Author Topic: I would like some recommendations on TKL mechanical keyboards  (Read 3082 times)

Offline UltimateScrub

I would like some recommendations on TKL mechanical keyboards
« on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 04:11:55 »
I have been looking for a RGB TKL keyboards for typing and gaming on the market, and I wonder the hyperx alloy origin core aqua switches or steelseries apex 7 with brown switches is better? Or are there any better option out in the market?

Offline rxc92

Re: I would like some recommendations on TKL mechanical keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 06:39:13 »
Consumer boards are usually very bad for value. Do you know what you want specifically?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 09:10:07 »
look out for a Leopold TKL or Varmilo.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline rxc92

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 15:29:31 »

>> RGB 
>> Leopold 
?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 18:51:21 »
Leopold PD series is a great deal IMO....One of the best stock keycaps and a solid board all around....I can't even think of a keyboard that competes at that price point. 

Solid build.  Standard layout.  Clipped Cherry stabilizers.  Sound mat in the board.  Doubleshot PBT Keycaps with a few different colorways..

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 21:07:54 »

>> RGB 
>> Leopold 
?

Oh yeah whops read over it then. I don't have suggestions then i guess.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:58:26 »
I have been looking for a RGB TKL keyboards for typing and gaming on the market, and I wonder the hyperx alloy origin core aqua switches or steelseries apex 7 with brown switches is better? Or are there any better option out in the market?

If you really really want RGB you could either go for one of the Varmilo boards that do support it, or you can go with Ducky. Leopold is definitely the best but if you're dead set on getting that RGB, Ducky/ Varmilo should do it for you.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 16:08:30 »

If you really really want RGB you could either go for one of the Varmilo boards that do support it, or you can go with Ducky. Leopold is definitely the best but if you're dead set on getting that RGB, Ducky/ Varmilo should do it for you.

You seem to have an obsession with Leopold boards. They're good for prebuilts, and that's about it. You can get better boards with much wider selection for similar prices. 

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 16:21:09 »

You seem to have an obsession with Leopold boards. They're good for prebuilts, and that's about it. You can get better boards with much wider selection for similar prices.

Please enlighten me, i'm very curious for a better tkl at a similar price.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:22:43 »

I also always recommend a Leopold. They got everything right. It's not about fanboying a company if the next one makes the same keyboard for a lower price i will recommend them. I used to recommend Filco back in the day but that changed since Leopold upped there game.

Key-caps are nice high quality PBT with a similar profile to cherry.
case is sturdy
Silencing mat inside
Good stabilisers
GOOD PRICE!

current
Coming soon

Offline shine

• IBM obsessed
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:54:06 »
Why don't you look for a custom?
Looking for: IBM 4978(XD!)
Current collection:
More
B: 3101, 3276, 3277, 3278, 3279, 5251, 5285, 6580
F: F50, F62 OG "kishaver", F104 "Unsaver", F107, F122, XT, AT, 3178 "bluebutton", 5291 "Bigfoot", 5155
M: Mopar, silver badge
Topre: Nissho KB106DE
Alps: blues, whites, green