Author Topic: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri (dropping in October)  (Read 81445 times)

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri (dropping in October)
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 23:52:08 »
Yeah is Alps beggars cannot be choosers.  Imma drop a cool g on Alps DCS Yuri no matter what though.  So thirsty for them rectangle stems  :p. Hopefully SP has learned their lesson from AW about the cap height.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 00:46:39 »
Big sad about no numpad for Alps. I know I'm a minority though. Glad to see any support at all!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If DCS ALPS Yuri sells well, then I'll look into including an appropriate numpad kit during the drop. But it has to snowball first. Otherwise let's see how it goes, because that base set will cost approximately between 140 and 150 $ on lowest moq.

Offline Anakey

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 08:59:09 »
There are now two R1 End keys in numpad kit. Maybe have an = key instead?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2019, 09:31:42 by Anakey »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 10:10:19 »
There are now two R1 End keys in numpad kit. Maybe have an = key instead?

Lawl.... good catch. Yeah = should it be in the next update.

Offline Dumble_Hub

• Lets Go Bills!!!
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 11:49:37 »
Big sad about no numpad for Alps. I know I'm a minority though. Glad to see any support at all!

If DCS ALPS Yuri sells well, then I'll look into including an appropriate numpad kit during the drop. But it has to snowball first. Otherwise let's see how it goes, because that base set will cost approximately between 140 and 150 $ on lowest moq.

Do you have any interest in possibly getting an artisan, cable or deskmat collaboration going? Kinda like what we have seen with carbon and other popular keysets.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #305 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 11:53:37 »

Do you have any interest in possibly getting an artisan, cable or deskmat collaboration going? Kinda like what we have seen with carbon and other popular keysets.

There will be definitely artisans in Yuri colors ;)
Deskmat was already available for the purchase during Space Cadet sale.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:28:36 »
Some renders for dual legends set plz, n more renders for other kits as well. Warming up my wallet for this.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:33:19 »
Some renders for dual legends set plz, n more renders for other kits as well. Warming up my wallet for this.

Well Oblotzky is right now in vocation until level 60....  :))

Offline Vox_Reticuli

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:53:08 »
I know beggars can't be choosers buuuuuuuuut is there any chance of raise/lower keys for the dcs alps?

Also, thank you for making this possible in the first place.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2019, 14:48:53 by Vox_Reticuli »

Offline Chrislol

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 00:26:41 »
alps upupupupup

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 15:00:15 »
Update

Die Kirsche
- Merged with Novelties

Novelties
- Added 'Die Kirsche' keys

Numpad
- Replaced one of the Del keys with = key.

Since the drop starts next month i will finalize the kits by the end of this week. So if you got a suggestion or you see any issue then reply/suggest/complain now ;)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 19:42:11 »
More
Update

Die Kirsche
- Merged with Novelties

Novelties
- Added 'Die Kirsche' keys
Show Image

Numpad
- Replaced one of the Del keys with = key.
Show Image
    Since the drop starts next month i will finalize the kits by the end of this week. So if you got a suggestion or you see any issue then reply/suggest/complain now ;)

Sorry but i am not supporting colevrak and international kits anymore, due to the chronical unfulfillment of the MOQ for those kits. If there is not enough interest/demand in those kits then i am not going to offer those. Yuri is also not that popular as Laser or Oblivion and in those drops colevrak and international kits did it tightly.

Since SP could have low MOQ, I think that Yuri is popular enough to sell at least 25 or more units at a higher(but still reasonable) price or so, even if it does not reach more than 50. But it's your design and up to you to make the decision. Thanks.

Thats the dilemma here, with lower moq the pricing will go up and i am not sure if people who are really interested in getting Yuri with colevrak will still be ready to get it. And MOQ of 50 is too high. Realistically it would be MOQ of 25. There are also Cyrillic alphas which do rival (because its an alternative) the colevrak and international kit. Cyrillic (if you don't really use it for Russian layout) can be used like blanks and do fit that way any layout.

More
Show Image

No no-accent R3 Esc?

I kind of disagree with including only mod colored spacebars here instead of the accent kit, that would be like including a mod colored 6.25U space bar with the modifier kit.

Non-accent R3 Esc will be added in the next update.

regarding the mod colored spacebars i need to rework the spacebar distribution across the kits.

