Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 244168 times)

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 23:46:29 »
Has anyone used a CST Trackball?  They look awesome and simple, and the fact that I can leave it plugged in and switch between my Zowie and this seems pretty appealing. Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #401 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 08:01:48 »
Has anyone used a CST Trackball?  They look awesome and simple, and the fact that I can leave it plugged in and switch between my Zowie and this seems pretty appealing. Anyone have any experience with these guys?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cst+site%3Ageekhack.org
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 November 2015, 08:03:31 by davkol »

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #402 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 09:55:41 »
Quick question. What is the point of adding a colon to the search? I've never used that to search for something in my 28 years of existence, unless it was part of what I was searching for, of course.

Oh, and thank you

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 10:59:32 »
Quick question. What is the point of adding a colon to the search? I've never used that to search for something in my 28 years of existence, unless it was part of what I was searching for, of course.

Oh, and thank you
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433

Offline shortround

• Scoot jockey, nomad trash.
« Reply #404 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 01:33:06 »
I used a gen. 1 Death Adder for years.  I liked the feel and functionality (except when Razer Synapse would log me out at random times).  The mouse of course got grimy after a while no matter how many times I cleaned it, so I recently replaced it with a Sensei Raw.  I'm liking the Steelseries software more than Razer's, but I shouldn't have gone with a symmetrical mouse (I probably should have gone with the Rival).  I'm missing the ergonomics that I used to have so I'm going to try a Mionix Naos 7000. 

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 10:12:06 »
I used a gen. 1 Death Adder for years.  I liked the feel and functionality (except when Razer Synapse would log me out at random times).  The mouse of course got grimy after a while no matter how many times I cleaned it, so I recently replaced it with a Sensei Raw.  I'm liking the Steelseries software more than Razer's, but I shouldn't have gone with a symmetrical mouse (I probably should have gone with the Rival).  I'm missing the ergonomics that I used to have so I'm going to try a Mionix Naos 7000.

I had a very similar issue with synapse that forced me to switch back to my g5. I tried a steelseries but my hand would sweat like nobodies business on that thing :/

Offline Moratorius

• Kyle Chong
« Reply #406 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 17:54:08 »
I'm currently using a Logitech G502, but I'm not a fan of the thumb button.  I was using a Steelseries Rival, but its rubber grips melted into a pile of goo... otherwise I would have gotten another one.
HHKB Type-S, Topre Realforce 87UB (55g)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #407 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 21:15:31 »
L-Trac. Tracking is fantastic, form factor sucks. Think I'll pick up another MS Trackball Explorer to replace it.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 21:25:13 »
Zowei fk1 gaymen mouse. This thing is op in counter strike and Photoshop

Offline 7Teku

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 17:15:07 »
The superior ambi sub 80g mouse, G100s.

Offline dan002

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:16:37 »
I'm currently using a Logitech G502, but I'm not a fan of the thumb button.  I was using a Steelseries Rival, but its rubber grips melted into a pile of goo... otherwise I would have gotten another one.

I have the same mouse. Only use left and right click,center whee, and the two button on the left thumb forward and back. All the other buttons I don't use.

I currently have 3 3.9 grams weights, What do you use?
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline Zustiur

« Reply #411 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 22:56:41 »
Evoluent vmouse 4. Left hand at work. Right hand at home.

Offline toidbb

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 23:30:30 »
Logitech G502

Offline Bucake

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 00:21:48 »
left-handed DA because my RSI (right arm) kicked in again :(
for right, i use the logitech G400.

i have a zowie FK2 as well, but the small mouse cramps my hands. unfortunately the DA is too big for my liking. and i'm not really a fan of the G400 shape either.. :D
(man, life is rough!)

i've been thinking about getting a Kana V2 because i really liked the shape, last time i tried it. however, it's getting a bit dated..
does anyone know of newer mice that have a very (very) similar shape to the steelseries kana v2?
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 17:56:42 »
i picked up one of these guys last year. I have my gripes about it but its been good. Just last week i realized i could run it at full 16400dpi, set it to 1000mhz polling rate, and lowered the speed so i could use it, and its way better now. I haven't configured any macros on the side buttons yet so no clue how well that works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FNKMVUO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
-Dana

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 15:56:12 »
left hand: Mionix Avior SK
in front of the keyboard: Contour Rollermouse Free2
right hand: Mionix Castor or Elecom XT2

Each is somehow imperfect.

Avior's side buttons rattle a little bit. The shell is "flat" ambidextrous, thus there's a bit too much hand pronation at times (thus multiple pointing devices). Configuration options are underwhelming, hence I've only swapped left/right button actions… I miss Roccat's EasyShift. Luckily, I finally have a Kova Pure in the mail (after my previous attempts at buying it failed, due to being out of stock or the vendor messing up).

