Author Topic: [IC] PBT Græn - Group Buy Live  (Read 37290 times)

Offline break

Re: [IC] PBT Græn
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 14:56:43 »
Græn? More like dæmn!!

(I don't have any boards to put this on, but this is incredibly nice!)

Offline TSauer09

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:04:29 »
This might be my first premium kit, I'm in! Looks awesome paired with a gold plate.  :D

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:10:28 »
Looking græt!  :thumb:

Offline japancakes

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:47:30 »
Man I don't even like green but I want this. Thinking it would look insane on a Stormy Grey S75

Offline Brez1623

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 20:46:20 »
I really dig this set! Any chance of doing split spacebars in either of the accent colors?

Offline silverstreakz

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 21:38:04 »
I love this set! Looking forward to it!

Offline farmisen

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 00:11:54 »
Are you Canadian? Your French sounds funny.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 01:15:19 »
This made my day:

"What a stupid name, pronouncing that would sound so stupid, æ isn't "ae" it's a different letter all together, as a norwegian I get a micropenis each time I hear a American/English company try to use; æøå."

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 10:15:41 »
Are you Canadian? Your French sounds funny.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I speak no French and did it for hipstery, cliché purposes. I really wanted to lean into cliché as much as I could with this set since it's basically the keyset equivalent of selective color photography. See: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-hkfz15ju38/maxresdefault.jpg That said, I am proud of the set nonetheless

Apologies to those who do actually speak French - no harm was intended by murdering your language here. <3

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 12:33:14 »
Don't apologize, nobody was offended in the French community. I personnaly like your set, and I appreciated you put French in your IC.  :)

Offline ivu

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 13:07:31 »
One vote from me for the red color of the accents to be used for a modifiers kit!

Attached a basic paint render using Sparta's mods just to get an idea how it would look like ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2020, 13:17:15 by ivu »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 18:12:29 »
Some modest musings:

- Quite an interesting colorway (I'd skip the kahki keys and keep that color for the legends only, but that's my personal taste; I appreciate that those keys are off the base kit).

- I dig that you included four R1 blanks. I dig both numpad equals keys (have you considered a numpad comma?).

- My only complaint would be about swapping one R3 key from the base kit with one from the mega add-on kit (one guess as to which ones).

- How about an extra Æ in R4, to serve the oft-forgotten Ælice kæyboards?

- Renders have F1..F10 in the EF block (the "macro block" for the young whippersnappers), but I don't see the R2..R4 F keys in either kit. The inclusion of an R4 Caps Lock key screams for 'em.

Offline zytholax

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 20:04:11 »
looks hella nice, set matches perfectly with desk pad. im in!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 21:38:30 »
 I keep coming back to this set, ever since you've posted it----

Its amazing! so soothing -- 100% in  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline amarotea

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 22:39:44 »
Love the desk mats

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:47:57 »
Some modest musings:

- Quite an interesting colorway (I'd skip the kahki keys and keep that color for the legends only, but that's my personal taste; I appreciate that those keys are off the base kit).

- I dig that you included four R1 blanks. I dig both numpad equals keys (have you considered a numpad comma?).

- My only complaint would be about swapping one R3 key from the base kit with one from the mega add-on kit (one guess as to which ones).

- How about an extra Æ in R4, to serve the oft-forgotten Ælice kæyboards?

- Renders have F1..F10 in the EF block (the "macro block" for the young whippersnappers), but I don't see the R2..R4 F keys in either kit. The inclusion of an R4 Caps Lock key screams for 'em.

Thank you for taking the time for this - I appreciate it greatly! Especially "Ælice kæyboards" lol - well played, sir.

I'll certainly consider your points - for your last point about the different row profile F keys, that's a good idea but I worry about peoples' preferences in this regard. I know some vintage keyboards like the model F XT have oddly placed F keys vs. how I would put them in that column. I just fear I'd have to provide nearly a whole F row for each profile for something that is quite niche, tbh. Now, that being said, I may be misunderstanding your meaning - please correct me if I'm being obtuse, which I am quite frequently...

