Author Topic: Trans movement.  (Read 6404 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Trans movement.
« on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 20:40:24 »
Did some reading today.

>pu7in>jk rowling comment>cancel culture> trans movement.

It would seem that humanity's processing power has greatly increased, therefore we now have the free time and space to "more accurately" assess the various hardware+software configuration that humans are born with.

Where previously, we've had boy girl, 0,1,   we now have the capacity for float_point processing, non binary classifications.

Probably no one is born binary,  everyone's got some decimals.  Now the challenge is to how many bits of precision do we assign to new data types.

The conservatives, want the old stuff, reduce processing load/power, ease of integration/operation in existing system environments.

The progressives, want the new system, more accuracy, development of new programs/culture possible.

Is this a workable analogy of the system update?

Offline granola bar enthusiast

Re: Trans movement.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 21:08:05 »
call me an idiot but i would compare it to windows 11, it has its upsides which everyone was excited about at first but then everyone realized its issues and how it got out of hand

no hate to anyone trans or anything like that, i just find it all a bit weird

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 21:09:33 »
there's gonna be backwards compatibility issues with updates.  that's normal. we just make more patches.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 21:21:34 »
wow 1.4 million usa identify as trans ?

That's quite alot.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 22:15:48 »
Where previously, we've had boy girl, 0,1,   we now have the capacity for float_point processing, non binary classifications.
That is what we teach children (and something doctors have hidden from us for a long time).

We have XX, XY, XXY, possibly XXX and then there is chimerism (2 embroyos fusing into one) and intersex.
And that's just the chromosomes, that doesn't account for the brain itself which like you said, most experts look at it as a spectrum, not M or F but M<--------->F and we all fall somewhere in between (for gender, sexuality and presentation/appearance).

As to the doctors hiding it
Genital defects are often hidden from parents so as to protect the child from the parents(!), in many cultures an imperfect baby is considered worthless. They often correct it without the parent ever even knowing it happened (they may not even bill insurance) which has led to problems for these people later in life and there being no record of the procedure that was used to "fix" them. This doesn't just happen in third world countries, it happens all over, including the US. Unfortunately doctors have covered it up from the public and so the public doesn't understand how common it really is, rumor is as high as 10% have some deformity, usually minor.  Ever meet someone who just didn't "operate" normally, it's quite possible they had reconstructive surgery without being told. This is why there's a push (with some success) by intersex people to get doctors to stop playing god on infants.

Think about how many deformed animals we see and yet we see only a very small portion of the animal kingdom, we're every bit as complex so there's no reason we don't have just as many defects.

These people have always existed, we just didn't know how many because they didn't out themselves or discuss it for fear of being ostracized or being burned at the stake.
It's not new, it's not getting out of hand, we just found better ways to classify, identify and acknowledge it without killing people.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 04:02:31 »
Social progress takes a very long time and can be undone in just a fraction of that. Humans reaching cultural maturity is probably the hardest thing we'll ever have to do.

It'd definitely a good thing that awareness is being raised wrt these topics, but I think the extremely aggressive nature of many PC groups and movements is a bad thing for the people they're trying to protect. This is often easy to explain as the majority of members of these groups aren't part of these minorities, but are rather majority people who feel entitled to be offended on other people's behalf. However, as someone who's part of a minority myself, I can say with confidence that extremely aggressive counterstances are not productive. They just serve to create more anger and diversity. First people need to understand before they can accept. In other words, right idea, non-ideal execution.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 04:09:14 »
World is going to crap...
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2022, 04:10:57 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 06:31:52 »
World is going to crap...

/primarily due to animal agriculture..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 06:35:28 »
Social progress takes a very long time and can be undone in just a fraction of that. Humans reaching cultural maturity is probably the hardest thing we'll ever have to do.

If we had infinite processing power, technically every person would have their own unique gender, as unique as their arrangement of atoms.

Since resources are finite, we still need boxes for sorting to maintain interactive efficiency, even though we can today sort more types of boxes than before..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 07:28:14 »

If we had infinite processing power, technically every person would have their own unique gender, as unique as their arrangement of atoms.

Since resources are finite, we still need boxes for sorting to maintain interactive efficiency, even though we can today sort more types of boxes than before..

