Author Topic: [IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]  (Read 186060 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Well it does seem like a *lot* of compromises are being made in this set just for the factory - at what point do you stop and say okay I'm not willing to compromise on almost-everything-except-standard-ANSI, time to find a new factory?
From what I gather, and the amount of time this set has been in IC, there is literally NO other option to get this set made without sacrificing design integrity. I'd much rather some compatibility be sacrificed rather than deterring from the original vision for the set.
This set can still be used in plenty of layouts, this thread is getting ridiculous.

Offline HotRoderX

Well it does seem like a *lot* of compromises are being made in this set just for the factory - at what point do you stop and say okay I'm not willing to compromise on almost-everything-except-standard-ANSI, time to find a new factory?
From what I gather, and the amount of time this set has been in IC, there is literally NO other option to get this set made without sacrificing design integrity. I'd much rather some compatibility be sacrificed rather than deterring from the original vision for the set.
This set can still be used in plenty of layouts, this thread is getting ridiculous.

Honestly it is sorta sad if people don't like it, they can easily go run there own keyset but then that means they have to do some work and couldn't just complain on the internet about not being the majority of users. I know personally I am happy to see this set made. I got a feeling it will easily meet MOQ with out the help of ISO users.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony

There is a very small minority of companies that can do 5-side dyesub as I can recall. Not many companies out there have the proper tooling to run such a set. The original factory the GB runner wanted, Keyreative, essentially ghosted him. TKC was our 2nd choice, and thus we had to make sacrifices as TKC doesn't have 100% of the tooling available.

If you know of any manufacturers that have a good reputation and QC, then maybe suggest them to the GB runner. I am sure he is doing his best given his options, even the OG designer got shafted on kits HE was personally invested in, which is a major disappointment if I do say so myself.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline sevenseacat

There is a very small minority of companies that can do 5-side dyesub as I can recall. Not many companies out there have the proper tooling to run such a set. The original factory the GB runner wanted, Keyreative, essentially ghosted him. TKC was our 2nd choice, and thus we had to make sacrifices as TKC doesn't have 100% of the tooling available.

If you know of any manufacturers that have a good reputation and QC, then maybe suggest them to the GB runner. I am sure he is doing his best given his options, even the OG designer got shafted on kits HE was personally invested in, which is a major disappointment if I do say so myself.

So maybe don't do 5-sided dyesub, maybe go back to somewhere like SP and do doubleshot. I'm sure he is doing everything he can yes, but with every change he makes, he makes more people unhappy that have been following this set for years.

I'm sure it'll be a success anyway, for some definition of success, when it finally does run.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 23:25:04 by sevenseacat »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙

So maybe don't do 5-sided dyesub, maybe go back to somewhere like SP and do doubleshot. I'm sure he is doing everything he can yes, but with every change he makes, he makes more people unhappy that have been following this set for years.

I'm sure it'll be a success anyway, for some definition of success, when it finally does run.
Do you understand how unbelievably expensive it would be to get these legends done in doubleshot? The set literally needs to be dye-sub.

Offline sevenseacat

They already exist in doubleshot, from the original DCS Sanctuary run. Not all of them, but most of them.

Offline mta

IIRC there really aren't any other factories who can pull this set off without major sacrifices. So waiting until such a factory is found (or waiting until someone develops the necessary tooling) and then switching yet again would mean putting this already heavily-delayed set back into limbo indefinitely, for the sake of a couple keys that typically struggle to sell well as standalone kits or only serve to increase the price for everyone else when folded into the base kit.

It's unfortunate all-around, but it came to this because Dymloslouire was ghosted by the previous factory (Keyreative), so now it's either proceed with a compromise that will still satisfy most people, maintain the intended design, and still cover a wide range of popular layouts... or have the set not get made at all anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 June 2019, 07:30:09 by mta »

Offline HotRoderX

They already exist in doubleshot, from the original DCS Sanctuary run. Not all of them, but most of them.

look at those kits they had zero support and fun fact SP who you said they should run it thought doesn't do ISO either... yep! Instead of complaining so much about this set go create your won and find someone willing to create it. Then go find 150-300 people to buy it.. Why not go ahead and include only ISO support you know. I mean seriously this is stupid at this point don't like the set move on. Unless your just a internet troll looking to cause Drama. I don't see people with Topre coming into the thread complaining about lack of Topre support. Want to have a non standard layout deal with not always getting the keys you need/want.

