Author Topic: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri (dropping in October)  (Read 81402 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 13:53:25 »
The Cosmos version.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 13:54:23 »
The Cosmos version.
Show Image

Show Image

Endgame keycaps locked-in

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 13:57:15 »
MOQ is not an issue with SP as with GMK. And the single alphas will stay as they are.

Oh that's very nice. Good to know. I still love some heavy price drop discount tho for higher moq tier with high sale number concentrated in a few kits :D. I feel like three different alpha kits in one drop is already very healthy. But ultimately, its up to you. Still buy no matter what.

Alphas don't enjoy significant price drops like other kits do, though I'm not quite sure if this pricing was even 100% correct from SP since Kobe and Gaijin had all new custom legends yet still cost the exact same as regular alphas. Rather odd. For Yuri I would probably suggest that the alternate alphas be MOQ 100 which would put them around 60$ to start with.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:04:22 »
The Cosmos version.
Show Image

Show Image

its giving me Soviet nuclear data vibes that feel pretty good. I'm also digging the vertically aligned legends like the vintage boards and space cadet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:08:43 by sncbraxsc2 »

Offline norb

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:19:52 »
the "double" mod legends seem crowded imo, will there be cyrillics only mods also? or only these and the standard ones?

Offline monovertex

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:33:36 »
Is the Cyrillic only still happening? That was the best part of the set :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:40:50 »
Love the dual legends

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 14:52:58 »
the "double" mod legends seem crowded imo, will there be cyrillics only mods also? or only these and the standard ones?

I doubt there will be single Cyrillic mods but we will see how things do develop.

Is the Cyrillic only still happening? That was the best part of the set :(

I did not said anywhere about Cyrillic only not happening. I just presented the renders for dual legends....

Offline monovertex

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 15:00:23 »
Alright, sorry, got a bit confused between all the replies. Thanks for the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dk4one

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 15:04:23 »
Between dual legend mods and pure cyrillic mods, I would prefer pure cyrillics mods. I think pure Latin (regular mods) and pure Cyrillics are very nice!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 15:45:01 »
Shout out to dual legends, in both alpha colours, since moq is not an issue with SP, I hope that we all get our wishes. If available I will buy all sets of alphas, this may be my last SP set(only exception will be SA Oblivion if it drops again ), already done with GMK.

Offline nappis

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 01:06:04 »
Pure Cyrillic alphas and mods please!

Offline spooknik

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 01:48:51 »
Love the dual legends

Me too. It's authentic as well, many of my Russian colleagues have keycaps with both legends.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 01:58:58 »
Love the dual legends

Me too. It's authentic as well, many of my Russian colleagues have keycaps with both legends.

Love it.  Like the double legends modifiers too.  :thumb:

Perfect for the theme.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 10:49:30 »
Update

DCS ALPS Yuri kit

- Added DCS ALPS kit.

I apologize for the back and forth with the DCS ALPS kit. First SP said us they don't do ABS ALPS anymore because of issues with the stem. Then Melissa from SP made some test samples and then SP changed their mind. I've seen the pricing list already but i can not disclosure such information because of NDA. Tho for 50 sets the pricing is GMKish. The only info on pricing which i do miss is - does this pricing includes all the new legends or not? I guess not and it's not an issue because right now i got enough stuff to do with the new font for the double legends. And making another font for DCS ALPS would be an overkill (workload) for me at this point (Tho its doable). One thing i might include int DCS ALPS kit is an enter key with ALPS logo, so the alps users can show their flag :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 10:51:58 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 11:20:09 »
Update

DCS ALPS Yuri kit

- Added DCS ALPS kit.
Show Image

I apologize for the back and forth with the DCS ALPS kit. First SP said us they don't do ABS ALPS anymore because of issues with the stem. Then Melissa from SP made some test samples and then SP changed their mind. I've seen the pricing list already but i can not disclosure such information because of NDA. Tho for 50 sets the pricing is GMKish. The only info on pricing which i do miss is - does this pricing includes all the new legends or not? I guess not and it's not an issue because right now i got enough stuff to do with the new font for the double legends. And making another font for DCS ALPS would be an overkill (workload) for me at this point (Tho its doable). One thing i might include int DCS ALPS kit is an enter key with ALPS logo, so the alps users can show their flag :)

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 11:53:08 »

YES!!!
And the “Alps logo enter” is a good idea, if only so that in the future, one can quickly see if a build spotting Yuri keycaps is an Alps or MX one.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 11:56:58 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Vireca

Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:01:24 »
I dont know which are the difference between the standard leyends and those you want to change to, but im in whatever legends you use

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:07:43 »
УПРАВЛ instead of КОМАНДА, ДОПОЛН or СМЕНА instead of АЛЬТ? ;)

Good improvements on the font all around. Good job! I still see a few inconsistencies/quirks with some of the glyphs, but I'll defer my critique for now and give you time to polish and bring the font closer to its final form.

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:14:32 »
I really like how the Cyrillic characters align with the Yuri theme. My preference would be for Cyrillic only mods. Personally, I think the double mods look too cramped. I would love the option to purchase Cyrillic alphas + Cyrillic mods .