Show Image

Thanks Tuxedo Mask!
P.S. no i am not watching Sailor Moon but i know it from my youth  ;)

DCS ALPS Yuri
As i said DCS ALPS Yuri is experimental set and i am offering only one base kit. I am not planning to add more kits for DCS ALPS!
I am also not sure about the font. As you can see i made it cherry like and making all the new legends might make this kit very expensive. So there are things to think about... It is quite possible that i will discard whole DCS ALPS idea if the pricing goes too high.
Show Image

I am in for Alps DCS!  Can I just give you my money now instead of waiting until autumn?

Does the Alps set need to have the Cherry font?  I would be fine with whatever font SP has.  I'm assuming it would look something like Midnight DCS set.

I think it does not need the font tho i really prefer the font. The thing is, i have to see that SP got and i will decide later. Otherwise the cherry font would make it all more expensive because every key will be a custom legend.

Not complaining, just an idea: take this opportunity to run an experiment.  Offer a Colevrak+ and International kits with 25 MOQ and the associated higher prices.  Strictly enforce these MOQs; cancel a kit even if 24 are ordered.  Worst case, Drop will end up canceling 48 people's full orders.  But perhaps there are enough SA Yuri fans willing to pay the higher price for their alternate layout.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 11:03:40 »

Please don't forget an R4 "UP" key for the 40's kit for those of us who prefer a traditionally oriented directional cluster.  I know you already said you would add it so I'm just hoping it isn't forgotten.

An R3 2u horizontal novelty would be fun!  But the only set I've ever gotten a 2u novelty with is GMK Metaverse so I'm not counting on it.  :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 13:55:55 »
Update

40%
- Added 1u R4 UP key.

Please don't forget an R4 "UP" key for the 40's kit for those of us who prefer a traditionally oriented directional cluster.  I know you already said you would add it so I'm just hoping it isn't forgotten.

An R3 2u horizontal novelty would be fun!  But the only set I've ever gotten a 2u novelty with is GMK Metaverse so I'm not counting on it.  :)

Thanks for reminding me ;)

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 14:22:31 »
Chiming in about the ALPS DCS set again. Any possibility for getting a black R1 1u pipe key? I see you got a black R1 1u tilde & it would kinda be a shame to not have a black R1 1u pipe key. I usually put the mod colored tilde & 1u pipe keys on my split backspace boards is why I would want to see it added to the set. Not sure how many other's would have interest in it for the same reason though?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 15:32:38 »
I'm surprised I'm the only one not happy with how the ALPS set has changed.

Would this be the very first DCS ALPS set with the Wyse legends? Cherry font has been the standard for the few DCS ALPS sets that have been created and for good reason - apart from being the clear favorite of the community at large - the limited DCS ALPS GB sets and the very rare FAME boards are the only sources for Cherry font on ALPS stems. I thought the major reason the ALPS kit was so barebones- no Cyrillics or numpad - was to ensure it hits MOQ? I'd have thought that the Cherry legends were important to that. Maybe I am wrong and there is enough love just based on the option/cw.

Now that I think about it, is there even a precedent for the Cherry icon mods on DCS? The current legends seem to me like the worst of 5 legend-consistent options assuming Cherry icons do not exist:

1. Cherry font & icon+text mods
2. Wyse font & icon only mods
3. Wyse font & icon + text
3. Cherry font & text only mods
4. Wyse font & text only mods

It seems common knowledge to me that Wyse font is less preferable than Cherry and that the same could be said for text only mods vs icon only or icon + text, even in the Wyse font. Removing the generally preferred options makes me less interested.

P.S. are there supposed to be 3 "End" keys in the ALPS mockup? (that was the old mockup, I think, nevermind)

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 September 2019, 18:16:49 by sncbraxsc2 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:01:46 »
I'm surprised I'm the only one not happy with how the ALPS set has changed.

Would this be the very first DCS ALPS set with the Wyse legends? Cherry font has been the standard for the few DCS ALPS sets that have been created and for good reason - apart from being the clear favorite of the community at large - the limited DCS ALPS GB sets and the very rare FAME boards are the only sources for Cherry font on ALPS stems. I thought the major reason the ALPS kit was so barebones- no Cyrillics or numpad - was to ensure it hits MOQ? I'd have thought that the Cherry legends were important to that. Maybe I am wrong and there is enough love just based on the option/cw.

Now that I think about it, is there even a precedent for the Cherry icon mods on DCS? The current legends seem to me like the worst of 5 legend-consistent options assuming Cherry icons do not exist:

1. Cherry font & icon+text mods
2. Wyse font & icon only mods
3. Wyse font & icon + text
3. Cherry font & text only mods
4. Wyse font & text only mods

It seems common knowledge to me that Wyse font is less preferable than Cherry and that the same could be said for text only mods vs icon only or icon + text, even in the Wyse font. Removing the generally preferred options makes me less interested.