<3

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:48:57 »
Love the desk mats

Awesome - I am a big fan too! Much love and credit to OCM for doing the work on them - he really really brought my vision to life in a way I couldn't have imagined.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:50:41 »
I keep coming back to this set, ever since you've posted it----

Its amazing! so soothing -- 100% in  :thumb:

Thank you for the kind words! I also find the color soothing - I love it. I am obsessed with it, vexed by it... I must have it on a keyboard...

<3

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:51:37 »
Don't apologize, nobody was offended in the French community. I personnaly like your set, and I appreciated you put French in your IC.  :)
Nuthin but love <3

Thank you!

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:56:52 »
One vote from me for the red color of the accents to be used for a modifiers kit!

Attached a basic paint render using Sparta's mods just to get an idea how it would look like ;)

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't like this. I had actually thought of this before and tried it out in rendertown, USA. I felt it was a bit too...Christmasy? If that's a word? It was a bit of a departure from what I had originally intended on doing when I chose the colors for the set. That being said, it's something to consider further on my end I think; although, to be candid, it's unlikely (not impossible though).

Regardless, thank you for your time and effort on making a good example for us to see!! <3

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 08:58:03 »
looks hella nice, set matches perfectly with desk pad. im in!
<3 <3

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 10:55:19 »

for your last point about the different row profile F keys, that's a good idea but I worry about peoples' preferences in this regard. I know some vintage keyboards like the model F XT have oddly placed F keys vs. how I would put them in that column. I just fear I'd have to provide nearly a whole F row for each profile for something that is quite niche, tbh. Now, that being said, I may be misunderstanding your meaning - please correct me if I'm being obtuse, which I am quite frequently...

You're right about being obtuse regarding my acute observation. Let's see how can I angle this...  :D

To serve the needs of the weirdos who believe the XT/AT layout for the function keys is better than what the Enhanced layout provides, you'd need to have (besides the R1 F1..F12 keycaps in the base kit) at least eight more keys (presumably in the add-on kit): R2 F3 and F4, R3 F5 and F6, R4 F7..F10; perhaps ten keys (as before, plus two more R1 F1 and F2), to have both the F row and the EF block complete.

This would mean adding eight or ten more keys in the add-on kit, for the benefit of ¿not that many users? I just pointed this issue out because it called my attention that the EF function keys are present in the renders but not in the actual kit.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 21:05:04 »
Here's an adjacent thought.  For some who need these extra 1U keycaps, function labels would be redundant.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 12:36:09 »
April 4th, 2020

Offline TheMegaSean

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 06:30:07 »
I would personally love to see a Korean/Hangul add-on. There are far too few good quality Korean sets in PBT. When certain websites have them in stock, they sell out very quickly. None of those look as well as it would in this color option though AND it would be in PBT!!!

Offline Langelandia

Re: [IC] PBT Græn - Group Buy Begins April 3rd
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 08:30:01 »
150 of you have left feedback and we are working on some kit changes that I hope will please a lot of you. Sadly, I'm sure some of you will be disappoint - but we all make choices, amirite?

Much love nonetheless - I hope you're healthy and safe <3

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 11:49:12 »
First, and most most importantly: thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, leave feedback, give praise, or share your disdain for this - I love and appreciate it all.

There has been concern about the shortness of the IC to GB and whether we intended to collect and actually honor feedback.
I am laying out decisions to let you know we have read the feedback, all of which we appreciate, whether we're changing things or not.
Please understand this project is something I started in November and much of it was already decided for one reason or another based on original intent
My apologies - I know much was not accommodated.

We are adding umbrella novelties, an R3 pgup, and an R4 pgdn
Proposed adjustments we did not change:
   2u "+" numpad accents - some felt strongly about this, but we've decided to keep them for funzies
   accent arrows in base - to be consistent with most of the accents outside of the original vision, these will remain in the add-on kit
   Full on kits for French, NorDe, International, blanks, ergo, etc.  - to be honest, even if we put all of these into one giant kit it wouldn't hit MOQ and the price would be higher than than desired
   I know some folks don't like the "<--Bksp" key - I happen to think it's hekkin cute and am keeping it, personally

Yes, the kits are, in fact, huge. That's the way Infinikey works and how they factor in their MOQ - for some, this seems like a waste to buy such a large kit to use so few keys, a la planck users.

