Author Topic: ALL KEYCAPS SITE LIST!  (Read 594961 times)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Re: ALL KEYCAPS SITE LIST!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 07:03:07 »
Oh yeah updated this morning now everything is just sooooo better.

You guys like it this way? I find it cleaner than before now.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 07:21:31 »

The only suggestion I have is to put the actual name of the store in each listing, so it would look like say.... Although I can understand how this could be hard if the store name isn't apparent with some people, like say Feng's shop.

Ctrl-Alt-Store - Managed by Tym & BunnyLake

Other then that, good work everyone!
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 07:27:56 »

The only suggestion I have is to put the actual name of the store in each listing, so it would look like say.... Although I can understand how this could be hard if the store name isn't apparent with some people, like say Feng's shop.

Ctrl-Alt-Store - Managed by Tym & BunnyLake

Other then that, good work everyone!

Yeah great idea. I'll check it out after my meeting.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 16:53:51 »
I know it could change over time, but is it worth listing what type of keycaps they sell?

Like MX, Topre, BS.

Full sets, novelty, partial sets.

PBT, ABS, POM.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 19:26:31 »
I know it could change over time, but is it worth listing what type of keycaps they sell?

Like MX, Topre, BS.

PBT, ABS, POM.

I guess it would be better to create a glossary for those terms in another thread (list of terms/glossary of words) that are frequently used inside the keyboard domain. If somebody has the heart to start it we could dress a list that defines terms in accurate ways therefor newbies could refer to these definitions and afterwards be on the watch for their specific needs for keycaps/keyboards.

Because even if i sort keycaps selling sites by these criterias i hardly believe a person who needs to refer to a list to find some keycaps knows what they mean, therefor he'll have no clue how the list is sorted out.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 19:52:52 »

Like MX, Topre, BS.

PBT, ABS, POM.

I guess it would be better to create a glossary for those terms in another thread (list of terms/glossary of words) that are frequently used inside the keyboard domain. If somebody has the heart to start it we could dress a list that defines terms in accurate ways therefor newbies could refer to these definitions and afterwards be on the watch for their specific needs for keycaps/keyboards.

Because even if i sort keycaps selling sites by these criterias i hardly believe a person who needs to refer to a list to find some keycaps knows what they mean, therefor he'll have no clue how the list is sorted out.

That's a really good idea Quardah, however, information like that might be better served through updating and optimizing the information found in the GH-Wiki than in a thread.

Anyway, the problem with mentioning what types of products these vendors sell is that I'm sure a lot of them may sell products that are essentially one-offs such as artisan keycaps, special group buy set leftovers, and whatnot. I guess what I'm trying to say is the stock may not always be consistent so it might be futile to list what they may sell if in fact, they're not selling it. But then again I guess rowdy already brought that up.... oh well lol

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 20:54:24 »
Yeah well, i believe as of now the list is pretty clean. I'll come back from times to time to update if people leave some additional sites or comments.

I believe i'll start one with keyboards. Now that's gonna be pretty crazy; it's going to be a lot more work. But hey keyboard classification will be pretty easy; switches first, then i'll go for form factor and afterwards i'll specify if it's backlite enabled or not. Only thing, the list is going to be daaaaaamn long.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 09:34:28 »
That's a really good idea Quardah, however, information like that might be better served through updating and optimizing the information found in the GH-Wiki than in a thread.

GH-Wiki might be going away. Check out this thread. I've talked to rkinze as well but I'm not 100% as to how the new system will work. We'll see soon I think.

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 09:56:41 »

GH-Wiki might be going away. Check out this thread. I've talked to rkinze as well but I'm not 100% as to how the new system will work. We'll see soon I think.

Interesting... I haven't used the Wiki all that much so I guess I wouldn't mourn it's loss that much. The question is, where are we going to move all the information to?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 09:58:10 »
I don't want to say in case I'm not supposed to or rknize decides to go with something different. But it will be centralized and there shouldn't be a need for a Wiki account or to learn Wiki code.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 10:46:28 »
Yeah a Wiki is pretty useless considering everything can be found on Wikipedia these days. It's for the best that people work on Wikipedia since this is where everybody converges to get information, and since people working on GH wiki has the goal to inform people, it'll be for the best that they move their information towards where people actually look for it.

That's logical "natural selection" on the internet. Small sites get to be eaten by bigger sites.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 09:37:55 »
The OP really needs to be updated to say what the name of the companies/vendors are instead of who manages the store. Not everyone knows who Sherryton is but they might know of Originative.