Offline sevenseacat

look at those kits they had zero support and fun fact SP who you said they should run it thought doesn't do ISO either... yep! Instead of complaining so much about this set go create your won and find someone willing to create it. Then go find 150-300 people to buy it.. Why not go ahead and include only ISO support you know. I mean seriously this is stupid at this point don't like the set move on. Unless your just a internet troll looking to cause Drama. I don't see people with Topre coming into the thread complaining about lack of Topre support. Want to have a non standard layout deal with not always getting the keys you need/want.

What on earth, ISO isn't a "non-standard layout". And SP does do ISO kits.

Offline OracleKev

the problem is that the factory we are working with didn't have the capability to make the ISO kit....
they don't have the ISO mold.
no mold, no keys.

Show Image

PLEASE UNDERSTAND!  Let's move on folks~  ;D

Offline HotRoderX

They don't in SA profile but do in DSA and DCS... either way it is what it is .. and yes ISO is a non standard layout when most the world and yes its MOST the world uses Ansi. ISO is a more standard layout then most but its still not what the majority of people use. Once again you completely ignored everything else I said which is still very much valid which tells me. That your only argument was pretty thin to start with. 

Offline sevenseacat

They don't in SA profile but do in DSA and DCS... either way it is what it is .. and yes ISO is a non standard layout when most the world and yes its MOST the world uses Ansi. ISO is a more standard layout then most but its still not what the majority of people use. Once again you completely ignored everything else I said which is still very much valid which tells me. That your only argument was pretty thin to start with. 

You're delusional. But anyway.

I'm still in for this set, though I'm still disappointed about the removal of kits like Colemak.

Offline Surefoot

yes ISO is a non standard layout when most the world and yes its MOST the world uses Ansi.
No.
ISO literally means it's an international standard.
Again, all of Europe uses ISO and that's a substantial part of the world.
Japan uses a further variation of it.
China and Russia use BAEK or ISO depending on where you are and how recent it is (i have worked on chinese Dell keebs that still use the BAEK)
Literally 3 countries use ANSI. There goes your "most of the world" which probably means "USA is most of the world"...

As for this kit, we'll give it a pass but if there's a 2nd run with more support for different layouts, it will certainly meet some success.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
Is it possible to take these arguments to PM? There is literally no value to them as the GB organizer has already stated that the manufacturer he has chosen doesn't have the molds for ISO layout.

If you guys want to suggest changing manufacturers, however, feel free to shoot the idea and hope for a response.

But please, for the love of kbs, take these arguments off the thread,

Thank you.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline OracleKev

Is it possible to take these arguments to PM? There is literally no value to them as the GB organizer has already stated that the manufacturer he has chosen doesn't have the molds for ISO layout.

If you guys want to suggest changing manufacturers, however, feel free to shoot the idea and hope for a response.

But please, for the love of kbs, take these arguments off the thread,

Thank you.

+1

Offline nguyenhimself

[deleted by me because I don't want to argue anymore]
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 June 2019, 12:43:09 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
Once again, gonna ask if you guys can please take this to PMs.

Offline MdotMaxson

I’ve never been so disappointed. Diablo 2 was the best video game I ever played. And I wanted this set so bad and it was looking good. Now this 1 kit fits all.... it reminds me of how I felt after the first day of playing Diablo 3. Biggest disappointment of my life.

Offline Yeoh

yes ISO is a non standard layout when most the world and yes its MOST the world uses Ansi.
No.
China and Russia use BAEK or ISO depending on where you are and how recent it is (i have worked on chinese Dell keebs that still use the BAEK)
Literally 3 countries use ANSI. There goes your "most of the world" which probably means "USA is most of the world"...

As for this kit, we'll give it a pass but if there's a 2nd run with more support for different layouts, it will certainly meet some success.

Even if that were true, its all completely irrelevant. This is a custom keyset designed primarily for custom keyboards. As a matter of fact iso barely exists in this hobby, and is very much a non-standard layout, whether you like it or not.

In any case, if you are going to give this set a pass, please pass by this thread in the future as well, as per the forum rules. Or stay and continue to reinforce the entitled reputation that whiny iso users are known for, and risk suspension/banning, I guess.

As far as the set is concerned, it looks great. I wish more sets were designed this way. Looking forward to it. Has anything about pricing been released yet?

Offline HotRoderX

No.

