? Not a surprise that GH's popularity is declining.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6556 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 21:48:02 »
Still waiting on my order. 6 years and 2 persons that i paid assembly fees to later......

Looks like you were in the Europe group, which I believe was handled by bunnylake?  Did you ever hear from him or anyone else about it?

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6557 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 16:22:12 »
No better day to raise from the grave... any updates?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6558 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 20:46:53 »
Once again I will offer to do the shipping for this group buy over my winter break. I will be back home doing an internship between December and March and would gladly ship the orders that mashby has. This is my last year of undergrad, so this is probably the last chance I will have a block of time that I can confidently volunteer my time.

Seems weird to say it was almost two years ago the first time I offered to take over the shipping from mashby :)). He's active on twitter if anyone wants to reach out and try to get in touch with him.

https://twitter.com/mashby

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6559 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 15:23:13 »
Once again I will offer to do the shipping for this group buy over my winter break. I will be back home doing an internship between December and March and would gladly ship the orders that mashby has. This is my last year of undergrad, so this is probably the last chance I will have a block of time that I can confidently volunteer my time.

Seems weird to say it was almost two years ago the first time I offered to take over the shipping from mashby :)). He's active on twitter if anyone wants to reach out and try to get in touch with him.

billnye - thank you so much for your generous offer.  I will reach out to mashby by any means I have available and ask that he take you up on this.  It's high time that the remaining participants get the parts they've been waiting years for.  **** happens, things fall through the cracks, and it sucks to admit it - at some point it's time to call in some help.

Offline iMav

« Reply #6560 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 12:00:01 »
Once again I will offer to do the shipping for this group buy over my winter break.

:thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6561 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 11:50:38 »

billnye - thank you so much for your generous offer.  I will reach out to mashby by any means I have available and ask that he take you up on this.  It's high time that the remaining participants get the parts they've been waiting years for.  **** happens, things fall through the cracks, and it sucks to admit it - at some point it's time to call in some help.

No response.  :( 

I haven't forgotten about my promise to dig through my leftover parts from proxying, by the way.  I just moved house once again (hopefully for the last time!) and am still settling in.  Once that's all wrapped up, I will be cataloging what I do still have and offering it up here as an attempt to at least sort of almost make things right with those who have been proxy-neglected thus far. 

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6562 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 21:20:19 »
Would be nice to get at least one PCB/plate.
Russ

Offline gnubag

« Reply #6563 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 00:02:02 »
Would be nice to get at least one PCB/plate.

I still have several pcbs and plates (mostly universal ansi)
Let me know if you are interested to take them off my hands for the original price + shipping.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6564 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 14:44:21 »
any movement?

No response.  :( 

I haven't forgotten about my promise to dig through my leftover parts from proxying, by the way.  I just moved house once again (hopefully for the last time!) and am still settling in.  Once that's all wrapped up, I will be cataloging what I do still have and offering it up here as an attempt to at least sort of almost make things right with those who have been proxy-neglected thus far. 

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6565 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 21:02:03 »
I'm moving in July and won't be near mashby anymore to be able to pick up the boards and do the shipping. This is the last time that I can offer to finish his part of the shipping myself. If anyone has heard from him recently or knows how to contact him, please let me know and I am more than happy wrap up this group buy.

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6566 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 01:06:52 »
Still holding out hope!  7+ years and counting!

Offline Sotongball21

« Reply #6567 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 03:15:18 »
Still holding on to hope too... Anyone has any updates for international orders?

Offline netdevil

« Reply #6568 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 23:40:43 »
It has been 7 years. I keep getting passed from person to person ( last person bunnylake) Am I ever getting the GH60 i paid USD 250++ for ?

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6569 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 15:00:06 »
Unlikely I'd say. I'm in the same boat... pretty sure it's a write off at this point.

Offline korne

• comscan
« Reply #6570 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 21:30:16 »
I paid in 2013 for the following items...

-2x PCB (SMD presoldered) - $30
-2x bare PCB
- 1 universal ISO
- 1 universal ANSI
- 1x Cherry (PCB-mounted) stabilizers
- 1x Cherry (Plate-mounted) stabilizers

Never received them, what can i do, who should i contact. After several years i lost my hope, but i want what i paid for...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6571 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:42:31 »
Still holding on to hope too... Anyone has any updates for international orders?
It has been 7 years. I keep getting passed from person to person ( last person bunnylake) Am I ever getting the GH60 i paid USD 250++ for ?
<snip>
Never received them, what can i do, who should i contact. After several years i lost my hope, but i want what i paid for...

To all the EU people, bunnylake is the proxy who will be able to help.  I just pinged him and he should have a chance to post here sometime next Monday or so - he is out of switches and stabilizers (we all were under-supplied most of those parts), but does still have some PCBs and plates to take care of some/most (?) outstanding EU orders.

