geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Zowie Celeritas + Blank Filco Keycaps, would that work out?

<< < (2/3) > >>

pascoa341:

--- Quote from: nrd;388883 ---Thanks for the answers!

Yes, I've ordered the Celeritas with a German layout and if I decide to keep it, I'll order the 105 Key Keyset to get rid of the ugly F-keys - looks like the Enter key from that set should fit, too.

Ha, can't wait :bounce:
--- End quote ---

Did you keep the keyboad and change the keycaps in the end. I thought the Filco spacebar would not work with this keyboard.

nrd:
I did keep the keyboard (because it's great!) but have not changed any keycaps yet because I'm waiting for custom ones from WASDkeyboards - no point in paying for two sets if I only need one :smile:

Yes, the space bar would not fit, but since the original space bar is already a blank, black key I didn't see a problem with that. Even if the key profile would differ slightly (and I'm not sure if it would), the space bar is right on the bottom and in the middle and never gets in the way of any other fingers than the thumbs, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

monked:
holy **** this WASDkeyboards website looks awesome ^^
so... "hast du da nun ein ordentliches board oder keycaps bekommen für ein deutsches tastaturlayout?"

nrd:
Crap, totally forgot about this thread, sorry...

Nope, don't have any key caps yet since the WASDkeyboards layout editor doesn't support all special characters I need (or even basic ones like Ö, Ä, Ü and so on) - right now it's impossible to create a complete German layout through their site (plus they don't carry ISO Enter keys yet). But they will start selling keyboards with a 105 key ISO layout, so I hope they get the editor sorted out till that point as well - would only make sense.

But the Zowie Celeritas really is a great keyboard, very solid, very nice and clean feel and look and I love the brown switches for typing and gaming. I can really only recommend this keyboard. Got it for 118€ through amazon.de, it's a bit expensive but at least you can try it out and send it back if you don't like it easily and if you do keep it, it will last you a very long time, that's for sure. Very solid board.

monked:

--- Quote from: nrd;416235 ---But they will start selling keyboards with a 105 key ISO layout, so I hope they get the editor sorted out till that point as well - would only make sense..
--- End quote ---

any idea when this will happen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version