Author Topic: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)  (Read 784003 times)

Offline repuls0r

Re: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:04:28 »
Everyone But Geckt Wins  :p

haha.. good one
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:15:56 »
This whole thread is so confusing. 

If OP really just wants the set to happen, why would he be angry that someone else is volunteering to do the legwork for him?  Why would someone argue to this extent in favor of shouldering the burden of a group buy?  Not to mention that someone with so few posts would not be allowed to run a group buy in the first place, so he'd need to find someone to run it anyway.

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?  If someone came into an interest check thread and said "hey guys, this is actually definitely happening" two years ago, the community would thank them for making their dreams a reality.  Why are you all complaining that the set is being made and you don't have to go through the wait of the interest check phase?

And who the hell cares about "proof" anyway?  If it is all a big bluff, won't we find out when...it doesn't happen...?  And what is possibly gained from lying about it?  Again, this whole argument is so confusing...

So much this. Someone will 11 posts asking for proof from someone with thousands of posts....  :):):):):))
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Malenky

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:23:43 »
I know I wouldn't want to run a group buy, it seems like so much hard work. I'd personally love a GMK Penumbra set, and if I wanted it SO much that I decided to start a group buy, and then suddenly someone told me that it was literally already in production, and that I would be able to buy it outright, I'd be over the moon. Less work, less time to wait and quality assurance from a group of people that have experience in the field (and have already made all the mistakes to learn from).

Internet drama really isn't my thing, but there was clearly a pretty short discussion that could have happened to avoid all this. There is an issue with having a forum that is so transparent when it comes to business dealings. All you get to read about is what is unfulfilled or in some way incorrect. Out of the 99% of people that have received their sets on time, in perfect condition, maybe 5% of them will actually post something here to say so. I'd say it's more like 50% of the people that have an issue will be posting. This creates a situation where it looks much worse than it actually is.

Having a good enough knowledge of the market, and enough support from manufacturers and vendors to be able to get 500 sets produced to go straight for sale, is something that should not be taken lightly. I would rather trust that than a first time small group buy runner. This is not an attack on anyone, this is an objective viewpoint. Remember, this is how most business is run, you don't participate in an interest check for the shoes you wear, because the interest has already been previously gauged. Just like the interest for this has already been previously gauged.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:28:34 »

If OP really just wants the set to happen, why would he be angry that someone else is volunteering to do the legwork for him?  Why would someone argue to this extent in favor of shouldering the burden of a group buy?  Not to mention that someone with so few posts would not be allowed to run a group buy in the first place, so he'd need to find someone to run it anyway.

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?  If someone came into an interest check thread and said "hey guys, this is actually definitely happening" two years ago, the community would thank them for making their dreams a reality.  Why are you all complaining that the set is being made and you don't have to go through the wait of the interest check phase?

And who the hell cares about "proof" anyway?  If it is all a big bluff, won't we find out when...it doesn't happen...?  And what is possibly gained from lying about it?  Again, this whole argument is so confusing...

So much this. Someone will 11 posts asking for proof from someone with thousands of posts....  :):):):):))

There's plenty of people with thousands of posts and a short join date. Many of the most trust-able people on this forum I know have under 300 posts.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:34:16 »

There's plenty of people with thousands of posts and a short join date. Many of the most trust-able people on this forum I know have under 300 posts.

For me, it's never just about the post count.  I really didn't mean to imply that that's the most important factor.  But it is one of many red flags (post count, join date, etc) that would influence such a decision (both on a personal and moderation level).  If he is reputable based on history on another platform, so be it.  But this would warrant further proof/investigation.  :thumb:

Offline techmattr

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:34:48 »
I definitely wouldn't support this GB. I come from the old school of the original designer/runner retaining the right to run or not run additional rounds based on respect of the community. I see with so many new comers in this hobby that the respect aspect is fading away in favor of instant gratification and that's a shame. I made the point when the fiasco with PuLSE was happening that any new comer that wasn't able to buy a set when it was available is just going to "run a GB" because they missed out and feel entitled to it. And here we see that playing out...

