Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1406166 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3800 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:38:05 »
I got a new camera, So I took a new picture.
Show Image

Show Image

That is a very nice, clean setup. For a one screen scrub ;) I'm jealous of how clean it is.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3801 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:31:34 »
Got a 'new' desk :) Nice vintage All Steel Equipment brand, same as my chair... how cool is that?
(Attachment Link)

Still need to do some work on figuring out how to better arrange the area though... have no idea where to put my printer currently as I lost the space of being able to put it under the desk since there are now drawers on this one.

Sweet set up. I love the chair  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LadyPecs

« Reply #3802 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 18:29:21 »
(Potato) pic of my setup now that I'm home for the summer.

Show Image

What keycap set is that on the right?

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3803 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 18:34:40 »

Show Image

Deep Space DSA

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3804 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:23:13 »

Show Image

Deep Space DSA
Yep. Don't have a properly sized right shift, but it's not staying on there long term.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3805 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:28:56 »
Since I am working a lot from home lately, decided to change up the desk space. Unfortunately have to use my work laptop for most of the work, but I still like to keep access to my desktop so that I can browse geekhack while the programs are running.

First tried to put one monitor in portrait mode. Not that great. Had to physically move head up and down and since it is a TN panel the top of the monitor looked terrible.
99500-0
After that decided to raise laptop off of desk to create more work room. Not too bad. I think I am going to get another mousepad and have two distinct work areas.
99502-1
RETIRED

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #3806 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:19:19 »
Since I am working a lot from home lately, decided to change up the desk space. Unfortunately have to use my work laptop for most of the work, but I still like to keep access to my desktop so that I can browse geekhack while the programs are running.

First tried to put one monitor in portrait mode. Not that great. Had to physically move head up and down and since it is a TN panel the top of the monitor looked terrible.
(Attachment Link)
After that decided to raise laptop off of desk to create more work room. Not too bad. I think I am going to get another mousepad and have two distinct work areas.
(Attachment Link)

Perhaps get a Deskmat?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826991001

Usually these go for around $25 though.. Not sure why they're so expensive lately.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3807 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:38:30 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Jealous of that seat. I think I like the second setup as well.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3808 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 10:20:29 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Perhaps get a Deskmat?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826991001

Usually these go for around $25 though.. Not sure why they're so expensive lately.
I definitely thought about that. I was looking into on the of the very large gun cleaning mats and having everything in one place. I decided against it because I like to move the keyboard that I am not immediately using so that I have more writing space. I'll post an updated pic tomorrow when the rest of the supplies come in.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Jealous of that seat. I think I like the second setup as well.
Thanks!
RETIRED

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #3809 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 08:50:55 »
Got a 'new' desk :) Nice vintage All Steel Equipment brand, same as my chair... how cool is that?
(Attachment Link)

Still need to do some work on figuring out how to better arrange the area though... have no idea where to put my printer currently as I lost the space of being able to put it under the desk since there are now drawers on this one.

At my work we throw hundreds of those desks and chairs away, I didn't know people liked them!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3810 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 10:34:33 »
I can't see why people wouldn't like them. Desks are just about perfect size and made to last. Plenty of storage space... though it's taking a LOT of getting used to having those drawers there for me, keep slamming my knee into the edge. As for the chairs, there are surely some more comfortable chairs out there these days. But for one that was free it's plenty comfortable, and more so than most of the office chairs I have come across under $100. Also built like a tank.

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #3811 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:02:14 »
I can't see why people wouldn't like them. Desks are just about perfect size and made to last. Plenty of storage space... though it's taking a LOT of getting used to having those drawers there for me, keep slamming my knee into the edge. As for the chairs, there are surely some more comfortable chairs out there these days. But for one that was free it's plenty comfortable, and more so than most of the office chairs I have come across under $100. Also built like a tank.

Yeah most definitely. I think at our work we get more money for metal scrapping them than trying to sell them.

Offline lookitdisnub

« Reply #3812 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:06:07 »

It's a mess off to the right

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3813 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:13:26 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I think now I have my final setup. I would like to move my computer from under the desk (I bump into it everytime I am on my laptop) but there is really no other place for it.