Maybe gender is just not that important a metric. Maybe boxifying it isn't a great solution and we've just been taking the easy route.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 07:40:32 »
Maybe gender is just not that important a metric. Maybe boxifying it isn't a great solution and we've just been taking the easy route.

Then we're down to clothed vs naked people.  Why naked = bad, uncouth   ?

Can society be reworked at that level, maybe, again, processing power... not to downplay the issues, but Climate change will kill everyone, binary or not.  we have a very limited window

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 07:59:16 »

Then we're down to clothed vs naked people.  Why naked = bad, uncouth   ?

I agree actually. The PC culture has made people vastly more prudish over the last few decades, and nudity is now way more of an issue than it was before. This is most definitely a bad thing in my opinion.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 08:34:41 »

extremely aggressive counterstances are not productive. They just serve to create more anger

Confusion = Fear = Anger = Hate

The entire world today is in confusion + fear.

And with good reason, the human race is facing truly existential threats from multiple directions. We are slowly beating back the Covid pandemic but are probably fated to living with it indefinitely. The schism driven by income inequality is growing exponentially and is unsustainable, yet the ultra-wealthy (with some rare individual exceptions) have not yielded an inch, and in fact have doubled down in their avarice. Crippling governments and preventing them from sincerely addressing the real problems of the world is merely "collateral damage" in their quest of greed. No one can afford to ignore or fail to recognize that fact.

The elephant in the room is Global Warming (aka Global Weirding) and near-universal response to that has been finger-pointing and "you go first" ....

The best (and really the only) tool we have for eliminating confusion is scientific analysis and - here is the hard part - presenting it and explaining to the general population what it really says and means. The decades-long assault on science (and, more recently in the US, history) has been fueled by those who "benefit" from the results of chaos. I put the word "benefit" in quote marks because there are people who aren't really looking for more than having their Twitter posts viewed by a lot of people, or imagining getting the opportunity to actually physically feel the destructive force of the ordnance that they have been collecting.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2022, 08:36:28 by fohat.digs »
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 08:40:12 »
I mean I'm bi (which at this point everyone is ****ing bi, but that aside) so I guess that qualifies me to speak on this matter. Long and short of it is (And I might just be privileged to be born on the not insane liberal coast of America) people make too much of a deal about it, on both sides. I don't think trans people are going to eat our babies and burn down our farmland, but at the same time the aggressive nature that some people take towards getting people to accept others does nobody any good. People are people. If they're not hurting anyone else, and they're doing what makes them comfortable with themselves than what can I say. Everyone should be able to wake up and be happy with the person they are, and even if I don't understand some of it, it's best to live and let live. You don't gotta tie people to the cross and force them to accept others, but a little more than just tolerating is needed from people. I tolerate modern WKL users, that doesn't mean I accept them or think they're sane.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 09:37:34 »
people make too much of a deal about it, on both sides. I don't think trans people are going to eat our babies and burn down our farmland, but at the same time the aggressive nature that some people take towards getting people to accept others does nobody any good.
Yes, that's exactly my stance on it as well. It's good that people are more critically looking at these issues, but the way some are approaching this now is doing more harm than good, I think.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 11:02:27 »
but at the same time the aggressive nature that some people take towards getting people to accept others does nobody any good.
If you wait and sit idly by for a cultural shift it won't happen, even in your great grandchildren's lifetime.

We freed the slaves in 1865 and 99 years later we still had to pass the Civil Rights Act and even then redlining and other abuses still persisted.
Women worked the factories in WW1 and WW2 and could finally vote but were largely still unable to buy property until the Civil Rights Act.
Women asking to get their tubes tied today are often denied by their doctors even in their 30's because "your future husband may want kids".

Gay Rights is the fastest social/cultural movement in history, but don't pat yourself on the back just yet, if the Supreme Court gets it's way much of that WILL (not could) be reversed in a matter of weeks (Alito admitted as much). As far as many are concerned it's a done deal and they've already started on the next targets, gay marriage, birth control (pills and IUD) and even condoms.

The whole "aggressive" narrative is a push back by these same people to make you drag your heels and be complacent.
Asking nicely and just waiting will not get the job done, they have far more time than you, while you sit and wait patiently they're teaching the next generation to do the same as they did.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 11:28:27 »

they're teaching the next generation to do the same as they did.

