Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1950884 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #2150 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 02:02:23 »
I have no fire arms.

I could wave a Model M at them ;)

Or my nunchaku, but that is a different story.

Anyway, everyone can relax, package has arrived :) :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2151 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 02:28:50 »
Mine's still somewhere in between US & Canada border...  :'(
Hoping for a miracle delivery tomorrow~
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2152 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 03:30:49 »
I have no fire arms.

Nah, I want to see someone get dink'd with a model m...  ;D
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2153 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 03:49:10 »
These are fantastic!  All accounted for.

Thank you again to Matt for arranging this - all the time spent reviewing and tweaking legends has definitely paid off!

69844-0

69846-1

69848-2

69850-3

69852-4
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2154 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:14:37 »
I have no fire arms.

Damn, I've got 3 registered firearms in my possession.  Although Little Howie tried his best to disarm me many years ago, there are easy ways to stop that from ever happening even here in Convict Town  :thumb: .

Never let any arsehole government take away your freedom, even if it's here.

Good your package has arrived and you have everything you had paid for.  So now we want to see some decent keyboards filled with these new works of art  ;D .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2155 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:48:19 »
Damn, I've got 3 registered firearms in my possession.  Although Little Howie tried his best to disarm me many years ago, there are easy ways to stop that from ever happening even here in Convict Town  :thumb: .

Never let any arsehole government take away your freedom, even if it's here.

Good your package has arrived and you have everything you had paid for.  So now we want to see some decent keyboards filled with these new works of art  ;D .

There is really only one complete set, but two modifiers, lost+found and nerdom, basically.

The set was going to be destined for my QFS MX green i use at work, and it is on my QFR MX black at home this weekend so I can see how they feel, being the first DSA set I have tried.

So far so good - the PBT texture feels great, the flat profile doesn't seem to bother me at all.

Offline hsu

« Reply #2156 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 06:27:26 »
DSA first timers: do you like it?

Offline osi

« Reply #2157 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 06:31:12 »

I just have DSA on my keypad. Still getting used to it after a week

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2158 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 06:37:14 »

Yes!  So far so good, no problems typing (no more than usual LOL), easily legible legends.

I have noticed a bit of uneven spacing - the gap between K and L, for example, is much wider than elsewhere on the keyboard.  The 3# seems to be slightly closer to the space bar than the rest of the number row.  Nothing that glaring, nothing rubbing against anything else, but for the perfectionist or OCD sufferer it might be noticable.

Offline bianco

« Reply #2159 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 06:39:39 »
These are fantastic!  All accounted for.

Thank you again to Matt for arranging this - all the time spent reviewing and tweaking legends has definitely paid off!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

that looks awesome. congrats rowdy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2160 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 07:03:16 »
I have noticed a bit of uneven spacing - the gap between K and L, for example, is much wider than elsewhere on the keyboard.  The 3# seems to be slightly closer to the space bar than the rest of the number row.  Nothing that glaring, nothing rubbing against anything else, but for the perfectionist or OCD sufferer it might be noticable.

I thought they would do their best to not deform the DSA's when re-heating them.  So much for that, looks like I see these already heading into the Classifieds  ::) .

Offline mlng

« Reply #2161 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 09:49:23 »
It's on my board now and I gotta say it looks fantastic.   The photos don't do it justice  :thumb:

69870-0

http://imgur.com/a/ywCQR

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2162 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 10:04:37 »
I have no fire arms.

W00t. Thats exciting. :)

Offline xqz

« Reply #2163 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 10:04:49 »
Pictures look awesome. Very sad I just heard about this set.

Would love to take a set off someone who doesn't want theirs.. Or I can take a spacebar off someone as well

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2164 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 10:56:51 »

I thought they would do their best to not deform the DSA's when re-heating them.  So much for that, looks like I see these already heading into the Classifieds  ::) .

Meaning that you are gonna sell yours? There is great interest around GH on this set.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2165 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 11:19:06 »

Meaning that you are gonna sell yours? There is great interest around GH on this set.