It should really have the name of the vendor/store/site (Originative), who runs it (Sherryton), then the website and vendor sub-forum links.

And if you could create a table or space out the lines more so that it's easier to read that be great. It just looks like a mess of urls.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 07:10:42 »
The OP really needs to be updated to say what the name of the companies/vendors are instead of who manages the store. Not everyone knows who Sherryton is but they might know of Originative.

It should really have the name of the vendor/store/site (Originative), who runs it (Sherryton), then the website and vendor sub-forum links.

And if you could create a table or space out the lines more so that it's easier to read that be great. It just looks like a mess of urls.

I will look forward to make the table cleaner if that's what you wish for.

If you want me to add the vendor names someone will have to tell me what they are. I do not have any problems into adding this information to the table but i just don't know where to fetch it for everyone. Maybe you can help me on that one.

Thanks.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:29:42 »
The vendor name is the name of the website....Keypop.org = Keypop, Techkeys.us = TechKeys, Originativeco.com = Originative. You can click on the links that you posted and look at the website name...

And moose posted the link as to how to make a table.

I was going to add this information to the Simple Questions thread but I don't think the information is organized properly.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 14:13:12 »
Soon my friend,

I'm just both a little busy and lazy.

Don't worry.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline microjackson

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:30:48 »
I didnt see a list for topre caps :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:47:49 »
There aren't that many topre caps to be had besides on EK.

Offline microjackson

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:49:59 »
Its unfortunate that's the way it is.  Limited selection and coolest stuff is out of stock.. I wish someone would start making them here in the U.S.! 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:50:52 »
There's not really a market for them I think. You can ask BunnyLake to make you some customs though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:57:18 »
There is an increasing market - a few people recently have asked where to get custom Topre caps from, especially for a HHKB which the RealForce keycaps don't suit.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline microjackson

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:58:02 »
awesome, thanks for the tip.  Im new to the community looking for some cool key caps for my realforce board coming in.  Currently using a ducky 2 shine brown swtich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:09:22 »
awesome, thanks for the tip.  Im new to the community looking for some cool key caps for my realforce board coming in.  Currently using a ducky 2 shine brown swtich

Yep, pretty much this: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys

Do let us know if you find somewhere else selling custom Ropre caps.

Offline microjackson

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:11:32 »
will do.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:51:01 »
Hummm guyz,

It's a little out of topic but i would really enjoy trying Topre switches.

Is anyone aware of a trick to try them in La Belle Province without having to pay 300$+? I mean a god damn HHKB is 260$ plus ****in' 20$ shipping plus here in Québec we have ****ing "dédoinage" which i have no clue how to say it in english but it's about 15% of total price (about 42$!)

Yeah that's ****ing ridiculous for trying a specific switch type but it looks like G33k-Nirvana to me.

Anyway my B-day is November Third maybe somebody can spare me a HHBK (Black Non-Printed would be GOLD) for free lol

Or maybe if i ask elitekeyboard very kindly they'll send me one for free (how can you deny something to a very polite little canadian?) and hell if they do so i'll send them some maple syrup or something.

I want Topre so bad :(

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:57:29 »
Hummm guyz,

Is anyone aware of a trick to try them in La Belle Province without having to pay 300$+? I mean a god damn HHKB is 260$ plus ****in' 20$ shipping plus here in Québec we have ****ing "dédoinage" which i have no clue how to say it in english but it's about 15% of total price (about 42$!)

Yeah that's ****ing ridiculous for trying a specific switch type but it looks like G33k-Nirvana to me.

Anyway my B-day is November Third maybe somebody can spare me a HHBK (Black Non-Printed would be GOLD) for free lol

Or maybe if i ask elitekeyboard very kindly they'll send me one for free (how can you deny something to a very polite little canadian?) and hell if they do so i'll send them some maple syrup or something.

Your best bet is to convince a fellow Canadian geekhacker to do a mini-meetup.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 03:07:11 »
Hummm guyz,

Your best bet is to convince a fellow Canadian geekhacker to do a mini-meetup.

This.

Or ask if a GHer close to you wouldn't mind lending you their keyboard for a week or so.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 09:00:34 »
Has anyone actually purchased from hooleon?

I placed an order two weeks ago and haven't received any shipping info. I also sent them an email a few days ago that got no reply.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 15:27:43 »
Hummm guyz,

I believe the English word for "dédoinage" is customs fees aka protectionism aka screwing the consumer up the arse so the government can make a few extra $$$ in the name of "protecting home industry"
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:44:03 »
Hey guys,

I'm done with the table.