The name - I am aware of how the aesch is pronounced - I used it in a way I thought was "clever" to nod at the fact that the set can seem both green and gray. Thank you for pointing out that it's wrong,  but I made an AESTHETIC choice here <3

Finally, there were a lot of comments for more accents or and additional/different modifier and alpha kits - it's just not the vision I wanted.

I hope none of you take offense, and if you do: I'm sorry. Either buy the set or don't - I'm still gonna be your fwen if you like.

<3

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 12:17:53 »

Thank you for taking the time to comment, leave feedback, give praise, or share your disdain for this - I love and appreciate it all.

There has been concern about the shortness of the IC to GB and whether we intended to collect and actually honor feedback.
I am laying out decisions to let you know we have read the feedback, all of which we appreciate, whether we're changing things or not.
Please understand this project is something I started in November and much of it was already decided for one reason or another based on original intent

2u "+" numpad accents - some felt strongly about this, but we've decided to keep them for funzies
   accent arrows in base - to be consistent with most of the accents outside of the original vision, these will remain in the add-on kit
   Full on kits for French, NorDe, International, blanks, ergo, etc.  - to be honest, even if we put all of these into one giant kit it wouldn't hit MOQ and the price would be higher than than desired
   I know some folks don't like the "<--Bksp" key - I happen to think it's hekkin cute and am keeping it, personally

Yes, the kits are, in fact, huge. That's the way Infinikey works and how they factor in their MOQ - for some, this seems like a waste to buy such a large kit to use so few keys, a la planck users.

The name - I am aware of how the aesch is pronounced - I used it in a way I thought was "clever" to nod at the fact that the set can seem both green and gray. Thank you for pointing out that it's wrong,  but I made an AESTHETIC choice here <3

Finally, there were a lot of comments for more accents or and additional/different modifier and alpha kits - it's just not the vision I wanted.

I hope none of you take offense, and if you do: I'm sorry. Either buy the set or don't - I'm still gonna be your fwen if you like.

<3

We can be fwens?  :-*

Offline Langelandia

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:34:51 »

<3

ab-so-MF-lutely

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:48:55 »

<3

ab-so-MF-lutely

Excellent, how does one confirm this friendship?  ;D

Offline qz2015

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:31:36 »
Such an elegant set. I am so glad that the UK based Vendor prototypist will host the GB.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:32:37 »

<3

ab-so-MF-lutely

Excellent, how does one confirm this friendship?  ;D

Confirmed.

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:33:27 »
Such an elegant set. I am so glad that the UK based Vendor prototypist will host the GB.

Thank you! Yes, I am excited to have them as a proxy for the set - big fan <3

Offline razz

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 02:04:44 »
So, this sold out in a hours in Europe but is still at 20% everywhere else?

Can we have more sets?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 02:25:06 »

Can we have more sets?

It's a group buy so it can't sell out; the more sets are ordered, the better. Either the set hasn't gone live in Europe yet, or Jae temporarily marked it as sold out in order to adjust something on the product page.

Offline razz

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 04:07:51 »

Can we have more sets?

It's a group buy so it can't sell out; the more sets are ordered, the better. Either the set hasn't gone live in Europe yet, or Jae temporarily marked it as sold out in order to adjust something on the product page.
Now it's active! Sorry for phrasing it badly, I thought the run was somehow limited even if it's a group buy. Thanks!

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:13:37 »

Can we have more sets?

Yep it was the Coming Soon page that was visible until the GB went live. GB is now live on the site :D

https://prototypist.net/collections/infinikey-pbt-graen

Offline farmisen

Re: [IC] PBT Græn - Group Buy Live
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 15:27:33 »
This guy is def not French. There is no way you can be French and admit you like something that didn't originate from France.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk