Author Topic: [GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F  (Read 2333674 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:00:22 »
ctm I expect it to age better than the primary type of F foam I have seen.  There was also an original Ensolite type foam that I found in one of my 1984/5 XT's and one of my F77s that has aged very well compared to the other foam. 

I do recommend getting some extra foam with your order.  With the new foam I believe we have to worry more about loss of elasticity from it staying compressed inside the keyboard and not from general disintegration like the original foam.  The original foam reminded me of the foam used in 8 track tapes, almost all of which has disintegrated just with time and not as much due to constant pressure.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:52:59 »
I really want to get in on this now but I think I am going to wait until round 2 when I have more money at my disposal.

Ellipse, there is guaranteed to be a round 2 right?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:24:53 »
I really want to get in on this now but I think I am going to wait until round 2 when I have more money at my disposal.

Yup. The first round is for early birdies, us keyboard nerds. The second round will open right after and be open for ever and ever and ever. Or end of June of this year. Whichever comes first.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:33:28 »
A cross-post from my other thread due to an important update in the project:

PayPal approves my case!

Good news - I just called PayPal again today and they said they approved my case and will release the funds shortly.

So it is looking like the PayPal issue has been resolved and will not pose any potential problems for this project going forward!  My funds were frozen as a security precaution about a week or so ago.

The orders continue coming in and we still have 3 weeks left in the early bird round!  In the first week or so we passed over $40,000 worth of orders (including shipping costs).

Yes imtootallforthis there will definitely be a second round ending 6/30/16 with expected shipping in August/September.

I recommend getting in the early round if it is at all possible for you - I know I wouldn't like waiting an extra 4 months for something to arrive in the mail! 

One note that the early bird is not an inferior or "beta" version - it is the full version with the same specifications as the regular round. The "beta" versions were the two prototypes which came out great and fully functional (as shown in the YouTube video posted earlier) and are just getting some small adjustments to make them perfect (all of these adjustments will go into the early bird production units and the regular round units).

Here's the current approximate order breakdown:
64   United States
7   United Kingdom
6   Australia
3   Japan
3   Sweden
2   Canada
2   Netherlands
2   Korea, Republic of
1   Poland
1   Spain
1   Germany
1   New Zealand
1   Viet Nam
1   France
1   Austria
1   Hong Kong
1   South Africa
1   Indonesia
1   Ireland

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:18:22 »

Yup. The first round is for early birdies, us keyboard nerds. The second round will open right after and be open for ever and ever and ever. Or end of June of this year. Whichever comes first.

Hey I am just a broke keyboard nerd! I will justify it as a graduation present to myself when I order one in round 2.

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:41:10 »
I am looking forward to receiving my orders.

I think this is the most expensive groupbuy in the history of GH
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline Vizir

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 03:40:22 »
I have not placed my order yet. Still deciding on options...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 11:26:38 »

And almost most important. Reviving one of the most revered vintage keyboards with new parts by a single person--a feat to be remembered.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:03:59 »
Indeed, this is one for the history books.

...or for the wiki

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:15:13 »
Indeed, this is one for the history books.

...or for the wiki
Wiki you say?

Offline 3K

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:12:04 »
Is there any information about if it would be possible to combine shipping of orders or something?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline Quackles

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:06:30 »
I have not placed my order yet. Still deciding on options...

Same! I don't know whether to go industrial grey or black. I'm decided on the F77 though.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:27:15 »
I am looking forward to receiving my orders.

Do you know the lz fe GB? That is the most expensive GB for keyboard that I know.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:42:20 »
Funds are in Pending status with my bank. While they brood over that, I need to make up my mind what colors I want D: I was gonna Paint it Black, but now I'm leaning retro beige.

Is ISO Enter still a stepped key?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 18:47:36 »
Yep ISO Enter is stepped.

Offline cjhard

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:26:49 »
I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!
Beige F62 w/ ISO blanks and the screwy bumpers. I'll probably swing back for spare parts after the Feb 29 order ending.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:32:58 »
I am pretty excited about this, I joined in for a f77, most expensive single purchase since my GON. It's got me cautiously optimistic though, bad group buy experiences

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:55:13 »
Could always make new foam too, like we do with 'vintage' Model F's.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:37:37 »
So I am curious - who is waiting until the final round to place an order?  I'll make a note of it so I won't send you a reminder email the last week of the early bird round.  (cross post of interest to both IC and GB threads)

We have crossed $47,000 in orders (including shipping) after the first ~2 weeks!

