Author Topic: Introducing the Ultimate Modular Macro Keyboard "Kibly" - Seeking Your Feedback!  (Read 1219 times)

Offline perry_kibly

Hello geekhack community!

I'm thrilled to share with you my latest project: a revolutionary modular macro keyboard system designed to elevate your gaming, programming, and productivity experiences.

Currently in the prototyping phase, this keyboard system offers unmatched flexibility and customization.

Here are some of the standout features:

• Completely Programmable and Customizable: Every key and peripheral is fully programmable. Although they connect via magnets, each module operates independently.
  • Complex Macro Creation: Support for highly complex macros, perfect for gamers and power users.
  • Hot Swap: Compatible with Cherry MX switches or equivalents for easy customization.
  • Multi-platform Software: Seamless integration with Windows and MacOS.
  • Wired Connectivity: Reliable wired connection for low-latency performance.
  • N-Key Rollover and Anti-Ghosting: Support for multiple key presses and combinations without conflict.
  • Modular Interconnectivity: Modules can be connected on all four sides plus two levels of vertical adjustment.
  • Automatic Firmware Updates: Each module receives updates via WiFi.
  • Multiple Macro Profiles: Easily switch between different macro setups.
  • Third-Party API Compatibility: Expand functionality with third-party applications.
  • RGB Indicators: Customizable RGB lighting to indicate macro functions.
  • Polling Rate: Impressive 8000Hz polling rate with a latency time of just 1.2ms.
  • Adjustable Modules: Tilt modules up to 30° for optimal ergonomics.

Modular Design:
Our keyboard system is built from various modules, each designed for specific functions.

The modules communicate via an ad-hoc WiFi network or USB for creating isolated workstations.

Here's a breakdown of the modules available:

Dimensions:

• Class 1: 76.2 x 38.1 mm
  • Class 1.5: 114.3 x 38.1 mm
  • Class 3: 114.3 x 76.2 mm

Modules:
  • 8 Buttons Module: Class 1, with 8 programmable 1U keys, each with RGB lighting.
  • 10 Buttons Module: Class 1.5, with 8 programmable 1U keys and 2 programmable 2U keys, all with RGB lighting.
  • 6 KNOB Module: Class 3, with 6 dynamic encoder knobs, each pressable and programmable, plus 8 RGB buttons.
  • Display Module: Class 3, featuring a 4.3" capacitive touch display for configuring macro keys with custom logos and additional functions. Can also serve as a touchpad.
  • FADER Module: Class 3, with 3 programmable analog faders and RGB lighting.
  • TRACKBALL Module: Class 3, with a 34mm trackball, dynamic encoder ring (66 steps), 4 programmable RGB buttons 1.5U, and a swappable joystick module (plug-and-play).
  • Voice Control Module: Class 1, featuring AI-assisted voice commands for executing macros and other tasks. Continuous AI updates will bring new functionalities.

Why Kibly is Special:
One of the most exciting innovations is the Voice Control Module, leveraging the latest in AI technology to execute macros and commands via voice.
Imagine executing complex commands or macros without lifting a finger, perfect for gamers and professionals alike.

Seeking Your Feedback:
I'm eager to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and ideas to make this project even better.
Your feedback is invaluable, and I would love to engage with this passionate community to refine and perfect this keyboard system.

First rendering:
Check out the attached renderings of some connected modules to get a visual sense of the project.
Looking forward to your comments and ideas!

Thank you for taking the time to read about my project.

I can't wait to hear what you think and how we can improve it together!

Offline perry_kibly

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to share that the PCBs for my modular macro keyboard project have finally arrived!
 I'll be starting the assembly of the SMD components right away.
I'm thrilled to get to work on completing the prototypes as quickly as possible.
I'll be posting more updates in the coming days.
Stay tuned!

Offline blondie

I'm interested if it is running QMK.

Offline perry_kibly

Thank you for your feedback!
This project is designed for maximum user customization.
Although the communication protocol is USB HID, some modules require a driver to be installed on your PC to function.
Therefore, this macro keyboard is not compatible with QMK at the moment, though it might be in the future in a limited capacity.

Offline perry_kibly

With great excitement, I'm sharing the first video of the assembled trackball/joystick module
Everything works perfectly, and the latest tests have shown a latency of just 0.9 ms (directly connected to PC via USB).
I'm diving back into work to assemble the module with 6 rotary encoders so I can verify that the communication between modules is functioning correctly and, most importantly, with minimal latency.

https://youtu.be/rB6m867WHyY

Thank you all for your feedback!