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:36:43 »
Does anyone when the buy will actually go live? I'm here refreshing and reading every update to the thread like a mad person trying not to miss it

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:43:14 »

For me, it's never just about the post count.  I really didn't mean to imply that that's the most important factor.  But it is one of many red flags (post count, join date, etc) that would influence such a decision (both on a personal and moderation level).  If he is reputable based on history on another platform, so be it.  But this would warrant further proof/investigation.  :thumb:

Wasn't directed at you at all, although this thread in itself has shown how split GH is (reddit vs gh pre-2015). This year alone feels like it has had more scammers then the past three years I've been on here.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:43:30 »
Does anyone when the buy will actually go live? I'm here refreshing and reading every update to the thread like a mad person trying not to miss it
Not soon.

I definitely wouldn't support this GB. I come from the old school of the original designer/runner retaining the right to run or not run additional rounds based on respect of the community. I see with so many new comers in this hobby that the respect aspect is fading away in favor of instant gratification and that's a shame. I made the point when the fiasco with PuLSE was happening that any new comer that wasn't able to buy a set when it was available is just going to "run a GB" because they missed out and feel entitled to it. And here we see that playing out...
Which are you talking about? The one OP wanted to do?

Offline techmattr

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:46:05 »
Not soon.

Which are you talking about? The one OP wanted to do?

Correct. I wouldn't support this thread's GB if it were to happen.

Offline pinkeyedcyclops

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:21:30 »
Hey, first post. I usually just buy keysets and refrain from joining the discussion, but hell why not.

From a total outsider's point; OP should have asked or give a heads up to original designer about his intentions, that's just the right thing to do and a matter of respect and acknowledgement. However, respect is a mutual thing and the way this 'old boys club' from the 'pre 2015 days' laughs everything off with this 'haha 11 posts be quiet you nub' is not really cool or adult either.

That is all.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:30:41 »
Hey, first post. I usually just buy keysets and refrain from joining the discussion, but hell why not.

From a total outsider's point; OP should have asked or give a heads up to original designer about his intentions, that's just the right thing to do and a matter of respect and acknowledgement. However, respect is a mutual thing and the way this 'old boys club' from the 'pre 2015 days' laughs everything off with this 'haha 11 posts be quiet you nub' is not really cool or adult either.

That is all.

It's not really an 'old boys club' mentality when someone very new to the community waltzes in like they've got the biggest dong in town and starts an IC to overtake one of the most sought after colorways to date. This IC is only about misplaced entitlement and instant gratification.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:33:27 »

That is all.
All dem post 2010 children have no right to complain either.

I remember when we were really grateful that any company even wanted to produce our silly keycaps. That's why Signature Plastics always gets my respect even though I might prefer Cherry-profile.
And when we were talking about Cherry-profile instead of GMK. /OldManRants #30isthenew65
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:39:16 »
It's not really an 'old boys club' mentality when someone very new to the community waltzes in like they've got the biggest dong in town and starts an IC to overtake one of the most sought after colorways to date. This IC is only about misplaced entitlement and instant gratification.

As Meiosis pointed out before with the clash of cultures, most of the animosity in this thread are due to the OP, while being unknown in the GH community, essentially being an internet celebrity in the Reddit mech community, where this IC was also posted (and met with much more positivity, probably due to he being a more prominent figure over there compared to BunnyLake).

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:50:21 »
i think the misplaced entitlement rests with those who still believe that you can "own" a colorway. I will support any community-driven group buy that takes comments and input from interested members and incorporates them in the finished product. I appreciate everything bunny, et al have done for the community, but all i see here is thread crapping on an IC that is trying to offer the people what they want.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:57:04 »
i think the misplaced entitlement rests with those who still believe that you can "own" a colorway. I will support any community-driven group buy that takes comments and input from interested members and incorporates them in the finished product. I appreciate everything bunny, et al have done for the community, but all i see here is thread crapping on an IC that is trying to offer the people what they want.
You again?
As Meiosis pointed out before with the clash of cultures, most of the animosity in this thread are due to the OP, while being unknown in the GH community, essentially being an internet celebrity in the Reddit mech community, where this IC was also posted (and met with much more positivity, probably due to he being a more prominent figure over there compared to BunnyLake).
Well that and just straight up taking credit for he renders at first.