I'm still looking for any granite I can get my hands on.
Namely common kit, mods, icon mods pro, nerdom, any Space Invaders keys I can get.
Will consider everything else!

In regards to the spacings. I've noticed the on all my DSA sets. It's extremely noticeable if you shine back lights beneath them, you can see the warp on the sides of some keys.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2166 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 12:12:20 »
This must be the fastest turn around time ever, Im jelly. ;o

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2167 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 12:30:56 »
If anyone wants to unload their granite set I'll buy it! I don't mind some warping  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2168 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:25:27 »

I'm still looking for any granite I can get my hands on.
Namely common kit, mods, icon mods pro, nerdom, any Space Invaders keys I can get.
Will consider everything else!

In regards to the spacings. I've noticed the on all my DSA sets. It's extremely noticeable if you shine back lights beneath them, you can see the warp on the sides of some keys.

I do not really care about spacing, of course any opinion is respectable. I was just surprised that someone may give up her set just because of a detail like that.

Offline eMps

« Reply #2169 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:54:57 »
I got my package a few days ago. The keys look fantastic, and the sound made by the space bar is simply AMAZING (MX blue, Filco MJ2 TKL)!

It's my first DSA set, and I'm really liking it so far :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:58:36 by eMps »
Colemak since Jan. 10, 2011

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #2170 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:09:21 »
Set up another board, a CMS QF XT:

I was noticing the legends on the Cyrillic set looked rather grey than black so I took a closer look:

(First picture in hi-res here)

I'm wondering if this is a bad set (and I have to contact SP for a replacement) or if it's an inherent problem w/ the process -- if you own a Cyrillic set, does it look the same or is your printing up to par w/ the other sets ?
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2171 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:29:32 »
Set up another board, a CMS QF XT:

Show Image
Show Image

I was noticing the legends on the Cyrillic set looked rather grey than black so I took a closer look:

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I'm wondering if this is a bad set (and I have to contact SP for a replacement) or if it's an inherent problem w/ the process -- if you own a Cyrillic set, does it look the same or is your printing up to par w/ the other sets ?

My Cyrillic set is not as sharp as the base set... the 'B' 'H' & 'O' keys most noticeably show the same kind of slight fade towards the top of the legend - I'll try to take some example photos if I get a chance today or tomorrow. IMO it is not very noticeable unless looking *very* closely in person, or if comparing both key sets side by side. Maybe this was the slight issue SP ran into during production? (I remember hearing something about a potential snag with Cyrillic).

There are also keys that are slightly warped; if you look at my photo* the spacing between keys is not perfectly consistent, especially around the 'F' key on the Poker II & the 'E' key on the Rosewill. None of these tiny defects bother me really and I still think the set looks amazing, but if you are the type that can't stop seeing little defects once you've noticed them it might make you crazy. Good for those that want to pick some up on the classifieds I guess  :p

edit: p.s. really cool chair you've got!
doubt edit: just realized my O key was on sideways thanks to your photos, lmao - DSA so sneaky!
More
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:33:05 by MythicalWagyu »
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2172 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:38:10 »
#lookingToPickSomeUp

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #2173 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:42:07 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Yikes, that's no good...
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2174 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:37:06 »
My Cyrillic set is not as sharp as the base set... the 'B' 'H' & 'O' keys most noticeably show the same kind of slight fade towards the top of the legend - I'll try to take some example photos if I get a chance today or tomorrow. IMO it is not very noticeable unless looking *very* closely in person, or if comparing both key sets side by side.

