Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE (QC, Shipping) 99% completed  (Read 1179144 times)

Offline neoCobweb

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE
« Reply #700 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:34:00 »
3k... yeah ok bud im sure they offered 3k then ghosted

Offline dantambok

« Reply #701 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:49:09 »
We are also part of the problem  :))

"we"

I mean we cant avoid paying flip sometimes due to the fact some boards ran before someone started the hobby. Maybe also limited FCFS, raffled slots or some not being available to international sales. I have to admit i have paid flip for boards but just around x 1.5 - 2 of the original GB price not x3 for the spot like this guy is asking.

PS - on all the boards listed on my sig, i am proud to say that i have only paid flip price for 3 or 4 boards listed there.  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:08:05 by dantambok »
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline tentboy

« Reply #702 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:58:08 »

"we"

I mean we cant avoid paying flip sometimes due to the fact some boards ran before someone started the hobby. Maybe also limited FCFS or raffles. I have to admit i have paid flip for boards but just around x 1.5 - 2 of the original GB price not x3 for the spot like this guy is asking.

PS - on all the boards listed on my sig, i am proud to say that i have only paid flip price for 3 boards listed there.  :D

were you able to get into this GB or going to be trying to pay flip price for one  ;)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #703 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:02:58 »

"we"

I mean we cant avoid paying flip sometimes due to the fact some boards ran before someone started the hobby. Maybe also limited FCFS or raffles. I have to admit i have paid flip for boards but just around x 1.5 - 2 of the original GB price not x3 for the spot like this guy is asking.

PS - on all the boards listed on my sig, i am proud to say that i have only paid flip price for 3 boards listed there.  :D

were you able to get into this GB or going to be trying to pay flip price for one  ;)

Dan is at the centre of a board vortex now, he doesn't need to join GBs, the keyboards just ship themselves to him automatically.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #704 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:24:49 »
Sam should cancel nada's spot.

I know that Novelkeys pulled the GB slot for two guys that were trying to flip their spot in the SA Olivia GB.

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #705 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:39:46 »

I know that Novelkeys pulled the GB slot for two guys that were trying to flip their spot in the SA Olivia GB.

Can I has the cancelled spot :D

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #706 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:47:10 »

Can I has the cancelled spot :D

I like stirring the pot

Can I have the spot so I can get two CE's?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #707 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:48:57 »
If anyone is interested in my spot, please let me know. I currently have my eyes set on a different board and would like to keep the number of my boards low :) I have the multicolor weight, and an extra carbon fiber plate and pcb.

really

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #708 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 13:22:19 »
GB slots should always only be sold at cost.

Totally agree with this one.  Things happen in life and that’s a long time to have money in something but no product or exchange.  If it’s 1:1, then it’s fine. But also, the GB runner shouldn’t have to facilitate any of this - it should be handled by the two parties.  So, as with everything, caveat emptor.  If you assemble the board (labor), install switches (parts), then yeah, sell for more.  But $1.8k is stupid.  For both buyer and seller.  A fool and their money are soon parted.

Disagree that the GB runner shouldn't be involved. Think of the Oscar E6 situation:

• GB Participant joins GB
  • Before product ships, participant sells Oscar his spot
  • Participant changes shipping address to Oscar's
  • Oscar never receives board upon completion of GB, despite tracking saying it was delivered
  • Oscar reaches out to Exclusive, but wasn't actually a participant
  • Oscar files PayPal dispute for the amount paid (which actually disputes against the original participant, not Exclusive)

If you sell your spot, IMO you should:

• 'Sell' the spot to the new person for the cost of the PayPal fees
  • Have the GB runner refund you, minus the PayPal fees
  • Have the GB runner invoice the new participant directly

Ultimately, the new person pays what you paid for the spot + the refund PayPal fees. The GB runner has to refund and redirect to the new person, but ultimately has a new customer with a clean relationship.

Other option is even more simple: If you want out of a GB, you get refunded (minus PayPal fees) and the GB runner raffles off the open spot.

Just my $.02

Yeah, that’s a good point.  I guess I just feel that with these GB’s, some of the makers are already swamped under the load of order changes, modifications, etc.  I would default against the extra burden of something like that.  But I totally see your point.

