Author Topic: Honeywell Terminal + Hall Effect Keyboard $440 shipped  (Read 18847 times)

Offline Rayndalf

Honeywell Terminal + Hall Effect Keyboard $440 shipped
« on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 21:42:39 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283932456518?
Not sure this is a real deal, but it is priced to sell (hall effect switches with beautiful doubleshots in a classic colorway with the rest of the damn terminal too)

Offline funkmon

Re: Honeywell Terminal + Hall Effect Keyboard $440 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 23:52:00 »
Oh noes. I just spent like $800 on Model Fs. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 05:56:40 »
I feel that. Either I can't find anything I like and join a GMK buy or skim Ebay out of boredom or two keysets, a custom, and something like this show up all at the same time.

I bargain shop and end up buying several cheap boards because I can't stomach paying "too much" to get something really special. In the end I end up with some GMK sets I end up flipping on Mechmarket or some solid vintage boards that aren't really worth converting but are nice enough that I can't bring myself to part them out.

I'd like to say I plan on changing that, but my collection of vintage boards is a happy waste of space. My unbuilt Grid600 on the other hand still haunts me.

I hope someone here can snag this terminal. Who knows, if it's still for sale in a few days I might have the money, but I'm not sure anyone wants me to bring a CRT into the house (and I couldn't bring myself to seperate it from the board).

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:37:37 »
I want this as well  :-X Need to save money  :-\
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 14:18:38 »
That's really cool. You seem to be trolling Ebay for weird old stuff way more than I even do. I hope it went to a good home ... meaning staying complete.

Oh noes. I just spent like $800 on Model Fs. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Well, that's never a bad thing. What did you pick up now?

Offline funkmon

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 03:23:04 »
A 4704 and an AT.

But you know, I am having a really fun time with my Models M right now as well so I'm going to get that F107 and it's probably going to go in the closet because I'm a maniac.

Though I also have a complete black keycap set...I wonder if I would be the only guy in the world to have an F107 with black keys. That would be cool.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 09:58:50 »
A 4704 and an AT.

But you know, I am having a really fun time with my Models M right now as well so I'm going to get that F107 and it's probably going to go in the closet because I'm a maniac.

Though I also have a complete black keycap set...I wonder if I would be the only guy in the world to have an F107 with black keys. That would be cool.

Ellipse has a dark gray printed cap set in the works with the rest. From what I can tell so far, it looks like it may be somewhat similar to the blacked-out caps on a Realforce or something. I do wish they were a bit darker, but they still look great.

I don't know that I have seen an F107 with black caps. You couldn't really populate the whole board with that set though, could you? You're talking about one from an old Model M, right?

He's also having custom adjustable solenoids made, and a fresh batch of solenoid drivers, if yours is missing the buzzer (mine is) and has an xwhatsit.

Where did you get it? Did Orihalcon finally cough up some more of his? I love mine so much, I wouldn't be surprised if I picked up another 1 or 2 of them.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:24:15 »
A 4704 and an AT.

Ellipse has a dark gray printed cap set in the works with the rest. From what I can tell so far, it looks like it may be somewhat similar to the blacked-out caps on a Realforce or something. I do wish they were a bit darker, but they still look great.

I don't know that I have seen an F107 with black caps. You couldn't really populate the whole board with that set though, could you? You're talking about one from an old Model M, right?

He's also having custom adjustable solenoids made, and a fresh batch of solenoid drivers, if yours is missing the buzzer (mine is) and has an xwhatsit.

Where did you get it? Did Orihalcon finally cough up some more of his? I love mine so much, I wouldn't be surprised if I picked up another 1 or 2 of them.

I could and will populate the whole board with that set. Haha. I have about 150 unprinted black keys as well I can fill the holes with.

And yes, Orihalcon did finally cough up another one, and now I'm poor.