I was scrutinizing your picture very closely, as far as I can tell your set looks a lot better. It's very noticeable on mine. :/

There are also keys that are slightly warped; if you look at my photo* the spacing between keys is not perfectly consistent, especially around the 'F' key on the Poker II & the 'E' key on the Rosewill. None of these tiny defects bother me really and I still think the set looks amazing, but if you are the type that can't stop seeing little defects once you've noticed them it might make you crazy. Good for those that want to pick some up on the classifieds I guess  :p

I agree, the sets are amazing. The warping is to be expected, doesn't bother me :) Very noticeable on my QFR:

One could paint the backplate white to mask the warpage I presume. ;)

edit: p.s. really cool chair you've got!
doubt edit: just realized my O key was on sideways thanks to your photos, lmao - DSA so sneaky!
More
Show Image

Hehe, I just swapped three keys to comply w/ the russian layout after looking it up :) Also started w/ the ESC key pointing to the upper right (to make it different from the home key), just didn't look right.

I did relay the chair comment to Mrs. Grendel, she it the one responsible for painting it. Her response was "Of course it is !" ;) In its full glory:

I did move the red arrow cluster to the QFXT BTW, looked too busy on the QFR w/ the yellow and orange keys in that area IMHO.

- I'm game !

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #2175 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:43:17 »
I can't stop taking pictures!

I like Granite best with just a hint of color.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2176 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:57:32 »
I believe you guys need to push those caps a little deeper into the stem

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2177 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 17:05:39 »
Not me, they all sit as far as they go.
- I'm game !

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #2178 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 17:19:10 »
Just got my set this morning. Looks fantastic on my poker 2. Can't wait to receive lightsaver and put all the caps on ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2179 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 19:38:01 »
I just got my package today, and I have never received the shipping notice, I want to share it just in case someone is still waiting for the notice, you may get your set first, with no notice at all.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2180 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 19:38:24 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Yikes, that's no good...
NOOOOOOOOOOO, this kit was the reason I ordered this...  :'(
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2181 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 20:56:40 »

It seems to me that the gap between J and K is less than the average spacing, and between K and L is greater, suggesting that the stem on the K is very slightly off centre.  I had a look, but the different is so small that I'd need some precision measuring device to make sure.

The keycaps are pressed all the way down, btw, on MX blacks, so there shouldn't be any extra little bumps to inhibit keycap placement.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2182 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 22:53:51 »
Has anybody from Germany got the set yet? I am not really afraid something is wrong yet, but since guys from Australia already got their sets I am kinda curious ;)

I never got a shipping notice, but that seems to be mean nothing. I had a rather big order with the international kit among others...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2183 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 00:25:29 »
Has anybody from Germany got the set yet? I am not really afraid something is wrong yet, but since guys from Australia already got their sets I am kinda curious ;)

I never got a shipping notice, but that seems to be mean nothing. I had a rather big order with the international kit among others...

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56354.msg1367500#msg1367500

Slight delay with sets including the international kit - nothing to worry about yet, I would think.

Offline xmc

« Reply #2184 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 01:57:28 »
I got a sachet of extra keys in place of my mono legends.  Some of these aren't part of any set in particular, so far as I can tell.  Does anyone have some insight into where these came from?

69933-0

For the image impaired:
SGI Logo
Space Invader
Duck
Lowercase Alpha
Lowercase Beta
Lowercase Lambda
Lowercase Mu
Lowercase Omega
Infinity
Guillemets
A grave
C cedilla
E acute
E grave
E circumflex
1x1 ENTER
Long dash
Euro symbol
Small ring
Section mark
Courier-font lowercase L ?
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:04:43 by xmc »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2185 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:01:14 »
I got a sachet of extra keys in place of my mono legends.  Some of these aren't part of any set in particular, so far as I can tell.  Does anyone have some insight into where these came from?

(Attachment Link)

Looks like Granite International Mono Legend.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2186 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:04:06 »
Regarding orders with international kits.

I believe orders with international kits will be processed last.

Regarding the Cyrillic set and sublimation in general.

It seems that the only way to have a very sharp and dark legend is by placing the legend straight in the middle. Legends that are near the edges might come out a little "blurry". This is something I didn't know and SP never mentioned.

