Author Topic: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (GB CLOSED)  (Read 205137 times)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (06/01/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 11:59:54 »
Ooo love this cant wait for GB :D With the set backs are you aiming for mid or late 2019?

Also anyone have suggestions for a 60 to put these on? Would like some suggestions if you do. :)
I'm aiming for early to mid 2019.

Regarding keyboard matches, I think it will work best with most warm colours and neutral tones but not black.
White, burgundy, green, blue/grey or grey would be my picks.

Offline the_high_5

« Reply #301 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:16:25 »
I'm planning on putting this set on the NCR grey G60. Very very stoked! Seems like the timing will match up just right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:34:12 »
Replaced the mock up with a photos section.
Would like to give thanks to Zekkin for letting me use his photo for the mock up. You can still find a direct link to it under the updates section.

Dope! :thumb:

How you reckin the timeline for the GB is gonna be?
It will be set back quite a bit due to needing another round of samples.

Cool, bo stress... KB happy Jan, has already been hard :)

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:34:57 »
I'm planning on putting this set on the NCR grey G60. Very very stoked! Seems like the timing will match up just right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

G60  :thumb:

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:07:36 »
Love the look of the new samples, this is actually making me wait for the white KBD67.

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #305 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 21:18:26 »

*inhales.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be worth the wait I am sure. Great work Gok.
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline Olitender

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 21:56:36 »

*inhales.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be worth the wait I am sure. Great work Gok.
I feel the same way, on the bright side at least it's for the better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Going into heat.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #307 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 02:54:39 »
Replaced the mock up with a photos section.
Would like to give thanks to Zekkin for letting me use his photo for the mock up. You can still find a direct link to it under the updates section.

Dope! :thumb:

How you reckin the timeline for the GB is gonna be?
It will be set back quite a bit due to needing another round of samples.
Yes. Good call. Take your time. Youve worked so hard up to this point to fix these keycap legends. Make sure its exactly how you intended....

Offline Tharobiiceii

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 00:20:06 »
I assume this thread is the best place to check for updates. Is there a way to be notified when the gb goes live though? I'd hate to miss it when it is ready.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 01:25:25 »
I assume this thread is the best place to check for updates. Is there a way to be notified when the gb goes live though? I'd hate to miss it when it is ready.
I will make a post when it goes live and you should get an email if you turn notifications on.

Offline xef

« Reply #310 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 16:48:00 »
Any chance of additional accent colours? This set is perfect, but I think a nice soft pastel colour option for enter/esc/space would interest a lot of people.

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 16:57:05 »
Any chance of additional accent colours? This set is perfect, but I think a nice soft pastel colour option for enter/esc/space would interest a lot of people.
ePBT Grayscale has some spacebar kits that sounds like what you are describing. Adding in color to this set wouldn't make it kuro/shiro anymore.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 16:58:26 »
Not for this set. As the name of the set suggests, it will be strictly black and white.

I will be testing some other colourways with these legends in the near-ish future - WoB with red sublegends. If the quality is good, I think it will be a game changer and we will start seeing more colourful PBT sets in the future.

Offline rondg

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 03:34:58 »
Not for this set. As the name of the set suggests, it will be strictly black and white.

I will be testing some other colourways with these legends in the near-ish future - WoB with red sublegends. If the quality is good, I think it will be a game changer and we will start seeing more colourful PBT sets in the future.

How about dark blue on modifiers? It might look too busy though...

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 03:58:02 »

How about dark blue on modifiers? It might look too busy though...
I've already made up my mind about a couple of upcoming sets. I'll be opening more IC's in the near future which aren't as concrete.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:17:23 »
excited to see this run!  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline RainyDays

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:29:49 »
Photo's look great, I really like the overall aestethic. I'll be joining the GB if I have the money for it lol

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (05/01/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 01:16:23 »
Hi Gok,

I dont know if this is possible and in time enough to fix it a bit.
After i got BoW i noticed the Æ in the international kit is slightly bolder and pops out a little.
( maybe it has some todo with the double lines in it, dunno or maybe my eyes is playing tricks )

I think it has something todo with the space in the Æ and a little bump on the top of it. I hope i can explain good enough, let me know what you see :)

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
( Its already look better this with more air inside  :thumb: but still have the bumb on the top of the legend )

But never the less, this is a dope ass set, and i am bowing all the way to NZ in humbleness for the Intl kit <3
I never really cared much for ISO before but I had revised the legends as part of the Royal Alpha redesign so I have fixed a few of the ISO legends in the process.