Frankly, I am depending on the next generation to wake up. At least they see and fear looming disasters like climate change, even if they are too late to remedy the worst of it.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 11:37:00 »
The whole "aggressive" narrative is a push back by these same people to make you drag your heels and be complacent.
Asking nicely and just waiting will not get the job done, they have far more time than you, while you sit and wait patiently they're teaching the next generation to do the same as they did.

Semi_suspicious this is a distraction from how much they're spending on our god damn war.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 13:32:19 »
but at the same time the aggressive nature that some people take towards getting people to accept others does nobody any good.
If you wait and sit idly by for a cultural shift it won't happen, even in your great grandchildren's lifetime.
You're not wrong of course. But you're not actually disputing my point either. You can fight back, and that's a good thing — but you can also go about it the wrong way. I'm very happy that people are taking up the fight, as well as standing up for others, but I think they could improve their tactics on some fronts, is what I'm saying.

Being a gay man in arguably the most liberal country on Earth, I'm perhaps in luck that the worst of my battles have been fought already. But I know for damn sure how I wouldn't go about trying to win the last remaining ground. I think currently many people are being heavily ostracised not for their malice, but because they accidentally say or do things out of ignorance, rather than hatred or spite. This doesn't help, because it creates a culture of topic-avoidance and people-shunning whereas that should be the exact opposite of what you want to achieve; you want to educate and familiarise instead. The whole point of acceptance is to treat people equally; having to walk on eggshells around them is not helpful to either party. I want my friends to be able to make gay jokes about and around me, because I know they wouldn't say anything out of malice, and that way, they have a much easier time accepting me and other gays too. I'm 100% convinced the same holds true for trans people, or any minority.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 15:25:54 »
I think current media influences and confuses a lot of young people into choosing the hardest difficulty before they even leave the tutorial area these days

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 11:41:47 »
Oklahoma's Gov. Stitt signs bill restricting school bathrooms to birth sex, effective immediately

don't know why, had to read that headline over and over for 30seconds because couldn't figure out what birth secs was, secs that leads to birth, birthing of *** , giving birth in bathrooms, ?? ?? ??

actually had to read the article, they meant gender someone's born with.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 12:26:51 »

Gov .... signs bill restricting

Heaven forbid that they should spend their time and energy on irrelevant issues such as attempting to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 02:53:49 »
deleted
I promised to stay away from this thread......
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 03:07:54 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 22:19:53 »
I do think the acceptance of straight guys doing or wearing feminine things is a net positive outcome. Nothing wrong with feeling sexy, no matter your gender or preferences. No need to fake muchismo overtly to make all your guy friends think you are straight. Younger people are generally much cooler and more open with people exploring. That's a good thing, just as long as we don't all start ****ing in the streets.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 08:06:35 »

all start ****ing in the streets

Yes, that is highly likely amongst people who are not comfortable with their own bodies.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 13:57:16 »

all start ****ing in the streets

Yes, that is highly likely amongst people who are not comfortable with their own bodies.

I have seen some outfits that legit make me feel a bit uncomfortable, so ****ing in the streets I don't think would be off the table some. A couple days ago a girl came in the store wearing just boxers and a see-through bra with heavy work boots. It's too much these days, clothing has gone to far imo. Everyone sees it, but no one says anything. Like some girls are trying to get away with wearing as little as possible. I used to enjoy it, but now it's just annoying and frustrating.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 14:44:10 »

I used to enjoy it, but now it's just annoying

If the body in question is attractive, I certainly enjoy it.
But there are a lot of people out there showing off bodies that would better be hidden from view.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 29 May 2022, 22:18:11 »
That's a good thing, just as long as we don't all start ****ing in the streets.

Start?
When have they not?
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 29 May 2022, 23:28:00 »
That's a good thing, just as long as we don't all start ****ing in the streets.

Start?
When have they not?

headscratch, Tp4 doesn't outdoors much,  has the outside world changed ?

Offline olidavhay

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 19:51:41 »
Trans..... movement?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 20:10:27 »

all start ****ing in the streets.

Start?
When have they not?

Tp4 doesn't outdoors much, has the outside world changed ?

Hell yes.
Just go outside and you get laid.
In the street.
You won't have to troll females any more.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 07:36:51 »
You're not wrong of course. But you're not actually disputing my point either. You can fight back, and that's a good thing — but you can also go about it the wrong way. I'm very happy that people are taking up the fight, as well as standing up for others, but I think they could improve their tactics on some fronts, is what I'm saying.