It looks neat but i would like to change the border color to red.

Anyone knows how to change table border color to red? tried bordercolor="red" but it's not working.

Thanks. Anyway now this looks great.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:54:57 »
Don't forget to add the vendor names!

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 07:08:33 »
Don't forget to add the vendor names!

Hum little question here;

What list are we talking about? All three needs to be updated with vendor's name? I mean i don't mind adding it but i just wanna make sure once i've updated it, it does the trick for good.

Thanks & glad you told me.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 07:10:21 »
All of them.

Having a *name* of the vendor associated with everything will make it easier to remember. As opposed to trying to remember different representatives/website URLs.

Also, BunnyLake and Tym have a vendor sub-forum here. Link is: http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=143.0

They've been selling various things such as the Miami GB and Tym's shotgun caps out of there.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 August 2013, 07:13:57 by CPTBadAss »

Offline TheeCOoon

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 23:18:22 »
OMG THANKS FOR THIS LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sai

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 01:05:21 »
i think you have listed wrong sub-forum for unicomp in the SITES WITH SUB-FORUMS : topic.

it should be this (http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=91.0) but you put imsto's site there.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 06:55:07 »
i think you have listed wrong sub-forum for unicomp in the SITES WITH SUB-FORUMS : topic.

it should be this (http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=91.0) but you put imsto's site there.

Thanks for the info

Also i forgot to update it stepped out of my mind. I'll be updating it soon to close it. Soz CptBadAss

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:55:04 »
It,s beautiful now.

I guess none of you have ever seen such work of art.

Now please go on keyboard site list and post some keyboards selling sites that would be appreciated thanks.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:38:58 »
Hey-  Bingecap.com, totally managed by Binge.  What else would you like to know?  :p
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 15:42:21 »
Hey-  Bingecap.com, totally managed by Binge.  What else would you like to know?  :p

If you know more sites do not hesitate to mention them. I will add your sites to the list.

I'll also give it a look baby i'm looking to pimp my poker II lol

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 17:28:29 »

If you know more sites do not hesitate to mention them. I will add your sites to the list.

I'll also give it a look baby i'm looking to pimp my poker II lol

Hey man I appreciate it :)  Thanks so much and I'll be adding some new keys soon!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 18:39:33 »
Glad to help!

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 04:11:32 »
So... maybe this is common knowledge with everyone, and I'm just out of the loop, but where does one buy those Transformers Brobot keycaps? Are they now completely out of production, and I have to buy those second-hand?

If not, where are they being sold? If there is a site that sells them, is it something like clacks, where they only appear whenever they are available, and then disappear from the site when they're sold out?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 07:18:12 »
So... maybe this is common knowledge with everyone, and I'm just out of the loop, but where does one buy those Transformers Brobot keycaps? Are they now completely out of production, and I have to buy those second-hand?

Check out Bro Caps' vendor forum. The V1s you'll have to buy second hand. They were on sale at TechKeys for a little while.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 19:22:09 »
Which one of these sites sells translucent backlit friendly numpad sets? I need one for an upcoming project

Offline topdownjimmy

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:26:54 »
It'd be great if these tables included the keycap profiles and materials available from each seller.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:28:02 »
It'd be great if these tables included the keycap profiles and materials available from each seller.

That's a lot of information.......:eek:

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 18:12:21 »
Indeed, that is a lot of information. It would be great but i don't think i can find out this info for all of these sites.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline banditsf

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 02:26:29 »
Hi! So...I just designed my own keycaps for cherry switches, that are pretty dope. I modified it so that it is a tad bit smaller, so you can fit more keys in an area.
I am not in manufacture phase yet, but getting there. I and a buddy of mine will be launching a kickstarter soon showcasing our new input device that will showcase our caps+ more.
Email me if you are interested in supporting our efforts! Thanks & cheers. B
billywheelerdesign@gmail.com
Cheers

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 11:15:48 »
Hi! So...I just designed my own keycaps for cherry switches, that are pretty dope. I modified it so that it is a tad bit smaller, so you can fit more keys in an area.
I am not in manufacture phase yet, but getting there. I and a buddy of mine will be launching a kickstarter soon showcasing our new input device that will showcase our caps+ more.

Start a thread about it and show us!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 11:16:46 »

Start a thread about it and show us!

Yes please!

Or JWAZ, email for details...and forward it to me...I'm so lazzzyyy