Author Topic: KUL ES-87 Defective?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline illitirit

KUL ES-87 Defective?
« on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 22:53:08 »
Hey guys I got my first mech keyboard today in the mail and I absolutely love it.  The kul i got has cherry mx greens and imo i have fallen in love with them.

The thing is however the left shift key seems to be making weird noises.  The left shift sounds way different than the right shift.  It also appears that something is loose inside.  I took off the keycap to inspect but I dont really know what im looking for.  It sounds like when the key is pressed, sometimes there is something moving around inside the switch that shouldnt be.

i made a video to demonstrate the noise, I hope you can hear what I am talking about.  The wierd thing is if i turn the keyboard upside down and press the left ****, the problem goes away.  Turn your volume way up on the video, it is pretty silent.

Video:  View My Video

I am guessing maybe this one cherry switch is defective?  Is there anyway to fix this?  It kind of bothers me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 22:56:07 by illitirit »

Offline jterp7

• good typing
Re: KUL ES-87 Defective?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:07:09 »
Hey guys I got my first mech keyboard today in the mail and I absolutely love it.  The kul i got has cherry mx greens and imo i have fallen in love with them.

The thing is however the left shift key seems to be making weird noises.  The left shift sounds way different than the right shift.  It also appears that something is loose inside.  I took off the keycap to inspect but I dont really know what im looking for.  It sounds like when the key is pressed, sometimes there is something moving around inside the switch that shouldnt be.

i made a video to demonstrate the noise, I hope you can hear what I am talking about.  The wierd thing is if i turn the keyboard upside down and press the left ****, the problem goes away.  Turn your volume way up on the video, it is pretty silent.

I am guessing maybe this one cherry switch is defective?  Is there anyway to fix this?  It kind of bothers me.

Can you exchange?

Offline illitirit

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:16:04 »

Can you exchange?

I honestly hope so, I purchased with amazon prime.  The thing is now after using the board for longer, im beginning to maybe think that its just the cherry stablizers?  I hear so much hate for them.  Is this what im experiencing?

Offline keyhopper

• Fun is Key.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 10:44:42 »
If you remove the keycap and push the switch directly, do you hear the same noise? If so, then it doesn't come from the stabilizers.

The video is not too clear, and there is some noise in the background.

Cheers!
RealForce 87UB 55gr    |    IBM Model M (1995)    |    Razer B.W.T.E. Stealth (w Razer oranges)