Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 100237 times)

Offline Peppermint216

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 8 days left)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 02:55:46 »
Option 1, compatible, can be split or full size.
Option 2, non compatible, can only be split.

Offline Petch

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 03:40:41 »
Can we get a picture of both plates? I understand the differences, and take no offence from this, I just want to check everything will fit (no stabiliser wires getting caught like in early KBD75s for example)

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 05:43:47 »
You reckon I could get a Raw AL1? I have a local place that could cerakote it for me.

Offline floris

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 12:44:51 »
What kind of stabilizers do I need for this board? Pcb or plate mount?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 12:51:30 »

pcb, you can tell by the cutout shape
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline floris

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 13:06:50 »

pcb, you can tell by the cutout shape

Thanks, good to know.

Offline ullr

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:17:26 »
What’s up with the order sheet? Why are there a lot of entries with color combinations not listed as one of the five choices (a lot of all gray and all black, etc.) marked as no additional charge, and I am still marked as a preset combination (grey case, red plate) but I am marked as to be charged extra?

I want all black, to clarify, which two people currently are marked as receiving at no additional charge.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:26:53 by ullr »

Offline Petch

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 18:18:22 »
What’s up with the order sheet? Why are there a lot of entries with color combinations not listed as one of the five choices (a lot of all gray and all black, etc.) marked as no additional charge, and I am still marked as a preset combination (grey case, red plate) but I am marked as to be charged extra?

I want all black, to clarify, which two people currently are marked as receiving at no additional charge.

I can't see any custom colours without a charge? If you mean for the plate, you can PM to have the plate the same colour as the case OR silver at no extra cost

Offline ullr

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 18:38:56 »
Oh sweet, I must have missed that somewhere.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 19:00:26 »
is there an option to upgrade the plate to brass? rather purchase another set of plate and pcb?

Offline xZ3ROx

[GB] AL1 (GB opened, 8 days left)
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 19:02:07 »
Sorry guys. There won't be brass plate option.

I'd like to make some explanations on why we charge for customization of colors and the lack of flexibility of options. In most CNC/anodizing factories in China, they deal with very large orders every day. When they are asked to manufacture only several brass plates, or to anodize one color for only several parts, they not only charge you more, but also treat you with poor manners. Sometime they don't even accept the order. Alsoran will be the one who deal with these problems. He honestly provided all the possible options the factory can provide. He should be rewarded for the extra work he will do.

The current rules/options for this GB were determined by considering the number of orders, price, options, costs of risks. There're always tradeoffs but this is our decision. I hope you can understand.

is there an option to upgrade the plate to brass? rather purchase another set of plate and pcb?

Read his reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nguyenhimself

Re: [GB] AL1
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:24:06 »
Not so sure about this layout. It's something like one column thinner than a full size, yes?
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:26:39 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:27:00 »
Interesting that there are no pitchforks about how similar to black bird this looks.

In the IC thread, one person checked with the Duck guy and he was OK with this. Apparently he cares more about the case design then the layout itself.

not quite correct

more info here

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7n8q07/gb_al1_details_inside/ds033mu/

but as i said there, it's a moot point

and "the duck guy" is called duck
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:32:13 »
Interesting that there are no pitchforks about how similar to black bird this looks.

In the IC thread, one person checked with the Duck guy and he was OK with this. Apparently he cares more about the case design then the layout itself.

not quite correct

more info here

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7n8q07/gb_al1_details_inside/ds033mu/

Yeah, heh, as you can see, I deleted/edited my post just before you quoted me. Realized I didn't have enough information. My bad. Cheers.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 20:34:08 »

not quite correct

more info here

Yeah, heh, as you can see, I deleted/edited my post just before you quoted me. Realized I didn't have enough information. My bad. Cheers.

no worries, i've done the same before

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:17:51 »
Can we get a picture of both plates? I understand the differences, and take no offence from this, I just want to check everything will fit (no stabiliser wires getting caught like in early KBD75s for example)

Yes, here are the links:

https://imgur.com/ysGmxMf

https://imgur.com/i3pSPza

You reckon I could get a Raw AL1? I have a local place that could cerakote it for me.

Yes, but the price won't change.

Not so sure about this layout. It's something like one column thinner than a full size, yes?

No, it's two columns thinner actually.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:20:57 by TriangleLab »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:19:03 »

Yes, here are the links:

Yes, but the price won't change.

No, it's two columns thinner actually.

The second link did not copy, by the way  :thumb:

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:21:52 »

The second link did not copy, by the way  :thumb:

My mistake.  Updated Thanks for catching that.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:25:15 »
I've sent emails to everyone who joined this GB. Please DM me if you didn't receive the email.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 04:37:32 »
I've sent emails to everyone who joined this GB. Please DM me if you didn't receive the email.

Does the PCB support holtites?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 08:34:33 »

Does the PCB support holtites?

It supports holtitles but I wouldn't recommend you to install holtites. The plates are switchtop removable type, which means they are not super tight if you don't solder the switches.