P.S. are there supposed to be 3 "End" keys in the ALPS mockup? (that was the old mockup, I think, nevermind)

Honestly i would love to make Cherry legends instead of WYSE. However the cherry you do know for DCS Profile are not free to use and i will not be able to use it. I said it already in previous posts. So the only option right now is the WYSE. And from all the pictures i've seen only word mods is the cleanest. If i would choose icons then only Cherry but this is not the case here.

So its going to be WYSE with only word mods...

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:14:17 »
Fair enough, I didn't know it would be more expensive to use the Cherry legends. Maybe it is a subjective thing but one quick look at the difference between Icon only and Text only makes it an easy decision for me.

Then, I think that would also make this the first set with WYSE text only mods. Of course, WYSE had a few examples of their own but, like above, they were top adjusted? The center adjusted legends also used icons as far as I'm aware.

I love the color but this honestly a much different set now

Offline Dumble_Hub

• Lets Go Bills!!!
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 18:00:51 »
This set has me looking at Vostok 1 models and Nixie clocks. Im so stoked for October!

Offline dallman5

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 23:12:50 »
Fair enough, I didn't know it would be more expensive to use the Cherry legends. Maybe it is a subjective thing but one quick look at the difference between Icon only and Text only makes it an easy decision for me.

Show Image

Show Image

Then, I think that would also make this the first set with WYSE text only mods. Of course, WYSE had a few examples of their own but, like above, they were top adjusted? The center adjusted legends also used icons as far as I'm aware.

I’d just like to say that I agree with you, text-only mods are my least favorite on cylindrical caps by a fair margin. It would be really cool if we could get some icon mods a la DCS Red Alert though!
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 23:53:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

If i look at the icon mods and how inconsistent they are i definitely don't want it. Shift icon are different size. Enter arrow has different size compared to arrows. Again: the only icon mods i do accept are the OG Cherry. Unfortunately those are not available for DCS.s

Here is the example of text only mods how its going to look. The WYSE board you posted has different alignment.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 09:46:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

If i look at the icon mods and how inconsistent they are i definitely don't want it. Shift icon are different size. Enter arrow has different size compared to arrows. Again: the only icon mods i do accept are the OG Cherry. Unfortunately those are not available for DCS.s

Here is the example of text only mods how its going to look. The WYSE board you posted has different alignment.
Show Image

As much as the icons are not ideal, neither is the font. buttt I think its growing on me, especially as I look at WKL pictures of DCS percent. Your colorway and novelties are better too. Just please dont make the arrows up down left and right :))

Offline Dizz_cz

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 10:27:04 »
Hello, I'm very interested in this keycap, so looking forvard to october. All glory for creator!

But I have some "problems" with Super/Meta key. I think the latin Meta surrounded Cyrillic texts looks terrible and Super/Meta on dual version is complete wrong, these keys have another purposes.  As Emacs user I want meta key (as replacement for left Alt) but not if this key triggers my OCD. Why you chose Meta instead супер (that mean super in russian) on Cyrillic mods?

I'm sorry, but this irritating me.  :-/

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 10:39:30 »
Interesting that Cherry replica font costs more.  Are the molds that created Alpine Winter gone or unusable?  It used cherry legends, right?

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 10:42:01 »
As much as I would love to support a new Alps keycap set, text-only mods make it hard for me to jump in. But, I can understand why you are doing it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 10:56:45 »
Hello, I'm very interested in this keycap, so looking forvard to october. All glory for creator!

But I have some "problems" with Super/Meta key. I think the latin Meta surrounded Cyrillic texts looks terrible and Super/Meta on dual version is complete wrong, these keys have another purposes.  As Emacs user I want meta key (as replacement for left Alt) but not if this key triggers my OCD. Why you chose Meta instead супер (that mean super in russian) on Cyrillic mods?

I'm sorry, but this irritating me.  :-/

By any means i want to replicate the META of EMACS.

The idea was to have META key once you switch to the Cyrillics layer with CYRILLIC key. And its written the same way as in Latin. An alternative could be ГИПЕР (HYPER). I don't really want just to repeat SUPER.

Keep in mind i don't want to replicate anything because this was never done before. This is something new.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:49:08 »
An alternative could be ГИПЕР (HYPER). I don't really want just to repeat SUPER.

I'm no russian expert but I believe ГИПЕР is pronounced "geeper".  Perhaps you meant XИПЕР which I'm guessing starts with the H sounds like it does in хорошо́ (horoshow aka 'good').