Attached is the updated legend for the key you were referring to.

EDIT: I've also just realised that I need to add keys to the International kit so that the correct sublegends are present because keys such as Æ change between Danish and Norwegian layouts, etc.

Thank you for caring mate :thumb:

Looks perfect!!

( Will this updated Æ also be in slate, or did you not work on that? )
Yes, I will be updating the legends on that set soon. The existing samples were based on BoW but Slate, Grayscale and Royal Alpha will have the thinner legends, similar to Kuro/Shiro.

:eek: :-*

Edit. And please do PM if you would need help sorting some of those Nordic letters out :)
I have updated the ISO kit preview image. I ended up adding only 1 more key. Let me know if anything looks a bit off.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:00:39 »
Hi Gok,

After i got BoW i noticed the Æ in the international kit is slightly bolder and pops out a little.
( maybe it has some todo with the double lines in it, dunno or maybe my eyes is playing tricks )

I think it has something todo with the space in the Æ and a little bump on the top of it. I hope i can explain good enough, let me know what you see :)

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
( Its already look better this with more air inside  :thumb: but still have the bumb on the top of the legend )

But never the less, this is a dope ass set, and i am bowing all the way to NZ in humbleness for the Intl kit <3
I never really cared much for ISO before but I had revised the legends as part of the Royal Alpha redesign so I have fixed a few of the ISO legends in the process.

EDIT: I've also just realised that I need to add keys to the International kit so that the correct sublegends are present because keys such as Æ change between Danish and Norwegian layouts, etc.

Looks perfect!!

Yes, I will be updating the legends on that set soon. The existing samples were based on BoW but Slate, Grayscale and Royal Alpha will have the thinner legends, similar to Kuro/Shiro.

Edit. And please do PM if you would need help sorting some of those Nordic letters out :)
I have updated the ISO kit preview image. I ended up adding only 1 more key. Let me know if anything looks a bit off.

Hi gok, would it be possible to have the R1 \| key the same way the R4 is?

210638-0

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:02:30 by mkarlsson »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:04:42 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

(Attachment Link)

Thanks!
What that would mean is that there is a double up of the same sublegend. The extra key on R2 that you get from using ISO enter already has it.

Offline megaforce

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (15/01/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 15:01:46 »
big daisuki
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 15:27:49 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

(Attachment Link)

Thanks!
What that would mean is that there is a double up of the same sublegend. The extra key on R2 that you get from using ISO enter already has it.

I see what you mean, that’s true. It’s a shame that in a uk iso layout that would be the only key missing sublegends.

Offline Sleepy_Badger

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:07:40 »
so you have a ball park idea of what the price will be?

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 11:30:12 »
オメガ大好き

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #324 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:08:35 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

Awesome! Looks good Gok :)

I did a mock-up trying to check if everything looks right. ( this is only for the Danish (DK) layout )

210854-0

Blue:
I would personal prefer a sublegend on Å. ( marked in red ) ( the symbols you are going for are nice! i just dont even know how to output them :P )

Pink:
I dont know about these symbols? ( marked in red ) I personally would prefer without them.

Dark Green:
I added a reference from BoW ( light green ) ( i dont mind the symbol instead of the ~ )

Cyan:
I added a reference from BoW ( light green ) The new symbol instead of the | Is it the Japanese version of it? :P ( marked in red )

Let me know if it makes sense? :)

( the only problem now for me is whats the correct Æ sub legend.. )  :))

Here is what my DK layout would look like on a 60% ( HYPE )

210856-1

Here is the DK layout marked and with the "correct" version of Alt Gr which should be a extra 1.25 ( but i really dont mind it )

210858-2

I am looking so forward to it! I am already in greyscale and slate and looking to pick up 2 sets of KURO / SHIRO  :cool:

As a Nordic user, i bow and kneel for your time and service to supply a intl. kit  :-*
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:17:45 by RETURNISO »

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 08:17:02 »

:eek: WoB + RED SUB! Keeep them sets coming, YEEEES  :thumb:

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 11:47:55 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

I did a mock-up trying to check if everything looks right. ( this is only for the Danish (DK) layout )

(Attachment Link)

Blue:
I would personal prefer a sublegend on Å. ( marked in red ) ( the symbols you are going for are nice! i just dont even know how to output them :P )

Pink:
I dont know about these symbols? ( marked in red ) I personally would prefer without them.