Offline floris

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 7 days left)
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 01:36:04 »
According to the order form it includes led diffuser. Does this mean I will have to provide my own led’s for the indicator lights? If so what type of led’s do I need?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 07:32:51 »
Edit: disregard, I just saw the email explaining what happened.

Sent you a PM, but I just got an email saying that my paypal invoice was refunded?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 07:34:40 by Oatburner »

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 08:36:38 »
According to the order form it includes led diffuser. Does this mean I will have to provide my own led’s for the indicator lights? If so what type of led’s do I need?

The diffusers are for the three LED indicators. LEDs will be included.

Edit: disregard, I just saw the email explaining what happened.

Sent you a PM, but I just got an email saying that my paypal invoice was refunded?

Yes. Alsoran was not familiar with Paypal and made a mistake. He refunded several payments and will re-send invoices to make it right. Sorry for the troubles.

Offline TriangleLab

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 6 days left)
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 19:35:19 »
Several people opt out but we're still sitting at MOQ40. I've shared the spreadsheet to everyone but I also posted it in OP.

Alsoran just told me he placed an order for materials of 60 cases.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 19:37:17 »
Does anyone have an example of something that has been engraved on a board? I'm trying to understand what can be engraved and the best place...

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:05:17 »
Does anyone have an example of something that has been engraved on a board? I'm trying to understand what can be engraved and the best place...

Alsoran said the legends can be engraved any place on the board (e.g. on the weight, under the indicator LEDs in the front). If you just want to engrave legends, you need to tell me the characters, font, and position. If you want to engrave a figure, you also need to provide an AI file.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:14:12 »

the TGR logo

the mira logo

360c

etc etc

Offline TeHao

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 02:27:21 »
Interested parties can quickly join. A few sets can reach 50 sets.

Offline odd

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 5 days left)
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:32:51 »
I have not gotten a new invoice yet after the first one was refunded, what's up with that?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 16:41:03 »
Latest email update says they will be sent out soon.

I have not gotten a new invoice yet after the first one was refunded, what's up with that?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 19:39:52 »
Is anodizing color #4 more yellow or kind of like a neon green?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 19:50:00 »
Is anodizing color #4 more yellow or kind of like a neon green?

from what i can tell from their past boards, it's about the same color as margarita mix, if that makes sense

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 09:06:07 »
Alsoran updated me some photos and a video. Please check it out here.

Manufacturing: Materials have been ordered. Alsoran paid the factory with his own funds. Manufacturing has been started.

Invoice: Don't worry if you haven't received the invoice. Alsoran is frequently visiting the factory to make sure everything goes well. He's not able to send invoices in the following days. It won't affect your spot or the delivery date.

Offline floris

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 4 days left)
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:12:12 »
Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:22:54 »
Thank you for the update. 
I have an invoice and the dollar amount seems high (140 MOQ+US shipping is  $340.08 instead $327)  I also would like to add something to my order what is the preferred way to communicate PM or email?

edit: if it is currency difference can I request to be billed in the foreign currency visa has better exchange rates than paypal :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:25:59 by forumusername »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:00:26 »
Thank you for the update. 
I have an invoice and the dollar amount seems high (140 MOQ+US shipping is  $340.08 instead $327)  I also would like to add something to my order what is the preferred way to communicate PM or email?

edit: if it is currency difference can I request to be billed in the foreign currency visa has better exchange rates than paypal :P

There's a 4% PayPal fee.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:53:58 »
Thanks lightning I somehow missed that apparently.

Offline afrokobe

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 2 days left)
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:28:18 »
submitted my order few days ago.

edit: if i want to submit a change, should i just send a new form?
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:30:15 by afrokobe »

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:33:10 »
submitted my order few days ago.

edit: if i want to submit a change, should i just send a new form?

Just DM me or send me an email.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:09:42 »
Update:

Manufacturing: all the materials have been cut to pieces and are ready for feature processing.

Invoice: Alsoran will be sending out the left invoices in one day or so.

Offline Trente

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 22:31:55 »
Just wondering if it is possible to ship the board to somewhere in China? Or I should go on Taobao to find the GB link?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 07:15:33 »
Just wondering if it is possible to ship the board to somewhere in China? Or I should go on Taobao to find the GB link?

Yes, but I don't know the details of the Chinese GB. Alsoran's QQ id is: 508881408. You can ask him directly.

Offline MegalaDump

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB opened, 1 days left)
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 19:41:50 »
It is coming along nicely! Any idea what the total weight is?
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline zl_ramiel

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 21:07:27 »
GLWS

Offline zl_ramiel

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 21:07:50 »
GLWS

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 21:18:17 »
It is coming along nicely! Any idea what the total weight is?

About 5.5 lbs without assembly.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 21:19:04 »
We're not accepting orders from now on.

For those who joined, I'll ask alsoran to send invoice.

I'll keep you updated through emails. The leadtime will be much shorter than estimated.

Offline Peppermint216

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB closed)
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 01:12:23 »
Final invoice paid, thanks for running the gb.

Offline afrokobe

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB closed)
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 13:21:58 »
just paid my invoice!