Author Topic: [GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F  (Read 2333670 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #3100 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 21:21:02 »
Here are some great photos shared with permission from a user of the Russian-Hebrew-English set - nice colors and nice work by Zed on this special request layout.

289022-0
289024-1
289026-2

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #3101 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 09:37:26 »
Got my F62 yesterday to complement my F77. Have become more of a fan of the reduced layout since I figured out how to fit arrow keys in to the arrangement.

289033-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3102 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 13:11:13 »
Nice photo dc_in_sf!

I am posting with permission another nice photo someone sent me:  a customized Swedish-Finnish layout

289051-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3103 on: Sat, 16 July 2022, 11:43:56 »
Thanks to the final remaining keys going out to folks over the past month or so, they have been able to complete their custom layouts and I am glad that folks are sending me photos of their setups. Here's another nice setup I am posting with permission - a layout that includes black keys and dark gray keys:
289067-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3104 on: Sun, 17 July 2022, 21:24:52 »
Some more nice photos! Posting with permission from a user of Colemak and QWERTY who was wondering if the keys could take a few dozen removals/insertions if they switch frequently between layouts - any experience with the durability of keys? Mine are the same exact material as what IBM used (as relayed by an original Model F production supervisor, as noted before) so it should have similar properties.

289106-0
289108-1

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3105 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 22:21:00 »
And here's another great photo posted with approval - a customized UK set as well as the black unprinted set.

289197-0

Offline diazel

« Reply #3106 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:48:05 »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3107 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 22:01:32 »
diazel nice photo and setup!

NYC meetup?

Just reposting my note about asking if anyone is up for hosting a small new Model F / new Beam spring meetup in NYC in September or October. Please do PM me if you can help. It would be good for folks to be able to try out the new Model F and beam springs.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3108 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 12:51:10 »
OOPS!

So, funny story... I decided to mess around with my solenoid some today to try some different sounds.

At one point I had the case apart and the cable from the main board to the driver disconnected.  I told myself, remember that black goes on the left.  Welp, I had the driver turned over a few minutes later and sure enough inserted the cable upside down.  No smoke, but smelled the death of electronics immediately.

Keyboard works fine, but the solenoid no longer functions.

So, what did I fry?  The driver board or the solenoid?  The led lights up on the driver board but only with the solenoid detached.  I'm assuming whatever I fried makes it no longer pass the proper voltage?
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2022, 15:03:18 by pixelpusher »

Offline Rico

« Reply #3109 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 13:20:56 »
The solenoid is just an electro magnet, can be wired either way, so it should be good.
I'd say that the driver iPCB is dead.
The main controller PCB should be fine, as it is the one that provides current to the driver PCB.

Offline online

« Reply #3110 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 09:46:58 »
Is there anywhere I can find the QMK/Vial source code? Having a problem with combination keys locked up.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3111 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 09:59:53 »
Head over to the project web site - click manual - firmware section where you can clone the QMK git

Offline online

« Reply #3112 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 10:25:14 »
Head over to the project web site - click manual - firmware section where you can clone the QMK git
is this the URL? - http://purdea.ro/qmk_firmware/

looks like it's down. (or just me?)

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3113 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 11:33:32 »
Please follow the instructions in the manual to download it - they are for linux.  You can't use a browser. 

For Windows this may help but you may need to ask someone for more details:  download from https://git-scm.com/download/win

line endings-select to leave as is

no caching

to clone a git repo, use Git CMD

confirmed working 11/13/21 but it does not download the git version history needed to correctly compile (need to clone the full github.com qmk first to get these files?)

If someone could help improve the Windows instructions please let me know.

Offline online

« Reply #3114 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 16:35:53 »
Please follow the instructions in the manual to download it - they are for linux.  You can't use a browser. 

For Windows this may help but you may need to ask someone for more details:  download from https://git-scm.com/download/win

line endings-select to leave as is

no caching

to clone a git repo, use Git CMD

confirmed working 11/13/21 but it does not download the git version history needed to correctly compile (need to clone the full github.com qmk first to get these files?)

If someone could help improve the Windows instructions please let me know.

I don't know much about programming, so rarely use command line but I tried github desktop app, and it said failed to access.
Also tried 'git clone http://purdea.ro/qmk_firmware/' on Git Bash, came up with the same error - failed to connect.

Not sure if have I done anything wrong, can anyone please verify if the repo is still up?