99648-0
RETIRED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3814 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 15:19:20 »
Yeah most definitely. I think at our work we get more money for metal scrapping them than trying to sell them.

Aww, dang.  So you wouldn't be interested in giving one to me then?  :(  (seriously interested :) )

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3815 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 22:12:45 »
My desk for the the majority of the last 30 days..... A hotel room.... :(

Offline Den441

« Reply #3816 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 22:26:37 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I think now I have my final setup. I would like to move my computer from under the desk (I bump into it everytime I am on my laptop) but there is really no other place for it.

(Attachment Link)

Love the alternating black and white in this. I would say you need a white mousepad, but I have one and it just stains so easily.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3817 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:17:14 »
Changed it up a bit this week :] Kinda got exhausted halfway through my wire management escapade lol.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3818 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:19:28 »
Changed it up a bit this week :] Kinda got exhausted halfway through my wire management escapade lol.

Show Image

Always enjoy your desk shots.

Every time there's some perfect cohesion gong on :eek:

White, low light glow and hints of blue.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3819 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:20:01 »

Show Image

damn, love your desk setups man :cool:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3820 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:31:44 »

Show Image

So nice!  What monitor is that?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3821 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:40:19 »
Always enjoy your desk shots.

Every time there's some perfect cohesion gong on :eek:

White, low light glow and hints of blue.
Thank you sorijealut! I try way too hard lol XD

damn, love your desk setups man :cool:
Appreciate it bruh. :] There's not much else to look at where I live so I need to put extra effort here lol.

Thanks jokrik!
It's the Samsing S34E790C (SE790C), so far it's been a dream come true for me :DD

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3822 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:50:01 »

Show Image

Hey you got your new monitor! I like the new setup :D.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3823 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:10:28 »
Hey you got your new monitor! I like the new setup :D.
I did! Finally after almost a month of research lol, about time! XD What a relief. Thanks dude.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3824 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:29:21 »
(Attachment Link)

SICK!!! I love old steelcase and goodform stuff!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3825 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 22:32:38 »
Thanks jokrik!
It's the Samsing S34E790C (SE790C), so far it's been a dream come true for me :DD

That's a really nice monitor
I've been waiting for the dell u3415w to arrive, it takes forever....
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #3826 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 00:08:43 »

Show Image

Amazing shot Last! <3<3<3
That Desk is PURE Love man!!

What monitor did you go with btw? Looks curvy xD

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #3827 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 00:49:12 »

Show Image

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that you used the black model of the Corsair Air 540 as your PC case instead of the white model. But your desk setups always look marvelous nevertheless.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3828 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 12:31:37 »

Show Image

literal reaction

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #3829 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 17:12:05 »

Aww, dang.  So you wouldn't be interested in giving one to me then?  :(  (seriously interested :) )

It's my last week at the job that sells these desks unfortunately!

Lastpilot: Love the Interstellar artwork, where did you get those posters?

Offline Axollott

« Reply #3830 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 17:22:11 »

Show Image

Could you tell me how to achieve that glass illumination? Is it painted in the lower part? I had planned doing something like this with a satin tempered glass and dome led strips but light might get too strong. I love the way your desk looks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2015, 19:23:47 by Axollott »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3831 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 14:29:52 »

Show Image

[WTB] Lastpilot interior design

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3832 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 07:37:54 »
Show Image

literal reaction
Ahahahaha, well-chosen gif! Thank you vespahhh <3

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that you used the black model of the Corsair Air 540 as your PC case instead of the white model. But your desk setups always look marvelous nevertheless.
Thanks ADFX! Yeah actually when I made my pc last year the white one hadn't come out yet. D'oh! :|

[WTB] Lastpilot interior design
Lol, I think if I did interior design all my submissions would be modern glassy things. No flexibility at all! But I guess you know that already. bwahahahahahaha

Amazing shot Last! <3<3<3
That Desk is PURE Love man!!

