Author Topic: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!  (Read 114584 times)

Offline mimalik

There should be a SA version of this drop in near future, and soon.

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

Is this for sure or a suggestion? I would be very interested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline nephlock

Is this for sure or a suggestion? I would be very interested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion. There are currently no plans to take this to SA, but that doesn't mean it wont ever happen. Any future runs of this set will be greatly influenced by the success of this buy.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Grail set would be Metropolis with yellow Hangul (Korean) sub legends.
Maybe next round?

Offline Furikurichemy

Grail set would be Metropolis with yellow Hangul (Korean) sub legends.
Maybe next round?

I'd love to see more Hangul sub legends in general.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
I'm in on this.  Get the GB up
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline nephlock

Re: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 16:19:51 »
Small additional update has been made with the full list of Proxies (the addition of Daily Clack for those down under), as well as the kit pricing for each. Not much left to do kit wise, so the updates will be minimal until the GB.

A BIG thanks to everyone for all the support and love getting this set to where it is, and a HUGE thanks to Mike at NovelKeys for everything he's done.

I'll see you guys on the 25th! Feel free to reach out if you still have any questions :)

Offline RamenTechMech

Re: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 16:22:11 »
Woot woot!  :p

Offline TuCZnak

What's the purpose of the cyan |\ key in base kit R1?

Offline iaman

I think that's a fairly standard 60/65% layout thing? Probably a HHKB layout thing.

Offline TuCZnak

I think that's a fairly standard 60/65% layout thing? Probably a HHKB layout thing.
Ah, HHKB, makes sense. Not really standard on 60/65 though, which is why I didn't realize it. Thanks ;-)

Offline iaman

Ah, HHKB, makes sense. Not really standard on 60/65 though, which is why I didn't realize it. Thanks ;-)
Come to think of it, it's probably only "standard" on the HHKB-inspired 60/65%s  :))

Offline azulyf

Is it too late to ask for a 1.25 key in space kits? Anyway this set is amazing and and would be a must-buy.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
definitely in

Offline geekit

Is it too late to ask for a 1.25 key in space kits? Anyway this set is amazing and and would be a must-buy.

If 1.25 space can still go in, I'd love to have 2u shift key in the main kit ;D

Btw OP, can kindly put the key sizes on the kit pictures? (for the non 1u like 1.25u, 1.5u, 1.75u, etc). Would be easier for a noob like me to see the dimension & possible combinations. Thanks.

Offline bobdenard

+1 for 2u shift, GK64 and DZ60 are pretty popular boards.

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
Hello I am really in to this set, is there any EU vendors you can fix? There is plenty of them I would be glad if you asked them like mykeyboard.eu or candykeys. Also for the desk pads I hope you can fix EU vendor as well :D Looking forward to this.

Offline iaman

Hello I am really in to this set, is there any EU vendors you can fix? There is plenty of them I would be glad if you asked them like mykeyboard.eu or candykeys. Also for the desk pads I hope you can fix EU vendor as well :D Looking forward to this.
I think mykeyboard.eu is listed as the EU proxy for this, so you should be good. Not sure for the deskmats, though

Offline mgsickler

I think mykeyboard.eu is listed as the EU proxy for this, so you should be good. Not sure for the deskmats, though

I don’t think there will be an issue with them as a proxy for deskpads as well.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Happy this is running on Novelkeys!
Hope this drops tomorrow haha. Some wait time to sit through.
Definitely in

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Mike, assuming you will be a vendor for the deskmat as well? It is so dope.

Offline leexy

Definitely in

dropping tmr just for oldcat. all in!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Definitely in

dropping tmr just for oldcat. all in!

Haha :)

Offline geistmate

Sorry it's hard to tell the units for the spacebars, but just making sure it's the 2.25 / 2.75 split is included?

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
Sorry it's hard to tell the units for the spacebars, but just making sure it's the 2.25 / 2.75 split is included?

1.75, 1.5
2, 2.25, 2.75 (concave)

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline nephlock

Btw OP, can kindly put the key sizes on the kit pictures? (for the non 1u like 1.25u, 1.5u, 1.75u, etc). Would be easier for a noob like me to see the dimension & possible combinations. Thanks.

Those renders are straight from GMK, so they are not easily manipulated, but i will see what i can do!

As of right now, the kits are locked and there will be no new keys added. If we manage to reach 500 MOQ on the base kit we will have the opportunity to put in a few extra keys, how many and which ones hasn't been determined yet.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Those renders are straight from GMK, so they are not easily manipulated, but i will see what i can do!