Castor is alright for the most part (as a "dumb" mouse), except its coating somehow feels gross, when I'm a bit sweaty. I wonder why my Kone Pure [Military/Color] sits in the closet…

At last but not least, the rollermouse. Free2 feels flimsier than the old Pro, but about everything else is better. Except the default button mapping is completely stupid, and can't be changed without proprietary drivers for proprietary OS'. The middle large button serves as "left doubleclick" instead of "wheel click", and while the new wide wheel is pretty good, its lack of tactility while scrolling leads to accidental scrolling, when attempting to click instead. Left-/right-handed orientation can't be swapped with a DIP switch or something. And Copy/Paste buttons, that send Ctrl-C/V? Seriously? O_o Yeah, and calibration for a triple-screen setup is weird.

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #416 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 14:00:53 »
Razer Naga for gaming.  Logtiech MX Master for casual computing sessions.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline Murdari0

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:21:59 »
The superior ambi sub 80g mouse, G100s.

I finally ditched my ancient g5 for a 102 a few weeks ago, wish I'd moved to this shell sooner.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:24:47 »
Using my G900 at work for the first time. So far I'm leaning towards I like it better than the G700 I was using.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 10:30:27 »
left-handed DA because my RSI (right arm) kicked in again :(
for right, i use the logitech G400.

i have a zowie FK2 as well, but the small mouse cramps my hands. unfortunately the DA is too big for my liking. and i'm not really a fan of the G400 shape either.. :D
(man, life is rough!)

I love the shape of the G400 and the rest of the Logitech G series around that time (G5, MX510, MX518, etc). Although, I haven't tried very many mouses beyond the Logitech, Microsoft, and cheapo Dell brands.

That sucks about your RSI. I hope you don't have raver's wrist!  :confused:
Raver’s Wrist: A postmodern repetitive stress injury caused by repeated rotation of the hands for many hours—e.g., while holding glow sticks during a rave.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline cloudpost

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:41:38 »
I've got the G602 and I think it's wonderful. Love the wireless and the battery lasts a long time in eco mode.

Offline robertdane101

• This time will pass.
    • Memory Expert
« Reply #422 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 02:47:22 »
An A4Tech model 4200

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 17:00:24 »
For the last two years I've been using my Zowie FK1, it's been a really great mouse and works for claw grips quite nicely.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 12:13:14 »
Logitech G900 and MX Master depending on the task
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 12:14:11 »
I've been using the Avior 7000 for 3 years now..

I'm getting curious about another sensors... you know... gear acquisition syndrome.

I wanna try the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. But it's so ugly! Why hasn't the sensor already been put in other mice? It's been long enough now!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline bastones

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:13:23 »

Had this for over a year - it's a vertical ergonomic mouse. Weird design but it's much more comfortable for me. I've tried using normal mice since and they are just really uncomfortable - I've got used to this form factor now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:16:59 by bastones »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:34:42 »
Stepped up my game... now using the G403 for 2-3 weeks. F*KING AMAZIN 10/10

Offline Bucake

« Reply #428 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 03:51:33 »
back to the wired g403 for now!
for my needs it's probably the best mouse out there, quality-wise. there are a bunch more fantastic mice, but those mice have features i have no need for (wireless, extra buttons, free scroll wheel, etc), and these features just end up getting in the way of my use.

it's weird to grab another mouse just to immediately feel this step down in build quality: mushy-feeling clicks, slippery texture, lousy scroll wheel, stiff cable, high weight, etc.
unfortunately the shape of the g403 is not that great for me, so i'll probably switch to something else (again) when i get tired of "making it work".
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #429 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 07:26:36 »
back to the wired g403 for now!
for my needs it's probably the best mouse out there, quality-wise. there are a bunch more fantastic mice, but those mice have features i have no need for (wireless, extra buttons, free scroll wheel, etc), and these features just end up getting in the way of my use.

it's weird to grab another mouse just to immediately feel this step down in build quality: mushy-feeling clicks, slippery texture, lousy scroll wheel, stiff cable, high weight, etc.
unfortunately the shape of the g403 is not that great for me, so i'll probably switch to something else (again) when i get tired of "making it work".

What did you use before then?

Offline digisax

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 20:30:01 »
I just got a Kensington Orbit trackball, so for general use I've been using that but for games I still use a G403 wireless.
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 15:59:03 »
Avior's side buttons rattle a little bit. The shell is "flat" ambidextrous, thus there's a bit too much hand pronation at times (thus multiple pointing devices). Configuration options are underwhelming, hence I've only swapped left/right button actions… I miss Roccat's EasyShift. Luckily, I finally have a Kova Pure in the mail (after my previous attempts at buying it failed, due to being out of stock or the vendor messing up).
So, I've been using the Kova Pure/2016 for a while.

My only (somewhat nitpicky) complaints are that
  • sweaty hands leave some residue on the coating as if it were just glossy plastic; I can't remember anything like this with the older coating on savu, lua and kone pure;
  • the main buttons could've been slightly softer and less clicky;
  • holding the EasyShift button always lights up both sources (wheel and strike in the rear) in bright blue, meh;
  • the shape could've been closer to the avior: perhaps wider in the middle and longer in the rear?