Offline Wicky

« Reply #709 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 13:37:10 »
Refunding the original spot's owner and invoicing the new one doesn't stop money from being exchanged without the gb runner's knowledge though. How does this do anything to prevent spot flipping? If I'm misunderstanding the point let me know.

I mean anything short of disallowing spot transfers will not be able to prevent spot flipping.

Btw, how do spots usually get transferred? Is the original buyer's info (shipping address, contact info, etc.) just changed to the new person's info?
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #710 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 13:43:07 »
Refunding the original spot's owner and invoicing the new one doesn't stop money from being exchanged without the gb runner's knowledge though. How does this do anything to prevent spot flipping? If I'm misunderstanding the point let me know.

I mean anything short of disallowing spot transfers will not be able to prevent spot flipping.

Btw, how do spots usually get transferred? Is the original buyer's info (shipping address, contact info, etc.) just changed to the new person's info?

Not doing anything about it is worse than refunding the original spot's owner and executing the transfer process. It won't prevent spot flipping fully, but it helps establish a standard for transfer procedures. It's all about curbing the risks.

Not allowing transfers would be fine by me, too. Maybe then people will think to either buy it because they like it, or they're patient enough to wait until it gets to them for them to sell it (assuming this was their original intention - which sucks).

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #711 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 14:02:47 »
Not allowing transfers would be fine by me, too. Maybe then people will think to either buy it because they like it, or they're patient enough to wait until it gets to them for them to sell it (assuming this was their original intention - which sucks).

That's gotta be the best way to go about it. If you think you won't be able to afford it or aren't sure if you want it then don't get it; right now it's impossible to lose money on a TGR (and many other) buy, be it by selling their spot or just flipping the board once/after you get it. If something happens and you need to actually give up your board during GB phase because emergencies happen, I'm sure most of the very popular runners nowadays would be able to just refund you and sell off the extra board by other means (to friends or people who've PM'd asking for extra stock etc) if they want.

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 14:19:54 »
If anyone is interested in my spot, please let me know. I currently have my eyes set on a different board and would like to keep the number of my boards low :) I have the multicolor weight, and an extra carbon fiber plate and pcb.

neck yourself

Took the words right out my mouth baby

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:24:48 »
I fully support the idea of not allowing transfers/removing people who try to sell group buy spots. If you wanna sell the board after you receive it, that's your choice, but at least its 100% something you own in hand and you were patient enough to wait for it to get to you. Selling a spot for something that you don't even have in hand for such a huge markup is just super ****ty, and it's like a giant middle finger to the designer and screws over people who actually want the board but couldn't get it in time. It's purely greed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:40:36 by Gandalf_the_Mandalf »

Offline Wicky

« Reply #714 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:31:10 »

That's gotta be the best way to go about it. If you think you won't be able to afford it or aren't sure if you want it then don't get it; right now it's impossible to lose money on a TGR (and many other) buy, be it by selling their spot or just flipping the board once/after you get it. If something happens and you need to actually give up your board during GB phase because emergencies happen, I'm sure most of the very popular runners nowadays would be able to just refund you and sell off the extra board by other means (to friends or people who've PM'd asking for extra stock etc) if they want.

Let's say a rare board pops up in the aftermarket and a gb participant could have traded their spot for what might be their grail board. Are they SOL?

Also, if a group buy starts to go south or takes longer than expected and someone wants to jump ship, are they screwed there too? In the mech27 v2 group buy there were people letting go of their spots without the intent to flip. Though I guess after a certain amount of time the gb runner could allow transfers.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #715 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:41:12 »

Let's say a rare board pops up in the aftermarket and a gb participant could have traded their spot for what might be their grail board. Are they SOL?

Also, if a group buy starts to go south or takes longer than expected and someone wants to jump ship, are they screwed there too? In the mech27 v2 group buy there were people letting go of their spots without the intent to flip. Though I guess after a certain amount of time the gb runner could allow transfers.

There's a fine line between being allowed to transfer due to a group buy going south and being allowed to transfer because the participants wants to make a quick buck off of your hard work and design.