EDIT: Google translate says it's гипер so that's probably what it is  :-[
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:57:46 by waldorf120 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 01:08:37 »
An alternative could be ГИПЕР (HYPER). I don't really want just to repeat SUPER.

I'm no russian expert but I believe ГИПЕР is pronounced "geeper".  Perhaps you meant XИПЕР which I'm guessing starts with the H sounds like it does in хорошо́ (horoshow aka 'good').

EDIT: Google translate says it's гипер so that's probably what it is  :-[

I am native Russian speaker. All the translations are meaningful (even the synonyms) and they do reflect the exact purpose for each key in Russian language. :D

Keep in mind i do not use the outdated Russian typewriter terms. Keyboard is different than a typewriter and some terms actually needs to be updated (For example Caps Lock should be called Shift Lock because it is not limited to capital letters. Shift as such does shift whole layer basically.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2019, 01:13:06 by T0mb3ry »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 15:31:41 »
I've been thinking about DCS ALPS Yuri ever since this IC was posted.

I have no ALPS keyboards or switches whatsoever . . . and yet, this would be perfect for my introduction to ALPS.

I love Orange ALPS for its tactility and its relative availability. I have been thinking of picking some up for the longest time, and I might as well, as they will only get scarcer.

The Yuri keyset would be perfect for Orange ALPS, and DCS is my favourite profile. It's a no-brainer.

What would you do in my shoes? I think the first step is to get on the GB. And then secure some Orange ALPS. Then, I can look into a 65-75% board to use them in.

Is it possible to get the cool star ENTER key with the DCS set?

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #329 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 21:12:30 »
Might have missed seeing it somewhere, but..
Would really want to see a render for Cosmos Alphas along with the matching Modifiers (preferring Cyrillic) on a grey 1800 board!

Otherwise, great set!

Offline Willhurt2008

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 04:50:24 »
Hi, T0mb3ry. Would you consider changing F1, F2 etc in Cyrillic set to Ф1, Ф2 and so on, to keep it all Cyrillic?
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 September 2019, 06:03:55 by Willhurt2008 »

Offline Dumble_Hub

• Lets Go Bills!!!
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 07:04:13 »
I've been thinking about DCS ALPS Yuri ever since this IC was posted.

I have no ALPS keyboards or switches whatsoever . . . and yet, this would be perfect for my introduction to ALPS.

I love Orange ALPS for its tactility and its relative availability. I have been thinking of picking some up for the longest time, and I might as well, as they will only get scarcer.

The Yuri keyset would be perfect for Orange ALPS, and DCS is my favourite profile. It's a no-brainer.

What would you do in my shoes? I think the first step is to get on the GB. And then secure some Orange ALPS. Then, I can look into a 65-75% board to use them in.

Is it possible to get the cool star ENTER key with the DCS set?

I would definitely recommend you wait until the GB hits MOQ before buying parts for a board.

SKCM orange is a fantastic choice btw, I have been thinking of using them in my Yuri build also.

When it comes to getting a board to put this on it can get tricky. Finding a pcb with alps support is not hard, the hard part is getting a plate that supports both alps switches and cherry stabs. Be prepared to get a custom plate cut, that's what I needed to do for my alps FC660.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #332 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 07:20:13 »
Hi, T0mb3ry. Would you consider changing F1, F2 etc in Cyrillic set to Ф1, Ф2 and so on, to keep it all Cyrillic?

Actually they should be Cyrillic but that will be 20 additional custom keys... I thought about this but in order to reduce price i decided against it...

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 07:58:58 »
I would definitely recommend you wait until the GB hits MOQ before buying parts for a board.
Dont. If people all follow your advice, that's how the GB miss the MOQ actually..

Offline Dumble_Hub

• Lets Go Bills!!!
« Reply #334 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 08:13:06 »
Dont. If people all follow your advice, that's how the GB miss the MOQ actually..

What I mean is join the GB before MOQ and when MOQ is hit begin to part together the rest of the build, I could have worded that better.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 September 2019, 08:16:42 by Darocker098 »

Offline Willhurt2008

« Reply #335 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 10:02:02 »

Actually they should be Cyrillic but that will be 20 additional custom keys... I thought about this but in order to reduce price i decided against it...

Thats a shame, would look much more complete this way... But maybe people who want Cyrillic kit would be fine with cost increase to get more rounded set. I for sure would be. Anyways, your call.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 08:54:45 »
Salt key in the Novelties kit would be a fun addition.  You said you might consider it earlier in this IC, but I understand if you already have too many novelties.