Dark Green:
I added a reference from BoW ( light green ) ( i dont mind the symbol instead of the ~ )

Cyan:
I added a reference from BoW ( light green ) The new symbol instead of the | Is it the Japanese version of it? :P ( marked in red )

(Attachment Link)

Here is the DK layout marked and with the "correct" version of Alt Gr which should be a extra 1.25 ( but i really dont mind it )

(Attachment Link)

I am looking so forward to it! I am already in greyscale and slate and looking to pick up 2 sets of KURO / SHIRO  :cool:

As a Nordic user, i bow and kneel for your time and service to supply a intl. kit  :-*
For all those instances, that is a Japanese sublegend taking over an iso legend. When I opened a Google form asking what people wanted, the result was overwhelmingly in favour of that option.

EDIT: I think you have a point about the Alt Gr though, there is space for the "Gr" part and help people with putting each of the alts on the correct side.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 January 2019, 12:25:01 by gok101 »

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 12:55:49 »
Cool, no worries.. just letting you know :) nothing stopping me from unloving Kuro / Shiro  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 January 2019, 13:10:06 by RETURNISO »

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #328 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 13:00:39 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

(Attachment Link)

Blue:

Pink:

Dark Green:

Cyan:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

For all those instances, that is a Japanese sublegend taking over an iso legend. When I opened a Google form asking what people wanted, the result was overwhelmingly in favour of that option.

EDIT: I think you have a point about the Alt Gr though, there is space for the "Gr" part and help people with putting each of the alts on the correct side.

Didn't see your edit.. If it wouldn't hurt the pricing of the set, then it would be nice to have a 1.25 Alt Gr in there :)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 14:01:11 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

(Attachment Link)

Blue:

Pink:

Dark Green:

Cyan:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Didn't see your edit.. If it wouldn't hurt the pricing of the set, then it would be nice to have a 1.25 Alt Gr in there :)
What I'd be doing is modifying the existing RAlt to Alt Gr rather than adding another key. My aim is to keep the price lower than some of the recent epbt GBs and cut out some redundancy whilst maintaining full compatibility for most non-ergo layouts.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 14:10:59 »
Cool, even better Gok :)

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 16:08:33 »
Hi Gok,

BoW
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Kuro/Shiro
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks perfect!!

(Attachment Link)

Blue:

Pink:

Dark Green:

Cyan:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

What I'd be doing is modifying the existing RAlt to Alt Gr rather than adding another key. My aim is to keep the price lower than some of the recent epbt GBs and cut out some redundancy whilst maintaining full compatibility for most non-ergo layouts.

*claps

Is it shipping time yet :D :D :D :D :D ????

When are the pantone swatches coming in?
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 20:00:45 »
Hey everybody. My pantone swatches came in but I don't think they have enough whites so I am going with paint swatches instead like these.
It is very hard to judge a white based on a photo as every single swatch shown in that photo has a slightly different hue but they appear to be the largely same.

I have chosen a colour which is very neutral. What I have noticed from looking at paint samples and their associated RGB values is that neutral RGB codes appear naturally warm and that colours such as GMK WS2 have a blue tint to them.
I have taken a photo of the colour I'm aiming for, along with some GMK colour samples and the original Kuro/Shiro sample (the unlabelled keycap on the far right).

I'll be sending 3 copies of the swatch to KBDfans so that they can forward them on to Enjoypbt and keep 1 as a control for internal checking if they wish to do so.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 21:11:18 »
Wth this got hella lit since last time I checked, definitely in now with these legends :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 00:31:53 »
I don't mind waiting at all for a superior product in the end.

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 01:40:26 »
Hey everybody. My pantone swatches came in but I don't think they have enough whites so I am going with paint swatches instead like these.
It is very hard to judge a white based on a photo as every single swatch shown in that photo has a slightly different hue but they appear to be the largely same.

I have chosen a colour which is very neutral. What I have noticed from looking at paint samples and their associated RGB values is that neutral RGB codes appear naturally warm and that colours such as GMK WS2 have a blue tint to them.
I have taken a photo of the colour I'm aiming for, along with some GMK colour samples and the original Kuro/Shiro sample (the unlabelled keycap on the far right).

I'll be sending 3 copies of the swatch to KBDfans so that they can forward them on to Enjoypbt and keep 1 as a control for internal checking if they wish to do so.

Nice update. Patiently waiting for this awesome weeb set. :p

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #336 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 17:11:00 »
This is out of scope for this GB, but any chance you could run a Topre set in this colorway also - like KBDfans did with 9009? Just a random thought that popped into my head. I feel like this would look awesome on my HHKB JP, and I don't want to drill holes in my keyboard / cut stems off of keycaps. Either way, I'm still for sure joining this buy.