Edit: It's back online now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 July 2022, 06:32:24 by online »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3115 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 11:11:22 »
The latest blog update has just been posted:  https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/blog/

Here are the first few paragraphs from the post:
***If you have a new shipping address please do email me to let me know your order numbers and the new address. Check your order email and our email communications (if applicable) to make sure the latest address I have on file for you is the correct one. If you’re waiting on your order to ship, please check the junk mail folder for shipping confirmation emails every now and then to be safe!

(As a brief update, the container ship arrived a few months ago and I have been busy mailing out lots of keyboards and will continue to go through the backlog. I expect to finish up this month (August) with all of the remaining keyboards and other orders in the queue (as of now, all the remaining 2021 and 2022 orders). Sorry I cannot provide estimates for any particular order in the queue as noted before; please see the below posts for additional details. Since I ordered a bunch of extra keyboards, there is still time to customize your Brand New Model F Keyboard and add on accessories like the First Aid Kit for future repairs, the new solenoid driver and extra hefty solenoid, the transparent relegendable keycaps just made from new molds, extra key sets and USB cables, etc.)

So far I have mailed out 1,487 Brand New Model F Keyboards since early April; we have about 400 keyboards remaining in the backlog.

Mini-meetup in NYC – September or October? Please email me ASAP if you can offer a space

I have been generously invited to speak about the project at the NYC office of a well-known tech firm. I’d like to schedule it for a Wednesday in September or October (leaning towards October), after I’ve caught up with the backlog. Their meetup is just for company employees; I was thinking of a mini-meetup open to the public on the same day in the late afternoon.

Is anyone willing to host a mini-meetup in Manhattan that would be open to the public? The space would need tables to show off any keyboards that folks bring there.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3116 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 18:43:48 »
My board has finally arrived today! So far, I'm happy with it. I still need to customize my layout, but don't expect that to be too difficult.

I also had ordered an extra vertical stabilizer insert to repair my Model M, which hasn't had a stabilized numpad enter for as long as I've owned it! However, the insert seems to stop much earlier than the ones I installed on the F77 repro -- is there some trick to the vertical inserts?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Gemini

« Reply #3117 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 07:38:28 »
You have to give the stabilisers a good push for the last few millimetres. Absolutely delighted with my board which I got a couple of weeks ago. Apart from one small issue which Joe resolved very quickly and professionally (missing component) it has just been plug and play for me. No issues with keys whatsoever. Important to note as on the forums here it can sometimes look like issues are common and to be expected but in reality they are probably the exception.

Anyway my question - I've bought myself a new macbook which has very limited port options necessitating the purchase of a usb dock. I'm looking at Caldigital's Element Hub which is powered. I'd be very disappointed if I bought this only to realise that the keyboard won't work off it. Anyone have an ideas whether it should be okay?

Also an unrelated query for the technologically minded - can you run a DVI monitor through a thunderbolt 4 port these days? These Thunderbird ports confuse me they seem to be able to do anything?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 August 2022, 07:49:43 by Gemini »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3118 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 11:54:27 »
You have to give the stabilisers a good push for the last few millimetres. Absolutely delighted with my board which I got a couple of weeks ago. Apart from one small issue which Joe resolved very quickly and professionally (missing component) it has just been plug and play for me. No issues with keys whatsoever. Important to note as on the forums here it can sometimes look like issues are common and to be expected but in reality they are probably the exception.

This one seems to be stopping about 1cm out of the barrel -- what you're describing matches the experience I had installing the inserts on my F77. Will probably make a new thread and post there with more details.

Anyway my question - I've bought myself a new macbook which has very limited port options necessitating the purchase of a usb dock. I'm looking at Caldigital's Element Hub which is powered. I'd be very disappointed if I bought this only to realise that the keyboard won't work off it. Anyone have an ideas whether it should be okay?

I don't have firsthand experience with that hub, but I would expect no issues with a powered hub -- unpowered might be more troublesome, depending on what else is connected to said hub.

Also an unrelated query for the technologically minded - can you run a DVI monitor through a thunderbolt 4 port these days? These Thunderbird ports confuse me they seem to be able to do anything?

That should be entirely possible, with the right adapter. Thunderbolt carries displayport video, which is easily adaptable to HDMI/DVI signals. Many thunderbolt docks come with HDMI output, and you should be able to adapt that to DVI with an appropriate cable.

