geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What video games are you currently playing?

<< < (242/271) > >>

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: Timbersawdust on Fri, 10 March 2023, 09:29:23 ---Been playing GTA 4 on PC. I've tried many times to play it, but it's finally clicking. I've been trying to play all of the most popular games from the last 20 or so years that I haven't played yet. Any recommendations are welcome!

--- End quote ---

The Last Of Us, Bioshock 1, a Dark Souls game(not 2), Witcher 3, Super Mario Odyssey, Portal 2

you can skip everything else 😏

Timbersawdust:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Fri, 10 March 2023, 15:51:21 ---
--- Quote from: Timbersawdust on Fri, 10 March 2023, 09:29:23 ---Been playing GTA 4 on PC. I've tried many times to play it, but it's finally clicking. I've been trying to play all of the most popular games from the last 20 or so years that I haven't played yet. Any recommendations are welcome!

--- End quote ---

The Last Of Us, Bioshock 1, a Dark Souls game(not 2), Witcher 3, Super Mario Odyssey, Portal 2

--- End quote ---

Played all of those!
The Last of Us I got in my PS4 bundle and was not at all excited about it, but after booting it up, I was instantly hooked. I love the show btw.

I've played all of the Bioshock's and recently picked it up for Switch. Love those games as well, especially Infinite.

Dark Souls and other FS games are probably my favorite series. Started with 3 as I got it for a deal on Steam and played it to death. Then Sekiro, then back to DS1, then Bloodborne, and Elden Ring. I have 2 and have tried many many times to beat it, and still slowly playing through it but its just so bad. Not that the enemies or environment is bad, it's the gameplay and the way my character moves and dodges.

Witcher 3 I have 424 hours on Steam. I just downloaded the new graphics update and want to see how it looks. Unlike pretty much every game I've mentioned in this post, I can play Witcher 3 for hours upon hours in one sitting without getting bored.

SMO, one of the best Switch games that's out there. Beaten it a few times along with one playthrough collecting all moons. Can't recommend it enough for a platformer. The controls are so tight and it's mindless fun. And Luigi's balloon game was a fun way to add some challenges to it.

Portal 2 is the only game I haven't beaten (other than DS2) on your list. I actually played some today for the first time in ages. I'm going to beat it eventually but I'm not entirely blown away by it.

Thanks for the recommendations! I game a lot, but I feel like I've missed a bunch of gems.

phinix:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Fri, 10 March 2023, 15:51:21 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'm waiting for end of March to try The last of us on pc.
Is it really great adveture game as they say?
I like tv show and for years read that its one of the best games on consoles.

Leslieann:

--- End quote ---

I would recommend Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4.
4 isn't as good story-wise, New Vegas is amazing on that but it makes up for it with better game play and graphics. Both (especially 4) has TONS of replay-ability with multiple endings, several really good expansions and absolutely tons to explore. And then there's the mod community which just went crazy with them allowing you to mod almost everything including several complete reworks. You can have thousands of hours and still not experience everything.

Others:
Cyberpunk and Red Dead Redemption 2, they can be clunky as hell at times but great visuals and story.
GTA San Andreas - the best GTA
Kerbal Space Program - build and fly space ships into orbit/space using (relatively) realistic physics.
Saints Row 1,2,3 (1 and 2 have clunky controls but better story)
Left 4 Dead 2 (no need for 1, it's mostly included)
Alien Isolation
Borderlands 2
Portal
Mass Effect Trilogy
L.A. Noir

Maledicted:

--- End quote ---

Does Timesplitters 2 count as being within the last 20 years? One of the best shooters of all time. The Shadowrun FPS was incredible too, but marketed very poorly like Timesplitters. Both very innovative and unique games that some games since have tried to copy elements from as a gimmick (especially Timesplitters) but have never done well.

The first two real Battlefront games are fantastic as well, especially some cooperative galactic conquest with a friend.

Mass Effect is great, but the first KOTOR is even better.

The Metal Gear Solid franchise is great too.

I like Vice City more than San Andreas, but San Andreas has more freedom.

If you like RTS games, Star Wars: Empire at War is arguably one of the best because of galactic conquest (not multiplayer, unfortunately). C&C Red Alert 3 was a lot of fun too.

On the subject of strategy games. CIV V with all of its DLC is fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version