Author Topic: [GB] DMK x Jaekeyed Relic | July 12 to August 12, 2023  (Read 59290 times)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
[GB] DMK x Jaekeyed Relic | July 12 to August 12, 2023
« on: Tue, 11 July 2023, 11:03:56 »

DOMIKEY x JAEKEYED
RELIC

GB Dates: July 12, 2023 to August 12, 2023
ETA: Early Q12024

VENDORS

US - ClickClack.io
CA - AshKeebs
CN - zFrontier
Global - KPRepublic
EU - Eloquent Clicks
UK - Proto[Typist]
OCE - Keebz N Cables
PH - Jaekeyed
ID - Mechaland.ID
TH - Febust Channel

Hi everyone! Jae here. Here's my second keycapset design after GMK Lazurite.

INSPIRATION

I envisioned Relic to be a keycapset paying homage to the vintage CHERRY MX ABS doubleshot keycaps, in a modern light - past meets present. You may view the gradient as a transition from classic to modern. Due to my fascination with the roots of our hobby, I researched the elements from the past which I can incorporate with the overall aesthetics of Relic, seeking guidance from the CHERRY MX team (at least for the original color codes they used for their OG doubleshots).

SPECIFICATIONS

Profile: Cherry (sculpted, Row 1 to 4)
Material: ABS Plastic
Legend: Double injection molding
Kitting: 6 (six) different kits

KITS

All-in-one ($177)

Domikey offers 'all-in-one' kits for all their keycapsets, which is a combination of all the kits under a keycapset. Relic's kits are: Base, Numpad, Alternate, Icons, Spacebars, and the Relegendables with its 4 (four) different sets of Relegendable Icon sticker packs

Base ($100)

The base kit supports a number of MKB layouts: 60% (Tsangan, HHKB, WKL), 65%, 75%, TKL, Alice, split spacebar, etc.; in Icon-legends modifiers; and includes a total of 8 relegendable keys (in two different colors) which you can substitute with your F-row/R1 keys, or use as macro keys - these relegendable keycaps can be opened up (the cap is detachable) and you can insert any printed paper/sticker as a cool way to design a single keycap legend.

Numpad ($26)

The numpad kit completes your full-sized and 1800 layouts, or your separate numpads.

Alternate ($26)

The alternate kit includes shine-through (LED) keycaps, Icon-Text-legends modifiers, and CHERRY MX logo novelties (which has been officially approved by the brand) to achieve the aesthetic of vintage keycapsets.

Icons ($26)

The icons kit includes newly-tested (by Domikey) icon legend alternative keys for a number of layouts' bottom rows, including basic Mac support (with special R4 1.50u blank 'Command' keycaps for a Tsangan layout).

Relegendables + Sticker Pack ($28)

The relegendables kit includes two types of relegendable keys:

Type 1 - R1-profile base keycap, with the regular transparent top cap
Type 2 - R1-profile transparent shell to cover the base keycap

This kit comes with a total of 4 icon sticker packs (SET A to SET D) with icons you can pinch away using your tweezers, and use as inserts for the relegendable keys. It also comes with 4 different large circular stickers per set that represent the gradient of Relic.

Browse through the image to see all icons included.

More

Relegendable Icons Stickers REAL-LIFE Sample Photos (from Domikey)

More

We (Domikey and I) have already ran a test print for the initial design of the relegendable sticker icons but the one you see above will be the final iteration I designed. If you are new to the community or unfamiliar with the design possibilities of a relegendable keycap, you may watch the video below, showing how to use these stickers:

Spacebars ($15)

*Note: 1.00u and 1.25u keys are R4 blank concave profile keycaps

RELIC ORGANIZER DESKMAT ($25)

SPECIFICATIONS
900mm x 400mm
Rough texture top
Natural rubber-base

I want a functional deskmat, so I changed the original deskmat design into this new one. Whenever I change my keycaps, I always want them organized. People can use this deskmat to arrange their keycaps while building their boards. Since Relic is Cherry inspired, I incorporated the same elements as the previous deskmat design while adding some 'cherry balls'.