To his credit, he did update the post on Reddit;

I would prefer it if we could all calm down a bit and give him a chance to come back and apologize. (Instead of how he responded on the first few pages of this thread)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:48:32 »
I really hope we can start a new thread for the actual Penumbra GMK kit since this thread is so full of bile and garbage that it almost gave me brain cancer...

Offline Gajible

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:02:02 »
I really hope we can start a new thread for the actual Penumbra GMK kit since this thread is so full of bile and garbage that it almost gave me brain cancer...

Bless

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:04:16 »
It's a meme now

Offline techmattr

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:06:55 »

It's not about "own"ing a color way. A keyset is more than just a colorway in most cases and a lot of people in the community feel that if the creator/gb runner wants to maintain control over a set they ran then that should be respected. If that means that a set won't run for another 5 years or never... then so be it. It'll just be a rare set. The people that think some crime is being committed because the original GB runner doesn't want to or isn't ready to run another round are just being immature. It's nothing more than a "I want it and I want it now!" childish scream for attention.

Offline kingpilcrow

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:23:09 »
Sign me up!

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:40:40 »

I was always in the camp favoring reruns or sets being produced by others if the creator didn't want to.  I'm not a fan of forced exclusivity like that.  Fortunately, Melissa chimed in and confirmed that business is business; anyone can run a colorway so long as they complete all the paperwork and submit the funds. 

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:50:54 »
All this drama is stupid. I plan to purchase these keycaps through OP's groupbuy.

A lot of the guys here being dramatic are why reddit is a better mech kb community. Who cares if someone first ran a color scheme however long ago, you do not have copyright or IP in the colors used. You cannot patent a color. Next thing, you guys will want to sue someone who has the same color car as you. Get over it guys.

So let me get this straight, OP. Nothing against you, but you took the liberty to use the official GMK Carbon group buy render (that you didn't make) to promote an idea that you also didn't create, without even contacting who's responsible for both the original render and keycap set idea in the first place? I'm going to break it down for you right now; do not count on big vendors to support you and order, sort and ship this keycap set for you. I'll repeat; do not count on a big vendor backing you up by sorting and shipping this for you. It won't happen. This similar kind of behavior ruined other surprise announcements in the past and I find pretty bummer that it happened again. The problem with you guys is that you can't wait, instant gratification mentality taking place once again. But since you're here anyway I recommend you to focus on creating your own keycap set, stop replicating somebody else's idea & work and finding people to back you up. Good luck with that.

Show Image

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:54:08 by zoomwalt »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:00:59 »
I would argue that Bunny makes a point, and this even as a supporter of letting others to reruns; try contacting the creator first and see what happens.

From there, things can go based on a variety of possibilities.  Still, I see no reason why others can't run existing colorways if there's really no chance of them being rerun otherwise.  I've yet to hear a compelling argument against such reruns.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:09:48 »
I would argue that Bunny makes a point, and this even as a supporter of letting others to reruns; try contacting the creator first and see what happens.

From there, things can go based on a variety of possibilities.  Still, I see no reason why others can't run existing colorways if there's really no chance of them being rerun otherwise.  I've yet to hear a compelling argument against such reruns.

I would argue that this isn't a rerun. The previous run was obviously in the SA format, while this is being run the Cherry format by a different vendor. As was pointed out, Bunny did not even come up with the solarized colors by himself, he took the idea from somewhere else. He cannot claim these colors as his IP, and for him to attempt to is dishonest.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:15:00 »
All this drama is stupid. I plan to purchase these keycaps through OP's groupbuy.