In addition to displayport, Thunderbolt can also carry PCIe or USB signals, up to a maximum total bandwidth. This means the ports are really flexible, and give really great options for more or less generic one-wire hubs/docks. But, this can also be confusing. For example, two different docks might both have ethernet ports, but one might connect that port via USB, and consume USB bandwidth, while another might use a PCIe ethernet chipset, leaving all the USB bandwidth for other attached devices like external storage.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3119 on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 12:07:19 »
APL key set:  is anyone up for drawing and aligning the APL key set's unique legends in Inkscape?  I don't want to bug Zed since Zed has already done so many key sets and there is little to no relative interest in the APL sets.  I'd like to make them in the classic IBM Orange as well as the more modern blue color. 

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3120 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:25:13 »
I'm trying to flash new QMK firmware to my F77. In the online configurator, I see special keycode options for 'Reset', 'Debug' and 'EEPROM reset'. Do any of these correspond to the QK_BOOT keycode that the documentation suggests is the appropriate way to enter the bootloader, or do I need to enter QK_BOOT as a custom keycode?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3121 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 21:12:39 »
I believe Reset enters the bootloader mode. 

The first 3d printed sample keys for the PC AT style enter, code key, and non-stepped ISO Enter key are being evaluated by the factory, and I expect to receive the mold quotation soon.  If the cost to add the PC AT and code key is minimal then I hope it can be added.

I expect to go with the wheelwriter style code key and wheelwriter-style PC AT enter key; this key should be backwards compatible if you use the new horizontal insert (I am not making the old rectangle style insert/post as this key is not an exact reproduction of the PC AT's enter key which appears to have been designed before the latest stabilizer insert design was finalized.  This PC AT enter key has no wire stabilizer, a standard horizontal key style post on the bottom left barrel, and no post on the top, same as on the wheelwriter.  The code key closely reproduces the wheelwriter version as well.

290262-0

Here's another great keyboard photo - this time of the new dark blue ultra compact F77 keyboard with the new production unprinted dark gray keys. Posting with permission.
290264-1

Offline Arkku

« Reply #3122 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 11:15:52 »
I'm trying to flash new QMK firmware to my F77. In the online configurator, I see special keycode options for 'Reset', 'Debug' and 'EEPROM reset'. Do any of these correspond to the QK_BOOT keycode that the documentation suggests is the appropriate way to enter the bootloader, or do I need to enter QK_BOOT as a custom keycode?

"Reset" is indeed the one that enters the bootloader.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3123 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 13:34:51 »
Here's an interesting F77 setup reported at Cult Of Mac:  https://www.cultofmac.com/787679/the-perfect-computer-doesnt-exist-setups/

Project update:

Meetup:  My presentation has been scheduled tentatively for 9/29, so if anyone can offer to host a meetup open to the public in the early afternoon on that date, please contact me (the talk is limited to company employees).

Under 400 keyboards left in the backlog!  These 2021 and 2022 orders should be going out over the coming weeks.  Then we can move on to the beam project!  I hope to receive the new beam sample in 1-2 weeks. 

Over 3,500 Brand New Model F keyboards have shipped so far. 

We are moving into the final round.  The final round is leaving the factory this month; the container shipment is expected to arrive by the end of October - this one has the other ~150 beam keyboards too, as part of the 300 keyboards of the first beam spring keyboard production round.  For the final round I ordered all variations of the keyboards and accessories in advance, based on the proportion of each variation ordered over the past couple years, so that everyone will likely be waiting only weeks for their keyboards as opposed to longer.  However costs are far higher across the board (!) so please expect pricing to be higher for these keyboards if you are not planning on ordering in the near future. 

I ordered lots of extras (first aid kits, inner foam, solenoid drivers and solenoids, key sets, custom keys, etc.) so feel free to pick up some of these items while they are still available. 

The final round changes are around the packaging only.  F77 classic case box sizes are reduced by about 40% and the styrofoam original-style packaging has been replaced with the newer foam style of the ultra compact cases.  The factory has too much F62 styrofoam still in inventory (the styrofoam mold makes both f62 and f77 at the same time and there were more 77's ordered than 62's) so you'll still get that for the classic style F62 keyboards.  The boxes still have the same artwork and double-walled construction quality.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 August 2022, 17:50:33 by Ellipse »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3124 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 10:51:29 »
I believe Reset enters the bootloader mode.

"Reset" is indeed the one that enters the bootloader.

Great, thank you!

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3125 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 01:42:34 »
Here are some nice floss mod and solenoid videos on YouTube - good quality sound!