More

Relic Deskmat REAL-LIFE Functionality Showcase in Black & White
full set of images HERE

Relic Deskmat REAL-LIFE Sample Photos

More

KEYBOARD RENDERS

More

Vulcan x KBDfans Maja

Neson Design N6 and NICO 01(rendered by Neson Design)

Rooke Design Chapter 1

Kiko's Lab Ellora65 and Hand Engineering x Dalesnail Dalco 959 Mini WK/WKL

More

CherryB Works NEO87

More

BlindAssassin SP-111

CMM.Studio Fuji75 PolyCarb

COLOR VERSATILITY

COLLABORATIONS

Metal Keycaps (Cherry profile height)

Jaekeyed x Zomo Relic Relegendable Metal Keycap ($45)

I designed this collaborative relegendable keycap to serve as a functional metal artisan keycap together with ZOMOPLUS. This keycap can be displayed as it is and you can also put a sticker inside and be viewed from the outside.

Design is explained through my Instagram post.

More

Jaekeyed x Zomo Relic Relegendable Metal Keycap Sample (IRL photos)

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Keycaps

CherryMX Approved!

SPECIFICATIONS

Profile: Cherry
Material: Brass
Finish: PVD Silver

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Esc Key ($66)

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Enter Key ($81)

more images

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap ($53)

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap - Relic Cream Colorway

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap - Relic Black Colorway

Keyboard (Special Edition)

Neson Design 700E x Relic

This is a special collaborative Relic edition I designed with Neson Design of their standard Neson Design 700E, an FRLTKL keyboard with an exploded/isolated spacebar. More info about the collaboration design will be revealed and uploaded before the actual sale.

Raffle Sale for this collaboration keyboard has ENDED and sold through Neson Design and Click Clack’s platforms

As always, I would like to thank everyone who has shown support for Relic. You are awesome! Keeb up MKB community! :thumb:

If you would like to view some of my works (I do renders too and post keeb content), you can check my links here. Thank you! ;D

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2023, 06:54:29 by jaekid »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] DMK x Jaekeyed Relic
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 July 2023, 10:39:44 »
Approved :thumb:

PSA to prospective buyers:
Group Buys are inherently risky endeavors. There is an element of risk involved with collecting payment before the item has been produced and resulting uncertainty during manufacturing / subsequent operations. We urge all GB organizers to consider (and document) these risks, and want to make it clear to all who consider purchasing that these risks are present.

If you are unfamiliar with the Group Buy model, please read this primer - Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

This PSA is new and will become standard on all Group Buys moving forward. It is not posted on this GB in isolation and is not singling this organizer out in particular as someone to be wary of.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] DMK x Jaekeyed Relic | July 12 to August 12, 2023
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 August 2023, 20:44:54 »
Reserved

Offline Reaper235

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 12:40:06 »
is this group buy cancelled? i just got a Refund message out of nowhere from eloquent clicks.

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 13:48:11 »
is this group buy cancelled? i just got a Refund message out of nowhere from eloquent clicks.

AFAIK, DMK has not received payment for the set from Jae. I think DMK set a cutoff date of Jan 15 to receive payment, and if they don't get it then the set is cancelled. Some vendors are going ahead and refunding now since they have not heard anything from Jae while others will wait till the 15th and then do refunds.

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 17:17:43 »

AFAIK, DMK has not received payment for the set from Jae. I think DMK set a cutoff date of Jan 15 to receive payment, and if they don't get it then the set is cancelled. Some vendors are going ahead and refunding now since they have not heard anything from Jae while others will wait till the 15th and then do refunds.

To clarify we're talking about Jae the GB runner rather than Jae of prototypist?

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 23:55:44 »

To clarify we're talking about Jae the GB runner rather than Jae of prototypist?

Yes, Jaekeyed the designer (and possibly lead vendor?). As Jan 15th has passed, and it seems DMK didn't get any response the set looks to be cancelled for good now.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 15:52:28 »
Perhaps KPRepublic will have an update soon.

Their GB status page currently shows Jaekeyed Relic is in the "making" phase - https://kprepublic.com/collections/group-buy

But their most recent Discord comment confirms Jaekeyed is responsible for placing the order with DMK:

Offline keepoto

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 04:55:24 »
PSA: it's dead

(translation: Domikey made multiple attempts to contact the designer (Jae) to no avail. The project cannot be progressed further and will be cancelled. Refunds etc etc)
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2024, 04:57:08 by keepoto »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 16:44:25 »
It's sad news, but thank you very much for sharing this information.