A lot of the guys here being dramatic are why reddit is a better mech kb community. Who cares if someone first ran a color scheme however long ago, you do not have copyright or IP in the colors used. You cannot patent a color. Next thing, you guys will want to sue someone who has the same color car as you. Get over it guys.

So let me get this straight, OP. Nothing against you, but you took the liberty to use the official GMK Carbon group buy render (that you didn't make) to promote an idea that you also didn't create, without even contacting who's responsible for both the original render and keycap set idea in the first place? I'm going to break it down for you right now; do not count on big vendors to support you and order, sort and ship this keycap set for you. I'll repeat; do not count on a big vendor backing you up by sorting and shipping this for you. It won't happen. This similar kind of behavior ruined other surprise announcements in the past and I find pretty bummer that it happened again. The problem with you guys is that you can't wait, instant gratification mentality taking place once again. But since you're here anyway I recommend you to focus on creating your own keycap set, stop replicating somebody else's idea & work and finding people to back you up. Good luck with that.

Show Image

MiTo did the exact same thing with Pulse, Cosmos (or something like that), and several other sets and was caught stealing icons and he's treated like a deity over at reddit, so you can't really say one community is better than the other. 

That said, everything about this thread has been a cluster**** and mishandled.  First, no one owns a colorway or an arrangement of colors, but it is courtesy to contact the creator, in this case Ryan Uber, to set about running it before you set up an IC.  I know OP started they are doing so now, but it should have been the first thing they did.  If there was no answer, bunny should have been hit up as he had prior contact with the creator and ran it.

Secondly, if you have plans to run a set, it's much more polite to drop the OP a message and leave a note in the thread that you're contacting them.  Instead of watching things blow up, it could have been resolved without devolving into a mess.  And if you make things public about future plans, people are less likely to do things like ICs on immensely popular sets that they don't think will be done in another profile.

Lastly, the renders were part of an IC and heavily manipulated, money is not being made on them.  OP should have asked and credited the origin, but there is nothing wrong with using the renders.  If someone were to do that for the skeletor renders I paid for and I am not getting reimbursed for, I wouldn't care.  Why?  Because they will not look as good as the original, they are creating something new, and I lose nothing by the act.  Would I like the creator and my wallet to be acknowledged?  Yes, but it's no harm to me if it isn't.

The drama in this thread that could have easily been avoided is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:22:24 by nubbinator »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:20:43 »

Show Image

MiTo did the exact same thing and he's treated like a deity over at reddit, so you can't really say one community is better than the other.  That said, everything about this thread has been a cluster**** and mishandled.  No one owns a colorway, but it is courtesy to contact the creator, in this case Ryan Uber, to set about running it. 

Secondly, if you have plans to rub a set, it's much more polite to drop the OP a message and leave a note in the thread that you're contacting them.  Instead of watching things blow up, it could have been resolved without devolving into a mess. 

Lastly, the renders were part of an IC and heavily manipulated, money is not being made on them.  OP should have asked and credited the origin, but there is nothing wrong with using the renders.  If someone were to do that for the skeletor renders I paid for and I am not getting reimbursed for, I wouldn't care.  Why?  Because they will not look as good as the original, they are creating something new, and I lose nothing by the act.  Would I like the creator and my wallet to be acknowledged?  Yes, but it's no harm to me if it isn't.

The drama in this thread that could have easily been avoided is just ridiculous.

nubs speaks the truth.  Everyone is arguing about inconsequential points that really have no bearing on anything here.  It's a matter of courtesy, and responding to the situation at hand in a professional/respectful manner, which did not happen.  The whole discussion about owning colorways is so incredibly overdone, it's just boring at this point. 

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:23:36 »
The whole discussion about owning colorways is so incredibly overdone, it's just boring at this point.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:34:59 »
The whole discussion about owning colorways is so incredibly overdone, it's just boring at this point.