Being a gay man in arguably the most liberal country on Earth, I'm perhaps in luck that the worst of my battles have been fought already. But I know for damn sure how I wouldn't go about trying to win the last remaining ground. I think currently many people are being heavily ostracised not for their malice, but because they accidentally say or do things out of ignorance, rather than hatred or spite. This doesn't help, because it creates a culture of topic-avoidance and people-shunning whereas that should be the exact opposite of what you want to achieve; you want to educate and familiarise instead. The whole point of acceptance is to treat people equally; having to walk on eggshells around them is not helpful to either party. I want my friends to be able to make gay jokes about and around me, because I know they wouldn't say anything out of malice, and that way, they have a much easier time accepting me and other gays too. I'm 100% convinced the same holds true for trans people, or any minority.

off topic here but i had NO idea you were gay, its nice to see some representation from my fav tubers  ;D
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 09:25:59 »

I just want to live on this planet

So many Americans today have forgotten (or never knew, since our education system was so profoundly crippled in a process well underway by the 1980s) that this was a founding principle of our country.

Our Declaration of Independence clearly stated the "inalienable rights" to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

And our Constitution further elucidates its purpose to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty"

I have watched the de-railing of the train of progress as it has occurred in my lifetime, and it is (not was) a horrifying spectacle.

Offline udller

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 09:43:09 »
i read this as trains movement, i thought someone here would have had cool pictures of trains and keyboards at the same time. :(

Offline Pretendo

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 09:02:15 »

I just want to live on this planet

So many Americans today have forgotten (or never knew, since our education system was so profoundly crippled in a process well underway by the 1980s) that this was a founding principle of our country.

Our Declaration of Independence clearly stated the "inalienable rights" to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

And our Constitution further elucidates its purpose to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty"

I have watched the de-railing of the train of progress as it has occurred in my lifetime, and it is (not was) a horrifying spectacle.

This is the part that gets me the most. Even if you don't understand the whole non-binary scene, why is it your place to judge how other people live their lives?  So many of these opposers claim to be about small government and personal freedom, then rail hard against people choosing their own pronouns as if it were a personal attack. Why is it so hard to respect people's wishes and use neutral pronouns if they ask you to?

I'm caught in the middle of allot of this debate, having a sibling who identifies as non-binary and parents who don't believe it's a real thing. I'm caught trying to empathize with my parent's outdated world view so I can reasonably talk to them about it, but also defending my sibling's right to live their life how they see fit and calling my folks out when I have to.

I've heard every crazy argument under the sun:

"This is a Chinese plot to tear down the United States by distracting us with social non-issues."

If you just went ahead and said "they/them", you wouldn't be distracted by it and would foil the evil "plot". A plot which you've provided no evidence for.

"If I used they/them in my English class I would've failed. It's too confusing to switch back and forth, and use a plural to refer to a single person."

You say they/them to refer to individuals all the time without realizing it. You're only the grammar police when it comes to digging your heels in about non-binary people. The English language is hardly a rigid thing and is allowed to change, otherwise thy language wouldst soundeth liketh yond hath used in a shakespeare st'ry.

"It's all mental illness. If I play along and use gender neutral pronouns I'm enabling mental illness."

It's literally not your business if it's mental illness.  It may or may not be depending on each individual. Who cares. If somebody wants to be called something, just call them that and keep your opinions to yourself.  If they want to change their mind later, then change pronouns.

"Why can't people just use the pronouns of their birth gender and not conform to gender stereotypes? We had tomboys growing up but they were still girls."

They totally can, if that's what they choose. They can also choose to not associate with their gender. Just use the pronouns people ask you to use please.

IBM Model F-122 6110347 -- September 13th, 1984
IBM Model M 1391404 -- April 14th, 1988
Rosewill RK-9000

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 09:21:14 »
It's a combination of problems.

We had media consolidation, so it's no longer free press as it was, the big megaphones are so big, that it eclipses the "freedom" we have.   

It doesn't matter how FREE you are to Speech,  if someone can just speak infinitely LOUDER about THEIR agenda, they've successfully suppressed FREE.

The people in charge have too much wealth and power.

