geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Zowie Celeritas + Blank Filco Keycaps, would that work out?

(1/3) > >>

nrd:
Hello geekhackers (and sorry for any bad English, I'm trying my best),

after reading a ton of reviews and forum discussions and wiki articles, I finally ordered a Zowie Celeritas as my very first mechanical keyboard (and allow me to say, geekhack really is an invaluable source when it comes to keyboard-related research).
The only thing I don't like about the Celeritas (as far as looks go, didn't receive it yet) are the F9-F12 keys with the clear parts for the LED to shine through. They look out of place and I really don't want to have to look at that red LED all day long, so I was wondering if I could use those blank, black Filco keycaps to replace the F-Keys on the Zowie Celeritas.

I've seen a Celeritas with red(?) WASD keys here on the forum, but now I can't locate the thread anymore and I can't remember where those keycaps came from. But I do remember that not all four keys fit perfectly (I think some have been too high compared to the original ones?) - if that's the only issue, it shouldn't be a problem for the F-keys, since they form a block/row on their own and if I buy a whole set of keycaps, I'll probably end up replacing the whole top row anyway.

Yup, that's pretty much my only question right now: Do the Filco keycaps fit the Zowie Celeritas?
Thanks in advance :wave:

4LI4Z:
I can not promise but normally they should fit because the keycaps very similar.

IvanIvanovich:
Any aftermarket mx keycap set should fit, with exception of the enter key if you have the bigass version. If you have an ISO version, there are a few keysets available in ISO. Any single keycaps will fit, but like you know some have a different height that the stock zowie caps.

nrd:
Thanks for the answers!

--- Quote ---Any aftermarket mx keycap set should fit, with exception of the enter key if you have the bigass version. If you have an ISO version, there are a few keysets available in ISO.
--- End quote ---
Yes, I've ordered the Celeritas with a German layout and if I decide to keep it, I'll order the 105 Key Keyset to get rid of the ugly F-keys - looks like the Enter key from that set should fit, too.

Ha, can't wait :bounce:

4LI4Z:
Yes the German enterkey should fit. Have fun with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version