Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1950845 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #1600 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 04:35:01 »
yes, it now reads "PGDN" (not "PG DN" or "PAGE DOWN")

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1601 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 06:44:43 »
Hoping to see another run of this group buy. A little sad that I didn't find this website/forum until after this buy was all said and done.

I felt the same way when joining this website.
I'm still choked I missed out on longeweights alus back in February... [was EU shipping only anyway]

I'm kinda cheesed about the Amiga A's going red at the last minute but I understand the Cherry connection on the A2000? i think, so meh I'll survive, it looks great.

Also perhaps not the best place but just putting it out there -

Any of you 20 people out there who ordered the mono-legend international kit, If you want to trade your space invader cap for almost anything in the Nerdom kit, I'd appreciate your PM. I would have bought it for that cap alone had I realised, but it's too late now... Or if anyone from SP is paying attention, you can slip one in my order, i won't mind :P

I also feel that way about the SI key. I'm very sad now I didn't order nerdom either.

The yellow is superb - there is no other way of saying it.

Thank you again for including these :D

The orange is a bonus :)

LOVING THE ORANGE, and that yellow is very bright, fantastic.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1602 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:54:56 »
served

Show Image

Show Image

That blue enter!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1603 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 07:55:39 »
I wish I got the Text RGB kit. I only have the Icon RGB kit.

Let me know if anyone is willing to trade or sell their Text RGB kit.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1604 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 08:06:46 »
Oh. My. Gosh. This Cyrillic kit is amazing! Can't wait to see it on my Poker :)

P.S. AND it will be neighbor to blue Enter ;)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline ZeeKay

« Reply #1605 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 12:00:41 »
I was tempted to get the Cyrillic kit. I'm now depressed that I didn't.

Again, I'd like to thank Matt3o for this. This is a great set with an amazing attention to detail.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1606 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 12:50:27 »
I just get more and more excited with every photo... when these finally arrive I'm going to spread all my keys out in a giant pile and just roll around in them for a bit  :p
CANNOT WAIT FOR MY UNICORN VOMIT! :D :D :D :D

so i was too impatient and did my own mockup (only used copy/paste in paint, so please excuse the crappy quality). i present to you

THE DSA PBT UNICORN VOMIT!

Show Image

Skuko - totally going for this layout, might even put on the Cryillic alphas for complete unicorn vomit overload!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1607 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 12:52:14 »
I just get more and more excited with every photo... when these finally arrive I'm going to spread all my keys out in a giant pile and just roll around in them for a bit  :p

I would like to see that gif.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1608 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 12:57:35 »

KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1609 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 15:28:42 »
I was tempted to get the Cyrillic kit. I'm now depressed that I didn't.

Again, I'd like to thank Matt3o for this. This is a great set with an amazing attention to detail.

Don't be depressed - keep telling yourself that you didn't really needed it ;)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1610 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 16:02:29 »

Offline drak3

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1612 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 19:55:04 »
Show Image

Show Image

What is this?

Breaking Bad.

That is Saul Goodman's personal bodyguard, Huell Babineaux which certainly lives up to the mantra as a personal shield to block any stray bullets coming Saul's way  ;D .

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #1613 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 20:37:12 »
Hoping to see another run of this group buy. A little sad that I didn't find this website/forum until after this buy was all said and done.

Matt is saying that there will not be a round2 of this set unfortunately.

I do know what you mean though. When I first signed up there were 2 or 3 group buys starting to ship out that I would have loved to been in on.
Luckily Feng had a decent selection of IMSTO PBT sets on his eBay store, and I just started buying those. Which is why now I'm mostly addicted to Cherry PBT keycaps.

Although DSA is not for everyone, and there might be a few sets turning up in classifieds once people realise this.

I will hope beyond hope.

If anyone is having buyer's remorse, hit me up :P I'll keep a sharp eye on the classifieds, though, once the set ships.
Poker II

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1614 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 21:27:35 »

Matt is saying that there will not be a round2 of this set unfortunately.