I agree, this would be a really nice set if that can be gotten past.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 01:29:10 »

Past could be forgotten, but  GMK penumbra is happening with GMK.
i suggest this IC's starter provide another colorway and mockup. and there is no need to do a repeat work on a same colorway ,which will split the demond.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 02:03:17 »

i suggest this IC's starter provide another colorway and mockup. and there is no need to do a repeat work on a same colorway ,which will split the demond.

Judging by the interest check on Reddit alone, 500 sets will be nowhere near enough to fulfil the need for this set. I wouldn't be too worried about splitting the demand.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 05:18:33 »

Judging by the interest check on Reddit alone, 500 sets will be nowhere near enough to fulfil the need for this set. I wouldn't be too worried about splitting the demand.
The thing is as with lots of groupbuys people say they will buy then drop out so I wouldn't count on all those actually commiting to pay if the bunnys set do show up, also that being said there were not 500 people saying yes in the Reddit thread.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Chedda7

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 05:29:41 »
One option would be to pivot this GB to provide alternate Solarized colorway keycaps that can augment the existing run of 500. We know nothing about it and it doesn't seem like we will until it becomes available. I just think it would be nice to have some extras for different color combos or to fill out additional layouts.

Offline priyadi

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 06:34:57 »
I'm interested with the set, and don't really care much on who will organize the GB. I have the original Penumbra and I love the color set, but it gets rarely used because of the non scooped F/J. I hope this set will have more features than simply "it is made by GMK", maybe ergodox/orthol support with legends, and colemak/dvorak layout.

PS. I think colors cannot be copyrighted, but the brand "Penumbra" is trademarkable. IMO, OP should use another name if he wants to pursue this GB.
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 07:27:27 »
From a consumer standpoint I must say that even though OP's intentions might have been good (wanted to run a desired colorway and make the set available again), it doesn't look like he has thought much beyond the IC. You've taken two renders and mashed them together and presented us with that as the only basis to work off of.

It's one thing to run an IC; it's easy to get people to say "I like that color, yes I want it." But a group buy consists of so much more. I don't know if the OP has any history running GBs, but I would rather buy it from someone who has run the set before, who is currently in discussions with the vendor, has put more thought into this, and who has already completed over 13000 orders for the community to date. Think about that for a second. Think about the massive amount of time, work, and money out of pocket involved. We are all people in this community, and it's easy to forget that. People gripe about incompleted orders as if bunnylake can personally whip you up a set in his basement and send it out the next day. Let me tell you, if he could, he would. A lot is out of the hands of the organizer once things start rolling, and if you think you can sort through 500+ sets, and go through the GB process (that could run for years) without a hitch, then power to you, and I look forward to participating in any future buys you may run - but in regard to GMK Penumbra, I would rather go with someone who has the experience and history.

You say "I love the colorway, I love the set, I respect the creator of the set but I would like to see another round of this set. I am trying to make that happen with GMK Solarized." but I have not seen that respect. To either the creators of the set, or the creators of the renders. Clearly the information presented in this thread indicates that there WILL be another round of this set. If it is happening already, why would there be any reason to run a parallel process?

If the goal is to have another round of this set and make it available to more members of the community - then who is running it does not matter as much as communication and mutual respect. This whole thread could have been avoided if there had been early communication, and all this stupid drama could have been avoided had parties shown each other a little more respect.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 07:33:04 »
At the very beginning,there were mere enthusiasts.So they talked about kbd,organized GB,sorted and shipped caps on their own.
The majority of them were burdened with daily life.They could barely spare a whole day for the sorting,shipping etc.

That was where the problem came from.A friend of mine got the cyan set without "F".A friend of mine just got his calm depth weeks ago. A friend of mine didnt receive his GH60 set still.
Yes,my poor friends.It seems I am blaming someone.

Indeed not.Probably we could do something to prevent this situation from being bad to worse.
One solution is that we do our parts as enthusiasts,we modify the rendors,talk about the color,and everything else about kbd itself.
The rest should be left for vendors ,at which they are making a living.

