geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Loose key caps?

(1/2) > >>

Quarzac:
I was toying with my new Leopold when I noticed that several of the keycaps in the f-row, number row, and navigation cluster were very loose. Like, could be pulled off with 2 fingers and little force loose. The stems don't seem to be broken, and the caps are the stock ones that came with it, according to the GHer I bought it from. Any easy fix for these, or should I just buy a new set of caps?

cactux:

--- Quote from: Quarzac;428066 ---I was toying with my new Leopold when I noticed that several of the keycaps in the f-row, number row, and navigation cluster were very loose. Like, could be pulled off with 2 fingers and little force loose. The stems don't seem to be broken, and the caps are the stock ones that came with it, according to the GHer I bought it from. Any easy fix for these, or should I just buy a new set of caps?
--- End quote ---

I am able to easy remove my FILCO keycaps with 2 fingers.

Ask the #1 expert in the galaxy, what is the (min, avg, max)  load required to pull a keycap (each row) for Leopold/FLICO boards?

Cheers

daerid:
On my MJ2 Tenkeyless, the PBT caps from imsto are super tight. However, on my full size MJ1 (both boards are browns, mind you), every single cap went on without any friction. I could hold the board upside down and most would fall off.

Quarzac:
So... This is normalish? I guess I won't worry about it. Though I plan to get a set of keycaps from WASD at some point in the near future.

whiskerBox:
I had this problem with the RGB double shot set, the stabilizer inserts wouldn't stay in the shift keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version