Also, my Cyrillic set actually came out pretty well (not as bad as the pictures above at least), so I believe it's just a set up problem. Some kits might come up worse than others based on how well the sheet wrapped the keycaps during sublimation. In fact my kitty cap (the closest to the margin of the legends) is pretty much perfect, meaning that it mostly depends on the skill of the machinist.

Now, please note that a little color variation or blurriness is understand and should be considered within the error margin of the technology. If you feel that you received a flawed kit, send the pictures to SP and ask if the your set is within acceptable margin. Don't be and áss when asking, kindness will be awarded.

Regarding bent/warped keys.

DSA PBT is very well know to be less "flush" than ABS, there are a lot of pictures around of blank PBT DSA kits. Sublimated kits have to be heated again to print the legend, so warping is even more likely to happen. Again a little shape variation is understood. I prefer a set that is slightly warped to one that shines after 2 months of usage.

I don't think the stem could come out off center or at least it would be very difficult. It is more likely that it is just bent on a side.

Little imperfections can be actually fixed with a heat blower (I'm not sure a hair dryer is enough) and lot of patience. I'm not sure anyone can do it at home. If you look at my pictures none of the sets I have are noticeably (or unbearably) distorted, but if you fell that some of your keys are really too warped --again-- take a picture and ask SP if the error is within margin.

If you want an opinion before asking SP, send a picture of the culprit together with an OK cap here on the forum.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:08:44 by Matt3o »

Offline xmc

« Reply #2187 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:07:12 »

(Attachment Link)

Gosh, I'm such a doof.  Thanks!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2188 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:10:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Gosh, I'm such a doof.  Thanks!

If SP sent you the wrong kit, contact them, I'm pretty sure they will rectify.

If you took the wrong kit, send a message here, being an international kit you may have more luck on DT.

Offline jlor

« Reply #2189 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 03:01:01 »
Regarding orders with international kits.

I believe orders with international kits will be processed last.

I got this message from Melissa the 25th of June:
No, the international sets will not cause a delay in the order, they are being printed today and we are still printing many of the 'common' kits to fill orders.

International sets will have blue legends as illustrated in the picture on our website.

I hope this helps!

Melissa Petersen

Signature Plastics LLC

But I have not seen any pictures of intl sets yet, so I am inclined to believe you may be right and Melissa just .. Well lied is a harsh word.. But then again I'm not impressed with SPs communication skill.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2190 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 03:25:33 »
no lies, they won't be "delayed", they will be processed last :) as of now I haven't seen any intl kit (I did not have them either) so I'm inclined to think that this is the case.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #2191 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:32:58 »
Don't give up hope

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2192 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:38:52 »
cool! intl kits on the run!

Offline jlor

« Reply #2193 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:41:24 »
Don't give up hope
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks good! :-) But the blue, how close of a match would you judge it to be to the BCT one here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_PBT_colours

It looks very light blue in the picture, in fact it looks closer to BDO.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2194 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:56:30 »
blue is light blue for a reason (it doesn't necessarily match the blue enter)

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #2195 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:05:51 »
You can't really match a dye on one plastic color to the color of another plastic, these aren't doublshot :-P

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2196 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:10:16 »
it's more of an UX concern, but yes, it's very hard to match the PBT color.

Offline jlor

« Reply #2197 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:19:00 »
You can't really match a dye on one plastic color to the color of another plastic, these aren't doublshot :-P

I guess I'm just trying to come to terms with the fact that I can't count on any of the colours mentioned being the right ones. But the shades are somewhat like what was advertised.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2198 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:35:48 »

I guess I'm just trying to come to terms with the fact that I can't count on any of the colours mentioned being the right ones. But the shades are somewhat like what was advertised.

I really don't understand what you mean. The PBT color codes are fixed.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2199 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 09:02:08 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56354.msg1367500#msg1367500

Slight delay with sets including the international kit - nothing to worry about yet, I would think.

I have an international kit ordered, and already got shipping information on 26th of June! I have not received my package yet, but Austrian customs is maybe the slowest one...
... ...