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:43:14 »

This is my current setup. Open to other configurations, though.

Show Image

Edit: fixed link

That is an incredible setup. Can you post pics and identify the build?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:47:12 »
Update

Novelties
- Added salty keys.

Offline piit79

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 12:52:23 »
OT: What's the deal with the salty keys? :-) I know there was a whole set in Carbon R2 matching many sets, but I don't know what the story behind them is ;-)

Offline Anakey

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 14:31:12 »
OT: What's the deal with the salty keys? :-) I know there was a whole set in Carbon R2 matching many sets, but I don't know what the story behind them is ;-)

there was an error on the Carbon SA R2 drop where the price advertised for warning signs kit in all 3 colorways was abnormally low like $12 for like 36 keys. A few days into the drop they corrected the pricing but those that already got them were charged the original price. Out of the drama this caused because of those that missed out a salty keys kit was added as a joke and it looks like it made it into GMK version with the different colorways.

Offline mode

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 08:02:57 »
Will definitely be picking up a set of yuri alps, so glad to see ISO support!

If anyone's interested, I recently had a couple of ISO plates made by laserboost for the LFKeyboards LFK-TKL/SMK PCB with costar stabs and I've attached the .dxf. It should work perfectly with this set, I did the first for a nexus slider build with oranges, and the second should get the blue alps from the board above with yuri :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2019, 08:05:58 by mode »

Offline ZivZulander

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 09:00:29 »
Will definitely be picking up a set of yuri alps, so glad to see ISO support!

If anyone's interested, I recently had a couple of ISO plates made by laserboost for the LFKeyboards LFK-TKL/SMK PCB with costar stabs and I've attached the .dxf. It should work perfectly with this set, I did the first for a nexus slider build with oranges, and the second should get the blue alps from the board above with yuri :)

Awesome! I have a SMK65 waiting to go into a build, but the initial reason I got that rather than TKL was the lack of a plate. Will definitely use this for a future build.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2019, 10:48:58 by ZivZulander »

Offline mode

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 10:19:25 »
Awesome! I have a the SMK65 waiting to go into a build, but the initial reason I got that rather than TKL was the lack of a plate. Will definitely use this for a future build.

Glad someone is getting some use out of it, my first attempt didn't fit as the default TKL design from http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com looks the same but isn't. I'm kinda glad I had to reorder though as the quality was much much better from laserboost compared to the first from lasergist, turned up fast too.

I'm coming around to the idea of getting the SA set for my nexus build too, the dark cosmos scheme is really growing on me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2019, 10:21:11 by mode »

Offline SenhorHoshino

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 04:09:49 »
Is this really only dropping on Drop? Such a shame for EU buyers...

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:54:58 »
are the alphas with latin and cyrillic going to be available on the lighter blue or only the darker blue?  the darker blue alphas don't appeal to me but i'd prefer both legends.  especially since double mods are avaiiable.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:55:43 »

somebody always gets salty over some decision a keycap designer makes.  the legends are already made, so why not use them?

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
Re: [IC] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 19:00:27 »
What do you all think of the triangles as arrow keys? I personally really dislike them. Would much rather have an actual arrow shape or text.

i prefer the greater-than / less-than style chevrons that mito uses on many of his sets.  arrows would be my second choice.  don't like the triangles much.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 00:03:32 »
are the alphas with latin and cyrillic going to be available on the lighter blue or only the darker blue?  the darker blue alphas don't appeal to me but i'd prefer both legends.  especially since double mods are avaiiable.

You can see all available kits in the first post of this IC. So yes the dual alphas will be available only in Cosmos version.

What do you all think of the triangles as arrow keys? I personally really dislike them. Would much rather have an actual arrow shape or text.

i prefer the greater-than / less-than style chevrons that mito uses on many of his sets.  arrows would be my second choice.  don't like the triangles much.

I prefer these triangles because they do match the large alphas of SA sets better. The arrows look dwarfed in the whole picture. I've used those triangles already in SP SA Carbon R1.

Is this really only dropping on Drop? Such a shame for EU buyers...

It will be dropping only Drop.

Offline piit79

« Reply #349 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 01:54:14 »

It will be dropping only Drop.

Can I ask for the reason? Genuine question. I think the community very strongly prefers local vendors. Is it just the mentioned "inexperience" with vendors? Or does Drop "pay" better? ;) (If you do this for a living then I'd totally understand, don't get me wrong.) I can imagine there is probably greater sales potential on Drop, but at what cost...