geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

a few noobish questions regarding keycaps and such

(1/2) > >>

woonasty:
Hey guys,

I apologize ahead of time but I couldn't find anything via searching or sensei google.

I'm currently expecting my first filco brown tenkeyless in the mail so I've been looking for keycaps.

I'm in the group buy sub-forum and looking through various threads that have not yet ended; but there are some things I still do not understand.

1.) What does round 2, round 4, etc mean?

2.) Could someone please clear up what a double shot is? I read the wiki but I am still a bit confused.

3.) In some of the original/first posts of group buy threads, they dictate/mention double shot or the color(brown,blue,black,clear,etc) but is there some term I am missing that
would let me know if it works for Cherry MX keyboards like filco, leopold, ducky, etc? Some of the posts mention which boards they will work for, however some of them do not at all, and so I end up being hesitant to buy,
and end up posting a reply asking directly. I figure that this is a pretty important tidbit of information so maybe I was missing out on some terminology/slang.

Sorry again for this being noobish

Thanks in advance!

WN

RiGS:
1.) round 4 means it is the forth round, thus there were 3 similar group buys previously in the past
2.) double shot means the keycap is molded from 2 different pieces(colors) resulting a keycap with a nice contrast
3.) these colors indicate the cherry mx switch type, all of them are compatible with keyboards featuring cherry switches and keycaps unless specified otherwise
The height profile of the keycaps varies based on the manufacturer, read the all about keys wiki for more information

woonasty:
Thank you very much for the reply!

Although; on the 3rd point, I meant that sometimes they don't put any of the color info(and such) at all, in that case, how would one know if the keycap would fit the board?

woonasty:
Thanks ripster, I mean; I kind of understood it, I guess I'm just a little retarded and needed someone to clarify/validate my assumptions.

dorkvader:

--- Quote from: ripster;453347 ---Np.

If you ever figure out Group Key Buy Four let me know.
--- End quote ---
I figured it out: It was pretty easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version