Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 462699 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: [GB] Gateron Switches
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:17:14 »
So if people are getting invoiced, I guess we need to go into crazy mode to get the browns to 20k?  I can another couple hundred to my order, but I am going to need some help on this.

I got billed 70 black and 70 brown for 0.16 each. I guess we went over?
We got over for blacks and blues, not for browns. We're really close on blues

Can you give me a current count on browns?  I am considering buying the difference to get it to $0.16 as well.  Maybe someone is willing to split buying the difference with me?  If it is actually 4000 needed and I get it to the $0.16 price point, that will cost me $640.  Seems like a pretty big investment considering I don't need that many browns and I have never tried them.  Haha...  Better than buying switches at $0.60/each shipped.

Offline Naed

• Tinkerer and maker of weird prototypes
« Reply #751 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:18:19 »
So if people are getting invoiced, I guess we need to go into crazy mode to get the browns to 20k?  I can another couple hundred to my order, but I am going to need some help on this.

I will put in a order for 200ish browns tomorrow. So that is a bit more. But yes. need help :)

Offline omen7288

« Reply #752 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:19:06 »

I got billed 70 black and 70 brown for 0.16 each. I guess we went over?
We got over for blacks and blues, not for browns. We're really close on blues

Do you mean "got over for blacks and clears, not for browns. We're really close on blues?"

You mentioned above to order more blues. I already paid my invoice and I imagine I could request more. I wouldn't mind adding more blues if need be but, if I had another 110 blues and my shipping goes up for another $8, then I'm not sure.  Will be deciding soon if I should buy more to push up over the 20k
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #753 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:20:07 »
@swill, order the 4000 switches, and once they hit $0.16, more people will buy them. Then adjust down at the invoice due date. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Naed

• Tinkerer and maker of weird prototypes
« Reply #754 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:22:35 »
@swill, order the 4000 switches, and once they hit $0.16, more people will buy them. Then adjust down at the invoice due date. :D

Risky  ;) I like it!

in all seriousness. If we wait a day or two, the weekend will be in full swing and people will be checking back on the status of the thread, because it will be getting "close" to the end. So hopefully that does a bit too :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #755 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:22:37 »

Ya, if hwood34 doesn't mind invoicing me last and making the adjustment to reduce my order down to what is needed to get us to $0.16, that could work pretty well...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #756 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:26:55 »

Ya, if hwood34 doesn't mind invoicing me last and making the adjustment to reduce my order down to what is needed to get us to $0.16, that could work pretty well...
I'll be sure to talk to shadovved about it, but that is a great idea
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline joey

« Reply #757 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:29:37 »
I did my part and ordered 200 browns.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #758 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:30:06 »

Alright, talk to shadovved and make sure that is something we can do.  Also, if you can give me an updated count and I will add that amount to my order and then we can go from there.  Make sense?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:37:19 »

Alright, talk to shadovved and make sure that is something we can do.  Also, if you can give me an updated count and I will add that amount to my order and then we can go from there.  Make sense?
The count in the OP is accurate as of today. I'll get him to update the count :thumb:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #760 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:37:34 »

Makes cents to me...    ;)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #761 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:39:46 »
I am going to need vendor status just to get rid of all of these things...  Haha...

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #762 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 16:27:00 »
I will be placing an order soon.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #763 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 19:16:59 »
What kind of shipping method is being used?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #764 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 19:53:22 »
PMed you about wrong amounts in my total.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #765 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 20:29:16 »
I really want to know what this many switches looks like sitting all in one room. When you get the order in from Gateron you should take a pic and share it with us  :))

Edit: Ohh just realized this was my 100th post. Woo :)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #766 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 20:31:18 »
Got my invoice. I'll be paying on the 12th after I get paid.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #767 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 20:32:24 »
I have settled all the PMs to me.

@elton registered airmail, aka USPS Priority

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #768 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 21:43:14 »
I have just edited my order and added another 4000 browns to make sure that we get the $0.16 price point for that switch.

Please feel free to add more browns to your order now that you know they will be at the lower price point.  I have sorted out with Shadovved that I will reduce my order at the end to keep us at this price point, but reduce the amount of extra switches I am ordering.  I have ordered almost 5,000 switches right now, so if I can get that down by 1k or 2k, my wallet would appreciate it.  :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #769 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 22:22:38 »
I have just edited my order and added another 4000 browns to make sure that we get the $0.16 price point for that switch.

Please feel free to add more browns to your order now that you know they will be at the lower price point.  I have sorted out with Shadovved that I will reduce my order at the end to keep us at this price point, but reduce the amount of extra switches I am ordering.  I have ordered almost 5,000 switches right now, so if I can get that down by 1k or 2k, my wallet would appreciate it.  :)
Awesome! Thanks a bunch man, really helps :thumb: PM'd

Offline engicoder

« Reply #770 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 22:25:45 »

I've already been invoiced...any chance I can add to my order?

Offline engicoder

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 22:28:06 »

I've already been invoiced...any chance I can add to my order? Not a problem if not...just thought I would try to help swill out.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 23:11:18 »

I've already been invoiced...any chance I can add to my order?
yup, just PM shadovved

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #773 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 23:22:24 »
For problems or questions regarding invoices, please PM Shadovved

Offline pryedthirdeye

« Reply #774 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 00:03:41 »
Ordered up some clears for the eventual building of a custom board :)
clicky clicky

Offline woodmech

« Reply #775 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 00:53:15 »
For all questions about invoicing, PM Shadovved, unless you got one of the invoices from me. Also, you have until the 16th to pay your invoice regardless of what the invoice says

And if need be, I will buy the Blues up to the 20k mark so buy without worry!

