Author Topic: [Australia, Melbourne Pickup Only] IBM Model M Keyboards Auction on Ebay  (Read 16161 times)

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230884343019

Whole box of them... If you win the auction, send me one please  ;D
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
Re: [Australia, Melbourne Pickup Only] IBM Model M Keyboards Auction on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 06:28:43 »
Yeah, if someone on here wins, send me a PM, yo :P
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 06:48:33 »
I may be able to do something about it..  :p
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 07:42:24 »
Now, finally, somebody is going to make some money, and we won't have to hear these Aussies whining about shipping costs from the US for a while.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 07:43:40 »
Now, finally, somebody is going to make some money, and we won't have to hear these Aussies whining about shipping costs from the US for a while.
LOL. Assuming anyone on here is anywhere near the place to buy them :P
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 07:46:33 »
If someone does go and pick them up, it would be super awesome if they could distributed them to the other Aussies looking for a Model M! I would definitely be in for one!
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2012, 07:51:25 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 07:49:20 »
Dammit, this kind of thing needs to happen over by me, so I can smash through the wall like the frickin' Kool-Aid guy, grab the keyboards and drizzle some $10 bills to the floor as I leave.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 08:57:18 »
I could have sworn that somebody here lists "Melbourne" as location.

And, Krogenar, you should be in prime position. A friend of mine worked for IBM in New York throughout the 1980s, and traveled around providing support for all those AS400s and such. A bunch of Model Fs would be even more desirable.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 09:02:17 »
Lets all get 1 person to bid for it :) so the prices wont be driven sky high :D

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 09:40:39 »
checks location....

BASTARDS SOUTHERNERS WIN AGAIN!!!  :p

if i win it i'll give a free one to whichever Melbournite picks them up for me lol
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2012, 09:46:37 by rayuki »

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 09:47:19 »
checks location....

if i win it i'll give a free one to whichever Melbournite picks them up for me lol

Let's do this.  :cool:

quit

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 09:51:15 »
checks location....

Let's do this.  :cool:

Takin' the bid, akuJIWA?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:17:54 »
Are they all model M (asking the experts, as I cannot tell from the pics)?

How high does anyone reckon this price could go?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:19:57 »
I could have sworn that somebody here lists "Melbourne" as location.

And, Krogenar, you should be in prime position. A friend of mine worked for IBM in New York throughout the 1980s, and traveled around providing support for all those AS400s and such. A bunch of Model Fs would be even more desirable.

Oh, I know, I know. I've driven past IBM's circa-1980's mirrored ziggurat-style HQ building many times. It's over in Elmsford, NY. It's a trip because it looks like what would have been considered 'futuristic' ... in 1980. I've only just gotten into Model M's in the last three months and now I feel like breaking into the place to raid it for old keyboards. Fohat, if you ever get a lead for some keyboards in my vicinity, I will share the wealth.

Despite IBM's presence in the area I haven't seen a single one in the wild around here. I've been to tag sales, estate sales -- nada. Even tried to talk my way into one of those e-waste recycling places, but that was a no go. Still keeping my eyes peeled, however.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:31:05 »

1. Are they all Model M?

They appear to be judging from the wedge shape of the boards as seen from the side, the coiled cables, etc. Looks to be about 16 keyboards in the bundle.

2. How high can it go?

Depends. Who knows what condition the boards are in? They could be crushed, cracked, missing keys, etc. So I would say the value is very very low. They would be lucky to get even $10 for them.

(Krog reviews his boarding ticket.)

Really, they should just hope that someone takes them off their hands. And those boards are very difficult to repair and easily damaged, so, there's that as well. They're most likely junky garbage at this point, not even worth noticing.

:-X
More

Offline 486

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:46:36 »

Here's a guesstimate. I'd reckon it will go over $300 for sure. Even with pickup only. It will end up at about $500 maybe. Last time 3 Model M's were sold in a lot, the total was $150, and that was pickup only too.

Offline 486

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:53:18 »

1. Are they all Model M?

They appear to be judging from the wedge shape of the boards as seen from the side, the coiled cables, etc. Looks to be about 16 keyboards in the bundle.

2. How high can it go?

Depends. Who knows what condition the boards are in? They could be crushed, cracked, missing keys, etc. So I would say the value is very very low. They would be lucky to get even $10 for them.

(Krog reviews his boarding ticket.)

Really, they should just hope that someone takes them off their hands. And those boards are very difficult to repair and easily damaged, so, there's that as well. They're most likely junky garbage at this point, not even worth noticing.

