Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1950872 times)

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #800 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 04:07:07 »
It'd be nice if Cyrillic set tipped next tier...
It'd be nice if Mono Legend tipped at all...
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #801 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 04:19:11 »
Just bought moar... cyrililc and 2x Ergodox blanks. I believe you only need one more order of 2 Ergodox blanks to bring it from $15-->$11.  Someone get on that ****tt.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #802 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 05:57:52 »
how are these amazing caps called again that have like a hole covered with transparent material... lets the light of your LEDs shine right through and ****... making your board look uncomprehendably (and I don't care if that word even exists) awesome. Windowed, yes... let's get 4 more of these... or 14.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #803 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:08:19 »
actually they call them lens key methinks. anyway, get a lot of them!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #804 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:03:59 »
It'd be nice if Cyrillic set tipped next tier...
It'd be nice if Mono Legend tipped at all...

mono legend and blank RGB will make me cry if they don't go through.

Offline grandtheftspaceman

« Reply #805 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:42:07 »
Ahhh, how did I not notice this buy until now?! I need to get all up on this!  ;D I've been keen on a set with this profile and font for ages. The problem is I can't decide whether to go with icon or text mods...

I mocked up both options for a full-size board to try and decide. I'm leaning slightly more towards text, what do other people reckon?

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:53:33 by grandtheftspaceman »

Offline mougrim

« Reply #806 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:50:23 »
Ahhh, how did I not notice this buy until now?! I need to get all up on this!  ;D I've been keen on a set with this profile and font for ages. The problem is I can't decide whether to go with icon or text mods...

I mocked up both options for a full-size board to try and decide. I'm leaning slightly more towards text, what do other people reckon?

Show Image

Show Image

Go with icons. They're cool :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #807 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:53:22 »
take both :D

Offline grandtheftspaceman

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:56:04 »

Haha, that is tempting! Then maybe throw in some RGB mods and maybe some Apple keys... Too many things I want and not enough cash! I need to save some money to put towards a new board too... *sigh*

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #809 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 07:57:44 »
then take TEXT that is cheaper and add some extras (nerdom, apple, multimedia, rgb, ...)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #810 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 08:05:43 »

Haha, that is tempting! Then maybe throw in some RGB mods and maybe some Apple keys... Too many things I want and not enough cash! I need to save some money to put towards a new board too... *sigh*

we need more RGB icons, get them...  :)

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #811 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 08:47:03 »
My personal preference is text with icon for shift.

Offline bubuchacha251

« Reply #812 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:15:02 »
placed my order,finaly decide to take text,Icon and RGB  :D

Granite Set (PBT, dye-sub, DSA)
Granite 7u Spacebar   
Granite 6.25u Spacebar   
Granite Text Modifiers   
Granite Numpad   
Granite Blue Enter
Granite Icon RGB   
Granite Icon Modifiers   

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #813 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:16:18 »
good choice!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #814 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:59:50 »
text mods reached 100!!!!

Offline mougrim

« Reply #815 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:38:52 »
Good indeed, sir :)

Well, I'm astonished! +10 orders while I wasn't watching :) Blue Enter and Cyrillic kits both got to the next tier!
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #816 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:41:07 »
Considering the complete lack of interest in the international mono legend (just 1 order) I collected some interest in a different set of legends and the following is the result.

I also contacted the one buyer of the current international mono-legend and he agrees on the change.

So if you are interested, the international mono-legend is from this moment on the one pictured above.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:46:45 »
Considering the complete lack of interest in the international mono legend (just 1 order) I collected some interest in a different set of legends and the following is the result.

Show Image

I also contacted the one buyer of the current international mono-legend and he agrees on the change.

So if you are interested, the international mono-legend is from this moment on the one pictured above.

Is this Silicon Graphics logo?

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #818 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:37:39 »

Show Image

Whoa ! Heading over the pimpmykeyboard.com ...  ;D
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #819 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:39:39 »

Show Image

Is this Silicon Graphics logo?

yes :)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #820 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:44:54 »

Show Image

Whoa ! Heading over the pimpmykeyboard.com ...  ;D

Ordered ! :D
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline wuqe

« Reply #821 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:49:09 »
Yay, space invader dude is BACK!!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #822 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:56:19 »
MEOOOW!

Offline avtar

« Reply #823 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:28:57 »
MEOOOW!

Show Image

I wish I could have just the heart keycap :/ My total for this group buy is already a decent amount.