Also paypal protections and bank charge-backs are a thing to utilize in the event a group buy organizer goes completely AWOL.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #716 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:50:50 »
Ya'll know all this controversy just makes this board even more desirable and is driving up the aftermarket price, right? :thumb:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #717 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:53:46 »
Ya'll know all this controversy just makes this board even more desirable and is driving up the aftermarket price, right? :thumb:

All according to plan

Offline evanmcferran

« Reply #718 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:56:20 »
@nadayada: Sent you a longshot PM, but let me know if everyone else fall through. Would love love this spot and config! ;D

I wouldn't. He's trying to flip his spot.

I just heard back from him and it's quite clear that he's trying to flip. The magic number is 1.8k if anyone is interested.

(Attachment Link)

The magic number is 1.8k if anyone is interested.

Another gb spot seller approached me through pms and said their highest bid was 1.2k. This was as of 12 hours ago:(

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #719 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:11:21 »

All according to plan

All according to keikaku*

FTFY

*T/N: keikaku means plan

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #720 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:23:07 »
i go out for ONE day and i miss spicy drama?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #721 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:41:00 »

Yes.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #722 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:46:36 »

Yes.

Buyers remorse is the fault of the buyer.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline Wicky

« Reply #723 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:52:38 »

Yes.

Yeah I suppose that's fair.

Offline tentboy

« Reply #724 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:06:28 »
i go out for ONE day and i miss spicy drama?
That’s what you get for leaving the internet and interacting with others in person.

Offline nadayada

« Reply #725 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:09:28 »
Hello geekhack,

I realize I made a big mistake.

I want to apologize to the members of this community as well as to those who really want the board.

Yes, someone messaged me 3k for the board. I got excited and agreed to them as soon as they sent it. I realize that it was probably just a joke.

Where I went wrong was asking people how much they would offer, and what would their price be. It should have been simple. Like someone said earlier, the price of a gb spot should only be what the price of the spot is, if anything. For me to ask how much people wanted, is completely wrong and uncalled for. Also by doing so, it was treated as an auction, which is against the guidelines here at geekhack, which I did not realize at the time. Even doing so, that's quite an inhumane thing to do... I'm quite disappointed in myself. As a result, I will probably be banned within the next few days, which is a sensible consequence.

So to all those who offered me, I will just take the board off the market. I feel like this is the most sensible thing to do. After what has happened, I have no intention of selling the board, not in the future either.

I think the best thing to do in this situation, if Yuksti wants to revoke my spot, he can message me and the next person who was going to receive the board should receive it. If Yutski decides to allow me to keep it, I will not sell this.

It will be a hard lesson to learn if I do not get to keep the spot, get banned on geekhack, and so forth. But I've learned my lesson.

Again, I apologize, and hopefully the gb goes smoothly. I sincerely hope you guys enjoy your boards.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #726 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:12:01 »
I mean, I don't want to say too much. Down the road in the distant future I might want to sell this board and I'd be a hypocrite for selling at market value. All I'm saying is, don't flip your gb spot with huge mark up  before it even ships; regardless of which product it concerns.

Offline nadayada

« Reply #727 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:14:07 »
No, the problem was that I also wasted people's time and such too. Alongside flipping, there was a lot that I did wrong, and I should be punished for it, regardless.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #728 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:46:45 »
@nadayada: Sent you a longshot PM, but let me know if everyone else fall through. Would love love this spot and config! ;D

I wouldn't. He's trying to flip his spot.

I just heard back from him and it's quite clear that he's trying to flip. The magic number is 1.8k if anyone is interested.

(Attachment Link)

The magic number is 1.8k if anyone is interested.

Another gb spot seller approached me through pms and said their highest bid was 1.2k. This was as of 12 hours ago:(
Name and shame

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #729 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:48:01 »
Insert :Eating Popcorn GIF:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #730 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:21:34 »
No, you just learned not to flip until you got the board. In your apology you didn't mention yuktsi just canceling your spot as an option. You still want the board and if someone offered you $3k later when you'd have the board you'd probably get excited again.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #731 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:22:35 »
Frankly, I think the issue has been fully resolved and no need to keep piling on the guy.

Let's go back to talking about how much we're looking forward to getting this board. :)

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #732 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:36:24 »
Frankly, I think the issue has been fully resolved and no need to keep piling on the guy.