Even if that were true, its all completely irrelevant. This is a custom keyset designed primarily for custom keyboards. As a matter of fact iso barely exists in this hobby, and is very much a non-standard layout, whether you like it or not.

In any case, if you are going to give this set a pass, please pass by this thread in the future as well, as per the forum rules. Or stay and continue to reinforce the entitled reputation that whiny iso users are known for, and risk suspension/banning, I guess.

As far as the set is concerned, it looks great. I wish more sets were designed this way. Looking forward to it. Has anything about pricing been released yet?

Along time ago someone mentioned it follow the same pricing as DSA Drifter, but honestly that was a LONG time ago and just a rumor. I wouldn't expect it to be as expensive as GMK but I wouldn't expect to to be more then GMK if that helps at all.

Offline menuhin

No.

Along time ago someone mentioned it follow the same pricing as DSA Drifter, but honestly that was a LONG time ago and just a rumor. I wouldn't expect it to be as expensive as GMK but I wouldn't expect to to be more then GMK if that helps at all.

PBT Katakana was like $69-$89 for the whole set.
With more people after it, they probably want to earn more despite lacking support even within their capability (one can say there is no ISO mould and not wanting to invest in one, but how about adding just 4 or so keys to support more proper Planck layout - his can be done.)
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline menuhin

I’ve never been so disappointed. Diablo 2 was the best video game I ever played. And I wanted this set so bad and it was looking good. ...... how I felt after the first day of playing Diablo 3. Biggest disappointment of my life.

You like many who follow from Diablo I to II to expansion, can feel the difference in art work, style of game, music, atmosphere - everything. Blizzard North was the genius team that created everything for Diablo I and II, and Blizzard ended up making the decision of dismissing the team, and starting from sketch with a whole new totally different team, despite Blizzard North started developing Diablo III already. Ended up they created something to match the WoW and LoL kind of thing but totally lost their own signature soul.

I know how you felt...
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline HotRoderX

I’ve never been so disappointed. Diablo 2 was the best video game I ever played. And I wanted this set so bad and it was looking good. ...... how I felt after the first day of playing Diablo 3. Biggest disappointment of my life.

You like many who follow from Diablo I to II to expansion, can feel the difference in art work, style of game, music, atmosphere - everything. Blizzard North was the genius team that created everything for Diablo I and II, and Blizzard ended up making the decision of dismissing the team, and starting from sketch with a whole new totally different team, despite Blizzard North started developing Diablo III already. Ended up they created something to match the WoW and LoL kind of thing but totally lost their own signature soul.

I know how you felt...

I sorta agree with this, I was a Diablo 1 and 2 player. I felt the same way you both did when D3. Then played it and understood that while it might not be perfect it was better then nothing. 

Also the Blizzard North Team got screwed completely. They started working on World of Warcraft Burning Crusades but the higher ups didn't like it. They ended up scrapping it and bring in a new team. When that happened Blizzard north left. Least that was my understanding of the situation.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
Hey Dym,

Are we not getting this cap included in the new set?

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
Hi, Dym!
I saw two 1u "+" keys in the numpad kit, is this intentional?  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:48:53 by Tom_Kazansky »

Offline MdotMaxson

I would highly suggest removing the renders of the ortho linear keyboards from the IV being as you cut support. Kinda like false advertising and people who are new and looking for ortholinear will probably not understand that they were cheated out of this set.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Katakana supposedly shipping this week.  ;D

Offline sneaky101

So.. How is the Katakana looking?

Offline MdotMaxson

Good job on leaving out the 1u shift key. I literally hate ortho users too.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony

This community sure is something lmao

Offline Vigrith

This community sure is something lmao

I mean there are entitled people everywhere, especially niche hobbies.

Offline sevenseacat

Well this set has been in IC for... two years now? And we've not been able to give any meaningful input on the current one-kit proposal. I can see why they feel slighted.

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]
« Reply #582 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 23:17:50 »
Well this set has been in IC for... two years now? And we've not been able to give any meaningful input on the current one-kit proposal. I can see why they feel slighted.
>slighted
Seriously?
Well this IC has definitely given me new insights to self-entitled people who demand stuffs they have not paid any money for.
An IC does not guarantee that OP has to take your inputs into consideration. The same as how a Kickstarter pledge is not a pre-order.
People need to check their levels of expectations.
Also, there are enough keys for an ortho.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 July 2019, 23:22:32 by nguyenhimself »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #583 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 23:20:36 »
There are 16 1.0u R4 keys. More than enough for a grid ortho if you don’t mind incorrect legends.