Please guys, do not ask for extra pics. That will confirm peoples suspision and drive the price higher. Ah, 17 keyboards, there is another right at the bottom, hard to see. Why are they hard to repair? They are easy to repair. Simply order spare parts for clickykeyboards.com or use one of the keyboards to complete full ones.
Seriously guys, you can get square metal Model M's from Taobao for the same price as one of these from the eventual price of this. Anyway, why have Model M when you can have F XT? seriously. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390496072905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:54:51 »
Oooo only 40 minutes drive from there hahaha
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:01:58 »
Why are they hard to repair? They are easy to repair.

Where did I leave my sarcasm tags?
More

Offline 486

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:02:47 »
Well, the bidders have got one thing going for them. They didn't put the keywords "Model M" or "clicky" in the title or description so that will weed of the mainstream buyers. Mainstream buyers who search Model M or keywords, drag the price up. IBM keyboards is still a keyword but have hope with the mass of IBM keyboards on eBay Au, that nobody bothers searching through all of them.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:09:37 »
So realistically, what would this box be worth?

Interested in getting one for myself, then would be happy to ship the others to anyone here. If they would be happy to
pay for the exorbitant prices AusPost charge for shipping that is :P
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:11:13 »

Here's a guesstimate. I'd reckon it will go over $300 for sure. Even with pickup only. It will end up at about $500 maybe. Last time 3 Model M's were sold in a lot, the total was $150, and that was pickup only too.

good, that means i win... (from my highest bid anyway :P)

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:18:46 »
Ugh, So many Aussies. Well there goes my bid. :(

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:44:38 »
I wouldn't mind getting one of these, if someone here wins them.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:52:13 »
if i win them i'll be sending one to each awesome aussie i know :) for a very cheap price

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:09:46 »
So who is actually going to bid on them?  Silly to bid against each other.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:15:55 »

i already have lol.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:18:11 »
I'll be bidding closer the the end date :P

Offline mickd

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:21:41 »
Let us know how it goes =) I'm interested but the drive down from Sydney is a bit too far.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:25:06 »

i already have lol.

And how will you be picking up, sir?  I ask only out of curiosity, as you appear to be in QLD.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:41:32 »

i already have lol.

And how will you be picking up, sir?  I ask only out of curiosity, as you appear to be in QLD.

lol by donating a nice new model m keyboard for free to a fellow Melbournite to go pick it up for me :P

or if i win it cheap enough could always just fly down lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 17:03:21 »
ok lol :)

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 17:09:23 »
Thanks for doing that rayuki, I hope you win! lol
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline mickd

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 23:46:34 »
Don't forget your awesome fellow Aussie friends on geekhack!

Offline 486

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 04:21:22 »
Knew it guys, already at 102.
Also, most seem to be blue label with the cables attached. Hmm. Might not be worth as much as I thought. Well, we will see.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2012, 04:23:46 by 486 »

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 06:05:50 »
Knew it guys, already at 102.
Also, most seem to be blue label with the cables attached. Hmm. Might not be worth as much as I thought. Well, we will see.

lets just say i've retracted my $300 max bid lol

spoke to the seller also seems like a good guy.

dont pay more then $200 and its still a good deal.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 06:07:16 »
HM :(

Rayuki, wont you send me 1 :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 03:44:38 »
There are a few pictures up of the backs of some of the keyboards.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 05:14:52 »
ok own up whoever asked him this!

"Hi, I am absolutely salivating over the fact that you have 18 model m keyboards. These are worth about $100 each in America, and shipping would cost about $60 each. They are extremely rare in Australia and I can't believe you have so many of them. I won't be in a position to buy them all unfortunately, but do wish you the best of luck getting top dollar for them. I wish I lived in Melbourne and could persuade you to sell me just one for pickup. Ah well :-( "

for the love of god way to kill the bargain.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 05:17:45 »
Someone who doesn't deserve one.

Offline mickd

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 05:18:09 »
$100 each? I don't think so... And that's not even a question. Blah!

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 06:23:46 »
Sounds like someone couldn't afford to get them, but wants to ruin it for everyone else so they don't feel as bad.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 06:29:00 »
 it's safe to say I'm not the only Aussie here. But am I the only one 30 minutes away?

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 06:43:25 »
all us aussies who are genuinely interested in one should just band together and chuck in some money each to get the lot lol.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 07:58:55 »
What an ass.

A few months ago I had an immaculate bolt-modded 1391401 that I tried to sell at $100. Several weeks and several price drops later, I think I finally got about $60 (or maybe $55) for it. Getting more for a used Model M for less than the current Unicomp "new" price would have to require something special.

Clearly, this has got to be "sour grapes"
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 08:24:07 »
all us aussies who are genuinely interested in one should just band together and chuck in some money each to get the lot lol.