They leverage that power to distract us from real social problems, income inequality, war mongering, crumbling infrastructure, CLIMATE CHANGE.  The media gets us bickering about inconsequential things, to distract us from the MAJOR undoings they've undertaken beneath that cover.

Gender pronouns pretty much matter to NO ONE, Neither the person who created their own, Nor the person who is too lazy to learn a new word.  It makes 0 actual difference.  People invent their own words and slang all the time,  we put it on urban dictionary , and that's it.

But what exactly is gender politics, they purposely create a rift between 2 persons who don't really care one way or another,  they make them hate each other over this diminutive difference. And they leverage this strife in the voting process.

As for the it's a "disease" argument. It's obviously not a disease. There is only some evidence that environmental pollutants and specifically hormones in sewage indicate exposed animals can incur odd gender behaviors, gay fish.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised there is an industrial chemical element to the increase of  non-binary people born over time.  Microplastics has also shown to be an endocrine disruptor, there may be down stream consequences.  It's probably the MILK though, all the estrogen. Modern industrial Cows are milked while pregnant, the milk contains a huge amount of animal estrogen which work exactly like human estrogen in the body.  Men who drink alot of milk develop m00bies. Do pregnant women taking in lots of milk and milk derivatives alter the developmental chemistry of the fetus ?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 10:16:17 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 21:33:17 »
Grandfather of the Colorado Springs shooter.

Offline iri

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 08:42:10 »
TIL that people in Seattle don't **** in the streets. What a backwards place.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 13:46:49 »
Love coming back to a hobby after 5 years to see this... big yikes

Just a tip: if you're not trans, don't comment on trans issues. This goes for anything, racism, sexism, etc. It's just not your place when you have literally no idea what that experience is. Put your ego aside, and listen to the people whose actual lives are affected. Y'all need to touch some grass...

Tp4, I did really like your analogy tho. Too many folks are restricted to only accept int data types :mad:

Offline olidavhay

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 30 November 2022, 00:24:15 »
Alright I got my crap together. Hi! I'm trans.

I'd like to share this cus I know a disturbing amount of individuals will see this and assume that [insert minority group here] is overreacting. I'm just here to let ya know we are a single step away, and the conservatives are already attaching some very harmful stereotypes/labels to us in recent times. In my home state if someone somehow discovers my inherent physicality, they can claim that said discovery frightened them so deeply that they panicked and assaulted/killed me. And it is an acceptable excuse. Housing and employment is also up in the air depending on whether or not your landlord/boss doesn't like a core part of your existence.

I know that even for the LGBT community we seem to be popping up everywhere, but I'm confused how that needs to immediately be your "problem" or how it's a "problem" at all. We aren't machines and there's no code unless you're screwing around with DNA. I am aware that y'all are trying to understand how and why, and I understand that because I love to know things! But you never will understand. That isn't me saying you're stupid or anything, the genuine curiosity rules that out. However, until you look in the mirror and realize that you are intrinsically incorrect to yourself, in that next to nothing will make you fully okay with what you physically are, you are wasting your precious time. Even some of the most content of us are hyperaware that we do not fit in; not because we want to, but because when you don't you're the first ones to go.

Also I'm not yelling/mad at anyone I just wanna inform cus it's about to get real ugly before it gets pretty. :B

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 30 November 2022, 08:48:28 »

frightened them so deeply that they panicked

all are trying to understand how and why

One of my favorite observations was Salman Rushdie saying "Fundamentalist religion has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to do with power."

Sexuality in all its forms, even straight-up traditional sex, is a classic "wedge issue" for politicians, and I have always been perplexed as to why so many people concern themselves with things that don't concern them. Regardless of how loud it is inside the echo chambers of their filter bubbles.

Moral Panics  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic  have been around as long as humans have lived in communities larger than villages, and I find it interesting that "American sociologists tended to emphasize psychological factors, while the British portrayed "moral panics" as crises of capitalism."

But the bottom line is that those people who oppress their fellow citizens act in direct contradiction of the statement in Jefferson's Declaration of Independence which defines "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" as "unalienable rights" and the US Constitution itself which states that its very purpose is  "to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty".

edit - scrolling back through this thread, I realize that I already offered these same observations and suggestions before

But honorable people must keep pressing the message that, as my grandfather always said "your rights stop where the next guy's nose starts"

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2022, 11:04:15 by fohat.digs »