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 August 2022, 01:44:20 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3126 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 10:40:30 »
Here's a nice in-depth article on mechanical keyboards featured on the home page of The New Yorker today - the Brand New Model F project is mentioned:

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/the-obsessive-pleasures-of-mechanical-keyboard-tinkerers

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3127 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 23:26:37 »
Venue request - NYC - 9/29 - one month from today:

Good news - my talk on the new Model F project has been finalized for Thursday Sept. 29 (limited to employees only of the major tech company that invited me) - just a reminder to see if anyone is able to host a meetup open to the public on that same day in the early afternoon in Manhattan - please PM or email me.  I could go through the presentation again if folks are interested (it will not be too long).   Hoping people can try out the new F and new Beam Spring keyboards, chat with each other, ask questions, etc.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3128 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 17:08:03 »
pandrew controllers note:  I have ordered 20 assembled pandrew 3178/122/AT/Unsaver type controllers from JLCPCB (I have USB-C 5V pro micro controllers as well, though you'd have to solder these as well as solder any header if needed (I have spare 90 degree and straight up header pins).  2 of these are for my recent 3178 Model F keyboards, of which one is for sale on the project web site.  Please do PM or email me if interested.

290941-0
290943-1
290945-2

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3129 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 22:39:11 »
Some more spring research tidbits -

Adjusting the distance between the bottom of the spring and the bottom of the nub of the flipper can oftentimes eliminate buzzing of the spring.  Sometimes it's too much distance; wiggling a fingernail in between to widen things can eliminate the buzz.  In other examples, moving the spring downwards can fix things.  That's why removing and reseating a spring can remove the buzz sound from the spring because it happens to be in a different distance with each installation. 

I also had some experiments done with a low number of hours in salt spray testing to see if the springs could be corroded and/or artificially aged.  Even with the springs left in for the full amount of the test (~10 hours or so - not enough for full testing) the new production springs did not visibly corrode.  Unfortunately there was no benefit to this artificial aging in terms of sound quality (though maybe the test was too brief) so no springs will be offered with this option.
290951-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3130 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 11:18:40 »
Fourth container shipment update (final round keyboards for F62/F77):

The forwarder picked up the shipping container.  This shipment should arrive to me in about 2-3 months (significant congestion in the port of NY and a major shortage of truckers from what I was told).  Below are some photos of the beginning of the loading stage (Only some of the boxes are visible in these photos but it will be a full 40' container).  Hopefully the factory will send additional photos later. 

290973-0
290975-1
290977-2
290979-3
290981-4

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3131 on: Fri, 02 September 2022, 10:28:10 »
Assemble your own new Model F Keyboard - any interest?

I have enough spare parts to offer about 40-50 keyboards unassembled (just the flippers and springs would be assembled).  Please PM or email me if interested and I can send details.  The savings would be very small compared to an assembled kit but it would be a fun project.  You would be issued a serial label and box label with a keyboard kit.

Offline Gemini

« Reply #3132 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 09:42:08 »
Hi Folks,

I would like to put a shorter cable on my F77 as its plugging straight into the front of a powered usb hub at the foot of my monitor. I haven't opened up the case. I'm guessing it is USB C inside? Is there anything I have to keep in mind before I purchase a cable?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3133 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 10:16:12 »
Assemble your own new Model F Keyboard - any interest?

I have enough spare parts to offer about 40-50 keyboards unassembled (just the flippers and springs would be assembled).  Please PM or email me if interested and I can send details.  The savings would be very small compared to an assembled kit but it would be a fun project.  You would be issued a serial label and box label with a keyboard kit.

This would have been fun! Unfortunately, a second one of these isn't in my budget :(

Offline beekey

« Reply #3134 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 04:31:22 »
Hi Folks,

I would like to put a shorter cable on my F77 as its plugging straight into the front of a powered usb hub at the foot of my monitor. I haven't opened up the case. I'm guessing it is USB C inside? Is there anything I have to keep in mind before I purchase a cable?
I just opened my F62 and it has an USB C connector on the onside.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3135 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 11:13:00 »
Gemini almost all keyboards shipped in the past year or more are USB-C (the earlier production keyboards were designed for micro-USB back before USB-C was as widespread).  For compact case keyboards you have to be careful as the opening will not fit all USB-C connector sizes.  For classic case keyboards there is more flexibility, though if a connector is too large it may not fit inside the case.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3136 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 18:15:54 »
As an update, the organizer of the Sep. 29th NYC presentation noted that the presentation should target about 35-45 minutes, it will be livestreamed on Google hangouts for Google employees only, and a recording will be attempted for later viewing.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3137 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 11:16:34 »
Venue request - reposting:  We are under two weeks away!  Is anyone able to host a keyboard meetup on 9/29 in the afternoon in Manhattan?  I have been invited to speak that day about the Model F project at a private event and was hoping to be able to show off the new Model F and beam spring keyboards publicly that day.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3138 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 17:12:45 »
Posting, with permission, another nice and unique setup, this time of the F62 classic style keyboard in Industrial Gray, with a customized split right shift layout.