This would be ideal. If someone from Melbourne could go ahead and bid on it, with input from people in this thread, and pick it up (for a reasonable price), there would definitely be no problems with selling it to Aussies. Especially since they're difficult to find over here. We could split the cost equally and put in a little extra for the trouble of picking it up/shipping.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:06:57 »

This would be ideal. If someone from Melbourne could go ahead and bid on it, with input from people in this thread, and pick it up (for a reasonable price), there would definitely be no problems with selling it to Aussies. Especially since they're difficult to find over here. We could split the cost equally and put in a little extra for the trouble of picking it up/shipping.

I don't understand how each putting in for a bid as opposed to someone just buying the boards and then selling them off to Aussie Geekhackers would be any more beneficial. If I were to buy the boards (which I may do) of course I'll be selling them to you fine lot. Why does it matter if everyone chips in?

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:18:11 »
I meant input as in advice, etc. on price. But in terms of everyone chipping in, we were just thinking that if people weighed in saying that they would be willing to chip in, it would be better reassurance to whoever buys it that they won't be taking a huge risk and paying a big sum for a bunch of keyboards they don't need and can't sell. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2012, 09:20:38 by jeroplane »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:01:51 »
I'm maybe around 45 minutes away.  But if there are about 18 keyboards there, are there enough people around Australia who would want that many?  There's about 8 or 10 of us lurking in this thread who would be up for one each maybe - what would you do with the other 8 or 10?  Potentially unlikely that anyone in the US would want one due to costs to ship to US (assuming it it the same as shipping from US to Australia).  Meh.

Anyway the seller has added a note to say that he is considering getting a shipping quote from Pack&Send, so for a little extra dosh a few more people might be in a position to bid.

I'd probably be up for one, but I can't afford the whole box.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 16:25:09 »
I'm maybe around 45 minutes away.  But if there are about 18 keyboards there, are there enough people around Australia who would want that many?  There's about 8 or 10 of us lurking in this thread who would be up for one each maybe - what would you do with the other 8 or 10?  Potentially unlikely that anyone in the US would want one due to costs to ship to US (assuming it it the same as shipping from US to Australia).  Meh.

Anyway the seller has added a note to say that he is considering getting a shipping quote from Pack&Send, so for a little extra dosh a few more people might be in a position to bid.

Is it far from the city?

quit

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 16:38:21 »

Is it far from the city?

Not really. I'm about 40 from it and I'm no where near the city.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 16:41:28 »

Is it far from the city?

Aw crap. :o

quit

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 17:54:43 »

Is it far from the city?

So it's not really far from the city, but you're about 40 minutes away from it and you're no where near the city...  :confused:

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 22:07:12 »
Hahaha um me wants 2! :D you can have it shipped to Singapore!  :)) :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 22:23:23 »
That escalated quickly since this morning - $355.00 now, with 3 days left.

If there are 18 keyboards, makes about $20 each atm.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:11:18 »
The heat is on :D

Offline 486

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:44:02 »
Now would be a great time to say, I told you but as someone that already has Model M's ( and found 3 on the side of the road), I don't think that is very nice. But I had a feeling since the start that it would go over $300 and I still believe it might stop around $500 mark.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:48:06 »
Now would be a great time to say, I told you but as someone that already has Model M's ( and found 3 on the side of the road), I don't think that is very nice. But I had a feeling since the start that it would go over $300 and I still believe it might stop around $500 mark.
Share some Model M love with us :(

Offline 486

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 04:12:23 »
Sorry, I am actually low on Model's M's ATM, I sold a few about a year ago but I think I sold too many, I am down to 4 now. My PS/2 model 65 has  taken one also. However, curbside collection time is in another week so I'll check the neighbourhood again. Funny, I know the person that got rid of the Model M's. Maybe I should ask them if they have anymore they don't want. I went to their place once, believe me, they could be concealing so F AT's in there and possibly tens of model M's as well.
EDIT: Actually, if I do find any, I will probably sell them. I need the money for buying a 5153 for IBM PC/AT setup and or possible resume working on getting some Model M SSK's.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 November 2012, 04:16:27 by 486 »

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 05:15:55 »

i've got 10-12 people i can think of just on here and then you have OCAU, no problems at all selling them for $60 each if they are all working.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 05:43:06 »
Sorry, I am actually low on Model's M's ATM, I sold a few about a year ago but I think I sold too many, I am down to 4 now. My PS/2 model 65 has  taken one also. However, curbside collection time is in another week so I'll check the neighbourhood again. Funny, I know the person that got rid of the Model M's. Maybe I should ask them if they have anymore they don't want. I went to their place once, believe me, they could be concealing so F AT's in there and possibly tens of model M's as well.
EDIT: Actually, if I do find any, I will probably sell them. I need the money for buying a 5153 for IBM PC/AT setup and or possible resume working on getting some Model M SSK's.