Glod-in your experience what has gone wrong with your previous group buy experiences?  So I can try to avoid these issues.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:46:51 by Ellipse »

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 23:43:24 »
I am, waiting for slim case, and saving up so can order one of each without paying double shipping

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 01:24:32 »
I am pretty excited about this, I joined in for a f77, most expensive single purchase since my GON. It's got me cautiously optimistic though, bad group buy experiences

Just as long as you DON'T see anyone by the name of "Kin25" involved anywhere within this Group Buy, then you have nothing to fear  8) .

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 14:34:03 »
how do i add to an existing order so that it is in the same shipping as the keyboard and not lose my place, i wanted to add some parts and caps to my order

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 15:15:43 »
So I am curious - who is waiting until the final round to place an order?  I'll make a note of it so I won't send you a reminder email the last week of the early bird round.  (cross post of interest to both IC and GB threads)

We have crossed $47,000 in orders (including shipping) after the first ~2 weeks!

Glod-in your experience what has gone wrong with your previous group buy experiences?  So I can try to avoid these issues.

I am still in for the early round and will be chipping in a tooling fee as promised. Just waiting for the Paypal thing to fully clear out. Are we there yet?

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 15:17:36 »
Glod, I believe what you need to do is place the order, select local pickup, and say in a note that you want it combined with your previous order.

hashbaz, the paypal issue is cleared up.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:16:29 »
cross posted thread - I decided to start a separate thread as the other NYC meetup thread seemed to focus on a later meetup.  I'd be happy to bring the F62 and F77 for people to try at the later meetup as well, just in case this month is busy for you.

As I mentioned before, I'd like to set up a public meeting for anyone who wants to try out the Brand New Kishsaver F62/Industrial F77 keyboards in person in Manhattan.  I also invited two professional tech news writers to stop by and maybe even do a quick first look review (they are interviewing me on the subject of this project).

Who would like to attend?  Which days and times would accommodate most people do you think?

I was thinking Thursdays in the early evening, so how about Thursday 2/25 at 7 PM?  I think Mondays, Fridays, and weekends are too busy for most people.

Can anyone volunteer a venue to host the meetup?  Otherwise we can just meet in one of those indoor Privately Owned Public Spaces in the city.

I'd also invite attendees to bring their own keyboards for comparison if interested.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:35:40 »
hashbaz, the paypal issue is cleared up.

Ellipse, can you confirm this? Has your paypal account been unencumbered?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 19:01:18 »
hashbaz yes PayPal is no longer a potential issue.  Everyone please place an order if you want one of these keyboards!

I reported a few days ago that they approved me to continue using PayPal and that they would release my funds. 

A new update:  Unfortunately the PayPal agent I spoke with was not forthright - the one I spoke to a few days ago said my case was approved and the funds would be released "soon."  Recently I spoke with another agent and he said that I would have to ship the goods before the funds are released, which I have agreed to do.  This will not be a problem for me.   The keyboards should ship in April/May, not too long a wait.

I have contributed and will continue contributing my own funds to production because I believe that Model F's are the best keyboard for those who want the best typing experience.  It is fine if the funds to cover these expenses are paid back when the keyboards ship.

To eliminate PayPal for this project and prevent all the future funds from being frozen until they ship, I have applied for a merchant account and expect to use that in a week or so - they negotiate the reserve amount (if any) ahead of time so that all funds will not be frozen.  I will still accept PayPal though if someone insists on it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2016, 19:03:39 by Ellipse »

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 19:07:00 »
damn, thats a lot of money to be tied up. Hopefully no more paypal issues arise after the boards have shipped and you get your money! Thanks Ellipse for making the purchase of this a smooth one
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:01:29 »
I have no problem with using a direct merchant account. It's a shame PayPal can't act like a normal money processing system. I'm not sure why they always want to stick their nose in on these types of crowd funded projects.

Speaking of crowd funding, maybe in hindsight it would have been better to just go with Kickstarter, etc. They take a small cut up front, but this is literally their business model..

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:11:22 »
hashbaz yes PayPal is no longer a potential issue.  Everyone please place an order if you want one of these keyboards!

I reported a few days ago that they approved me to continue using PayPal and that they would release my funds. 

A new update:  Unfortunately the PayPal agent I spoke with was not forthright - the one I spoke to a few days ago said my case was approved and the funds would be released "soon."  Recently I spoke with another agent and he said that I would have to ship the goods before the funds are released, which I have agreed to do.  This will not be a problem for me.   The keyboards should ship in April/May, not too long a wait.