Thanks for running this GB. In for 100 Blues. :thumb:
I joined GH just for this.  :D

Offline leandre.north

« Reply #776 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 00:58:06 »
Going to buy 70 clears for my all custom 60% keyboard. I ordered the aluminium plates from China. The only thing missing is a case and a Teensy ;-)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #777 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 01:00:46 »
I can't remember if I changed my order or not... and then I payed the invoice... anyway to see what I've ordered?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #778 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 01:03:43 »
I can't remember if I changed my order or not... and then I payed the invoice... anyway to see what I've ordered?
shoot shadovved a PM :thumb:

Offline thebornotaku

« Reply #779 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 01:37:15 »
Just as an aside, $24 is a lot for shipping! I don't know how much space 300 switches occupies in loose form but I would imagine it could fit quite nicely in a USPS Flat Rate box.

Regardless, ~$79 is a good price for 3+ keyboards worth of switches and should keep me well occupied. Hell, maybe I'll turn this MX blue Das in to a Gateron Clear Das...

Can't wait to get busy with the iron!
Daskeyboard Professional MX Browns, the work board.
Daskeyboard Professional MX Blues, the clicky temporary board.
CM Storm Quickfire PRO MX Browns, the broken home board out for RMA.

Offline joey

« Reply #780 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 01:41:45 »
swill for president.

Offline jujubii

« Reply #781 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 01:48:15 »
Just as an aside, $24 is a lot for shipping! I don't know how much space 300 switches occupies in loose form but I would imagine it could fit quite nicely in a USPS Flat Rate box.

Regardless, ~$79 is a good price for 3+ keyboards worth of switches and should keep me well occupied. Hell, maybe I'll turn this MX blue Das in to a Gateron Clear Das...

so it seems the $7-8/100 switches in the OP holds true
If I were to send in a request for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 02:33:47 by jujubii »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #782 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 02:20:00 »

If I were to send in an invoice for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?
well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $1216 shipping

edit: sry typo
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:17:09 by hwood34 »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #783 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 02:40:44 »
I'm in for 100 of each.....

Offline alex952

« Reply #784 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 03:24:02 »
Just received some springs to swap those clears with  ;D What are your plans with the clears?

Offline leandre.north

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 03:57:55 »
Just received some springs to swap those clears with  ;D What are your plans with the clears?
Where did you buy springs?

Offline alex952

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 04:00:49 »

I got them from ZealPC store. He seems a nice guy and the shipping was truly fast (considering I'm in Europe).

Offline leandre.north

« Reply #787 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 04:02:53 »

I got them from ZealPC store. He seems a nice guy and the shipping was truly fast (considering I'm in Europe).
Thanks, will check out.

Offline toonoobtobereal

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 04:15:21 »
Thanks for doing this!

I put in an order for 200 Blacks and 50 Blues!
CM Storm QuickFire Pro (MX Red) / Varmilo VA87MR (MX Red) with mint PBT caps EVE caps

Offline totalkrill

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 04:24:24 »
Paid!

Offline Hzza

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 04:27:43 »
Paid up, thanks for running this guys.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #791 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:15:44 »

If I were to send in an invoice for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?
well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $12 shipping

NVM. I think I answered my own question. Delete me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:17:22 by awhitedev »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:56:14 »
Damn this GB brought a lot of new people to GH! :D

Well done Hwood and Shadovved on organizing this. I might not own an MX board ever again but I may take some switches just in case!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline RavenII

« Reply #793 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 07:45:33 »

If I were to send in a request for 200 gateron blacks will I be looking at: $0.16*200 + $8*2 + $3.50 (handling) = $51.50?

At first I was kinda upset that all the extra fees and such came out towards the end of the GB. But hey, ultimately you've got to realize that it's hwood's first time. At the end of the day, you still can't find a better price. The difference in my order was ~22 usd....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 07:48:03 »
Damn this GB brought a lot of new people to GH! :D

Well done Hwood and Shadovved on organizing this. I might not own an MX board ever again but I may take some switches just in case!

I have noticed that as well, many newcomers that joined for the GB. Well done guys.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #795 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 07:59:53 »
I PM'd both Shadovved and Hwood to cancel my order and invoice. You guys suck and I don't want to be associated with this any more. Just kidding, I will resubmit a new much larger order, try to help out Swill with the browns especially.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Moderate

« Reply #796 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 08:09:16 »
Woo, first post! Just making a note that I just put in a form for 100 blacks. It's really quite interesting seeing how the interest in Gaterons has exploded over the last few months.

Also thanks hwood34 and Shadovved for running this! :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 08:12:14 »
Woo, first post! Just making a note that I just put in a form for 100 blacks. It's really quite interesting seeing how the interest in Gaterons has exploded over the last few months.

Also thanks hwood34 and Shadovved for running this! :D

And welcome to geekhack!

Offline toonoobtobereal

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 08:15:03 »
At first I was kinda upset that all the extra fees and such came out towards the end of the GB. But hey, ultimately you've got to realize that it's hwood's first time. At the end of the day, you still can't find a better price. The difference in my order was ~22 usd....

Haven't seen a lot of extra fees get piled up.
I've been eyeballing this GB from when it started and I've only seen a mention of the handling fee getting bumped a tad (from USD$2.00 to USD$3.50) which is normal, I mean, that's a ^&% load of switches Shadovved will have to go through and mail out to us.

well, it's not exactly $7-8/100. 200 switches is $12 shipping

Postage was always stated as being variable, so if you order tons of them, postage is going to be much, much more of course then ordering 100 or 200 switches.

CM Storm QuickFire Pro (MX Red) / Varmilo VA87MR (MX Red) with mint PBT caps EVE caps

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #799 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:05:00 »
Order submitted for 120 blacks, 70 clears and 10 blues! Now I play the waiting game

...again.

EDIT: PAID!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:59:33 by Fnzzy »