Offline sevenseacat

An IC does not guarantee that OP has to take your inputs into consideration.

That's true. But that also entirely defeats the purpose of an IC.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #585 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 00:39:21 »

The purpose of an IC is literally in its name: Making sure there is enough interest to make it worthwhile to produce something in a bigger scale.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 July 2019, 02:07:45 by nguyenhimself »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus

(not entirely directed at you, just as a more general statement)

The point of an IC is to determine interest in a product, it is literally impossible to please everyone who has interest. Changes to a product are at the discretion of the creator/designer, and technically an IC has no requirement to take input into consideration.

No one is slighted in the creation of a product unless that is specifically stated as a point by which the creator/designer set out to create something. Saying some minority group was slighted due to the removal or lack of a cap, is false and an unnecessary statement. Feeling like everything should bend to the will of the vocal minority is ignorant. (not arguing about what is and isn't a minority group, that argument is only toxic as shown in many threads recently)

If you feel a product doesn't support what you wish, move on with your life. Lambasting someone because they didn't support your specific need is uncalled for, and down right toxic to the community.

Sometimes there are reasons beyond your knowledge that cause decisions, such as layout support, to be made even if they will exclude a group due to said decision. If you are not privy to this knowledge or actual reasoning, first think logically and either decide to walk away or politely ask for reasoning, if they can't give you an answer to your liking (even if logical, just not want you wanted to hear), walk away rather than going after them to change their mind (one of the least effective methods to get someone to change their mind as it is more likely to make them not want to even more).

The creator/designer of this set has made decisions on the support, it may not be inclusive to all possible layouts but that is literally impossible to achieve and it may be unfortunate for those left out, but respect the creators/designers decisions even if they don't agree with you. If you still wish to not show respect, you may leave as you are only being toxic and are not being constructive to this community or this product.

SO on that note, this is an IC not a battleground where you wish to express your disdain for the lack of support for your layout (even if it is a standard...that is a subset of another standard), if you are not interested, leave and live a happier life rather than arguing. I want to see this community have fun and grow, not be up in arms over something that is honestly not worth the time spent typing or thinking. Enjoy the hobby, as hobbies are for fun, not for stress.

Offline MdotMaxson

Such a good set with potential completely ruined. This still saddens me that someone had to destroy diablo 2 for everyone. I bet he was a duping hacker back in 2003

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Such a good set with potential completely ruined. This still saddens me that someone had to destroy diablo 2 for everyone. I bet he was a duping hacker back in 2003

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 July 2019, 09:27:43 by Kokaloo »

Offline KingOfMemes

(not entirely directed at you, just as a more general statement)

The point of an IC is to determine interest in a product, it is literally impossible to please everyone who has interest. Changes to a product are at the discretion of the creator/designer, and technically an IC has no requirement to take input into consideration.

No one is slighted in the creation of a product unless that is specifically stated as a point by which the creator/designer set out to create something. Saying some minority group was slighted due to the removal or lack of a cap, is false and an unnecessary statement. Feeling like everything should bend to the will of the vocal minority is ignorant. (not arguing about what is and isn't a minority group, that argument is only toxic as shown in many threads recently)

If you feel a product doesn't support what you wish, move on with your life. Lambasting someone because they didn't support your specific need is uncalled for, and down right toxic to the community.

Sometimes there are reasons beyond your knowledge that cause decisions, such as layout support, to be made even if they will exclude a group due to said decision. If you are not privy to this knowledge or actual reasoning, first think logically and either decide to walk away or politely ask for reasoning, if they can't give you an answer to your liking (even if logical, just not want you wanted to hear), walk away rather than going after them to change their mind (one of the least effective methods to get someone to change their mind as it is more likely to make them not want to even more).

The creator/designer of this set has made decisions on the support, it may not be inclusive to all possible layouts but that is literally impossible to achieve and it may be unfortunate for those left out, but respect the creators/designers decisions even if they don't agree with you. If you still wish to not show respect, you may leave as you are only being toxic and are not being constructive to this community or this product.