I have contributed and will continue contributing my own funds to production because I believe that Model F's are the best keyboard for those who want the best typing experience.  It is fine if the funds to cover these expenses are paid back when the keyboards ship.

To eliminate PayPal for this project and prevent all the future funds from being frozen until they ship, I have applied for a merchant account and expect to use that in a week or so - they negotiate the reserve amount (if any) ahead of time so that all funds will not be frozen.  I will still accept PayPal though if someone insists on it.

Thanks for the update. What is a merchant account?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:24:38 »
A merchant account is needed in order for a business to directly take credit card payments with no intermediary like PayPal.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:54:36 »
Yep that's right techno.  Kickstarter does take 5% though (an extra $15 or so per keyboard).  With a merchant account I just have to pay the credit card fees which is a few percentage points and a few hundred in upfront fees, but no Kickstarter fee. 

Also I don't think Kickstarter easily allows all of the dozens of possible combinations and accessories so that's why I chose to build my own site for this project - much easier than manual tracking of options for every order.

Last I checked we passed $49,000 in sales (with shipping charges)!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:57:29 »
I have no problem with using a direct merchant account. It's a shame PayPal can't act like a normal money processing system. I'm not sure why they always want to stick their nose in on these types of crowd funded projects.

Speaking of crowd funding, maybe in hindsight it would have been better to just go with Kickstarter, etc. They take a small cut up front, but this is literally their business model..

Paypal are just doing what is in the interests of their buisness as well as the customer. What if there was someone who organised and collected thousands of dollars for a group buy which that person had no intention of actually sending the product. That person pulls the funds out and dissapears what next? Paypal refund everyones money out of their own accounts, sure this has probebly happened in the past but it is just the sort of thing they are trying to prevent. They just do it in a way that limits the financial impact to their profit, if they decide to go into damage control after an event. This has the other desired effect of trying to keep people using paypal if something like that happens by offering some protection. There is also the side that a large sum of money may be raised and intended for illegal activites and this way there is time for it to be identified as such.

Of course we take it personally but it is just the way paypal is.

PS thanks so much Ellipse for your commitment to this project, it is truely amazimg.

Offline cjhard

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 21:07:19 »
Yep that's right techno.  Kickstarter does take 5% though (an extra $15 or so per keyboard).  With a merchant account I just have to pay the credit card fees which is a few percentage points and a few hundred in upfront fees, but no Kickstarter fee. 

Also I don't think Kickstarter easily allows all of the dozens of possible combinations and accessories so that's why I chose to build my own site for this project - much easier than manual tracking of options for every order.

Last I checked we passed $49,000 in sales (with shipping charges)!

You've put five figures into the project, and Paypal ties up another five figures, and now you're agreeing to ship the product against your own cash and be paid back when it's ready.

You are literally setting the benchmark for how we judge group buys. "Oh yeah, it's great, but he's far from topping Ellipse!"
What skills do I require to break into a career in your day job?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 00:25:55 »

Jeez Ellipse that is an epic amount of money to front the project all the way till shipment! Hope all goes well and thank you for the dedication.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 19:30:55 »
Thanks cjhard and atlas.  We are at the mid point of the group buy right now and have just two weeks left for everyone to get in their early bird orders!

Everyone who orders before the end of the month receives an early bird keyboard - you don't have to pay extra thanks to the early bird tooling volunteers.

We just crossed the $51,000 mark!  Now there are at least two well-known individuals in the tech world who have bought one of these F77/F62 keyboards!

A few days ago DT user bubblebobbler posted that he helped in getting Minecraft founder "Notch" to order a keyboard!  And the second individual has his own wikipedia page and is a major innovator who started in the early days of the internet.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 20:08:50 »
Thanks cjhard and atlas.  We are at the mid point of the group buy right now and have just two weeks left for everyone to get in their early bird orders!

Everyone who orders before the end of the month receives an early bird keyboard - you don't have to pay extra thanks to the early bird tooling volunteers.

We just crossed the $51,000 mark!  Now there are at least two well-known individuals in the tech world who have bought one of these F77/F62 keyboards!

A few days ago DT user bubblebobbler posted that he helped in getting Minecraft founder "Notch" to order a keyboard!  And the second individual has his own wikipedia page and is a major innovator who started in the early days of the internet.
Wow that's super cool! I think Notch is a buckling spring fan because he uses a Model M.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 10:05:07 »

Wow that's super cool! I think Notch is a buckling spring fan because he uses a Model M.