As of right now, the kits are locked and there will be no new keys added. If we manage to reach 500 MOQ on the base kit we will have the opportunity to put in a few extra keys, how many and which ones hasn't been determined yet.

Easily 500!
If you consider adding novelties, Please consider spreading keys in different rows :))

Offline geistmate

Any chance of getting a 1.25u R3 key?

Offline jinhan108

For Asia, would zfrontier be putting this on their English site as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lolafineday

Anyone know if this set would look nice in a polycarb case?

Offline dimo

I think it would. Since PC is a nice neutral compared to all the colors in this set.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

It should!
I will put on some deep color caps on THINK65 and share pictures when I get the prototype soon. I have quite a few keycap sets to work with.

Offline lolafineday

It should!
I will put on some deep color caps on THINK65 and share pictures when I get the prototype soon. I have quite a few keycap sets to work with.
That’s great! Think65 is the board I’m planning on getting

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

It should!
That’s great! Think65 is the board I’m planning on getting

Thanks bro!!

Offline iaman

Two and a half weeks can't come soon enough

Offline geekit

Forgot to ask; the blocks (spacebar) set, I assume the R4 & R4c are concave, while the rest are convex?

Also, regarding the key size on the set images, I can help to do a quick overlay if you can PM me the key sizes.

Offline dantambok

might be a dumb question but.. will this be on english zF too?
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline mgsickler

might be a dumb question but.. will this be on english zF too?

Yes it will be.

Offline jacobavenkraft

Re: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (12.9 Update - Color Comparisons, Mini Mat)
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 11:48:20 »
Is there any harm in offering the 40s kit and cancelling it if there isn’t enough interest? I definitely understand not footing the bill for the unpurchased kits but think it should at least have a chance.

Not inherently. But because a 40's kit would require the commitment to a base kit as well, it can create a predicament. So for example, say the base kit makes MOQ to 260, but 40 of those are people who back out because the 40s kit didn't make it... it takes the base kit back below the MOQ threshold by 30 kits. Leaving those in the base thinking it was going to make it, and then having it not. This would mean either footing the bill for the difference in base kit, or footing the bill to get MOQ on the 40s kit, which might end up being around the same price. My guess is that this is what happened with the GMK DMG buy.

Transparently... by the numbers in the IC survey there is little chance of the 40s kit making it to full MOQ, so it really comes down to if there is enough interest in vendor/proxies/etc. buying the extras. Right now i am talking with a few people to see about the risk on this, and that will determine whether a 40's kit gets added.

Again, hopefully this helps give some context for those in the limbo. Doin what i can peeps.

The Assembly Base Kits that have been offered recently have solved this problem by grouping Ergodox and 40's users with their own base kit, so if it fails, the main base kit will still be supported. Check out the Assembly kit in Oblivion V2 for reference.

Edit: Never mind on the 40 bit kit, I just saw your previous post mentioning Space Cadet

To be fair, Space Cadet is not a great example because it split the market for a 40s kit by providing an Assembly kit for Ergo users and a 40s kit for Ortho users (if it had combined the kits into one, the market would have been closer to 170 (yes, I know some would balk at the higher price necessary when combining those kits, but if it was still lower than the base kit it might be worth it)).  Also the GMK DMG Pocket kit could even not cover a standard Planck layout with correct legends (it would need an R2 1u Tab, R3 1u Esc, and a second R4 1u Shift) and it could not cover a standard Preonic layout either (it would need an R1 1u Backspace).  So, if you were already faced with having mangled legends on an Ortho why not just go with the base kit and try to get coverage with just that.  I am not surprised at all that GMK DMG could not make MOQ.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
3.25 cannot come soon enough.

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
Cannot wait for this drop.. Cannot.
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Will support this as well most likely. Mad set.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline lolafineday

If your price or shipping fee is lower for me I'll buy from you probably. Gmk metro is a great set it will sell A LOT

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
If your price or shipping fee is lower for me I'll buy from you probably. Gmk metro is a great set it will sell A LOT

We are not the resellers in the EU, I just wanted to buy the set myself for personal use :) Sorry!
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline lolafineday

We are not the resellers in the EU, I just wanted to buy the set myself for personal use :) Sorry!
Lmfao ok

Offline paulogdm2

I registered just to post that I want to build at least 2 keyboards with Metropolis. Really amazing kit! Congrats!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I registered just to post that I want to build at least 2 keyboards with Metropolis. Really amazing kit! Congrats!

Good boye!

Offline piit79

Pity! :)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life