Offline rondg

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 17:21:28 »
The white looks nice!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #338 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 20:36:35 »
This is out of scope for this GB, but any chance you could run a Topre set in this colorway also - like KBDfans did with 9009? Just a random thought that popped into my head. I feel like this would look awesome on my HHKB JP, and I don't want to drill holes in my keyboard / cut stems off of keycaps. Either way, I'm still for sure joining this buy.
Actually, Wei has told me that he wants to run a topre version already. It might happen later this year.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 21:23:03 »
Actually, Wei has told me that he wants to run a topre version already. It might happen later this year.
YESSSSSS

Offline shakablue

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 22:23:37 »
Really hoping this comes after February. I'd really love to join but I already have so many other planned expenses right now and February.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #341 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 00:28:12 »
Really hoping this comes after February. I'd really love to join but I already have so many other planned expenses right now and February.
Luckily for you that the Chinese New Year holidays will delay things then!

Offline shakablue

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 00:35:18 »

I thought KBDFans will still accept orders during CNY period but they won't be shipping anything in that period? Or do you mean you won't launch the GB during this period?

Also will this be priced similar to GMK sets or cheaper/more expensive?

Offline rjchatfield

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 00:50:32 »

Oh no. More of my money leaving me. Haha.

I’m interested in both MX and Topre sets of this. Can’t wait.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #344 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:35:35 »

I thought KBDFans will still accept orders during CNY period but they won't be shipping anything in that period? Or do you mean you won't launch the GB during this period?

Chinese New Year will delay the process because I still need to wait for Enjoypbt to produce a new sample to match the white I've picked and they won't be doing this till after Chinese New Year because they are fulfilling existing orders.

GB won't start until I'm happy with the sample. My main concern is that they arent able to match the colour I want or aren't able to do so without sacrificing the opaqueness (which was an issue with BoW)

Offline shakablue

« Reply #345 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 05:17:04 »

Chinese New Year will delay the process because I still need to wait for Enjoypbt to produce a new sample to match the white I've picked and they won't be doing this till after Chinese New Year because they are fulfilling existing orders.

GB won't start until I'm happy with the sample. My main concern is that they arent able to match the colour I want or aren't able to do so without sacrificing the opaqueness (which was an issue with BoW)

Ahh I see, then I'll eagerly be waiting for this! Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Sleepy_Badger

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 05:32:02 »
Ooo love this cant wait for GB :D With the set backs are you aiming for mid or late 2019?

Also anyone have suggestions for a 60 to put these on? Would like some suggestions if you do. :)

Regarding keyboard matches, I think it will work best with most warm colours and neutral tones but not black.
White, burgundy, green, blue/grey or grey would be my picks.

Thanks! cant wait for it :)

Offline dado brat

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 06:29:18 »
Are the currently shown kits final? I think this set would look amazing with a dark mods kit

Offline menuhin

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 08:10:08 »
Gok runs his projects with patience and dedication and attention to details.

I will join this GB and this set is probably going to be my #1 black on white set for all my keyboards - hope it also has the compatibility.

Gok, perhaps you can walk in an IKEA shop to gain some inspiration of what kind of white is the best - they do have lots of products with different kinds of white ranging from warm to cold, from milk cream white to fresh snow white. By the way, my favorite "natural white" (or "fog white" as they call it) EnjoyPBT set does look like not 100% opaque, but it is fine with me.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #349 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 12:32:47 »
Are the currently shown kits final? I think this set would look amazing with a dark mods kit
Pretty much. It is meant to be a predominantly white set with only a few black accents.

Gok runs his projects with patience and dedication and attention to details.

I will join this GB and this set is probably going to be my #1 black on white set for all my keyboards - hope it also has the compatibility.

Gok, perhaps you can walk in an IKEA shop to gain some inspiration of what kind of white is the best - they do have lots of products with different kinds of white ranging from warm to cold, from milk cream white to fresh snow white. By the way, my favorite "natural white" (or "fog white" as they call it) EnjoyPBT set does look like not 100% opaque, but it is fine with me.
Looking at things that have large and flat surfaces is quite different to some small and has lots of edges a d faces like keycaps. When it comes to whites, the hue is accentuated when it is in shadow which is pretty much the sides of the keycap.

For compatibility, if you tell me what layout you want to use, I can check if the kits support it.

Regarding opacity, I'd like it to be fully opaque because firstly, it makes the keycaps look sharper with edges that look defined and secondly, it makes the dyesubbing sharper.