Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1950898 times)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #2500 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 14:42:36 »
I mean this,

Was JUST about to post that.
I imagine for egdx? Not sure where it would go in that layout.

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #2501 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:02:20 »
That enter key is from the mono-legend international set. Guess he decided to put it there ? ;)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2502 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:17:51 »
@Grendel Non-alphas should be homogenously dark grey, don’t you agree? There are exceptions, spacebar for example, I can live with that. And there is this weird exception with the keys f5 f6 f7 f8 in light grey due to some historic reasons, however, you can replace them by dark grey ones available in the lost and found. A light grey 1u enter doesn’t fit in this color logic, too.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:19:29 by Eszett »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2503 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:19:22 »
I've been contacted by massdrop... curious to see where this is heading us

So how do you feel about this? Are you considering selling your design?

I thought you labeled this as a one time set? I think this exclusivity was one of the draws that led to the major success of thiss GB.

It would have a bitter aftertaste if the Geekhack community got these sets with little flaws and now random guys could buy the fixed sets via Massdrop...

But it's your decision of course  :thumb:

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #2504 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:30:35 »
@Grendel Non-alphas should be homogenously dark grey, don’t you agree? There are exceptions, spacebar for example, I can live with that. And there is this weird exception with the keys f5 f6 f7 f8 in light grey due to some historic reasons, however, you can replace them by dark grey ones available in the lost and found. A light grey 1u enter doesn’t fit in this color logic, too.

Personally I've always hated the two tone function row and love buys that offer alternate colors for them.

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2505 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 15:50:09 »

It's whatever floats your boat -- there is not objective color logic, it's totally subjective. Personally I like the lighter Enter. If you don't, don't use it.

It would have a bitter aftertaste if the Geekhack community got these sets with little flaws and now random guys could buy the fixed sets via Massdrop...

I wouldn't mind if R2 happens on MD, would still buy some more. We most likely paid less than what these would go for on MD and we can get fixed sets from SP for free. You can too.  ;)

--
Mann, erinnert mich and die Gründe warum ich in ausgewandert bin.  ;D
- I'm game !

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2506 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:56:06 »
Re Massdrop: it turned out that they can actually have nice pricing. They will let me know their tiers for Granite and see if this is feasible.

Re exclusivity: I don't like round 2s. I don't want people to think that there will be a round 2 for every GB I organize. That being said there's such a huge demand for Granite that I might make an exception, at the end it's a service for the community and if the community wants it, I can't deny it.

Round 2 will be slightly different so who got round 1 will still have some exclusive keys and also get a chance to get more keys. Also there won't be Cyrillic but maybe Japanese or Korean instead.

Re 1u enter key: It should have been dark gray. I don't remember why it ended up light gray sincerely. Probably because I replaced a key that previously was light gray.

Offline pasph

« Reply #2507 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:00:53 »
In R2 there will be international kits?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2508 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:17:16 »

yes, but probably some language will be dropped.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #2509 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:31:02 »
3u PBT "spacebar", 2u+1u shift?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2510 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:40:14 »
Re Massdrop: it turned out that they can actually have nice pricing. They will let me know their tiers for Granite and see if this is feasible.

Re exclusivity: I don't like round 2s. I don't want people to think that there will be a round 2 for every GB I organize. That being said there's such a huge demand for Granite that I might make an exception, at the end it's a service for the community and if the community wants it, I can't deny it.

Round 2 will be slightly different so who got round 1 will still have some exclusive keys and also get a chance to get more keys. Also there won't be Cyrillic but maybe Japanese or Korean instead.

Re 1u enter key: It should have been dark gray. I don't remember why it ended up light gray sincerely. Probably because I replaced a key that previously was light gray.

Based on the more recent comments it seems that this thread is turning into an IC one. Time for a new IC thread? Maybe not yet...

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #2511 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:35:43 »
Not a fan of another middle man being introduced into this whole process. If 400 people on Massdrop want to buy granite why can't they do so via PMK like everyone else? It keeps control in Matt and Melissa's hands rather than possible power struggle with a 3rd party. Their money goes right to the manufacturer rather than having a middle man skim profits and increase even more lag time into the process. Can't imagine the introduced hassle for people who had issues with their order as well. The process works as is, I think it does a disservice to this community, Signature Plastics, and even you Matt to have the next run go through Massdrop.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2512 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:48:41 »
Thanks, matt3o! Maybe I can mcguyver it bye dying it reddish.

Offline tbc

« Reply #2513 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:02:23 »

Personally I've always hated the two tone function row and love buys that offer alternate colors for them.

yes!!!!

you are back on my keyboard will ;)
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tbc

« Reply #2514 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:04:19 »
Not a fan of another middle man being introduced into this whole process. If 400 people on Massdrop want to buy granite why can't they do so via PMK like everyone else? It keeps control in Matt and Melissa's hands rather than possible power struggle with a 3rd party. Their money goes right to the manufacturer rather than having a middle man skim profits and increase even more lag time into the process. Can't imagine the introduced hassle for people who had issues with their order as well. The process works as is, I think it does a disservice to this community, Signature Plastics, and even you Matt to have the next run go through Massdrop.

it would give SP an out, as in, they're technically not required to offer customer support and neither is massdrop.

it makes sense AFTER doing this test run with the first buy.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2515 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:37:39 »
Posted a short review of this set on my website. Here it is if anyone is interested. :thumb:

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #2516 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 00:58:04 »
Why cyrillic? I was hoping to buy granite full set and cyrillic for my next diy40% keyboard   :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2517 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:39:45 »

Massdrop GB system is way better than SP's. If the price is the same, I don't see it as a disservice, actually I see it as a bonus.