I do know what you mean though. When I first signed up there were 2 or 3 group buys starting to ship out that I would have loved to been in on.
Luckily Feng had a decent selection of IMSTO PBT sets on his eBay store, and I just started buying those. Which is why now I'm mostly addicted to Cherry PBT keycaps.

Although DSA is not for everyone, and there might be a few sets turning up in classifieds once people realise this.

I will hope beyond hope.

If anyone is having buyer's remorse, hit me up :p I'll keep a sharp eye on the classifieds, though, once the set ships.

Good luck on your hopes for someone feeling remorse for buying one of the best DSA keycap set ever. I think that even if someone dislikes the DSA shape for personal use, after first trial, she would keep it as a collector's item. Unless she were not a GH at all ;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1615 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 21:28:42 »
Sorry for the spam. I repeated the post by mistake.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1616 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 22:43:31 »

Just say you were using Tapatalk - that's what everyone else does :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1617 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:24:48 »

I don't even know what Tapatalk is? LOL.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1618 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:32:06 »

Its a mobile app that makes browsing geekhack easier than the website...  If you use GH on your phone or tablet, use Tapatalk...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1619 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:43:22 »

Its a mobile app that makes double-posting on geekhack easier than the website...  If you use GH on your phone or tablet, use Tapatalk...

FTFY :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1620 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 08:29:37 »

Its a mobile app that makes double-posting on geekhack easier than the website...  If you use GH on your phone or tablet, use Tapatalk...

FTFY :))

Ahh, well I do not use my mobile for internet surfing really, only if it is really needed though. But thank you for the tip. My browser, MFF, seems to double post as easier as that. LOL.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1621 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 14:45:07 »
Just built my Ergodox, and man, I could really use the Granite + Ergodox kit right now WITH LEGENDS. Using the blank keycaps right now and it's like learning to type all over again.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline drak3

« Reply #1622 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 15:58:02 »
Just built my Ergodox, and man, I could really use the Granite + Ergodox kit right now WITH LEGENDS. Using the blank keycaps right now and it's like learning to type all over again.

just built mine, and i'm stoked for mine, as well

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #1623 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 01:34:43 »
we picked them from a document I can't find right now. they are pretty standard apart from FN, alt gr and pause/break

Was doing some research and stumbled across this, thought someone may find it interesting :)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1624 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 01:42:26 »
thanks for sharing!

The doc we used is not that but the legends are pretty much the same. Like I said: pretty standard stuff with very few exceptions.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1625 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 01:58:08 »
This document may be useful :) I propose to send it to SP ;)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1626 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:03:53 »
Matt,

Has SP given you any estimates on how long it will take them to correct the the few caps you are having changed?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1627 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:13:59 »
mass production has started.

All legends have been reviewed apart from the international kits.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1628 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:38:11 »
That's great :) If i understood correctly - cyrillic kit was already reviewed? ;)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1629 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:39:23 »
mass production has started.

All legends have been reviewed apart from the international kits.

Great news  :)

Can't wait to get them on my Filco.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1630 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:45:03 »
That's great :) If i understood correctly - cyrillic kit was already reviewed? ;)

yes the cyrillic kit is fine and really nice. I believe I published a picture few posts ago.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1631 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:47:27 »

yes the cyrillic kit is fine and really nice. I believe I published a picture few posts ago.

Yep, I saw it. It was great, truly great - this nice and clean print, colors... ;)

And as I don't have any international kits in my order, I could get it slightly earlier ;)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1632 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 05:00:43 »

Yep, I saw it. It was great, truly great - this nice and clean print, colors... ;)

And as I don't have any international kits in my order, I could get it slightly earlier ;)

nope, sorry, AFAIK all orders will be shipped together.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1633 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 06:50:32 »

nope, sorry, AFAIK all orders will be shipped together.

SP said they will be shipping them as they come off the press, so some people will get there orders before others. That was in an email.