What monitor did you go with btw? Looks curvy xD
Thank you!! <3<3<3 The monitor is a Samsung S34E790C (SE790C). Good eye, it is curved! I like et. A lot.

Lastpilot: Love the Interstellar artwork, where did you get those posters?
eBay! IMAX exclusive posters, really cool artwork with a subtle halftone effect. I think I paid around $15 for all three?

Could you tell me how to achieve that glass illumination? Is it painted in the lower part? I had planned doing something like this with a satin tempered glass and dome led strips but light might get too strong. I love the way your desk looks.
Thank you Axollott! It is an IKEA Galant. It's actually clear glass with matte/brushed/sanded edges and painted white from underneath. The LED strip is just lights it up from the back side.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3833 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 07:51:34 »

Show Image

Is that a white Vita?

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3834 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 09:17:56 »

Show Image

Is that a white Vita?
Yes it is lol. I think the last time I posted my workstation on Reddit more than half the comments were freaking out that people still play Vita lol. XD

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3835 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:42:17 »

Show Image

Is that a white Vita?
Yes it is lol. I think the last time I posted my workstation on Reddit more than half the comments were freaking out that people still play Vita lol. XD

Hey I love my vita, though I'm pissed I couldn't get a coloured one like the Japs QQ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3836 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:42:26 »

Show Image

Is that a white Vita?

:(  Katamari alone makes the Vita worth it.   ^-^

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3837 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 13:39:23 »
Revamped the setup a bit.  Turned my side monitors landscape as I don't need to work with as much code over the summer (I like the way triple wide looks like this better), removed my yamaha amplifier & 5.1 surround.  Using just my headphones & sound card at the moment.  That amp put off so much heat and the sound setup overall took too much space. >~>  It's now being used for my TV as a home theater type thing.  Oh and back to using the Model M as my ergodox is on the fritz. :p

*edit forgot pic haha*

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3838 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 13:44:59 »
The angle between ErgoDox halves. O_o That's insane. How, ummm, wide are you? @_@

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3839 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 13:49:32 »
The angle between ErgoDox halves. O_o That's insane. How, ummm, wide are you? @_@
Eh it's what I finally found to be the comfortable angle to type at. :p
I dunno...I'm not heavily muscled and I wear a size 32 pants relatively loosely XD

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3840 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 14:29:49 »
Wow.

I have average shoulder width and use angle smaller than 15 degrees with no separation between thumb clusters.

Offline telnet

« Reply #3841 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 14:32:01 »

That's actually quite the good angle.  It forces your elbows out, when sitting close enough your shoulders will move back and open up your chest.  It should do wonders for neck strain. 

QFR Frosty Flake | 7bit Phantom

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3842 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 14:34:16 »
It forces your elbows out, when sitting close enough your shoulders will move back and open up your chest.  It should do wonders for neck strain.
This.  Also having a neck pillow on the chair does wonders when I actually sit back in it properly.  :p

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3843 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 15:49:14 »

That's actually quite the good angle.  It forces your elbows out, when sitting close enough your shoulders will move back and open up your chest.  It should do wonders for neck strain. 
O_o

I don't sit and this is me typing on a Kinesis Advantage, which is already a bit too wide for my tastes, because I prefer pointing devices a tad bit closer. Apparently, my shoulders are only slightly wider than average for a male (the average being ~45 cm).

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3844 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 15:59:10 »

Board, mouse, phone (on wireless charger), keycaps.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3845 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:55:20 »
I knew I'd be posting so I cleaned up a little.

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #3846 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 22:48:59 »
It's a little rough, but here's what I'm looking at 6+ hours of the day, minus all the clutter I shoved over to the other side of the desk. I apologize for the poor lighting and dirty mat >.>

OH and the games from when I was still a peasant...

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #3847 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:22:10 »
Show Image

"Can you just come round and help me, man? My machine won't start, I think it's overheating"

"No"

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #3848 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:32:25 »
Show Image

Found the boobies. What do I win?

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #3849 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:38:42 »
Show Image

Found the boobies. What do I win?

Find the invisible Xbox...  :-[