geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Staggered/Columnar/Ortholinear analysis?

<< < (4/4)

ak66666:

--- Quote from: nevin on Thu, 19 January 2023, 07:46:28 ---@ak66666 - what does your current iteration look like? curious to see what you ended up with.

--- End quote ---

Other variants are on thumbsup.shop

ak66666:

--- Quote from: FrederickWood on Wed, 31 December 1969, 18:02:47 ---Can you provide a detailed explanation of the design choices and features incorporated into the keyboard, including the inspiration and starting point of the design, the specific elements that were focused on such as neutral arm and hand positions, reduced hand and finger movement, columnar and vertical stagger, thumb operation on a maximum of two keys each, and any other notable considerations such as cursor and mouse placement, default tenting and key wells and curvature that can be imitated with PCBs, and the final design stability and any further improvement planned?

--- End quote ---

I put together some ideas on the keyboard layout here:
https://www.allthingsergo.com/case-study-one-approach-optimizing-ergonomic-keyboard-layouts/

For the physical design I haven't got such notes, not as a single paper, but rather as replies on Reddit. Probably will consolidate them in an article some time soon enough.
For the new designs I have very little new ideas. Mostly it is about implementation, different MCU, split versions.

As for the history of development you may see how it evolved here: https://www.thingiverse.com/ak666666/designs

nevin:
@ak66666 - that's a brilliant idea for multilevel keyboard, and impressive that the risers/connectors are part of the matrix. very, very, smart / unique. two big thumbs up!

ak66666:

--- Quote from: nevin on Sat, 11 February 2023, 22:38:22 ---@ak66666 - that's a brilliant idea for multilevel keyboard, and impressive that the risers/connectors are part of the matrix. very, very, smart / unique. two big thumbs up!

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version