You cannot deny it that vendors such as massdrop are proficient in sorting and shipping.(Yes,I do know what happened to TA,but that is highly possible because of the trays)
They  have advantages otherwise T0mb3ry would not choose them to start the carbon gb.
We can find that Originativeco is in charge of GMK skeleton meanwhile another vendor is working with GMK penumbra.
It looks like that we have already found an proper way to complete a gb,so why keep blaming Bunny endlessly when he is doing his best to fix the problem?
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 07:33:45 »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 07:35:18 »
So if this sets really going to get into GB phase at least include a R5 bottom row ffs.

And HHKB,75%,65%,1800 layout supports please.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 08:25:21 »

The thing is as with lots of groupbuys people say they will buy then drop out so I wouldn't count on all those actually commiting to pay if the bunnys set do show up, also that being said there were not 500 people saying yes in the Reddit thread.

The Reddit IC is barely scratching the surface. Between Reddit, Geekhack, China, Vietnam and all the other communities, it'll be a mad dash for whoever wants this set.

Offline Nickjames

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 08:55:43 »

The Reddit IC is barely scratching the surface. Between Reddit, Geekhack, China, Vietnam and all the other communities, it'll be a mad dash for whoever wants this set.

This, I don't understand why make this limited to 500 sets and release it as a surprise? This is just going to leave a lot of potential buyers pissed off that they didn't run a refresh script on the site to keep tabs when it drops. Sounds like Bunny is just trying to keep this set rare for whatever reason.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:09:05 »
if OP goes through massdrop we could see carbon levels of participation I think.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:09:56 »
So can we stop yelling about how we should stop yelling now...?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:10:17 »

This, I don't understand why make this limited to 500 sets and release it as a surprise? This is just going to leave a lot of potential buyers pissed off that they didn't run a refresh script on the site to keep tabs when it drops. Sounds like Bunny is just trying to keep this set rare for whatever reason.
Because unlike every other massdrop led gmk buy a vendor and or Ctrl alt have ponied up the money upfront without taking a penny off anyone it's still a risk for them to invest so much into keycap a even if you no doubt will say something along the lines they will all sell out.

And I highly doubt they want the set to be rare so stop making accusations without having proof as that's slander.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Gajible

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:29:40 »

Because unlike every other massdrop led gmk buy a vendor and or Ctrl alt have ponied up the money upfront without taking a penny off anyone it's still a risk for them to invest so much into keycap a even if you no doubt will say something along the lines they will all sell out.

And I highly doubt they want the set to be rare so stop making accusations without having proof as that's slander.

They'll sell out like the damn grab bags at 500 sets.

Also, slander? I almost spit out my drink. He's hypothesizing, and with good reason. No slander there.

Offline Data

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:40:23 »

A lot of the guys here being dramatic are why reddit is a better mech kb community.

Stopped reading there due to uncontrollable laughter.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:45:31 »

They'll sell out like the damn grab bags at 500 sets.

Also, slander? I almost spit out my drink. He's hypothesizing, and with good reason. No slander there.
Slander would be just making a assumption and damaging someone's reputation without any due evidence so exactly what he did? Not sure if your trolling at this point

Also again as for them selling out that's all well and good but what if they wanted to sell 500 then use that money to make more to cover demand it's stupid to even speculate as that's all this entire thread is let's keep our speculation down and just calmly wait till something happens.

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:46:14 »
There are so many lies, misconceptions and assumptions being put across as facts in this thread it's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:50:00 »
Took the strawpoll & looking forward to this set!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:56:43 »

As of forever it would seem. Between Ripster, Bro and Ivan,  this community definitely thrives on drama.

The amount of **** pouring out of your mouth between here and reddit, and you're calling me out for drama? Top keks m8.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 09:57:23 »
Quote from: dip****
I want to make a set
Quote from: person
I'm already making that set
Quote from: dip****
well **** you im making this set
Quote from: person
gl with that