Author Topic: KRAP Shop Thread - Spring Festival Sale (Completed)  (Read 848425 times)

Offline Zeroo

Just so you know, UK is GMT not GMT + 1

It sort of is GMT+1 now with summer time ;) The 3 PM is right anyway

Offline btctopre

I just read your comment regarding topre stem and now i am abit worried that it might break. Actually i am also having a hard time creating topre stem cause most of the cap I cast is very loose and if you flip the board, it would fall off. So what i did is thicken it a bit so it would be tighter. But after what you mentioned, being too tight might cause the stem to break or something and i only test the caps 1 time only since i used my mx most of the time
I think you'll be okay, your caps are pretty durable in general so I would expect these to last as well. If you're really concerned though, just put a disclaimer in your sale post that says these caps are you first Topre run and may experience stem issues after lengthy use. And then maybe just do a quick add/remove test on each key where you pop it on/ off the keyboard 10 or so times, pressing down on different spots to put it on, and pulling it off differently each time. That way you get a small test of how each person might be putting on/taking off their caps.

You'll still sell out regardless, Topre users want artisan caps and they're tough to get.

And I see you made your PB private  :'(

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
This time Im only going to pick up one or two, gone in a little too hard the past few sales :p
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
I just read your comment regarding topre stem and now i am abit worried that it might break. Actually i am also having a hard time creating topre stem cause most of the cap I cast is very loose and if you flip the board, it would fall off. So what i did is thicken it a bit so it would be tighter. But after what you mentioned, being too tight might cause the stem to break or something and i only test the caps 1 time only since i used my mx most of the time
I think you'll be okay, your caps are pretty durable in general so I would expect these to last as well. If you're really concerned though, just put a disclaimer in your sale post that says these caps are you first Topre run and may experience stem issues after lengthy use. And then maybe just do a quick add/remove test on each key where you pop it on/ off the keyboard 10 or so times, pressing down on different spots to put it on, and pulling it off differently each time. That way you get a small test of how each person might be putting on/taking off their caps.

You'll still sell out regardless, Topre users want artisan caps and they're tough to get.

And I see you made your PB private  :'(

Yeah, ill probably do that. Thanks for this. Sorry i just am a bit worried i put something personal on my album without me knowing. lol. But ill make it public again after i clean it up.  :p

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=122&iso=20150410T22&msg=Metalikrap%20Sale

Tell me If the countdown is wrong I'll correct it.

Hey this is perfect. Thanks! Hope you dont mind me putting it in the OP.  :-*
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline btctopre

Yeah, ill probably do that. Thanks for this. Sorry i just am a bit worried i put something personal on my album without me knowing. lol. But ill make it public again after i clean it up.  :p
Your **** pics are safe with me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
Your **** pics are safe with me ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)

lol. just checked it and it seems clear  :rolleyes:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Updating the OP now and while listing the colors i did, i didnt imagine doing that many colorways. daym!

Metallic blue and purple will definitely be there except for pink. I dont have that kind of metallic dye so sorry about that  :-[

Will continue to update the OP with the pictures tomorrow. I am not sure as well if i listed our everything already. lol.

Also, applying some feedbacks i got from the previous sale so i hope i got those right. And if you guys still have any suggestions on how i can do better sales in the future, do let me know.

Cheers!
How about having it at the weekend?  Looks like pretty much everyone in the US and Europe will be at work when this kicks off, leaving the "lazy students" first shot at the KRAPs :eek:

I can't use my work computer as google forms are banned (tried last time) so I'll have to use my phone, and multiple forms will be impossible to do discretely... Here's hoping my bosses go home early because it's Friday!

Actually i was supposed to bring this up on my Saturday morning which would be afternoon/night for most of you guys. Unfortunately, life is hindering me to do so due to my commitments on all of my weekends until the end of the month.

The reason why i need to be on standby while doing the sale is because i monitor the forms closely to be sure that the caps that are sold out would be closed which i am only able to do on my friday night. This would prevent people from buying something that isnt there anymore and know what they picked is what they get. And due to some colorway only having 2-3 pcs, i need those forms to be closed as soon as they are out.

So yeah, TL;DR, i dont have the bandwidth to start it on my saturday morning unfortunately

I was only joking, it's as good a time as any and you're right to kill the forms ASAP to avoid disappointment.  I was a student once :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
Updating the OP now and while listing the colors i did, i didnt imagine doing that many colorways. daym!

Metallic blue and purple will definitely be there except for pink. I dont have that kind of metallic dye so sorry about that  :-[

Will continue to update the OP with the pictures tomorrow. I am not sure as well if i listed our everything already. lol.

Also, applying some feedbacks i got from the previous sale so i hope i got those right. And if you guys still have any suggestions on how i can do better sales in the future, do let me know.

Cheers!
How about having it at the weekend?  Looks like pretty much everyone in the US and Europe will be at work when this kicks off, leaving the "lazy students" first shot at the KRAPs :eek:

I can't use my work computer as google forms are banned (tried last time) so I'll have to use my phone, and multiple forms will be impossible to do discretely... Here's hoping my bosses go home early because it's Friday!

Actually i was supposed to bring this up on my Saturday morning which would be afternoon/night for most of you guys. Unfortunately, life is hindering me to do so due to my commitments on all of my weekends until the end of the month.

The reason why i need to be on standby while doing the sale is because i monitor the forms closely to be sure that the caps that are sold out would be closed which i am only able to do on my friday night. This would prevent people from buying something that isnt there anymore and know what they picked is what they get. And due to some colorway only having 2-3 pcs, i need those forms to be closed as soon as they are out.