291433-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3139 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 10:42:36 »
Another nice F77 classic case setup, sharing with permission.  I had to share it as it features my favorite pen.  I've been using Pilot Precise V5's for over 20 years.

291523-0

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3140 on: Thu, 22 September 2022, 17:11:40 »
NYC or Anaheim area meetup signup form

I expect to be in the Anaheim area on Sunday October 2 and should be free in the afternoon if anyone is interested in a meetup. I'll bring a new Model F F77 keyboard and maybe a few beam spring modules as well for folks to try out.  If anyone can offer a venue it would be much appreciated!

Also for those in NYC I am trying to put together a meetup in the late afternoon on Thursday September 29th if anyone has suggestions on a meetup space or can recommend one. Maybe Union Square Park? The parks seem to allow gatherings of 20-25 or fewer people without issue.

Please fill out this form if you hope to attend either event!

https://forms.gle/8ifJw4kCT7pVw3WM9

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3141 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 17:01:45 »
Today was the presentation in NYC on the Model F Journey - it was a great honor for the invitation and to see so much turnout and interest.  I believe about 100 folks tuned in, some in person and most through a live meeting stream from other company offices. 

My host hopes to be able to publicly post a recording of the talk at some point, which some folks have asked about.  It was a one hour presentation and Q&A session - lots of smart questions too. 

As a fulfillment update, as of now about 98% of the ordered keyboards have shipped so far (3900 out of 3990 or so), and there are also several hundred small orders from the past several months in the backlog.

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #3142 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 06:22:32 »
Got inspired by one of the previous posted youtube videos and put a badge on my F77, love the board with and without activated solenoid.

Collection: HHKB Pro 2 type-s, HHKB Pro 2, Evija, IBM SSK, F77, G80-5000, Corne V3, Nasu, W1-AT
Ordered: Safa, Crin, Glare

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3143 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 11:42:25 »
Today we reached a major project milestone - 4,000 keyboards ordered!

Posting with permission a nice F77 Industrial Gray photo sent to me.  The UK layout customizations include HHKB style split right shift, UK front printed keys and some blue Esc and cursor keys. 

The unique cable is from https://cablelab.co.uk/

291894-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 September 2022, 20:57:40 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3144 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 02:27:50 »
Any feedback or photos of folks using screw in bumpers on the ultra compact cases?

As an update the latest container shipment is expected to be delivered later this month. I hope to wrap up the backlog over the coming weeks.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3145 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 10:49:08 »
Here are two nice photos, reposting with permission:

First up is an Ultra Compact F77 with JIS keycaps from Unicomp (the top keyboard in the photo):
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/v11dgo/two_very_different_jis_mechanical_keyboards_ultra/
292396-0

And next up is an updated version of a keyboard posted last month with this description:  "Posting with permission a nice F77 Industrial Gray photo sent to me.  The UK layout customizations include HHKB style split right shift, UK front printed keys and some blue Esc and cursor keys."
292398-1

Offline chaucer

« Reply #3146 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 19:58:38 »
I like this old style

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #3147 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 11:32:14 »
Phone picture now that I have it where it will stay for now.

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 October 2022, 11:42:07 by Lu_e »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3148 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 19:30:12 »
The fourth container shipment arrived this week.  Now all variations and extras are in stock and the wait times should be 1-2 months for each order as opposed to the "made to order" nature of prior rounds. 

Also, the second half of the round 1 batch with the factory repaired beam springs arrived.  I will be replacing the other 150 or so keyboards' springs that arrived a while back, before the spring issue was discovered.  Of course if anyone wants to skip the line and replace the springs themselves that will also be an option (I expect to post a video). 

You may see that the new classic style zinc case F77s are in the smaller packaging, removing the styrofoam and saving about 40% of box volume, allowing many more keyboards to fit in the same space.  The styrofoam is still present on the F62 zinc case boards from this batch, while supplies last, as they made extras of these.

« Last Edit: Fri, 21 October 2022, 20:30:21 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3149 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 17:16:08 »
Here's a nice photo (posted with permission) of an F122 with custom legend keycaps:
292588-0