Author Topic: o-ring mounting question  (Read 3871 times)

Offline PlayBox

o-ring mounting question
« on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 16:47:26 »
planning to use redragon k552 as a budget keyboard kit. planning on improving the mount, there are two methods of using o-rings for mounting o-ring mod (tofu 60/65 where you place o ring on a stand-off and the screw)
and a gummy o-ring mod, that is more popular. i have more quesstions regarding the gummy o-ring mod: 1: is it safe, is there a chance of it breaking a keyboard?, 2: can i use it on tkl keyboard (redragon k552)?, 3: will it make it less rigid/stable for the plate and pcb to fall into the case? 4: are there any stores with shipping to europe that sell it cheap with free/cheap shipping.
and for the o-ring mod: 1: is it doable on a k552?, 2: is it safer/less safe than gummy o-ring mod?
which one is better/safer?
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline kaitalyn

Re: o-ring mounting question
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 04:25:26 »
Don't think gummy o-ring is possible. You need cutouts in the PCB for the o-ring to contact the case, which I don't believe the k552 has. The burger o-rings should work fine. Not sure how much you can improve a k552 though.

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 11:23:37 »
i saw a video of someone doing the burger o-ring on k552, so its doable, ill check if there are any cutouts on the pcb for the gummy o-ring mod, anyway the burger mount lifter the pcb and plate a bit but if it will be a problem ill just make the standoffs shorter if its possible

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 22:36:55 »
how did it go? Any pics?

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 01:59:15 »
how did it go? Any pics?
still not done