Otherwise, it's as good as expected ("titan" wheel, remapping, assembly, tracking) or even better: the configuration UI in GNU/Linux drivers appears more organized (finally) and the top side buttons are fantastic (I use them for Page Up/Down or Home/End w/ EasyShift).

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #432 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 13:59:59 »
Just upgraded my Logitech G900 to the G903 in anticipation of the wireless charging mouse pad
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline fleischverpackung

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 11:45:56 »
Razor DeahAdder on desktop, and Logitech MX Master on couch

Offline LastBrat

« Reply #434 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 13:12:02 »
Hi all, new user here :)
I've been using an intuos tablet for over 10 years now, love it for games where you have a cursor, makes left click effortless and you use your arm instead of just your wrist. Recommended!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:31:35 »
Logitech G502 at home, Evoluent4 Vertical Mouse at work. I miss my G500. Been eyeing some trackballs lately too.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:35:44 »
Mostly a Razor Naga Epic “gaming mouse”, and if/when my hand starts hurting from too much mousing around I switch to a Kensington Expert Mouse (an Apple Magic Trackpad used to be my backup device, but I accidentally left the batteries in it too long and they leaked on something important).

FWIW, I wish I’d gotten the Logitech equivalent to the Naga because its software is craptastic on my system, but the software for my G13 works mostly kinda fineish (they both have issues, but Logitech’s bugs don’t bite me as hard or as often... YMMV).

(Having to deal with driver bugs is part of why I decided to build my keyboard... open-source firmware means that if I come across a bug that the vendor isn’t fixing quickly enough, I can do it myself.)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:54:28 »
EVGA TORQ x5 (Avago/Pixart 3988 sensor). Since EVGA included mouse feet in the package I had an excuse to open the mouse up. Harvested a nice B F Goodrich-like scroll wheel from a retired ball mouse. Knew that would come in handy one day. No more scrolling on a flat tire :))

Looks like an Alps clone encoder but I could be wrong about that. Left hand for Linux and right hand for Windows/Gaming. Perhaps a prelude to Zowie's FK1.

edit - added picture

180453-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 21:30:21 by csmertx »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:09:48 »
I've been playing with rotary encoders these days and set up etch-a-sketch pointing device. I never seen the toy in this country and I don' t know which dial controls X axis and which does Y in legitimate setup.

My daily driver has been trusy MX510 for long time.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:27:11 »
My index finger.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 02:27:48 »
I've been playing with rotary encoders these days and set up etch-a-sketch pointing device. I never seen the toy in this country and I don' t know which dial controls X axis and which does Y in legitimate setup.

My daily driver has been trusy MX510 for long time.

Show Image

Man my MX510 would still be alive today if someone hadn't spilled coffee on it. Great mouse!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #441 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 14:47:23 »
Just got a Contour Perfit mouse.

The shape is weird, but other than that… finally a mouse with proper three buttons on top! The thumb wheel and tilting back/forward button is alright. Also, the build quality is fairly decent (unlike in some other ergonomic mice—for example, the Humanscale one was particularly shoddy).

There's a left-handed version too…

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #442 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:15:41 »
Anybody using a Logitech G603?

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #443 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 19:28:30 »
Currently, I am using a white Logitech G203  ;D
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline maylily

• Custom keyboard | Artisan keycap
« Reply #444 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 00:13:37 »
i'm using alienware tactx mouse, perfect weight and tracking very nice  :cool:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 06:56:23 »
The left microswitch in my Elecom EX-G has started doubleclicking after barely 1.5 years as my secondary pointing device (used only with the laptop). Until I fix it, I'm kind of stuck with Logitech TrackMan Marble (microswitches already replaced) that I'm too lazy to configure properly though.

It's funny, because I have a heap of various decent mice at home, but I can't be arsed to carry a mousepad around and hate using a mouse without any decent mousepad.

Offline Chevy_Monsenhor

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 12:12:52 »
I have a two devices: a Logitech M570 and a Logitech G102.
The M570 is my jack of all trades, i have it for as long as 3 years, i use it on my desk at home, i take it to work every morning, i use it on my couch at home, on the go with laptop, where i go, i take it with me. Its so used in fact, i had to change the click buttons once and the ball twice! I'm considering leaving it at work and buying a new Elecom HUGE for home.
The G102 is just the gaming *****, it can take my bangs pretty well, its very light and has a great sensor.
Keyboards: Leopold FC900R (Pinks), Logitech G613
Mice: Glorious Model O (Glossy), Logitech G305

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:08:12 »
Zowie FK2, after my Intellimouse 1.1 and 3.0 died on me. Sad day but surprisingly the sensor is accurate with no skipping at 800 DPI. Still having trouble switching from 400=>800. Helps though to prevent pixel skipping @ 1080P, then again I got used to that..

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #448 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:23:55 »
I use Elecom HUGE trackball at home for everything other than gaming. I have G403 for gaming, nice mouse, light and accurate.
At office, I have Elecone DEFT trackball.

I plan to get Logitech MX Ergo soon as I'm intrigued by its tilt feature

Offline Bucake

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 05:49:58 »
razer boomslang, lol