I remember back when he was still working on Minecraft and it was getting its ground that the first upgrades he did, besides his main specs, were getting Unicomps for everyone.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 11:07:50 »
Let's hope Notch likes the Model F revival so much that he bankrolls the creation of a whole new generation of 107 key and 87 key capacitive buckling spring keyboards with modern layouts.
Well, I can dream, anyway.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:59:53 »
romevi that is interesting.  What a great office that allows buckling spring keyboards!  Imagine the sound of lots of buckling springs is probably how many 1980s offices sounded!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 21:18:58 »
romevi that is interesting.  What a great office that allows buckling spring keyboards!  Imagine the sound of lots of buckling springs is probably how many 1980s offices sounded!

Yeah, he loved the original buckling springs! At the time I think it was only a handful of people working on the game, so I'm sure it didn't get too loud!

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 19:17:00 »
(cross post)  As I mentioned before (in the off topic thread), I'd like to set up a public meeting for anyone who wants to try out the Brand New Kishsaver F62/Industrial F77 keyboards in person in Manhattan.  I also invited two professional tech news writers to stop by and maybe even do a quick first look review (they are interviewing me on the subject of this project).

Who would like to attend?  Which days and times would accommodate most people do you think?

I was thinking Thursdays in the early evening, so how about Thursday 2/25 at 7 PM?  I think Mondays, Fridays, and weekends are too busy for most people.

I'd also invite attendees to bring their own keyboards for comparison if interested.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 22:06:18 »
Nooby question, as I've not had much experience with M's and F's, other than using a bolt-modded M for a bit and not really liking it much, and also trying out someone else's F briefly.  I definitely liked F more than M, but then trying the F coincided with also trying out dorkvader's magical beam spring board, which pretty much overshadowed everything else and remains my dream keyboard in terms of switch feel.  So, I'm curious about this fresh round of model F keyboards: are they going to be more or less the same in typing feel compared to the originals?  Is anything changing to make the switches lighter or conversely heavier?  If I've tried an old model F (I think it was an AT), should I assume this new keyboard be basically the same in terms of typing experience?  I guess I should wait until the official public meeting takes place and people post some opinion reviews.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 16:03:37 »
Photoelectric-yes they will be similar to the originals.  No two Model F's are the same though so it won't match exactly any specific Model F you've tried. If you go to modelfkeyboards.com you can see a comparison video with typing tests and sound.  The key force is the same as the originals.  Reviews of production units from the first round won't be available until April/May at the earliest, so if you're waiting until then, you won't get your keyboard until August/September (the final round closes 6/30).  The two prototypes are of excellent quality and functionality but they are being adjusted before the first production round.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 17:06:55 »
Photoelectric-yes they will be similar to the originals.  No two Model F's are the same though so it won't match exactly any specific Model F you've tried. If you go to modelfkeyboards.com you can see a comparison video with typing tests and sound.  The key force is the same as the originals.  Reviews of production units from the first round won't be available until April/May at the earliest, so if you're waiting until then, you won't get your keyboard until August/September (the final round closes 6/30).  The two prototypes are of excellent quality and functionality but they are being adjusted before the first production round.

Well that's good to know it closes on 6/30! I can now justify this as a birthday present too!

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 20:06:39 »
Is the inner foam made of some special type of foam, or just regular form that can easily get? If it's just regular form, I think it might be better to buy fresh foam and cut it myself in the future, if I ever need to replace the foam.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 11:07:11 »
ctm you can use different types of foam but I don't think you'll get the most even experience unless you use one of the factory-cut foams - they are precision cut for each barrel cutout/opening, so I would recommend buying extra foams.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:54:43 »
On the IC thread for this project I have posted the draft ultra compact case designs, in case anyone's interested. 

I am thinking of allowing people to order the smaller case even though a prototype is not yet in hand, so you can get the small case in time for the early bird round.  Or you can always order the smaller case in the final round, after prototypes have been photographed.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:09:27 »
First round orders close at the end of this month (2/29/16 is the last day to order one in the early bird round)! 

The final round closes 6/30/16 but you would need to wait until August/September for them to ship :(

130 F62 / F77 keyboards ordered - $58,000 total so far (including shipping)! 

Here's the current case color breakdown among the orders (some orders are for extra cases - 11 extra cases have been ordered so far):
41:  Off-white/beige
64:  Industrial gray
33:  Black
3:  Other

Interestingly only 17 black unprinted key sets have been ordered, but 33 black cases were ordered - I would have thought more black unprinted sets would have been ordered given the number of black cases people are getting.