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:17:55 »
УПРАВЛ instead of КОМАНДА, ДОПОЛН or СМЕНА instead of АЛЬТ? ;)

Good improvements on the font all around. Good job! I still see a few inconsistencies/quirks with some of the glyphs, but I'll defer my critique for now and give you time to polish and bring the font closer to its final form.

As i said i am not fond of УПРАВЛ as a short cut. КОМАНДА is a good synonym for it and i am keeping as it is. ДОПОЛН is a no go. СМЕНА sounds better which i might take as alternative to АЛЬТ. Tho СМЕНА could also be used for SHIFT. For SHIFT i am thinking about СДВИГ or some of its synonyms. Keep in mind there is no standard to it and it never existed. So i am kind of free to make my own standards. I want full words if possible. It should also sound nice and of course it should make sense for the particular kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:21:12 by T0mb3ry »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:25:17 »
As i said i am not fond of УПРАВЛ as a short cut. КОМАНДА is a good synonym for it and i am keeping as it is. ДОПОЛН is a no go. СМЕНА sounds better which i might take as alternative to АЛЬТ. Tho СМЕНА could also be used for SHIFT. For SHIFT i am thinking about СДВИГ or some of its synonyms. Keep in mind there is no standard to it and it never existed. So i am kind of free to make my own standards. I want full words if possible. It should also sound nice and of course it should make sense for the particular kit.

Cool, sounds good. My advice is to prefer words of Russian origin wherever possible. СДВИГ would work for Shift, yeah. СМЕНА/ЗАМЕНА fits Alt better, imo.

Btw, I forgot to say that I love the Ё as the Esc key! (even though it only makes sense on <75% layouts)
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:28:38 by constexpr »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:31:08 »
DCS Alps back on the table is simply amazing.  I’ll personally buy at least 3 sets to make it happen.  Just need to triple check all of the details since there still hasn’t been a modern alps set without issues of some sort.  Yes, we’ll still have to deal with cherry stabilizers on alps builds, but there are a lot of new boards around with alps support as well as options for custom plates. 

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:35:02 »
Wew. Very cool...

Thank you for the hard work mr. Tom... :thumb:

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 12:44:34 »
Update

DCS ALPS Yuri kit

- Added DCS ALPS kit.
Show Image

I am so in for this

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:32:21 »
Update

DCS ALPS Yuri kit

- Added DCS ALPS kit.
Show Image

How about Scroll instead of Scroll Lock? Also, what's the R3 Code for?

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:49:52 »

Show Image

Alphas don't enjoy significant price drops like other kits do, though I'm not quite sure if this pricing was even 100% correct from SP since Kobe and Gaijin had all new custom legends yet still cost the exact same as regular alphas. Rather odd. For Yuri I would probably suggest that the alternate alphas be MOQ 100 which would put them around 60$ to start with.
I asked Mito about the alpha pricing during the early stages of SA Laser gb and he said they priced the regular alphas had the same pricing as Kobe and Gaijin to help spread the cost of the new legends.  So basically anyone that wanted the regular alphas got screwed.  I'm not sure if that was Drop's decision or Mito.  I didn't join the drop because of it.  Hopefully for SA Yuri, the cost will be different.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:51:38 »
How about Scroll instead of Scroll Lock?
Why not? I am open to it.

Also, what's the R3 Code for?
To the right of Enter (the plus key). How unfortunate don't you think? For the Info: this is GMK Carbon R1 mods with Beezarre alphas. I am using it for win/super key in WKL layouts and for any key elsewhere. Thus its Code. Every of my Projects has an R3 Code keys. This is no exception.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:54:54 »

Show Image

I asked Mito about the alpha pricing during the early stages of SA Laser gb and he said they priced the regular alphas had the same pricing as Kobe and Gaijin to help spread the cost of the new legends.  So basically anyone that wanted the regular alphas got screwed.  I'm not sure if that was Drop's decision or Mito.  I didn't join the drop because of it.  Hopefully for SA Yuri, the cost will be different.

I would do the same as MiTO. This is a GB and that means its an GROUP effort to make something happen. People are buying keys they don't need for their layout, because its a custom keyset and not a XY knockoff ready available for shipping on Amazon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 13:57:00 by T0mb3ry »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:42:55 »
How about Scroll instead of Scroll Lock?
Why not? I am open to it.

Yeah, I think it'll look cleaner with all one-line legends.

Also, what's the R3 Code for?
To the right of Enter (the plus key). How unfortunate don't you think? For the Info: this is GMK Carbon R1 mods with Beezarre alphas. I am using it for win/super key in WKL layouts and for any key elsewhere. Thus its Code. Every of my Projects has an R3 Code keys. This is no exception.
Show Image

And how about R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn? They're pretty popular for covering those bottom two keys on 65%/75% boards (the other two popular choices being PgDn/End and PgDn/Fn, which are already covered by the set).
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:47:27 by constexpr »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:47:23 »
Show Image

And how about R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn? They're pretty popular for covering those bottom two keys on 65%/75% boards (along with PgDn/End and PgDn/Fn).