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #824 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:08:51 »
Please guys, 5 more for rgb icon or iso enter and i will love you forever!!

Offline TBone

« Reply #825 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:17:13 »
MEOOOW!

Show Image

I wish I could have just the heart keycap :/ My total for this group buy is already a decent amount.

I would trade you for the 1.25 FN and Alt Gr keys from the Text Pro Modifiers, and throw in some more from the Nerdom kit if you want.

Edit: Changed my mind, I'm not sure yet!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:35:18 by TBone »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #826 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:21:41 »
MEOOOW!

Show Image

Perhaps someone who ordered the set might not need the heart keycap, so you might see it in the classifieds. As a last resort, you can always buy the set yourself just for the heart keycap and then sell the rest in classifieds.

Offline avtar

« Reply #827 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:29:54 »
I would trade you for the 1.25 FN and Alt Gr keys from the Text Pro Modifiers, and throw in some more from the Nerdom kit if you want.

I didn't get the Text Pro mods :/ I would pay for the heart keycap if you don't plan on using it.

Perhaps someone who ordered the set might not need the heart keycap, so you might see it in the classifieds. As a last resort, you can always buy the set yourself just for the heart keycap and then sell the rest in classifieds.

Yeah I'll keep an eye on the classifieds once this starts to ship.

Offline TBone

« Reply #828 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:34:33 »

I didn't get the Text Pro mods :/ I would pay for the heart keycap if you don't plan on using it.

Yeah I'll keep an eye on the classifieds once this starts to ship.

Haha I'm still deciding! See my edit above... I'll let you know if I figure out what keyboard I will be using. If I put these on a Poker II I would be willing to trade for it  :thumb: I'll pm you when I know! If it goes on a TKL I will most likely be using it then

Offline drozzy

« Reply #829 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 15:56:48 »
Few questions:
1.Which sets do I need to completely cover the WASD V2 87 key?
2. And to replace the CapsLock with Ctrl?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-barebones-mechanical-keyboard.html#ad-image-0

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:02:39 by drozzy »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #830 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:05:08 »
Few questions:

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-barebones-mechanical-keyboard.html#ad-image-0

Thanks.

The WASD 87 is a TKL. It takes the common base set, a modifiers set, either text or icons. And to swap CapsLock with Ctrl you will need the modifiers pro set, again, either text or icons.

Offline TBone

« Reply #831 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:09:51 »
Few questions:

Thanks.

Yes please join! The more the cheaper, plus this will look great on a WASD 87 key!

You would need the "Common Kit", "Text Modifiers" or "Icon Modifiers" (depending on preference), and then the "Text Pro Modifiers" or "Icon Pro Modifiers". With the text option this comes out to $89 right now. The price could drop a little bit too.

Those last two include a 1.5 Control Key, that will take the place of the standard Caps Lock Key, and a 1.25 Caps Lock Key, which will take the place of the bottom left Control Key.

I would also recommend adding some color if you want it to look great. Either the "Blue Enter" or "Text RGB"/"Icon RGB" would look especially good. If you went with the RGB modifiers, you would not have a red Caps Lock Key in the bottom left though. RGB is modeled after Desko RGB, so even though it would look good, it wouldn't be complete - like this set...

And if you went with the Text Pro Modifiers, you would definitely be able to sell/trade some of the left over keys (IMO, I know I will be looking to pick up an FN key and Alt Gr key).
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:12:11 by TBone »

Offline drozzy

« Reply #832 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:28:01 »
Few questions:

Thanks.

Yes please join! The more the cheaper, plus this will look great on a WASD 87 key!

You would need the "Common Kit", "Text Modifiers" or "Icon Modifiers" (depending on preference), and then the "Text Pro Modifiers" or "Icon Pro Modifiers". With the text option this comes out to $89 right now. The price could drop a little bit too.

Those last two include a 1.5 Control Key, that will take the place of the standard Caps Lock Key, and a 1.25 Caps Lock Key, which will take the place of the bottom left Control Key.

I would also recommend adding some color if you want it to look great. Either the "Blue Enter" or "Text RGB"/"Icon RGB" would look especially good. If you went with the RGB modifiers, you would not have a red Caps Lock Key in the bottom left though. RGB is modeled after Desko RGB, so even though it would look good, it wouldn't be complete - like this set...
Show Image

And if you went with the Text Pro Modifiers, you would definitely be able to sell/trade some of the left over keys (IMO, I know I will be looking to pick up an FN key and Alt Gr key).

