Author Topic: [GB] GMK Metropolis ( COMPLETE )  (Read 163688 times)

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (3/4 kits at MOQ)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 05:58:05 »
Is there any chance the color sample will be provided before the GB ends?

GMK can be real slow, I wouldn't count on it.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:12:39 »

I want to know too  ;)

Offline nephlock

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:18:37 »

Trying to get samples in the weeks we have left is a bit too ambitious. Bento was able to start colors early as well, and only recently began receiving samples.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:58:08 »

Trying to get samples in the weeks we have left is a bit too ambitious. Bento was able to start colors early as well, and only recently began receiving samples.

Yea, it is highly unlikely that we will have color samples before this ends.

Offline prototype26

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:19:53 »
Is that so? I've joined in the GB, just hoping the final product won't be like GMK Phantom.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:22:13 »
Is that so? I've joined in the GB, just hoping the final product won't be like GMK Phantom.

I will be making sure that it doesn’t :)

Offline stuey138

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:06:22 »
Will we get another update on kit counts soon?  I'm interested to see how we're doing beyond the first few days.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:18:03 »
Quick update:

GMK has better accuracy matching to the RAL color space, so i have selected the chips that we will be using as our final color matching!

The Core Four:

Blue Black Comparison:

The caps below are GMK WoB, and SA Abyss for comparison.

Matching to these samples will get us most of the way there on accuracy, and then i'll be able to fine tune as the first production samples come in from GMK.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:22:23 »
Will we get another update on kit counts soon?  I'm interested to see how we're doing beyond the first few days.

I've updated the main post, but currently without extras and a few vendors information being 3+ days old, we are doing fantastic at

Base           350
Midnight      62
Signs          239
Blocks         156

Offline mgsickler

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (RAL Color Chips)
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:47:47 »

I've updated the main post, but currently without extras and a few vendors information being 3+ days old, we are doing fantastic at

Base           350
Midnight      62
Signs          239
Blocks         156

Also, just want to say that NovelKeys will buy out any missing sets to get Midnight to hit MOQ! :) although, I doubt we will need to by the end of the GB with the way the numbers are going.

Offline Dark3ndSoulz

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 23:36:02 »
Hey Mike! What's the possibility of producing yok pandas in metro blue black once the sets start shipping out?

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 01:48:50 »

Base           350
Midnight      62
Signs          239
Blocks         156

Also, just want to say that NovelKeys will buy out any missing sets to get Midnight to hit MOQ! :) although, I doubt we will need to by the end of the GB with the way the numbers are going.

Any possibilities of price drop at higher MoQ?  Particularly for Sings?  Want it, but hard to pull the trigger at 50 bucks  :eek:

Offline w3bb0

• Keyboard Moment
    • Breakpoint
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 06:14:31 »

Base           350
Midnight      62
Signs          239
Blocks         156

Any possibilities of price drop at higher MoQ?  Particularly for Sings?  Want it, but hard to pull the trigger at 50 bucks  :eek:
No price drops as far as I know apart from signs may go down to 56 euro for Europe, and if we hit moq more caps may be added as a bonus!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline piit79

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 06:26:37 »

...signs may go down to 56 euro for Europe...

That would be very nice. The signs kit seems to be disproportionately more expensive compared to the euro/dollar prices of the other kits.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline w3bb0

• Keyboard Moment
    • Breakpoint
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 06:27:16 »

That would be very nice. The signs kit seems to be disproportionately more expensive compared to the euro/dollar prices of the other kits.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk
That's what I have found to

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 06:53:12 »

Yeah, I mentioned that right at the start. It's the reason I'm staying out so far, since without Signs kit what's the point and with it it's bloody expensive...

Offline nephlock

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 07:18:46 »

Yeah, I mentioned that right at the start. It's the reason I'm staying out so far, since without Signs kit what's the point and with it it's bloody expensive...

We just got in contact with mykeyboard, and the novelties were set at 100 MOQ instead of 150. The pricing for those has been adjusted now :)

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:14:02 »
on Novelkeys.xyz the price of the base kit will be reduced?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:15:35 »

Nope. The only price getting adjusted was the signs kit on mykeyboard.eu. All other kits are correctly priced

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:32:35 »

Nope. The only price getting adjusted was the signs kit on mykeyboard.eu. All other kits are correctly priced

It didn't actually get adjusted tho  :(

Offline nephlock

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:43:39 »

I was told it was. But am also seeing the change not being reflected. Let me follow up again

Offline nephlock

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 15:19:34 »

It’s changed now! I was able to confirm as well. Sorry for mixup and the delay getting this fixed guys.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 15:33:34 »

It’s changed now! I was able to confirm as well. Sorry for mixup and the delay getting this fixed guys.

:thumb: Now that's a much better price, thanks!

Offline piit79

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 16:18:27 »

Sweet! Time to pull the trigger on Monday Thanks!

