Author Topic: Where have all the ambidextrous (true) buttons on both sides mice gone?  (Read 4974 times)

Offline atarione

If I search amazon one more time for "ambidextrous" gaming mouse ... and it shows me some stupid side buttons on the left only bs again... I am going to get verrrrry angry (let alone how many actually right handed mice it shows...)       But I have been looking around and it seems like about 3yrs ago everyone forgot left handed people exist?   Blah blah Logitech G Pro... yes I have seen it and I am ****ing thrilled about it... but I don't like it, what is more I shouldn't have to ****ing like it as left handed people exist we are a thing.   

ATM I am using a Steelseries Sensei Ten (which I like fine.. but I not sure if Steelseries is still making it?) and what I actually want now is a newer Wireless (BT ideally) gaming mouse that is actually ambidextrous, by mirroring side buttons on both sides...

The KEY reason for this is while I am Left handed I switch back and forth between left and right hand for the mouse depending on what I am doing... (shut up  :)) it works for me.)      Additionally the reason I need this is I have nerve damage in my right hand (ring / index fingers) due to injury and ergo mice are incredibly uncomfortable / painful to use as the ergo designs cause these nerve damaged areas to contact the mouse shell which creates weird and unpleasant sensation / pain..

Am I missing something what current (decent sensor / build quality ..wireless) truly ambidextrous mice are any of you all aware of that I may not have found?

Because it was very cheap ($35~) I currently am waiting on a Legion M600 (not the newer better sensor M600s ..because in their wisdom Lenovo made the M600s ****ing right  handed).      I have big hands and after looking at reviews (from 3yrs ago...because left handed people went extinct in 2020 apparently?) I am hopeful the M600 may meet my needs for the time being?

Sorry for the frustrated tone.. but being left handed can be a real PITA ...
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2023, 17:27:27 by atarione »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Where have all the ambidextrous (true) buttons on both sides mice gone?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 14:35:27 »
I have stockpiled half a dozen MicroSoft Wheel Mouse Opticals (mostly beige, the black ones are more rare).

I am right-handed but keep mice on both sides. My complaint is that there are no good left-hand "vertical" mice. I like the Anker which is more of a "diagonal" than a vertical. but it only comes right ....

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline atarione

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 September 2023, 17:33:03 »
I have stockpiled half a dozen MicroSoft Wheel Mouse Opticals (mostly beige, the black ones are more rare).

I am right-handed but keep mice on both sides. My complaint is that there are no good left-hand "vertical" mice. I like the Anker which is more of a "diagonal" than a vertical. but it only comes right ....

I don't know if I have any of the M$ Optical mice around anymore, I used to have 2x of them but not sure what happened to them?... (Too much stuff in boxes in general. =\) well yeah I liked those back in the day for sure.
yeah... I have 3x Sensei mice about here and a Zowie most of which are in pretty good shape (one sensei is kinda worn.. but it works)...  depending on how this Legion M600 works out I may get another of these or another Sensei ten to keep NIB as another spare?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 October 2023, 07:22:36 »
You also have the GPro (not the SUper Light) - last I checked, it has the buttons on both sides.  Most of the time now, Ambidextrous is only in shape - try searching "True Ambidextrous"  and see if more options appear, I know there are not a ton of optionsout there now.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D