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1634 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 08:39:33 »
How will they be calculating who they will ship to first?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1635 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 08:42:22 »

They will ship my order first of course.  :p

Offline osi

« Reply #1636 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 08:49:49 »
Can't wait! I only ordered a 10 key set and a spacebar but now regretting I didn't throw in some blue enters as that color looks fantastic from the pics. :o

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1637 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 08:50:06 »

I think it is based on which orders are ready based on the order things are produced.

So if you only bought what was produced first, your order will go out first.

If you bought lots of different options, your order will not ship till the last component is produced.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1638 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 08:56:52 »

I think it is based on which orders are ready based on the order things are produced.

So if you only bought what was produced first, your order will go out first.

If you bought lots of different options, your order will not ship till the last component is produced.

FIFO inventory control, as simple as that. But the question relates more with certain intentional order they may need for logistics purposes. I do not think they may put the orders together until they have the entire lot finished.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1639 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 09:24:43 »
Last time I checked SP plan was to run the base set as last one, so I believe they will be shipping everything together. This might have changed recently of course, but it would be the first time SP ships orders separately.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1640 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 10:03:07 »
Not sure if anyone already posted the email update but this is what I received

Quote from: Melissa Petersen Signature Plastics LLC Mon 6/02/14 6:31 PM

Granite UPDATE!!
I know I am full of excuses and I really must thank you all for being so patient with us on this group buy! To start off, this is the first time we are actually using the DSA Sublimation fixture, which means that while it is ready for use, there was still some tweaking that needed to be done. We had to print, measure, adjust, print, measure, adjust, and so on... I HOPE to have all the sets to Matteo to approve by tomorrow, which means we can actually begin full scale production. We plan to be shipping full orders as they are complete and coming off the press line, so please be patient if someone says theirs has shipped and you haven't heard yet. We will get everyone's order out as soon as possible.

We have also sent out all of the international invoices - if you haven't received yours, make sure to check your spam folder. We will be shipping to the addresses listed on the invoices, so if you notice any discrepancies or have moved since your purchase please let us know.

Thanks again for your continued patience!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 June 2014, 10:41:29 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1641 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 10:34:36 »
I don't know if this is prior the email I got from Melissa. Anyway, yesterday she said mass production has started for the sets that have been reviewed. So we will soon find out.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1642 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 11:15:13 »
I don't know if this is prior the email I got from Melissa. Anyway, yesterday she said mass production has started for the sets that have been reviewed. So we will soon find out.

Ya, it is not entirely clear, but my previous post was in reference to the quote that SpamRay posted.  Basically, expect that some people will get their orders before others. 

I think this is due to their new website and order management system.  With the new system they can probably put the keys that are finished into the inventory on the site and it will probably tell them which orders are ready to be shipped.  If this is the case they will probably try to streamline the whole process by shipping orders as they have all the components for them so they do not get a backlog of shipping at the end of the run.  From a production and shipping logistics perspective it would probably be more efficient if they can start to ship during the production so they don't end up with a mass of shipping to be done at the end.

I have no idea how it actually works, I am just making some assumptions as the owner of a company that manufactures products and ships them.  Don't take my assumptions as law...  :P

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #1643 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 13:55:36 »
Is it possible to get one?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1644 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 13:57:40 »

Maybe in the classifieds if someone decides to sell theirs.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1645 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 13:58:23 »

No unless you were already in the GB. Wait to see if any is available at the classifieds after they were shipped and delivered. Some new to DSA profile may dislike it and maybe resell their sets.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1646 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 19:18:50 »

I bet they're glad to have a huge well-run GB like this after the fiasco that was Dolch DSA!

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #1647 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 01:17:33 »

If you can beat me to it.
WTB ALL YOUR GRANITE

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1648 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 11:02:19 »

WTB ALL YOUR GRANITE

Yeah sure... :D

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #1649 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 01:27:17 »

WTB ALL YOUR GRANITE

Yeah sure... :D

RACE YOU FOR THE TASTE OF HONEY AND NUTS!