geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5955/6065) > >>

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 28 March 2023, 04:16:51 ---I'm planning to buy Amiga Mini, I hope that one looks better on new lcd.

--- End quote ---

What are your favorite Amiga games? I've played around a little bit with the Amiga core on MiSTer and love the system but don't always know what to play. Any recommendations?

PS, highly recommend the MiSTer for your Amiga-emulating needs if you're ready for that kind of commitment.

phinix:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Thu, 30 March 2023, 11:17:00 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 28 March 2023, 04:16:51 ---I'm planning to buy Amiga Mini, I hope that one looks better on new lcd.

--- End quote ---

What are your favorite Amiga games? I've played around a little bit with the Amiga core on MiSTer and love the system but don't always know what to play. Any recommendations?

PS, highly recommend the MiSTer for your Amiga-emulating needs if you're ready for that kind of commitment.

--- End quote ---

I never had Amiga. My first computer was Commodore 128, then after 2 years PC, 386SX. For those 2 years I wanted to buy Amiga 500, I even already collected over 50 games on floppy discs :) Then my dad said that if i want PC we can buy it, so it blew my mind and got PC.

I want to buy Amiga mini to play all those famous games, which some I played on PC.
Fury of the Furries, Super Frog, Pushover, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Another World, Lemmings, Flashback, Cadaver, Gods, Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones...
To name a few :)

MiSTer sounds good, but just looked and its over £200. To expensive. Recently I spend more on camera lens, so £90 for Amiga Mini is max I would go  :thumb:

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:35:32 ---I never had Amiga. My first computer was Commodore 128, then after 2 years PC, 386SX. For those 2 years I wanted to buy Amiga 500, I even already collected over 50 games on floppy discs :) Then my dad said that if i want PC we can buy it, so it blew my mind and got PC.

I want to buy Amiga mini to play all those famous games, which some I played on PC.
Fury of the Furries, Super Frog, Pushover, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Another World, Lemmings, Flashback, Cadaver, Gods, Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones...
To name a few :)

MiSTer sounds good, but just looked and its over £200. To expensive. Recently I spend more on camera lens, so £90 for Amiga Mini is max I would go  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

Oh wow! So kind of reliving a childhood/past that never was. :D That's really fun. Pretty similar to how I enjoy so many retro games now that I missed out on when I was younger - only difference is you actually bought the games!

Thank you for the list of classics! I know I can always google similar lists, but it's fun to get peoples' perspectives on what they would play, etc.

From your list, I've only played two - Lemmings (who hasn't played some version of lemmings) and Monkey Island (really only started a game, I need to finish that...). And holy crap, the Amiga version of Monkey Island compared to PC... the audio on the Amiga is SO GOOD! Where on the PC you needed the Roland MIDI add-on, or whatever the actual implementation was, the Amiga by default was just great. :O

I think you'll really enjoy the Amiga Mini ;)

iri:

--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:35:32 ---My first computer was Commodore 128

--- End quote ---
Wow, someone is posh. My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum 48k :'(

phinix:

--- Quote from: iri on Sat, 01 April 2023, 03:49:15 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:35:32 ---My first computer was Commodore 128

--- End quote ---
Wow, someone is posh. My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum 48k :'(

--- End quote ---

Nah, you know our situation back in 80s. I was 8 years old and had to take a trip to Berlin with my father to buy Commodore, cause there was no way to buy it in Poland.
I remember those 24 hours trips - get to Berlin in a bus full of people going there to buy stuff, have 4 hours for shopping in city center and back to the bus. People were buying everything, from VHS, computers, satellite dishes to chocolate, orange juices, toys etc. Then sit on those boxes while getting through the borders, make sure customs officers won't notice anything  :thumb:
Beauty of communism era  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version