Let's go back to talking about how much we're looking forward to getting this board. :)

This. The guy didn't commit a crime, he broke some unwritten code of conduct in a keyboard community. All is fine. :)

Offline typischt

« Reply #733 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:45:23 »
No, you just learned not to flip until you got the board. In your apology you didn't mention yuktsi just canceling your spot as an option. You still want the board and if someone offered you $3k later when you'd have the board you'd probably get excited again.
To befair, he actually said, that if Yuktsi wants to revoke his spots it should be like that.

Offline nadayada

« Reply #734 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:49:38 »

Sorry, I also meant that Yuktsi could cancel my spot as an option as well when I said they could transfer my spot to the next person in line for the board.

I have no intention of selling the board anymore, as I've received my fair share of hate mail and it has definitely made me question my own morals. I guess there isn't any way of insuring that I don't flip, if I keep the board, which is why I'm okay with Yuktsi revoking my spot, which imho is the best way I could think about doing this in an ethical way.

I don't want to hijack this thread, and I'm certain yuktsi, the plate designers, and others would appreciate it, so if you have a better alternative to what I should do, if you have other thoughts/concerns/hate, feel free to pm. I'll get back to you asap, I'm still responding to what others have sent to me, and I need some time to think about my actions. Again, I'm sorry, I hope this gb goes well.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:16:41 »
To befair, he actually said, that if Yuktsi wants to revoke his spots it should be like that.
What the heck? The rest of the post before that paragraph didn't show up for me before on Tapatalk.

Never mind, then. nada, my apologies!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #736 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:31:32 »

Yes.

is it buyer's remorse if you just enter the GB to flip

some people are just dumbasses

anyway, no need to beat a dead horse
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline adxlk

« Reply #737 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:48:44 »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #738 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:57:18 »

Yes.

Some people find beating dead horses as a kink Puddsy, not me but some people.

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #739 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 18:38:42 »
Show Image

Very nice. I’m still trying to decide on a set :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #740 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 18:51:21 »
Show Image

I've already decided on sanctuary rebirth myself, cant wait to see what other peeps do. i know there are some creative peeps out here

Offline adxlk

« Reply #741 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:34:33 »
Show Image

Gmk wob. Massdrop said they will restock

Offline adxlk

« Reply #742 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:36:05 »
Show Image

I've already decided on sanctuary rebirth myself, cant wait to see what other peeps do. i know there are some creative peeps out here

Handerbeit made for this board. Sadly. Not running. Pepehands

Offline jortzii

« Reply #743 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 02:42:43 »
Show Image

I've been considering this as well! Also looking at Tokyo Nights, Darksel, First Love, and Black Lotus lol. Maybe GMK Cafe or SA Bliss will fill the void.

I've also thought about trying my SA Vilebloom on it.
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:34:53 »

Yes.

You sure? I can guarantee the next GB that happens and someone tries to flip, this conversation will come up. It will never end because there is nothing really preventing it from happening. Unfortunately with how the market works in this community, these types of situations will never stop happening unless GBs stop happening.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #745 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:42:21 »
I'm doing Oblivion or Hammer Desko probs. I feel like Desko might be best.

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #746 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 17:35:57 »

Yes.

You sure? I can guarantee the next GB that happens and someone tries to flip, this conversation will come up. It will never end because there is nothing really preventing it from happening. Unfortunately with how the market works in this community, these types of situations will never stop happening unless GBs stop happening.
Partly true, yeah. They stop happening once there isn’t an interested party. if the market stops paying insane markups, then less people will be willing to flip since margins would barely make it worth it considering turnaround time is a few months at best for a quality board.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #747 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 20:02:25 »
Partly true, yeah. They stop happening once there isn’t an interested party. if the market stops paying insane markups, then less people will be willing to flip since margins would barely make it worth it considering turnaround time is a few months at best for a quality board.

I'm afraid that would only happen when designs stop going out in limited quantities, which practically means never.

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #748 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 21:05:50 »

I'm afraid that would only happen when designs stop going out in limited quantities, which practically means never.

Then the cycle of life will continue I suppose. In the mean time can we get back to talkin about this lil guy

Offline adxlk

« Reply #749 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 21:15:10 »

Then the cycle of life will continue I suppose. In the mean time can we get back to talkin about this lil guy

Show Image

pink switch sticker