Man I wish my neighbourhood still had scheduled pickups. Council changed it so now you have to book a pickup instead of everyone doing it on the one day. I've kept my eye on the curbsides to no avail so far.

But yes, there will be no problem selling those Model Ms if it turns out to be below market price.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 05:44:46 »
Hm rayuki, am I in the list?  :)) :)) :))

Offline 486

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 05:58:40 »

Man I wish my neighbourhood still had scheduled pickups. Council changed it so now you have to book a pickup instead of everyone doing it on the one day. I've kept my eye on the curbsides to no avail so far.

But yes, there will be no problem selling those Model Ms if it turns out to be below market price.
Which state is this? In Brisbane, curbside collection seems to be one of my best pickup days of the year. Last time, as I mentions, I got a few Model m's. Pure luck, and if I wasn't there an hour sooner, then it probably would be at the scrappers. I'm keeping an eye out. I'll be looking around this weekend and checking frequently. Although the Model M's were a good pickup, I've missed a lot of good things by a few minutes e.g. an complete Apple IIC , a blu-ray player etc. Maybe I will get to ask the people who got rid of the Model M's, they are only a few houses away.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 06:19:10 »

Which state is this? In Brisbane, curbside collection seems to be one of my best pickup days of the year. Last time, as I mentions, I got a few Model m's. Pure luck, and if I wasn't there an hour sooner, then it probably would be at the scrappers. I'm keeping an eye out. I'll be looking around this weekend and checking frequently. Although the Model M's were a good pickup, I've missed a lot of good things by a few minutes e.g. an complete Apple IIC , a blu-ray player etc. Maybe I will get to ask the people who got rid of the Model M's, they are only a few houses away.

Sydney, NSW. They changed the system a couple years back. Before then it was just like you've got up there.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 06:49:56 »

Sydney, NSW. They changed the system a couple years back. Before then it was just like you've got up there.
Yeah, it is annoying. Same here in Newcastle.

Offline 486

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 14:35:14 »
Well. That's a bit depressing for you guys. I was actually considering moving to Sydney as  I can tolerate the colder temperature and Sydney is the place were everything goes down. But no curbside collection? All I can say is that it is making lots of money for those recycling companies. Let's hope they have the common sense to at least check if something is valuble before they scap it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:45:30 »
Same in Melbourne - we have to book collections now.  But that does not stop people dumping piles of rubbish outside their houses anyway.  After a couple of weeks they get a yellow "illegal dumping" sticker threatening fines.

Where are all these model Ms that get thrown out?  The best I have seen around here are a few broken rubber domes.

Although I did find an old Mac 8500/something with monitor by the roadside when I used to live in Richmond.

Offline 486

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 04:50:27 »
Can't say. :-X My secret, sorry. It's good when you know lots of people in the IT area.
I give you guys one of my secret places that you can get Model m's from in Aus.
http://www.nucleuscomputer.com.au/Nucproducts/Comparts/keyboard.htm

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:50:37 »
LOL not a secret any more.

Offline 486

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 02:50:01 »
But that is only one of many many places I know to get a Model M at that most people in Australia don't know about.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 02:56:35 »
We do now :)

The original eBay is still $355 - everyone's probably saying "how'd it get that high so fast".

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 02:57:19 »
I think their response would most prolly be like: "Who would want that pile of junk at such a high price?"

Offline 486

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 03:00:20 »
I find giving you one of my secret URL's to buy the magnificent Model M on. I want everyone on here to be filled with Model M's so the price of them will decrease.
$355 was typical. Funny, Model F AT's last year were selling for hundreds, now they are only $100 max and Model M were cheaper last year and pretty expensive this year compared to 2009, when I got my first Model M.

Offline 486

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 03:02:04 »
I think their response would most prolly be like: "Who would want that pile of junk at such a high price?"
Well maybe they should do some reasearch. They should have sold them as BIN's for like $30 each, WIN WIN I say.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 00:40:10 »
So are any of you bidding on it still?

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 03:00:25 »
Oooo only 40 minutes drive from there hahaha

Did you ask the guy a question under the name jEpiter?

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 04:37:27 »
So who won them?

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 04:39:34 »
Oh? The auction is over?  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 13:04:53 »
They sold for AU$578.40 after 17 bids.  Looks like the person who put the first bid on won.

So ... anyone here win?

If it was someone here - are you interested in sharing the model M love?

Offline 486

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 14:50:32 »
578 / 18 equals 32 dollars a keyboard. Just as I suspected. Believe me, there is no such thing as a bargain on eBay. Everything will find it's price. eBay has to many people on it these days to really make a good catch. However, less people, less selling.  If you list something as 99c, it will find it's price, $10 or $1000.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:17:54 »
yep, highly doubt it was anyone on here they will probally sell them all individually now back on ebay for $50-60 each lol. oh well