Posted a short review of this set on my website. Here it is if anyone is interested. :thumb:

nice review! thanks for sharing.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #2518 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:28:59 »

Will it have iso layout and åäö keys?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2519 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:33:10 »

Will it have iso layout and åäö keys?

it will have ISO. I will probably drop PT, DK, ES, RU, UA (unless I get some requests). FR and IT are also endangered, I have to check how the kits come out.

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #2520 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:38:23 »
As long as you keep the German layouts, we're fine 😉

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #2521 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 04:28:51 »
As long as you keep the German layouts, we're fine 😉
Qwertz? Üäö? Seems to be the best for me(Sweden, qwerty åäö) just switch Z and y :) i will do that when my poker II iso de comes :)

Offline madik

« Reply #2522 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:29:54 »
+1 for another round. Will be perfect for my upcoming Ergodox build and I unfortunatelly missed the first GB.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #2523 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:08:33 »
+1 for another round. Will be perfect for my upcoming Ergodox build and I unfortunatelly missed the first GB.

+100. I need this in my life.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #2524 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 13:04:21 »

+100. I need this in my life.

+10 Can't get enough granite.

Offline eMps

« Reply #2525 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 02:16:18 »

I'm definitely getting another set if Korean is one of the options.
Colemak since Jan. 10, 2011

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #2526 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:02:41 »
Anyone receive word on replacements being shipped for defective keys?

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2527 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:05:04 »
Nope, nothing here yet.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2528 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 10:32:24 »
Please have a look at this http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61612.0 if you need more granite...

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #2529 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 17:25:03 »
Please have a look at this http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61612.0 if you need more granite...
Great news! :D

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2530 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 18:45:46 »

Wish I could just get the Windows, nerdom and the set with the blue arrows.

Do you think that will be possible if this goes through MassDrop?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2531 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 01:31:28 »

Wish I could just get the Windows, nerdom and the set with the blue arrows.

Do you think that will be possible if this goes through MassDrop?

I don't have a clue :) communication is a bit slow with massdrop. I'll let you know asap.

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #2532 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 12:21:20 »
Received an email with tracking info, believe its the granite replacements they were planning on sending, unless galaxy class is magically done already :)

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2533 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:44:44 »
Ditto. I should have whatever this is by the weekend, will post comparison pics if it's the replacement caps.

Edit: I do have the Galaxy Set on order, but not the DSA Dolch.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:48:18 by Grendel »
- I'm game !

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2534 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:45:03 »
Received an email with tracking info, believe its the granite replacements they were planning on sending, unless galaxy class is magically done already :)

I just got the same mail, but I haven't ordered granite replacements!

Maybe it's indeed my Galaxy Class order? Or the DSA Dolch Set is finished?

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2535 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:45:11 »
Got one too, woo!

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #2536 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:35:44 »
Received my replacement caps today and I am very happy. Thanks, Melissa!  :thumb:

Before:
74667-0

After:
74665-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:10:49 by abjr »
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #2537 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:52:57 »
Pictures pleeease or i don't believe ;p

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2538 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:10:46 »
Ditto. I should have whatever this is by the weekend, will post comparison pics if it's the replacement caps.

So have you guys received anything yet?

I am REALLY curious what it is, because I didn't order any replacement keys for granite!

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2539 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:11:43 »
Looks like a huge improvement!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2540 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:33:05 »
I have Galaxy and no tracking received, so it must be something else.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #2541 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:51:07 »
Got the new caps in.

Before:

After:
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2542 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 16:00:21 »

[..]

So have you guys received anything yet?

I am REALLY curious what it is, because I didn't order any replacement keys for granite!

Looks like it's the replacement caps, still a few more hours before I get home.. ;)
- I'm game !

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2543 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 20:46:20 »
Received my replacement caps today and I am very happy. Thanks, Melissa!  :thumb:

Before:
(Attachment Link)

After:
(Attachment Link)

That's your layout?  Wow, me too!

74682-0

74684-1
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #2544 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 21:42:03 »
Yep it was replacement caps, definitely much better sublimation alignment on my numpad now

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2545 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 22:47:37 »
I was the caps, too late for taking a pic right now, will do that tomorrow. I was supposed to get three common sets but only one was sent (packaging slip says QTY 3, argh !!) Caps look a lot more uniform mounted, although I do have a few that are printed slightly off-center, I think I will just ignore that for now :)
- I'm game !

Offline Grendel

« Reply #2546 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 00:08:56 »
Here we go, same board w/ original common set and replacement common set:

- I'm game !

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2547 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:08:39 »
Here we go, same board w/ original common set and replacement common set:

Show Image
Show Image

Just curious.  Did they send you new deep dish F/J caps with your replacements?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #2548 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 08:04:41 »
I didn't receive new deep dish

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2549 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 08:15:30 »
I don't know if this is true for everyone, but my deep dish caps seem to be fine. I guess they're done on a separate mould (or whatever the term is) that wasn't affected by the alignment issues?