SO on that note, this is an IC not a battleground where you wish to express your disdain for the lack of support for your layout (even if it is a standard...that is a subset of another standard), if you are not interested, leave and live a happier life rather than arguing. I want to see this community have fun and grow, not be up in arms over something that is honestly not worth the time spent typing or thinking. Enjoy the hobby, as hobbies are for fun, not for stress.
I don't think anyone was being disrespectful. This IC has gone on forever and started with a bunch of layout support. That support has steadily declined. Criticism isn't toxic. Voicing disappointment isn't toxic. You are seeing criticism in this thread because every compatibility kit under the sun was offered at some point during this long IC. Other IC's typically don't offer kits at all, do so with MOQs, or only make minor adjustments to compatibility. If anything, I think this IC and all of the comments in it are one of the most valuable on GH. The amount of back and forth and opinion sharing and shaming shows exactly what happens when a very long IC for a hype set of keys loses a lot of compatibility.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 13:09:00 »
I only have myself to blame for replying here instead of just sit back and wait for the GB to start.
OP already gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why the kits were dropped. Stop being salty and move on.
I wonder if this has anything to do with this set being super gamer-adjacent. That definitely explains the self-entitlement and the unwillingness to, well, understand.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
I don't think anyone was being disrespectful. This IC has gone on forever and started with a bunch of layout support. That support has steadily declined. Criticism isn't toxic. Voicing disappointment isn't toxic. You are seeing criticism in this thread because every compatibility kit under the sun was offered at some point during this long IC. Other IC's typically don't offer kits at all, do so with MOQs, or only make minor adjustments to compatibility. If anything, I think this IC and all of the comments in it are one of the most valuable on GH. The amount of back and forth and opinion sharing and shaming shows exactly what happens when a very long IC for a hype set of keys loses a lot of compatibility.

I really am sick of calling everything on the internet toxic but i don't think it's right to voice dissapointment through passive agressive and whiney "feedback" while the reason has been communicated multiple times and is out of the control of the runner.

May I remind you again how the runner presented the update (highlights are mine):

GB very soon, but they changed the base kit because the new factory can't cater ergodox and 40s. sigh.
we're very annoyed as well  (as Jebbra is one of those 40s user as well) but we can't do anything about it.

fortunately it's TKC (not me) who's organizing this GB, so i hope they have a better communication than me!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Acereconkeys

I really am sick of calling everything on the internet toxic but i don't think it's right to voice dissapointment through passive agressive and whiney "feedback" while the reason has been communicated multiple times and is out of the control of the runner.

May I remind you again how the runner presented the update (highlights are mine):

GB very soon, but they changed the base kit because the new factory can't cater ergodox and 40s. sigh.
we're very annoyed as well  (as Jebbra is one of those 40s user as well) but we can't do anything about it.

fortunately it's TKC (not me) who's organizing this GB, so i hope they have a better communication than me!

We all wish the set would have been able to have more compatibility and while it sucks there's not much to be done :(.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Acereconkeys

We all wish the set would have been able to have more compatibility and while it sucks there's not much to be done :(.

Offline iSamurai

Can we close this topic until there is actual news from the OP or TKC? It is annoying to see new replies, opening the thread looking for news and seeing only children whining.

Inviato dal mio H8314 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

The irony :))

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
Long time lurker without registration. Still looking forward to this set!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
any clue what the date on this is now? seems like its been a week away foreva

Was supposed to be picked up 2 weeks ago. Factory claims they cant figure out how to call UPS and order a pick up. Got my rep to do it, factory labeled the packages wrong. Had to send them back 2x now. Been a pain in my ass. I think we finally got it all sorted now and should have them next week. Been in close contact with UPS rep to make sure we don't get stuck in customs. Hoping this is over soon and we can get these out to everyone.
...And then Sanctuary Rebirth starting soon?! 🙏

If we can get the quotes together in time and the marketing materials, yes, would be starting in the next 3-4 weeks.

;D ;D ;D

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
Hey OP any updates?  :)

Offline MdotMaxson

For everyone pointing to his comment saying he tried to accommodate ergo and ortho but the supplier can’t. Do you really believe that? Why can every keyset, at least every popular keyset I’ve seen in the last year support ortho but this cant? So we are using the one supplier that literally no one else uses because they all have ortho support.

To everyone calling us entitled for wanting support for our keyboard. I thjnk it’s more greed on the desiners side than entitlement on the feedback side. Like literally every keyset for the last year can support this and they can’t. At least throw us some GD blanks if you wanna be a **** and leave out ortho