Author Topic: Filco Brown Cherry 104key + Palm Rest  (Read 2736 times)

Offline yode

• s a d b o y s
Filco Brown Cherry 104key + Palm Rest
« on: Sat, 19 September 2009, 05:05:30 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Filco-Majestouch-Keyboard-104-Key-ANSI-Layout-Palm-Rest_W0QQitemZ320425110965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Mice_Trackballs?hash=item4a9ad32db5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Says its "New". Pretty good deal, 100 shipped with a leather palm rest. I would grab it myself although I do not want a 104key.
300 OTF GBE OBLOCK ON BD

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 September 2009, 21:53:13 »
alright so i saw this before you had posted it but DID notice you posted it so started to be indecisive quickly.  it is not NKRO or tenkeyless like i really wanted, but $100 with the wrist-rest and free shipping for a new keyboard is pretty good...

i sent him a message at this said earlier time when i first saw it asking if it was actually new, he said he only opened the box to take pictures and make sure it was all there... okay.  i also mentioned that i was more curious since the price is a little high for something i dont want that much (non-nkro and numpad).

so i had it on my favorites and was doing my hourly ebay keyboard searches (1391401, etc) and guess what

HE DROPPED IT TO $80 BIN

now i was thinking the wrist-rest is nice but not $40 nice and the keyboard wasnt quite right but i crunched the numbers

$80 BIN
- $15 for what elite would charge for shipping
- $6.40 bing.com cashback
- $20, lets say, is what i would pay for the nicest wrist-rest in the world (shipped)

= $38.60, in my mind, for a NEW $100+ Filco board with brown cherries!!! I was about to pay this much for a used MX11800!  in other words, if i saw the keyboard on sale at elite for $40, id go nuts and go ahead and throw in the wrist rest too and be ecstatic about the deal.  so yeah, i am now.

the only thing is the shipping... yes, free, but i cant fit a 104 in my laptop bag, so when i leave iraq, i might have to mail it home, or worse, send it with my gear and not see it for months.  i could get it sent straight home, and at least i would see it there without having to pay for more shipping, etc...  what to do!

what's weird is usually i get an email from ebay when i "buy it now", but still nothing.  paypal emailed a receipt, and if you go to the page it shows i won it, but still odd ebay has not acknowledged it by email.

EDIT is the non-NKRO really that much different/worse?  I figured if it was i would just use it to type, but i still have high hopes.

SO EXCITED, i got this AND a barely used HHKB for less than the price of one HHKB so far, both on the way, neither precisely what i wanted (white/lettered on the hhkb, and non-nkro and numpad on this one), but still, the value makes up for it
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2009, 22:04:02 by AndrewZorn »

Offline F2a

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 September 2009, 00:04:09 »
Good for you.

Offline yode

• s a d b o y s
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 September 2009, 04:02:21 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;119323
alright so i saw this before you had posted it but DID notice you posted it so started to be indecisive quickly.  it is not NKRO or tenkeyless like i really wanted, but $100 with the wrist-rest and free shipping for a new keyboard is pretty good...

i sent him a message at this said earlier time when i first saw it asking if it was actually new, he said he only opened the box to take pictures and make sure it was all there... okay.  i also mentioned that i was more curious since the price is a little high for something i dont want that much (non-nkro and numpad).

so i had it on my favorites and was doing my hourly ebay keyboard searches (1391401, etc) and guess what

HE DROPPED IT TO $80 BIN

now i was thinking the wrist-rest is nice but not $40 nice and the keyboard wasnt quite right but i crunched the numbers

$80 BIN
- $15 for what elite would charge for shipping
- $6.40 bing.com cashback
- $20, lets say, is what i would pay for the nicest wrist-rest in the world (shipped)

= $38.60, in my mind, for a NEW $100+ Filco board with brown cherries!!! I was about to pay this much for a used MX11800!  in other words, if i saw the keyboard on sale at elite for $40, id go nuts and go ahead and throw in the wrist rest too and be ecstatic about the deal.  so yeah, i am now.

the only thing is the shipping... yes, free, but i cant fit a 104 in my laptop bag, so when i leave iraq, i might have to mail it home, or worse, send it with my gear and not see it for months.  i could get it sent straight home, and at least i would see it there without having to pay for more shipping, etc...  what to do!

what's weird is usually i get an email from ebay when i "buy it now", but still nothing.  paypal emailed a receipt, and if you go to the page it shows i won it, but still odd ebay has not acknowledged it by email.

EDIT is the non-NKRO really that much different/worse?  I figured if it was i would just use it to type, but i still have high hopes.

SO EXCITED, i got this AND a barely used HHKB for less than the price of one HHKB so far, both on the way, neither precisely what i wanted (white/lettered on the hhkb, and non-nkro and numpad on this one), but still, the value makes up for it

Cool story bro.

Jk, congrats.
300 OTF GBE OBLOCK ON BD