So yeah, TL;DR, i dont have the bandwidth to start it on my saturday morning unfortunately

I was only joking, it's as good a time as any and you're right to kill the forms ASAP to avoid disappointment.  I was a student once :))

lol yeah, but still its a good point so i just want to share why it wasnt scheduled like that  :-X

Now updating pics....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
metallic blue and I'm down

Metallic pink and you'd be up :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
Those colors are awesome. Hope I wake up early enough for the sale!  ;D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
You probably already know but the Golden Crowned Skulls in both MX and Topre pics are broken (and the Judgmental Skulls aren't there at all)  The rest look great, I have red, blue and yellow so will be after a green one :)

Shame I can't book a bathroom break on Friday!

I entered my first KRAP sale at 6am - woke up, ordered, went back to sleep.  No excuses, you have an alarm :p
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Redeemd

What time will it be on what day for us in the states? lets say pacific time?

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop

What time will it be on what day for us in the states? lets say pacific time?

6am i think? Cause i used the ET which is 10AM from my calculation  :p

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
You probably already know but the Golden Crowned Skulls in both MX and Topre pics are broken (and the Judgmental Skulls aren't there at all)  The rest look great, I have red, blue and yellow so will be after a green one :)

Fixed.

Thanks for highlighting the broken pics. Judgemental skull topre caps still needs to be photographed and will probably do that later and tomorrow will start creating the forms.

I think pre and post sales are the most busy time for me and i hope i got enough time to finish all those forms  :'(

I will probably do 1 form for the topre and just put a dropdown to include all the colors since its only 1 pc/color and creating a form for each is kind of a waste of effort. lol.

:thumb:

Offline dimmu

wow! all these skulls look so polished i can't even decide which ones to get.

Offline btctopre

Holy ****, those two-color MX Crowned Skulls. Really nice job Krytone!

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Kry... man, I'm gonna ship you a better camera or something.. or even better, let me win all of them and I'll do photoshoots XD

But damn, I take it back. I don't just want the purple ones, that Emerald is gorgeous.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

+1 There are some incredible looking keys here. Really liking the Bismuth one personally :)

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
I the Rosy one translucent pink or red? Azurite is mine for sure though.
I love Elzy

Offline Zeroo

+1 There are some incredible looking keys here. Really liking the Bismuth one personally :)

You stay away from (my) Bismuth. That one looks amazing :)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
I the Rosy one translucent pink or red? Azurite is mine for sure though.

Its pink sir.

And thanks everyone! Setting this many colors up is really a chore. lol. Also, just a quick but important announcement!

There are only 1 Bismuth Judgemental Skull for MX and Topre. Those 2 would be up for raffle after the sale to all the ones who are going to join the sale. Ill post the winners after i settle everything.

Also, i just noticed all pics in the OP are kind of bad quality. So i did a shoot again with all the colors except for the first 3 (Gold/Bronze/Silver). Hope the pics are quality enough, lol.

less than 24hrs to go...  :cool:

Cheers!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Thanks for the Rosy azurite then :D
I love Elzy

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
Wow this is really amazing Krytone. Good luck to everyone in the sale.

Offline Peddamann

!!!! Poisoned Emerald is mine !!!!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Show Image

!!!! Poisoned Emerald is mine !!!!

The game is on!

Soo many awesome colors tho Krytone! Can't wait

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
Damn, Kry. Your technique has been on a constant climb. Those are absolutely gorgeous!  :thumb:

Offline calvinhousecat

Prepping for the my first KRAP sale commences now  :cool:

Offline Redeemd

Im going to have to pass on this sale. Ill be waiting for a judgmental skull for mx to go with my diagonal. Good luck to those entering!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Some really really amazing colours you have been able to produce! glws

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
Niiiiiiice! Hopefully my first Crowned skull :D
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Got on, just in time...  :)

Good luck everybody!

Offline Peddamann

Krytone is late....nooooooo :D

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
Trying to play fastest fingers here but the form is not open yet!

Offline Asininity

Forms filled and filed! Can't wait!

Offline calvinhousecat

Phew hopefully I got the ones I wanted

Offline Muffin860

The bronze on seawater came up later than some of the others i was watching. Because of that I went through the others first, then back to the bronze/seawater (the one I really wanted). Hopefully that didn't kick me out of place!
IBM Model M

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
BOOM! Done. Good luck everyone  ;D

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
Ordered. Fingers Crossed!

Offline welsinki

Good luck everyone  :thumb:

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Oh god, how much did I just spend  :'(
Good luck to everyone

Offline btctopre

Hopefully Sifo got his Rosy Azurite, I opted to not put in for it just to give him a better chance :P

Good luck dawgs, hoping I got one of those Azurite Topres.

Offline Peddamann

ummm is there some kind of max orders per person? :D just ordered 8 :D

Offline Funtik

My first sale. Good luck all.
uʍop-ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddıןɟ ʇob ǝɟıן ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ןןɐ ʎɹoʇs ɐ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Hopefully Sifo got his Rosy Azurite, I opted to not put in for it just to give him a better chance :P

Good luck dawgs, hoping I got one of those Azurite Topres.

You have me worried now btc...
Maybe should reserve one for Sifo xD

Offline dimmu

ummm is there some kind of max orders per person? :D just ordered 8 :D

this. set a max order next time, krytone or some of us, myself included will go broke ~

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Bismuth Judgemental Skull...wow.  :eek:

Ordered Topre Bronze skull and Azurite crowned skull.

Good luck!

Offline shoostep

Good morning and good luck to all.  ;D

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Good luck everyone!
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline lolpes

ordered :DIce Crystal Amethyst Crowned Skull is mine!  :)