No more keys this is minimalist as it gets. Recent GMK keysets do not include those either. Keep in mind i need some room for novelties.

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 14:49:34 »
Saw DCS Alps back on the title, had to sanity check. Glad to see Alps back on the possibility train!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 15:26:54 »

Show Image

I would do the same as MiTO. This is a GB and that means its an GROUP effort to make something happen. People are buying keys they don't need for their layout, because its a custom keyset and not a XY knockoff ready available for shipping on Amazon.

For greater good.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 15:51:54 »
So i got confirmed that the pricing for DCS ALPS was meant for the standard font which is used for DCS. Well that is OKish - i still would like to do all custom legends but its better than nothing at this moment... I will try to find a matching font for the standard DCS font and update the mockups.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 17:53:23 »
So i got confirmed that the pricing for DCS ALPS was meant for the standard font which is used for DCS. Well that is OKish - i still would like to do all custom legends but its better than nothing at this moment... I will try to find a matching font for the standard DCS font and update the mockups.

There's no need to make a new font, it was already made by the DCS Cherry replica project.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 17:55:07 by Zambumon »

Offline Vireca

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:05:12 »
In alps keyset, why is there a R1 PgDn? Who want pgdn on top of a pgup key? Also, no ESC key in blue? Only orange?

I was wondering, these are going to be compatible with cherry stabs or original alps stabs?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:13:35 »
So glad to see Alps is back!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:31:54 »
In alps keyset, why is there a R1 PgDn? Who want pgdn on top of a pgup key? Also, no ESC key in blue? Only orange?

R1 Page Down is for 1800 layout support, i believe. 

I was wondering, these are going to be compatible with cherry stabs or original alps stabs?

SP only has molds for Cherry Stabilizer inserts
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 19:37:07 by pixelpusher »

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 18:54:18 »
Show Image

And how about R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn? They're pretty popular for covering those bottom two keys on 65%/75% boards (along with PgDn/End and PgDn/Fn).

No more keys this is minimalist as it gets. Recent GMK keysets do not include those either. Keep in mind i need some room for novelties.

GMK Oblivion V2 and GMK Mizu are both recent GMK sets that included R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn.  In upcoming GMK sets, those two keys are included in the current base kits for GMK Nord, GMK Phosphorus, GMK Night Runner, GMK Dracula (planned but not shown in the latest kit render), and GMK Rudy.  They're probably more common than R2 PgUp/R3 PgDn in 65% boards at this point (Massdrop sold a lot of Alts).

Offline King4477

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 22:20:53 »
Show Image

GMK Oblivion V2 and GMK Mizu are both recent GMK sets that included R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn.  In upcoming GMK sets, those two keys are included in the current base kits for GMK Nord, GMK Phosphorus, GMK Night Runner, GMK Dracula (planned but not shown in the latest kit render), and GMK Rudy.  They're probably more common than R2 PgUp/R3 PgDn in 65% boards at this point (Massdrop sold a lot of Alts).

This is my current setup. Open to other configurations, though.

Edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 22:24:40 by King4477 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 22:36:01 »
IDK man, your setup is strange to me and doesn't seem to make the most of what could be there.

If you use:
R1 Delete
R2 PgUp
R3 PgDn
R4 Function

it also gives you easy access to:

Fn+Delete for Insert
Fn+PgUp for Home
Fn+PgDn for End
Doubletap function to toggle on and off a layer

Seems like a more intuitive and efficient use of the last column to me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2019, 22:42:06 by pixelpusher »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 00:00:27 »

R1 Page Down is for 1800 layout support, i believe. 

Good catch i forgot about these completely. I will then replace these with R3 PGUP and R4 PGDN keys.

Doubletap

Not every PCB supports QMK or doubletap functionality. Also this is your way to use and its your layout.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 00:05:19 »
well, he said he was open to other configurations  :cool:

My way still gets you the entire home block on the last column  :p

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 00:31:49 »
I also prefer Delete - End - Pg Up - Pg Dn

I don't want to use layers where I don't have to, this way everything does exactly what it says it does. no muss, no fuss.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 00:53:08 »

I don't want to use layers where I don't have to, this way everything does exactly what it says it does. no muss, no fuss.

How do you go home? :)

Offline King4477

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 02:49:31 »

How do you go home? :)

Fn + end

I spend all day reading and writing prose, this configuration is very efficient for me.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 02:56:56 »
Home End PgUp PgDown is my setup on 75% - with the SP SA Honeywell set.
Home PgUp PgDown End is also ok (i believe it's most GMK sets ?)

Offline Vireca

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 07:41:44 »
I like Del PgUp PgDn Fn. I don't use the pg keys but I use Del a lot and Fn its good for a combination keys like media or so

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 11:07:43 »

Yeah, I wanted to say this as well. Peaches n Cream is another set that's currently running and has R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn support.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 11:10:54 »
I'd be 100% in for Cosmos Cyrillic monolegends.