It's also likely he will have some extras when all is said and done, since not everyone replied to the messages, so may be able to help out some mashby refugees as well.  :thumb:

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #6572 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 16:50:40 »
mashby refugee here, pinging the thread. Have been checking up on this every couple of months for the last several years, holding out some small hope that it'd be made right at some point.

I wanted to work on a couple 60% builds recently, which reminded me again that I had a couple PCBs and plates ordered from this.

Offline Sotongball21

« Reply #6573 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 21:40:18 »
Thanks for the reply, i'll try to message bunnylake

<snip>

To all the EU people, bunnylake is the proxy who will be able to help.  I just pinged him and he should have a chance to post here sometime next Monday or so - he is out of switches and stabilizers (we all were under-supplied most of those parts), but does still have some PCBs and plates to take care of some/most (?) outstanding EU orders.

It's also likely he will have some extras when all is said and done, since not everyone replied to the messages, so may be able to help out some mashby refugees as well.  :thumb:

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #6574 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 00:49:30 »
Hey old timers, it's 2020 and sometimes I still wonder where our GH60 PCBs might be..

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6575 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 23:43:55 »
Anybody know if Mashby is alive?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6576 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 06:42:49 »
He is active on Twitter

https://twitter.com/mashby?s=21

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6577 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 23:00:28 »
Ahhh! Just tweeted him haha. Seriously, theses boxes gotta be somewhere right?

He is active on Twitter

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6578 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 20:31:58 »
just think, there were kids born at the start of GH60 who are now mid-way through 2nd grade
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6579 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 16:54:07 »
No dice.

Kinda wild this disappeared off the face of the earth. It’s not like somebody was selling a bunch of GH60s...

Some one just decided Nah, we ain’t doing this anymore. Kinda sad.

He is active on Twitter

Offline netdevil

« Reply #6580 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 23:38:16 »
It has been 7 years since I ordered my GH60. It was passed from person to person and each time I paid that next person assembly fees.

The money I have from $300 initial kit + assembly  fees x 2

The ppl who still replied my PM from last yr has stopped replying me.

This is a lost cause.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6581 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 19:04:39 »
Honestly? at this point I'm not even sure that the PCB would be any good even if I did get it. They do have shelf lives.

I'm calling it with netdevil. This feels entirely like a lost cause.

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6582 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 23:08:40 »
Still checking in from 2021!

Offline korne

• comscan
« Reply #6583 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 03:54:00 »
Hello, posting this message again...

-2x bare PCB
- 1 universal ISO
- 1 universal ANSI

Is there anyone who can assist me please?

I think i lost my money but i would like to get at least the parts to build 1 keyboard...

Regards
korne

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6584 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 16:25:29 »
Hello, posting this message again...

-2x bare PCB
- 1 universal ISO
- 1 universal ANSI

Is there anyone who can assist me please?

I think i lost my money but i would like to get at least the parts to build 1 keyboard...

Regards
korne

You wouldn't be the only here unfortunately.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #6585 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 10:41:54 »
It's my eight year anniversary since paying the invoice. Any minute now..

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6586 on: Wed, 27 April 2022, 15:12:13 »
TTT.

3223 days since the deadline for payment of 06/30/13, 30/06/13 for your internationals.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #6587 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 13:16:18 »
And I have never received anything. My first GB I participated in on Geekhack! I should have left then so I didn't spend so much money on keyboards. I can't imagine what it would be like if I stilled used a Logitech keyboard.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #6588 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:44:02 »
this group buy is what drove me from the site for 5 years.

I got burned on two group buys in like 6 months. out several hundred bucks.

its a shame. I was so excited about these.

I logged back into this site a week or so ago to check out what you guys were saying about the HHKB Hybrid.  Then today I remembered this group buy as its in the logo of the website. seeing all this here makes me sad.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:45:38 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline iMav

« Reply #6589 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 14:27:40 »

I logged back into this site a week or so ago to check out what you guys were saying about the HHKB Hybrid.  Then today I remembered this group buy as its in the logo of the website. seeing all this here makes me sad.

Note I ordered three and never received a single thing either...so, the failing of this group buy didn't discriminate.  Heck, I've never even seen one of these in person!  (was hoping that, someday, I'd at least get part of what I ordered.)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6590 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 09:32:22 »

Note I ordered three and never received a single thing either...so, the failing of this group buy didn't discriminate.  Heck, I've never even seen one of these in person!  (was hoping that, someday, I'd at least get part of what I ordered.)

Pretty much ditto.
Russ

Offline Omnias

« Reply #6591 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 15:39:26 »
Commenting so DrSchlock gets a notif

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6592 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 20:40:57 »

Pretty much ditto.

OG group buy bump!  I haven’t bumped in 3 years so I think I can, sad that got on the mashby list but holding out hope. 

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6593 on: Tue, 08 August 2023, 15:54:36 »
annual pilgrimage to beg. hoping for good health to those that are possibly sitting on these in storage or whatever.