Offline nephlock

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (KEYFORGE UPDATE!)
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 14:14:56 »
Quick update for everyone! KeyForge caps are here! I've included a section on the main post outlining the details, but for those following along... these turned out AWESOME. Super stoked to have these to match the set!

Offline stuey138

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 14:17:32 »

Quick update for everyone! KeyForge caps are here! I've included a section on the main post outlining the details, but for those following along... these turned out AWESOME. Super stoked to have these to match the set!

HOLY SHIET, THOSE LOOK AMAZING. Hope I win the raffle to buy one.

Boop thock

Offline Depresso-the-clown

• yee haw
    • lmao it's literally just an instagram page
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 14:25:28 »
Glad the switch to RAL was an easy one, and the keyforge artisans looking so good! Hype!
:thumb:

Offline paulogdm2

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 19:34:09 »
Hello!
If I place an order from NovelKeys can I give the address when the GB is close to shipping?
Need to buy 2x Base 1x of the rest.

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 23:44:13 »
this shishi is so cool

Offline sitch

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 23:48:38 »
1 base kit = 1 entry for keyforge or irregardless of how manu set you purchase it still considered 1 entry?

Offline Jaycob_Creighton

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 07:27:09 »
Anyone have any idea how much one of the artisans will go for if you actually get a chance to buy it?

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 08:15:08 »
Anyone have any idea how much one of the artisans will go for if you actually get a chance to buy it?

Probably 70$

Offline Starius

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 08:18:52 »

Probably 70$

GMK Necro had a similar lottery process for a chance to purchase an exclusive Necro themed Fugu artisan by EatTheFood.
Those artisans were $80, and you bought them sight unseen - not knowing what they even looked like.  I'm glad we can see what they look like here in advance, because they're not cheap purchases!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:18:59 »
1 base kit = 1 entry for keyforge or irregardless of how manu set you purchase it still considered 1 entry?

This will be limited to one entry per person, and that a base kit is required for entry.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 20:06:26 »

This will be limited to one entry per person, and that a base kit is required for entry.

Since the ‘identifier’ is the order number, how do you ensure that a person with multiple order numbers is sieved out? Although, it would also make sense if people buying more sets are given more chances.

Also, the raffle is open for international folks as well yeah?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline nephlock

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 20:09:02 »

Since the ‘identifier’ is the order number, how do you ensure that a person with multiple order numbers is sieved out? Although, it would also make sense if people buying more sets are given more chances.

Definitely open for int’l peeps! We will get the order numbers from the proxies when we run the raffle :)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 20:10:36 »

I’ll be able to export orders in .csv to be able to check for duplicates.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 21:18:30 »
Joined! Great set hopefully i can get that artisan xD
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline majikfx

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 23:37:27 »
This is my first GB. Loving the set and also want a chance at those Keyforge caps as they look fantastic!

Offline ian13

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 22:41:18 »
Closed my eyes and clicked Authorize Purchase. My wallet packed her things, including my cc, and left me for good. Why oh why..

Jk, excited for this set! Hope the colors turn out good!  :thumb:

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 04:29:03 »
When will Raffle be opened?
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 06:05:16 »
Quick little numbers update. Some numbers are outdated from proxies. But here are the totals without extras being purchased.

Base - 524
Midnight - 101
Signs - 367
Blocks - 248

With extras we are looking pretty close with the current purchase rate to hit 1,000! If we hit 1,000 base, Nephlock will be brainstorming some keycaps to add to the base kit.

Thanks to everyone who joined so far. This is a really exciting GB for us to be a part of!

Offline geekit

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 10:22:17 »
2U left shift please :)

ePBT Slate base set is a good example.

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 11:29:53 »
Raffle needs to hurry up! I need to know If I win an artisan or not! XD

Offline shammy1260

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:46:08 »
My first group buy! keeping my fingers crossed for the raffle, any word on when it'll open?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:46:55 »
My first group buy! keeping my fingers crossed for the raffle, any word on when it'll open?

Trying for tonight or tomorrow! Just need to make a few form adjustments. Stay tuned!

Offline stuey138

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:47:41 »

Trying for tonight or tomorrow! Just need to make a few form adjustments. Stay tuned!
Will the raffle randomize sculpt or will there be a separate raffle for each sculpt.

Boop thock

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:53:59 »
How many units are we looking at? Is it going to be typical keyforge qty? Trying to figure out how bad my odds are Haha.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 19:09:28 »

Will the raffle randomize sculpt or will there be a separate raffle for each sculpt.

Boop thock

Sculpts will be random.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 19:20:25 »
In for a base, midnight and blocks. Hopefully the artisan too ;) Will the people who won the raffle just be emailed by the email they purchased with? Sorry, I'm sure you are sick of answering questions about the damn artisan, lol.

EDIT: Also my first post and first group buy, huzzah!