I am a little hesitant about the font... is this a standard typeface, and does it look good in reality? Not a fan of iconography, so if anything, I will go 100% text.

Offline drozzy

« Reply #833 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:31:25 »
The Ukrainian set looks great though. I assume I can get that instead of the core set? (Will that fit 87 or do I need a bigger board?)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #834 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:33:44 »
The Ukrainian set looks great though. I assume I can get that instead of the core set? (Will that fit 87 or do I need a bigger board?)

The Ciryllic set requires the base set. Just a heads up.

Offline avtar

« Reply #835 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:34:27 »
I am a little hesitant about the font... is this a standard typeface, and does it look good in reality? Not a fan of iconography, so if anything, I will go 100% text.

I think it should look like this in real life.

Matt3o, how feasible would it be to use these on a HHKB if your Topre/MX stems get mass produced somehow? Would it be possible to get 6u ABS spacebars with this same profile and colour?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #836 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:39:34 »

I think it should look like this in real life.

Matt3o, how feasible would it be to use these on a HHKB if your Topre/MX stems get mass produced somehow? Would it be possible to get 6u ABS spacebars with this same profile and colour?

Granite set is PBT sublimated, we do not use the standard font that SP uses for double shot (even though admittedly it's similar). The font we use is called Gotham Rounded Light. Which is a really great font. The renders in the first page are pretty close to the real thing.

6u ABS would be doable, but color match between ABS and PBT is always a bit problematic.

Offline drozzy

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:39:55 »
Just curious why windows key (win 8 icon style for example) is not included? Seems like mac is there.

Offline drozzy

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:44:23 »
One more question: if I order a set now, and then end up liking it, will I be able to get another order in the future for a 2nd keyboard?
Or is this a one-time thing?

Offline avtar

« Reply #839 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:46:32 »
6u ABS would be doable, but color match between ABS and PBT is always a bit problematic.

Okay that sounds promising. It would be better if the colours could be the same but as long as they're close enough.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #840 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:51:22 »
Just curious why windows key (win 8 icon style for example) is not included? Seems like mac is there.

there's not "Apple" logo nor "Windows" logo. That's an "annoying" aspect of all my GBs :) you won't never see win (or apple) keys on them.

Okay that sounds promising. It would be better if the colours could be the same but as long as they're close enough.

yeah, your know being pure gray we could go pretty close.

One more question: if I order a set now, and then end up liking it, will I be able to get another order in the future for a 2nd keyboard?
Or is this a one-time thing?

As of now there are no plans for a second round.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #841 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:15:19 »

Which is how my order spiraled completely out of control as I kept adding sets I just "had" to have! I need a second job  :))
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #842 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 21:40:12 »

Which is how my order spiraled completely out of control as I kept adding sets I just "had" to have! I need a second job  :))

That is exactly how my order spiralled into enough for two 110% with any variation of modifiers or a 110% and egdx.

I got a second job for geekhack.
I'll leave it to you to figure out which part of that sentence is a lie.

edit: clicked my siggy once to check on this thread. SORRY [I know you're watching]

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #843 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 21:42:31 »

That is exactly how my order spiralled into enough for two 110% with any variation of modifiers or a 110% and egdx.

I got a second job for geekhack.
I'll leave it to you to figure out which part of that sentence is a lie.

edit: clicked my siggy once to check on this thread. SORRY [I know you're watching]
"I'll leave it to you to figure out which part of that sentence is a lie." is the lie -- As they're both true.  ;)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #844 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:21:52 »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #845 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:28:29 »
Last 2 days!

10 more orders and we hit 200 tier with the common kit!

I need 4 more ISO Enters or the keycap monster will come after you and will break all your stems. And by stems I mean testicles.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #846 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:44:46 »
Just two more Mono-Legend...

I need 4 more ISO Enters or the keycap monster will come after you and will break all your stems. And by stems I mean testicles.
B-but I don't even use ISO...
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:55:48 by StylinGreymon »

Offline tbc

« Reply #847 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:46:57 »
PLEASE 4 more windowed keycaps so we all save 10
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #848 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 03:03:25 »
I imagine the two people who ordered the blank base sets are slightly peeved...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #849 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 04:00:32 »
I imagine the two people who ordered the blank base sets are slightly peeved...

LoL.  I imagine so.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More